• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[FAQ] Help, I am being plundered!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

DeletedUser36572

Speaking for myself, I don't mind the occasional plunder. I lost 10 Ebony today to a player with 8 iron age ballistas. No problem, good job. I'm curious to come back at him/her with 8 ballistas of my own. Ballista throwdown :)

The objection comes when you pick up a career plunderer. I have one guy (advanced GBs, rogue 6:2 army, 141% attack bonus) that attacks me every day at the same time (+/- 2 minutes) and then waits for any resources to become available. I've had him plunder me 36 hours AFTER attacking me. (No joke: I have the logs to prove it). So much for "Collect your goods on time." Personally, I think it's just a bot.

I think Inno has an opportunity here. I would gladly pay 50 or 100 diamonds to block this one guy on this one world from attacking my city. I bet a lot of other targets of his would as well. Has it ever been proposed?

You could also try contacting the player to negotiate a more cohesive, mutually beneficial agreement, that basically doesn’t rely solely on your desires, or Inno getting involved.

DIY

Emberguard

Speaking for myself, I don't mind the occasional plunder. [...]

The objection comes when you pick up a career plunderer.
So basically you’re only ok with plundering if it’s on your terms instead of on someone else’s terms. But that’s the thing with plundering, it’s initiated by the opponent. That part will never be by your terms aside from the city shield.

I've had him plunder me 36 hours AFTER attacking me. (No joke: I have the logs to prove it).
ok prove it. Show us the logs

Agent327

The objection comes when you pick up a career plunderer. I have one guy (advanced GBs, rogue 6:2 army, 141% attack bonus) that attacks me every day at the same time (+/- 2 minutes) and then waits for any resources to become available. I've had him plunder me 36 hours AFTER attacking me. (No joke: I have the logs to prove it). So much for "Collect your goods on time." Personally, I think it's just a bot.

If you have the logs, contact Support. You have discovered a bug.

I think Inno has an opportunity here. I would gladly pay 50 or 100 diamonds to block this one guy on this one world from attacking my city. I bet a lot of other targets of his would as well.

Why not use tavern silver instead?

Has it ever been proposed?

Not by players that read the DNSL, so it has been proposed several times.

Salsuero

The objection comes when you pick up a career plunderer.

Why? It's one of the most basic elements of the game. So someone chooses to make it a daily part of their game play... what's the problem? If this is all you have to worry about, you can collect your items and be done with him... and even if you do get plundered... it's just one thing...... and it's how this game works. No one complains that you can buy hotels in Monopoly, do they? Some people love to do that. Just because they've accumulated all the money in the game by... playing the game...... doesn't mean the rules need to be changed to make it easier for the other players. Did you choose to play Monopoly, understanding that people can (and will) do better than you? You've chosen to play Forge of Empires... with the rules that exist already in place. I don't see why this should be any different for someone who chooses to play one part of the game better than you. That person is sacrificing other aspects of the game to excel at others. You could age up. That would end his reign over you until he decides to age up (which may never happen). Just play the game. If someone plunders you... they plunder you. That's how this game is played.

I've had him plunder me 36 hours AFTER attacking me. (No joke: I have the logs to prove it).

Ok. Prove it.

I would gladly pay 50 or 100 diamonds to block this one guy on this one world from attacking my city.

Challenge accepted. It's called the "City Shield" and can be found in your Friend's Tavern. Good news... it won't cost you Diamonds (unless you already use one of the boosts for something else)!

If you have the logs, contact Support. You have discovered a bug.

In fact, this is literally REQUIRED, according to the game's rules.

DeletedUser

This is absolutely the correct advice, period, full stop. If you (as in anyone who gets plundered) do this, you will have much more fun playing this game.
This is exactly right. For a long time I had stiff defenses in most of my cities. Then I just decided to go to the dark side and get rid of most of it. Now I go without any defense boosts except that which is incidental to a building's main raison d'etre. (Reason to be.) And when I am inevitably plundered, I shrug it off and just try to remember not to aid that player next time. And since I have few buildings that are worth much when not motivated, it really doesn't ever set me back at all when I am plundered. In fact, this week I reconstructed most of my cities and got rid of almost all the buildings except GBs, Wishing Wells, Fountains of Youth and other special buildings. So the few that need motivating to prevent plundering will now get that motivation.

Algona

I just decided to go to the dark side
raison d'etre.

Speaking French? My brother, not only did you join the dark side, you have embraced it wholeheartedly replacing body with nether void and mind with that which lies beyond the Event Horizon.

Welcome aboard, you're gonna love it here. :D

Meanwhile on topic:

I like plundering hood trade spammers. Current yutz spams a new message every day. Dumbass posts his trades right after collecting his city abd does so at the same time every day.. And has a 2 spear defence.

Meanwhile even more on topic:

Plundering is explicitly within the rules, is encouraged by INNO, and is a successful strategy. Don’t waste your time getting upset at being plundered. Take these steps and you will reduce your losses to a minimum. If all else fails, be patient, hopefully you’ll rotate to a nicer hood in a couple weeks. In order of effectiveness.

TAVERN BOOST CITYSHIELD. Expensive but it does the job.

PLUNDER PROOF YOUR CITY, Have no plunderable buildings.

COLLECT ON TIME. Set your production to finish at a time you know you will be on to collect. Many plunderers will stop attacking if you do not give them anything they can take.

FIND UNPLUNDERABLE GOODS SOURCES. Babel, Lighthouse, St, Mark’s, Frauenkirche, Royal Albert produce unplunderable goods. Special Buildings, including Wishing Well, Fountain of Youth, and motivated Tribal Square can’t be plundered. Recurring Quests can provide Goods.

MANIPULATE YOUR NEIGHBOTHOOD POSITION. Players at the bottom of the hood seldom attack the top players in the hood. Slow down your Tech and Continent growth and put some time and effort into acquiring and leveling GBs. This will move you up higher in the hood.

GET YOUR BUILDINGS MOTIVATED. Switch to 24 hour production, AND reduce decorations, AND increase your friends list AND Aid everyone every day. Motivated buildings can not be plundered. By doing the four steps your houses, supply buildings, and other motivatable buildings will always be motivated. Triple bonus from this: 1) if you miss collection, no big deal, your production is safe until you can collect. 2) Your coin/supply production will go up! Motivation, besides stopping plundering, doubles production. 3) You only have to collect once a day.

PUT UP YOUR BEST DEFENCE: The more units you kill, the less often plunderers will attack you, they will target easier prey. If you are not inflicting any casualties try changing some of the units in your defense. Watchfires, Ritual Flame, some Special Event Buildings, Monastery, Deal Castle, St. Basils, Terra Cotta, and AO help with defence.

COUNTERATTACK PLUNDERERES. If you can, take back that which was yours. Even an unsuccessful attack may dissuade a casual plunderer.

TRY DIPLOMACY. Ask plunderers nicely to stop. It may work. If they want to be paid off it’s up to you, but I’m not a fan of blackmail, giving or receiving.

Bruadhin

About the only people who attack me are my sniping victims. I can't help but laugh each time.

Sure, take that 1 FP from my Magnum Opus, I'll just have to console myself with the 100 FP I sniped from your Arc.

DeletedUser36572

The attacker may have defeated you, plundered you 12 hours later and attacked and immediately plundered 24 hours from the first attack. Two plunders in 36 hours and you might have missed the first one.

Anyway, either stop caring when you get plundered or work hard on minimizing the chances of it happening.

Lol ... A player can be plundered twice in less time than it takes to explain the windows of opportunity for attack/plunder ... To people who are just too quick to jump at the idea big bad meany plunderer must be cheating.

Dirty Jobs

Lady Gato

I love this! May I borrow it sometime?
You were so popular that you got beaten up? Sad story, bro.

However, attacking and plundering your neighbors is not bullying. It is sanctioned and encouraged by the designers. There may be players that exhibit bullying behaviors, but you haven't said that, and that would be reportable. You've just slapped a label on gameplay you don't like. A badly overused label, and in this case, a misused one.

Come into my hood, I will not bully you. But my imaginary army will brutally slaughter your imaginary army, and then I might take some of your imaginary stuff.
@Ylisaveta although it is a few years old (the quote) I would love to borrow it as well.

Paula11

I don't see why there couldn't be a longer time -- instead of 24 hours, how about 7 days -- before someone can plunder you again. I have three people now who regularly drop in and plunder. I've done many of the recommendations above -- changed production times, limited buildings I activate, and shut down for a few days. It's like I'm being forced to be regularly beaten up by bullies. Without a better fix, I will probably just shut down and forget to return.

CommanderCool1234

Nobody ever plunders me and I am in LMA. I am not top in my neighborhood and I have never dealt with being plundered frequently. The only time I can remember being plundered is when someone plundered my mairajas palace. I collect on time, I do not get what the fuss is.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I don't see why there couldn't be a longer time -- instead of 24 hours, how about 7 days -- before someone can plunder you again. I have three people now who regularly drop in and plunder. I've done many of the recommendations above -- changed production times, limited buildings I activate, and shut down for a few days. It's like I'm being forced to be regularly beaten up by bullies. Without a better fix, I will probably just shut down and forget to return.
Looking at your top city I see that you are in LMA with a level 6 Oracle and level 1 Babel, and no special buildings of any note or value. That indicates to me that you over rushed the eras and are sitting at the bottom of your neighborhood.

My recommendation is to stay in LMA for an extended period of time and build up your strength. Don't age up again until you are at least in the top 10 in your neighborhood.

Since none of the buildings you have produce anything of much value, personally I wouldn't worry about the plunders. The people plundering you aren't getting much in the way of profit.

If I were you I'd get your Statue of Zeus built, and level it to 10 before doing anything else.

Algona

I've done many of the recommendations above -- changed production times, limited buildings I activate, and shut down for a few days.

No,don't do those. Frankly, if you picked those out of this thread you didn't read enough. Stopping production is worse then doing nothing at all.

If you are producing nothing, you collect nothing. If you are producing then only some of what you produce can get taken.

Kranyar nailed it, you are moving through the Ages too fast.

Here's what I tell Guildies who have problems with getting plundered:

Plundering is explicitly within the rules, is encouraged by INNO, and is a successful strategy. Don’t waste your time getting upset at being plundered. Take these steps and you will reduce your losses to a minimum. If all else fails, be patient, hopefully you’ll rotate to a nicer hood in a couple weeks. In order of effectiveness.:

TAVERN BOOST CITYSHIELD. Expensive but it does the job.

PLUNDER PROOF YOUR CITY, Have no plunderable buildings.

COLLECT ON TIME. Set your production to finish at a time you know you will be on to collect. Many plunderers will stop attacking if you do not give them anything they can take.

FIND UNPLUNDERAB:E GOODS SOURCES. Babel, Lighthouse, St, Mark’s, Frauenkirche, Royal Albert produce unplunderable goods. Wishing Well, Fountain of Youth, and many motivated Special Buildings can’t be plundered. Recurring Quests can provide Goods.

MANIPULATE YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD POSITION. Players at the bottom of the hood seldom attack the top players in the hood. Slow down Tech growth and put some time and effort into acquiring and leveling GBs. This will move you up higher in the hood.

GET YOUR BUILDINGS MOTIVATED. Switch to 24 hour production, AND reduce Decorations, AND increase your Friends list AND Aid everyone every day. Motivated buildings can not be plundered. By doing the four steps your Houses, Supply buildings, and other motivatable buildings will always be motivated. Triple bonus from this: 1) if you miss collection, no big deal, your production is safe until you can collect. 2) Your Coin/Supply production will go up because Motivation, besides stopping plundering, doubles production. 3) You only have to collect once a day.

PUT UP YOUR BEST DEFENCE: The more units you kill, the less often plunderers will attack you, they will target easier prey. If you are not inflicting any casualties try changing some of the units in your defense. Watchfires, Ritual Flame, some Special Event Buildings, Monastery, Deal Castle, St. Basils, Terra Cotta, and AO help with defence.

COUNTERATTACK PLUNDERERS. If you can, take back that which was yours. Even an unsuccessful attack may dissuade a casual plunderer.

TRY DIPLOMACY. Ask plunderers nicely to stop. It may work. If they want to be paid off it’s up to you, but I’m not a fan of blackmail, giving or receiving.

Good luck!

Emberguard

I don't see why there couldn't be a longer time -- instead of 24 hours, how about 7 days --
Forge of Empires is a city based war game by design. It's also based around a 24 hr timeframe, therefore attacks are given on a 24 hr basis. While I understand you'd like a longer period of time inbetween attacks your plunderer can only take one item per attack. So as long as you're able to produce more then what's being taken you can still continue to progress. For this reason I'd encourage you to do two things:

1) Find various sources of resources that can't be plundered. Design your city to support those resource opportunities so getting plundered has less of an impact on your city.
- Guild Battlegrounds​
- Guild Expedition​
- Cultural Settlements​
- Quests (you won't always have access to these but they are a nice extra source of goods)​
These all will give you resources that can't be touched by plunderers. Temple of Relics will increase your resource gains from Guild Expedition through the generation of Relics. Statue of Zeus, Cathedral of Aachen and Castel Del Monte will help you get through Guild Expedition and Guild Battlegrounds with minimal resource expenditure​
*though negotiating may be profitable in Guild Battlegrounds as far as gaining Forge Points go it sounds like you won't be able to afford negotiating without building up your city further​
- Motivated buildings. When you go through events you'll get special buildings that (usually) can also be motivated. If you can get a building with "produces when motivated" to a high enough level that they produce goods then you have a goods producing building for your city that can't be plundered.​
Initially it won't matter how high of a level you achieve for the buildings you get from events as long as it provides whatever it is you need. You're looking to simply increase your post-attack plunder protection. So if it produces goods or Forge Points and can be motivated place it. Once you're running low on space then you can look at replacing your worst producer(s) for something better​
1607558563941.png

2) Work on your Friends Tavern. That'll help enable you to extend the time period inbetween attacks from plunderers.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Yes it's expensive. It's not meant to be a permanent protection, but it will give you a breather every so often. Even if you only activate it once a week that's 3 days a week you're reducing your plundering.

Of course this does mean you'll need to work on your friends list to make sure you have active friends that'll aid and visit your tavern.