• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Unformatted Have the ability to identify what players are currently active in the sectors of battleground

mamboking053

I did not say "no one" would support this. That is a sweeping statement which is every bit as inane as saying "Everyone"
I talk with, a lot of folks in the game, we discuss all sorts of subjects including things like this. And on this point "None of THEM" (not "no one"). Thought this was a good idea. Yes at times a sector gets flipped, but that matter is dealt with very effectively by good guild management and respect for the leaders and founder. If it is happening constantly it is showing a lack of respect and a well run guild no matter if it is #1 or not, has deeper internal problems if that is the case.
What are you talking about? Tell me the team or organization that allows a person to run counter to the company, the team, or the organizations plan. Tell me where your idea of free will is supported in any successful business. Which one does not aim for the best and uses or engineers new methods to get them there? Just because you can win a race with a thorn in your shoe doesn't mean you leave it there. That would be terrible advice.

Last edited:

mamboking053

Funny how when you disagree you are a forun-haunt, but if you keep proposing the same over and oveer again it is for the good cause and all that agree, but do not visit the forum.

You sir, are a Saint and need to get a medal!
A forum-haunt would imply someone who is a persistent, negative presence on the forums. Someone who likely wakes and sleeps on the forum and never leaves. I should apologize by saying *everyone* though, because some people who disagreed with it I actually like and listen to.

But we all know you are one of those nasty individuals, and that is documented fact.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
A forum-haunt would imply someone who is a persistent, negative presence on the forums. Someone who likely wakes and sleeps on the forum and never leaves. I should apologize by saying *everyone* though, because some people who disagreed with it I actually like and listen to.

But we all know you are one of those nasty individuals, and that is documented fact.
So now you are saying you are a forum-haunt?

Sheherazade

Stop getting your knickers in a twist. The only ones running counterclockwise to anything are the leaders who refuse to see THEY have a problem. Why are THEY not discussing this matter in guild with ALL their guild members in a open and reasonable way that shows each person they are valued and that their contribution and opinion matters. Or are the organization (guild) plan something of import to the top tier only and the members just supposed to shut up and do as they are told?.

mamboking053

Stop getting your knickers in a twist. The only ones running counterclockwise to anything are the leaders who refuse to see THEY have a problem. Why are THEY not discussing this matter in guild with ALL their guild members in a open and reasonable way that shows each person they are valued and that their contribution and opinion matters. Or are the organization (guild) plan something of import to the top tier only and the members just supposed to shut up and do as they are told?.
Take a second and realize that every bad child is not the parents fault. Every bad student is not the teachers fault. Every bad player is not the coaches fault. Every bad soldier is not the generals fault. Realize that outside this ideal form of "leadership" you've crafted in your head, despite what you do to try and dissuade certain types of behavior at the lowest level, it will happen regardless and other measures have to be taken. Does that mean you immediately eject someone upon finding out who they are? No. The people who fess up aren't beaten to death. But they are counseled. I imagine if they kept doing it they would have been ejected, but they haven't. But without being able to identify the problem or deal with the problem directly, sometimes it's impossible or very difficult to solve and throwing out "poor leadership" as an excuse is what armchair coaches do when they don't understand the problems those leaders deal with.

RazorbackPirate

What are you talking about? Tell me the team or organization that allows a person to run counter to the company, the team, or the organizations plan. Tell me where your idea of free will is supported in any successful business. Which one does not aim for the best and uses or engineers new methods to get them there? Just because you can win a race with a thorn in your shoe doesn't mean you leave it there. That would be terrible advice.
Dumbest analogy ever. When you start paying me to be in your guild or play GBG for your guild, you can control what I do with my time, my game, and my resources. Short of that, all you can do is suggest. When I agree, I'll do as you ask. When I disagree, I'll do what I want.

You don't own me.

DevaCat

Take a second and realize that every bad child is not the parents fault. Every bad student is not the teachers fault. Every bad player is not the coaches fault. Every bad soldier is not the generals fault. Realize that outside this ideal form of "leadership" you've crafted in your head, despite what you do to try and dissuade certain types of behavior at the lowest level, it will happen regardless and other measures have to be taken. Does that mean you immediately eject someone upon finding out who they are? No. The people who fess up aren't beaten to death. But they are counseled. I imagine if they kept doing it they would have been ejected, but they haven't. But without being able to identify the problem or deal with the problem directly, sometimes it's impossible or very difficult to solve and throwing out "poor leadership" as an excuse is what armchair coaches do when they don't understand the problems those leaders deal with.
Your continuing dismissive, and arrogant, manner of responding to those who disagree with you clearly demonstrates you just don't get it.

Those diamond level guild leaders who have figured it out and are winning without any of the changes or "tools" that you and others keep clamoring for don't need them. Why should those who cannot be given help from Inno to do what they cannot do for themselves? This is a clear example of wanting to make the game easier. I don't care how you choose to obfuscate that.

mamboking053

Dumbest analogy ever. When you start paying me to be in your guild or play GBG for your guild, you can control what I do with my time, my game, and my resources. Short of that, all you can do is suggest. When I agree, I'll do as you ask. When I disagree, I'll do what I want.

You don't own me.
The idea, again, is not controlling every action. If you want to be an individual, leave the guild. Go start your own. You have as much right to come into someone else's guild and declare what you can and can't do as you do someone else's home or business. But not only that, you want to be incognito while doing it. So I can't even confront you about it. Why...are you even there? Someone with this attitude flipping sectors in my guild? Yeah, you'd have been canceled in a second. That's what I mean. It's not the action itself, it's the attitude. That's malicious. That is counter to any definition of team work I've ever known.

But at this point you and everyone else knows my opinion, and I'm sure I know others. Thank you.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
I think that is how they ruled East-Germany. They counseled a lot.

Sheherazade

I do understand the problems parents, leaders AND coaches deal with. I have also seen the problems bad management and coaching can have. When someone joins a new guild they can bring problems with them, maybe those problems got them kicked out of their last one. Maybe they faced leadership attitudes in the past that colors their attitude. Or their problem could be they are noobs and do not know what guild etiquette is. Whatever ... it is up to the new management to sort this out. not some outside source.

DeletedUser25171

For all the people objecting on the basis of privacy, I'd like to point out that what the OP is describing has been present in GvG for years without all this concern about people knowing you're online.

Graviton

For all the people objecting on the basis of privacy, I'd like to point out that what the OP is describing has been present in GvG for years without all this concern about people knowing you're online.
Considerably more people play GBG than GvG. I mean, significantly more, considering that GvG is not available on mobile. So I'm not sure this point has much relevance.

Stephen Longshanks

Yes, but the mechanics (and pretty much everything else) in GvG is different from GBG. Making analogies between the two is not only irrelevant, it hurts your cause because most players don't like GvG. And that is not opinion, it is fact.

Algona

I keep wondering how people smart enough too manage successful GvG Guilds are not bright enough to think this through.

Even if they get every one of their Guildies to become good little robot soldiers doing only as ordered, it's not going to change anything. A couple more tin soldiers ain't the solution to the leader's problems.

Their Guild won't suddenly shoot to the top the ranks, they are either already there or they have serious fundamental problems keeping them from getting there

----------

in a different vein:

Justifying an invasion of privacy with another invasion of privacy? Unacceptable.

Extending the invasion of privacy from the few who play GvG to the many more who play GBG? Unacceptable.

Tp do so because the OP and a few others can't get their Guild mates to do their bidding?

No.

Last edited:

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator

No it hasn't. GvG does not show who is online.