• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] [Help] East Nagach and Karchagu

DeletedUser3890

Can anyone gimme an input on what to use against East Nagach`s and Karchagu`s quests with ballistas?
Any hint or experience is appreciated.
Thanks all !!!
Zik

DeletedUser2711

Hasdrubaal Barkas
East-Nagach - Goods Deposit
1) 3 Soldier, 1 Mounted Warrior, 2 Legionary
2) 5 Soldier, 2 Ballista
3) 4 Soldier, 3 Ballista
4) 3 Soldier, 1 Archer, 1 Mounted Warrior, 2 Legionary
5) 2 Soldier, 2 Mounted Warrior, 3 Legionary

Hasdrubaal Barkas
Karchagu - Expansion
1) 1 Soldier, 2 Archer, 4 Legionary
2) 5 Soldier, 2 Archer, 1 Ballista
3) 1 Soldier, 4 Mounted Warrior, 2 Legionary
4) 4 Soldier, 1 Archer, 2 Mounted Warrior
5) 1 Soldier, 3 Mounted Warrior, 3 Legionary

Ok so what do you have?

- added -
The long and short of it is: I go with 2 long range of whatever age I have per 1 long range I am facing. Then I look at the remaining units. Can they cover ground? Or are they slow? If they can cover ground then I need to either out-range them with short-range units or out-muscle them with heavy melee units, that guard my long-range units.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3890

Thanks for the reply.

In Kargachu I have left:

2) 5 Soldier, 2 Archer, 1 Ballista

In East Nagach I have left:

2) 5 Soldier, 2 Ballista
3) 4 Soldier, 3 Ballista

I have:
16 Archers
4 Soldiers
4 Slingers

Your help is greatly appreciated!

DeletedUser2382

you can get through all with just 8 archers, you'll take heavy losses, and probably a defeat or two along the way. You can also throw a soldier or two in there against the 3 ballistas, place them in the trees for xtra defense and use them for cannon fodder, hoping the ballistas target them instead, they usually don't but sometimes it works.

DeletedUser3890

Lanthano
thanks for your comments.
Since I do not have stone thowers anymore, and no ballistas yet, I guess I will have to wait a bit to do 2 longe range per 1...

DeletedUser

in kargachu use 3 soldiers and 5 archers. for east nagach i recommend building a ballista camp lol

DeletedUser2711

The 3 ballista looks tough, but with 6 of your own long-range, it's an easy high-point victory. Always keep your long and short range buildings. At least for as long as you can. They never fail to come in handy as back-up units for higher ages.

DeletedUser3890

Thank you all !!!
I did Karchagu with 5 archers and 3 warriors ( I made a mistake on my post, have no soldiers, but warriors)
Lost 3 archers and no warriors, I guess not bad...
Will plan better for East Nagachi.
I really appreciate all your help, Lanthano, Diamonddave andmb420.
Zik

DeletedUser

Stone throwers, catapults, ballista etc. are ALWAYS your best bet in any assault. They are extremely affective in taking out archers and causing some damage before the main army can get to you ( I always stay on defense, number 1 rule in strategy games =))

DeletedUser4942

Soldiers easily rip through the fights with a lot of ranged/mounted opponents. I sent 8 soldiers against the fight with 3 ballistas and only lost 3 soldiers.

DeletedUser10508

All the ballistas camps, I made it with only 8 spear men, the trick is to play with the trees and push asap, if you watch an auto play of the AI, if you only have melee, it will rush the enemy, so instead of auto, do it your self and also, use the surrender button a lot, see what happens if you position a unit in a specific spot and how the AI reacts to it, it will always react the same way so use that in your advantage, I am looking for a strategy for west nagatch, I have 8 stone throwers, 8 spear men, 4 archers, and 4 horses, but I refrain from loosing any of my units ( i like try to out maneuver the AI) the last camp I have left is the one with 2 mounted warriors, 4 legionares and 2 ballsitas, I am thinking 4 spear men and 4 stone throwers will sufide, with the spear me targeting the horses, and the stone throwers at the ballistas, but the issue at hand are the legionares...... maybe 3 spear men and a horse to keep the legionares busy will do the trick.....

- - - Updated - - -

Okay so little update, took heavy injuries and had to surrender to prevent loss of any units, however, Came to realize, it can be done with 7 stone throwers and one horse man since the horses will be easy to deal with. the ballistas are the ones that did the most pain, they hit me 2 on different stone throwers. It should be an easy win now, I jsut need to wait out the healing time of the units.