• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Healing units?

Bosshoof

Do you need a matching barracks to heal a military unit? I recently aged up and replaced all of my last age barracks with new ones. I have a boatload of previous age units, which I am using in the first couple of levels of GE. I generally replace any unit with two bars of damage before the next fight. Do these "orphan" units with no barracks get healed, or should I just use them until they die?

DevaCat

The unattached units will heal over time, their barracks aren’t required for that.

Johnny B. Goode

As has been noted, unattached units will heal naturally over time. Attached units (units trained in a barracks and not received as rewards or from Alcatraz GB or other means) will disappear when the barracks they were trained in is sold.

Agent327

Picking nits. I should have stated “barracks of their ( unattached units) type are not required for healing. Better?

Not really. Unattached units do not come from barracks. You can have unattached units you never had a barrack for, so mentioning barracks is not needed at all.

Johnny B. Goode

Not really. Unattached units do not come from barracks. You can have unattached units you never had a barrack for, so mentioning barracks is not needed at all.
Reread the OP, particularly this line...
Do you need a matching barracks to heal a military unit?
In that context, it was absolutely relevant to mention that unattached units do not need a military barracks of their particular type of unit in order to heal. @DevaCat never said that the unattached units came from a barracks. Quit arguing silly stuff.

Ebeondi Asi

And who else is guilty of nitpicking well beyond any reason? Why it is Johnny B. Goode ... you two were made for each other LOL

Agent327

"Their" in this case meaning a barracks of their type, not the barracks they came from. That should be obvious to any reader.

Unattached units do not have a barrack of any type, so there is no reason at all to mention barracks in regards to them.

DevaCat

Unattached units do not have a barrack of any type, so there is no reason at all to mention barracks in regards to them.
Read the very first sentence of the original post, and stop trying to be clever. The op asked about matching barracks.

Johnny B. Goode

THE ORIGINAL QUESTION AT THE VERY START OF THE ORIGINAL POST ASKED SPECIFICALLY ABOUT WHETHER BARRACKS WERE NEEDED FOR UNITS TO HEAL. THE PHRASE...
barracks aren’t required for that
...IS THE EXACT ANSWER TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER'S INITIAL QUESTION. NOW JUST STOP.

Agent327

Read the very first sentence of the original post, and stop trying to be clever. The op asked about matching barracks.

Yes and since unattached units do not come from barracks to start with, you can not even have "their" barracks.

Unattached units do not come from barracks, so you do not need a barrack for them to heal.
Attached units come from barracks and need a barrack to heal, but only because without the barrack the unit is gone.

Pericles the Lion

Also a bit incomplete, or just wrong. With diamonds they will even heal when they are dead.
Also a bit incomplete. Dead units can be healed with diamonds, but this must be done in the Victory window before the battle is closed out. Once the battle has been finalized, dead units cannot be revived.

Johnny B. Goode

Also a bit incomplete, or just wrong. With diamonds they will even heal when they are dead.
No, they would be revived with Diamonds. You can't "heal" a dead thing, only revive it. Not the same thing. Or would you confuse a surgeon with Baron von Frankenstein? He didn't say "heal my creation", he said "give my creation life". (You are the one that turned this thread into a nitpicking slugfest, now the tables have turned. LOL)

Agent327

Also a bit incomplete. Dead units can be healed with diamonds, but this must be done in the Victory window before the battle is closed out. Once the battle has been finalized, dead units cannot be revived.

Units need to be healed in that victory window as well, so not really relevant. If you want to be complete you should also mention that Support can put them back for you if you are still willing to spend the diamonds. The number of times they will do so is limited however. Complete enough for you?

No, they would be revived with Diamonds. You can't "heal" a dead thing, only revive it.

You just discovered a bug Johnny. Window says heal, not revive. I will give you the honor of reporting it, as you know you are obliged to do.