• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

help finding guild which supports ARC

FriarTuck

Several of you spent some time convincing me to get an ARC, which I finally did. It is now at Level 3. I often see on this forum statements such as "your guild will help you level it up." But my guild is worthless except it has a lot of members; I joined it hoping for lots of motivation and polish but even though I AID every member EVERY day I get only a few (3 or 4!) reciprocating. So, any specific recommendations if they are allowed by Forum rules? Else, any guidance? The last time I looked not a single Guild mentioned ARC in its profile.

Arya66

Not a single one?!!?? What world are you playing? I'm sure you can find a guild that will help with your ARC.

FriarTuck

Yes. I'm planning on finishing the Guild Expidions but my guild seems reluctant to open level 2 and 3. If that doesn't change by tomorrow I'll abandon this week's Expiditions and guild hunt. If they open them up I'll finish them and then hunt.

The Lady Redneck

Look through the top guilds 2 - 3 pages of guilds in V World. Read their guild profiles to see what they are looking for in a player. Good guilds normally have the name of their recruiters in their profile. If you like the sound of any of them, send them an application. Tell them why you are leaving your present one. And what you are looking for in your new one. The top guilds, like The Keep, might be to much of a jump, but they will know what guilds do work to help newer members who are serious about getting more out of their game.

Ebeondi Asi

The best search for a Guild is to go into the "Global Ranking" section. click on your Rank, that brings up the popup of your Global Rank. at the top of that the first box is "Guilds" click on that. then click the bottom scroll << button to move to #1 Guild.you get to see the top ten, maybe move down a few > to about 30 to 40 ror 50 rank. You can hover over each Guild and click to get the Guild Profile. click on that to see the Guild. you can look at the text of what they offer. scan the players. see how high they are.. etc.
Most top Guilds you need to get an invite. So you need to write to them and ask. Why I don't suggest trying top ten or Twenty.(they are usually just not interested in weak players) but in the 30's 40s 50s some Guild might accept you. (Write to the leaders. the Crown mark next to the Player info, or to the designated player if mentioned who to write to) Don't be discouraged if rejected. Many expect a player to already have a Arc80. but there will be some that will help you.
lso IMO go for bigger Guilds. the more players the more likely they wil work in a 1.9 thread.Do not be shy about asking for help when you PM leaders for entry. Be honest. i would say after a few tries you should be abe to find a helpful Guild. One where you can grow.
A PM should be a bit like a resume'. Tell them what you want, your strengths, and how you can be an asset to them.
And if they are not that great, do not be afraid to look again.
I had been in a bunch of Guilds. some awful, some great. Some you are doing OK up to a point then need more. Guilds are all unique. so do not be afraid to wander a bit to find the right one.
Also #1 top way to know a Guild is garbage is they cannot or do not open GE higher levels LOL

Last edited:

FriarTuck

Thanks for the help; I'm pretty sure someone will take me. The guilds talk about GbG as being a requirement. I'm willing to learn, but I don't know anything about it--Is it expensive to fight?

Xenosaur

Axel, glad you rethought our advice and embraced it.

Other posters are right.

First - Look over the profiles of guilds in your world. See how well they present the key features and goals of the guild, and what they ask of you to be a part of that.
Second - if you have questions on how they operate, write to leadership (founder or named contact in the profile) and ask them what's on your mind. Make sure you're satisfied with the answer you receive. They have to be happy with you playing with/for them, and you have to be happy too.
I can guarantee you will find what you're looking for. Generally, you want the following:

1) A guild that has a robust 1.9
2) A guild that has both members senior to you in both era and playing time
3) A guild that makes reasonable requirement for guild team activities (such as GE or GbG or GvG) that you can enjoy doing, or not - as you see fit. If it's a laissez-faire type of guild (relaxation...) then you don't have any commitments. If there are though, don't join a guild that makes you over commit to playing a team sport (GE or GbG) that you can't deliver on. Your credibility is based on your commitment and responsibility, and it's is important.

It's like finding the right job. You want a challenge, you want to have mentoring and good advice resources, and you want to help create team wins by participating with like minded people.

Pericles the Lion

Thanks for the help; I'm pretty sure someone will take me. The guilds talk about GbG as being a requirement. I'm willing to learn, but I don't know anything about it--Is it expensive to fight?
Just my opinion....since your Zeus/CoA/Cdm triad are all over 10 you are in pretty good shape and should not have any difficulty meeting the minimums that good guilds set. A good guild will be eager to teach you and help you succeed. GBG is not that hard to learn and the rewards can be crazy good. Good luck!

The Lady Redneck

Axel GBG is not expensive for you to fight. But it is expensive for a good guild. As the cost of being successful in GBG comes out of the Guilds treasury. Which is why they like to have people that have not only Arc but also OBS as they both pay goods into the guild treasury. The higher you level your Arc and OBS the more you help your guild. So it is in their interest to help you grow. Also the guild should have a basic minimum of fights/negotiations which is low enough for newcomers to be able to do easily over a season. But because of the rewards you will get, it will not be long before you WANT to do more than the minimum. Hope you find as great a guild as I did :cool:

P.S. And if you can play the game on a laptop or PC, You may also get into GvG and there the real fun starts. :eek: o_O :D

FriarTuck

Oh ME! Too much info. What is the difference between GvG. and GbG? I do play on a PC but I'm afraid to take on too much.

Johnny B. Goode

Oh ME! Too much info. What is the difference between GvG. and GbG? I do play on a PC but I'm afraid to take on too much.
The main difference is that GvG has no personal rewards other than battle points. GBG has personal rewards in addition to battle points/credit for goods used. (Battle points and credit for goods used [other than in trading] are two of the three criteria for ranking points. The other is the buildings currently in your city.)

The Lady Redneck

Axel.. Do not worry. A good guild will help you learn and give you the time to get into things, From what you have said about your city and the questions you have asked here I am sure you will have no problems. The thing to remember is that there is no question that is a dumb question, Everyone was new to the game at one point and they have all been asked before and can be answered. And sometimes can even help long time players who have missed something new. The main thing for you is to get into a guild where the members enjoy learning the game together.

FriarTuck

How long does it usually take after you apply to a guild before you get a yes or no? Is it ethical to apply to more than one at a time?

GorjousMorg

Man, Axel. I'd love to invite you but my guild is sooo small and fledgling right now. I am very active and help guide my peels to aid the best buildings. We are motivated and would love a strong guild member. It is nice to see with the right spirit, though.

Ebeondi Asi

How long does it usually take after you apply to a guild before you get a yes or no? Is it ethical to apply to more than one at a time?
individuals may take up to two days to reply. if they do not reply by then they may not be very active?
And yes you can apply to more than one.
If they just send a invite you can see it in your City hall Event history. you have to quit your current Guild before accepting the invite.
Quit by going into your Guild lists and find yorself you can see a checkbox "quit" Quit.

FriarTuck

Man, Axel. I'd love to invite you but my guild is sooo small and fledgling right now. I am very active and help guide my peels to aid the best buildings. We are motivated and would love a strong guild member. It is nice to see with the right spirit, though.
How small--les than 5? What is your guild's name? I need info and guidance more than lots of members.

Ebeondi Asi

Wrong. You do need a lot of members to level up your Arc. five is way way too small. You need at minimum 40 way better to be over 70. with at least 40 or more player with an 80 arc already. (if you want to get your Arc leveled up before 2027..)

FriarTuck

Well, I got accepted in ULTRA UNIUM. They all seem helpful but not always especially clear and specific.