• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

hello i am new to FOE and i have a question

LoftyLemon245

what is the quickest and most effective way to gain supplies and is there any other resources or goods i should look into? I will take any answers and do my best to work with them

Emberguard

To begin with the quickest way is to build a lot of supply production buildings and set them to 24 hr cycles (this reduces the amount of aid you’ll need)

The rest will depend on if you’re interesting in going through a lot of quests, whether you want to stick to current age Great Building options or get into Great Buildings from above your age

Kranyar the Mysterious

Short term build a Lighthouse of Alexandria great building, it gives a supply boost. Longer term the Himeji Castle great building gives a lot of supplies especially above level 40.

Whatever you do, don't age up too fast. That is the biggest mistake people make in this game.

wolfhoundtoo

The quickest way to generate resources is to be online a lot and run the shortest supply run available that you'll be on to collect (assuming you mean bronze and early iron age it's likely 5 to 15 minutes being best) with a lot of resource buildings to generate the most amount of supplies. This is of course assuming you won't be getting much aid from other players (you'll get larger amount of supplies for longer production runs which are best if you can get the buildings aided).

During an event you might be able to come across supply rewards (not really the best choice usually for your hard earned event currency but if you are short on supplies you probably aren't completing many of the quests either).

While the advice about Great Buildings and event buildings is good advice that's more what I call midterm strategy as I'm presuming you are in a bronze or iron age and having a tough time with supplies.

Algona

what is the quickest and most effective way to gain supplies and is there any other resources or goods i should look into?

Welcome to the game and the forum.

You got three completely different answers. The beauty of this game is that all three answers are correct, depending on exactly what you mean and your current game state.

Are you looking for a quick fix of the most Supplies in the next day or two? wofhoundtoo gives the best answer. If you are talking about a week or two and can't grind all day long, Emberguard gives the best answer. If you are talking long term strategy on the order of months, Kranyar gives the best answer.

What are you trying to do?

----------

Highly recommend you read this:

IThere's a lot ot read because this is a complex game. Taking the time to rad it now will help you tremendously.

Johnny B. Goode

My answer, which is different from the other three, is to pursue the Tower of Babel Great Building and build it as soon as possible. Then don't build goods buildings. Goods buildings are the biggest consumer of coins and supplies in the game, and the way the game is structured now it is easy to avoid having to use them. Also pursue event buildings that produce goods. And in the current event, always choose the Raccoon when it is available. It gives 10, 20 or 50 goods when it doesn't give the daily prize. A few of those can really add up in Bronze and Iron Age. This is the strategy I am currently using in my 21 Iron Age cities.

Dominator - X

what is the quickest and most effective way to gain supplies and is there any other resources or goods i should look into? I will take any answers and do my best to work with them
Set your supply timers to 5 minutes and be there to repeat. Also, find a guild that helps with higher age goods and get the goods to build an HC. Build it early and level it as you can and you will be set for life. FOE life, that is.

CherryButterfly

For supplies and goods, you can learn the best ways to use the little Coin or Supply Boost bottles you can win in Events or Daily Quests. These are 10%, 50%, or even 100% Boost of the base amount you would usually get from collecting. They are good for a certain number of hours, on every collection in that time period. Also, you can buy Coin or Supply production Boosts in the Tavern Shop, with Tavern Silver you will collect from Friends who visit your Tavern every day.
You can use more than one of these at a time, and if you learn to "stack" these Boosts, you can quickly amass more Coins or Supplies to use.
You can keep an eye on which of these you are using, and time remaining either in the Tavern, for those boosts, or if you go to Town Hall, and click on the Boosts tab. This will show all of your coin, supply, attack and defense Boosts. Also, it will suggest things in your inventory that will build these Boosts.

Roxxas

I assume your asking what amount of time to set your supply buildings on.

Right at the start, i would suggest 15 minutes. Set, collet, repeat. Once you get far enough in that your Coin Buildings produce on the Hour, switch to that.

as for how to quickly rack up coins and supplies, maybe use the tavern boosts?

grab the diamond type buildings from the event and use those.

CommanderCool1234

If I were you I would start with short 5 or 15 minute production until you collect enough to sustain your city for a couple hours then switch to 8 hours or 1 day productions.

As mentioned above LOA and Hemiji are great way to get more goods, and I would also aid other players so they can in turn aid your production buidlings.

Sheldor the Destroyer

Short term build a Lighthouse of Alexandria great building, it gives a supply boost. Longer term the Himeji Castle great building gives a lot of supplies especially above level 40.

Whatever you do, don't age up too fast. That is the biggest mistake people make in this game.
Yes, but remember. This is a new player. It's most likely he will have much much more above enough supplies when he can get an HC.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Yes, but remember. This is a new player. It's most likely he will have much much more above enough supplies when he can get an HC.
Yes, a new player who asked for ways to get supplies effectively without saying what time frame or why they were interested. Maybe they are trying to plan long term for the next couple of years, maybe they need them now. At least they are smart and say they are willing to look at all options. They got a good variety to consider for whatever goals they may have.

As to having more supplies than needed, so therefore they don't need an HC (if that is what you meant, hard to tell for sure)... I know that my low era cities were always struggling for supplies to do unbirthday quests until I built an HC. It is the perfect complement to a Chateau, and the earlier the era the more this is true. By the time you get to FE, the 2 million supplies an HC gives each day at level 58 will only do 8 unbirthday quests, but in Iron Age that same HC allows you to do 1000 unbirthday quests a day (more than any sane person would ever want to do). Also, gaining an extra 2 million supplies a day into your inventory will leave you in a good position for when you do age up and need higher quantities of supplies to do normal stuff, and maybe save you space from needing to build any or as many larger later age productions buildings when you do get there. Things to at least consider if you like planning ahead.