• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Heavy Questing Suggestions

• Thread starter DeletedUser38694
  • Start date

DeletedUser38694

This will be a simple age by age guide to heavy questing. HQ is the process of abort-cycling the recurring quests in order to collect as many rewards as possible per day. I have read, or tried to read, other guides about HQ, but they were long and full of math that I didn't really care about. This guide will be an attempt to get HQ down to as simple a form as possible so that all players can learn something from it.

DeletedUser38694

The Bronze Age

In most guides about HQ, the bronze age is a place to get through as fast as possible, staying only long enough to secure your 20 diamond reward. I disagree. Unless you are part of a guild that demands participation in GE or GvG, I recommend camping in the bronze age for as long as you can, for reasons I'll list later.
First, let's take a look at the various quests that you'll get in the bronze age:
A. Collect two one day productions; there are three different quests here, one for each of the three supply buildings in the bronze age.
B. Have 4 of one kind of unit and four of another kind of unit; there are two quests here: warriors/horsemen and spearfighters/stonethrowers.
C. Spend 8 Forge Points.
D. Research two technologies.
E. Collect 1600 coins.
F. Collect 1600 supplies.
G. Pay 500 coins and 600 supplies.
This last quest is known as the 'unbirthday quest,' aka: the UBQ.

DeletedUser38694

Now let's look at the possible rewards for te quests. For our purposes, it isn't important to know the percentage chance to win each reward.
1. 10 Forge Points.
2. 5 Forge Points.
3. 2 Forge Points.
4. 5 units of one good; either dye, wine, stone, lumber, or marble.
5. 100 coins or 100 supplies.
6. 1000 coins.or 1000 supplies.
Alll told, there are 12 different rewards.

DeletedUser36624

B. Have 4 of one kind of unit and four of another kind of unit; there are two quests here: warriors/horsemen and spearfighters/stonethrowers.
3 quests. There is one for spearfighters/slingers.
Now let's look at the possible rewards for te quests. For our purposes, it isn't important to know the percentage chance to win each reward.
1. 10 Forge Points.
2. 5 Forge Points.
3. 2 Forge Points.
4. 5 units of one good; either dye, wine, stone, lumber, or marble.
Alll told, there are 12 different rewards.
There are no 10 or 2 FP rewards. In BA, it is 100 or 300 coins or supplies, not 1000. You can also get a random BA blueprint, or 5 medals. Each quest also has a small chance to give 20 diamonds once ever.

mamboking053

This will be a simple age by age guide to heavy questing. HQ is the process of abort-cycling the recurring quests in order to collect as many rewards as possible per day. I have read, or tried to read, other guides about HQ, but they were long and full of math that I didn't really care about. This guide will be an attempt to get HQ down to as simple a form as possible so that all players can learn something from it.

You can't claim to make a guide, but ignore much of the details that are important so that a person understands what they are doing, not just doing it. Understanding what they are doing allows them to innovate or deviate in order to accommodate their own play style and actually learn more about the game.

DeletedUser38090

but they were long and full of math that I didn't really care about
If you are into doing RQs, you're probably concerned about having an efficient town, and thus, math is extremely important. Would adding this terrace farm to replace 4 alchemists be worth it? Would this new event building be more efficient than the RQs I would be getting now? You can choose to ignore the math if you want, but it's like saying you want to mine gold, but choose not to use geology. Sure, you might end up being better off than the average person, but you still haven't used all the tools to your disposal.

In most guides about HQ, the bronze age is a place to get through as fast as possible, staying only long enough to secure your 20 diamond reward. I disagree. Unless you are part of a guild that demands participation in GE or GvG, I recommend camping in the bronze age for as long as you can, for reasons I'll list later.

I know this is in a work in progress, but I'd like to know why you think camping in Bronze for "the longest time possible" is a good idea (maybe for fun, but I don't see the argument for efficiency). If you are concerned about BPs, moving up to Iron Age and finding powerlevelers for cheap 5th place spots is often so much faster than staying in Bronze. Iron Age gives you the ability to snipe GBs, and if you do lots of sniping, even without an arc, you can net in more FP than having the chance of 2 5-packs from collecting 56 blacksmiths. You can also do the cultural settlements for 25 extra fp every 1.5-2 days. Daily challenges also give you fp a good number of times, and same with GE, although I haven't done the math for those, but I am certain that FP production in Iron is so much better than in Bronze.

Just like @Roxana 1184 the Wise has said, there's also a slinger/spearmen quest, and you need to specify that in order for these quests to show up on the abort cycle, that you can have at most 2 of each unit. If you want to make a guide on specifically what RQs there are, you need to be as thorough as possible.

E. Collect 1600 coins.
It's actually collect 1800 coins.

F. Collect 1600 supplies.
It's actually collect 1500 supplies.

G. Pay 500 coins and 600 supplies.
It's actually 600 coins, and 500 supplies.

For our purposes, it isn't important to know the percentage chance to win each reward.
Percentages are very important to know in determining the efficiency of RQing.

1. 10 Forge Points.
2. 5 Forge Points.
3. 2 Forge Points.

No, there are only 5-FP packs as a reward. You cannot get a 10-pack or a 2-pack, or a Tupac (although a Tupac would be very nice) with Recurring Quests.

No, you can get 100 coins or 100 supplies, or 300 coins and 300 supplies. In Iron Age, you can get 1000 coins or 1000 supplies from RQs.

Alll told, there are 12 different rewards
You're correct that there are 12 different rewards, but you've made several mistakes in what the rewards are.
I recommend checking out the FoE unofficial wiki so you can check out the recurring quest stuff here. Based on the direction of this guide, the FoE wiki covers nearly everything here: https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Recurring_Quests

Unless if you have something very new to the table that gives merits to this guide, this wiki page covers it all.

DeletedUser38694

Thanks for your corrections, and I really do appreciate ypur kindness in correcting me. I was attempting to put forth a bit of information based on two things: my personal experience and a half-perused, and rather complex, questing guide on this forum. I realize that I made some rather bad errors in my post, mostly due to my own inexperience. I didn't even know that there was a wiki on Fandom, and thus I did not read it.
Having admitted my lack of knowledge and my limited experience, I'm not sure that I should attempt to salvage this so called 'guide.'

DeletedUser38090

Having admitted my lack of knowledge and my limited experience, I'm not sure that I should attempt to salvage this so called 'guide.'
Yeah, most folks don't make a guide here without having the basics handled and covered. Saves you both time and embarrassment if you only write a guide when you know for sure your strategy works. If you really want to help players out with a couple of tips, this would be much better suited for the Forge Hall, where discussion becomes more of an important feature, and it's not expected for your information to be completely top-notch.

I didn't even know that there was a wiki on Fandom, and thus I did not read it.
I'm glad I've shown you the resource. There is a lot of information there.

Also, I'm curious as to why you said Bronze was the best age to camp. How so? RQs might be cheap in Bronze, but in Iron you have so much more access to game features that you can definitely do more RQs that way.

Agent327

I realize that I made some rather bad errors in my post, mostly due to my own inexperience. I didn't even know that there was a wiki on Fandom, and thus I did not read it.

No