• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Have I been building my city wrong?

DeletedUser32355

I'm almost at EMA. (haven't got to it yet)
ioOHawXsQqCK72PgF-uU7w.jpg

DeletedUser31592

Cities can vary depending on playing style. A few observances:
- Too many decorations and cultural buildings. Level that Oracle up a few levels to help with happiness. Are you doing the GE? If so, do you have any Face of the Ancient or Gate of the Sun God decorations in your inventory? At 2x2, I find them helpful in IA to combat happiness. Way more effective than a large cultural building.
-The arrangement could be more effective. The less roads you have, the more room you have for buildings.
- Do you have supply issues? A butcher, a fruit farm, and a goat farm, right? (I don't have everything memorized.) Get rid of the farms. Add more butchers.
-Convert your Roof Tile Houses to Cottages. You will free up space by doing so.

Salsuero

What does "wrong" mean to you? Or rather... what's "right"? It's hard to have an answer without your personal context... your goals, what you hope to achieve, the direction you plan to take, your play style, etc. There's nothing inherently "wrong" with that picture... unless there is. Who can say without more information?

DeletedUser32355

Looking back on this thread, and my old city designs, make me cringe. :(
Soooooooooo inefficient, too many roads, etc.
I "fixed" it. So this picture is what the "right" way of building my city is. I also now am happily zooming through HMA with my efficient city.:cool:
pmA1QqWhQX6ege9tTgbn2A.png

The spot with 3 clapboard houses and a 2x6 space behind them: is going to have a CoA with the houses removed. :D
I now have no supply shortages and an enthusiastic population.

Freshmeboy

It's not that your city is 'wrong'...it's that you are playing the forum wrong. You are supposed to come here and complain that INNO hates you, city design is too tough and that, without Standard Orientation becoming an in game requirement, you are completely lost in your own empire....Instead you asked some real questions and other posters were gladly willing to help you....Man, this forum is just getting worse by the day...

DeletedUser32906

My city makes my guildmates cringe...... hahahahaha.... Their most used word is ..... CHAOS..... and I’m ok with that hahahahaha