• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[FAQ] Help, I am being plundered!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

DeletedUser26154

The single, best, absolute defense against being plundered is right here.

subernova_iphone_timer.png

Collect your goods, supplies and coins on time.

snooze.png

And you lose.

DeletedUser28503

The single, best, absolute defense against being plundered is right here.

View attachment 3041

Collect your goods, supplies and coins on time.

View attachment 3043

And you lose.
I click on my timer button all day long and I am sorry it has done nothing to prevent plundering. Maybe consider rephrasing your suggestion and remember as good rulle of thumb to help the noobs here is a 3 year old cant understand what your saying neither will they.

JC attaches a rope to the mic and wings it around and around and releases the mic.

DeletedUser26154

I click on my timer button all day long and I am sorry it has done nothing to prevent plundering.

It works for me, and has since LMA, but my life revolves around Collect On Time.

My City Defense bonus is now over Five Hundred Percent.

city defense.png

No one will dare try to plunder me now.

DeletedUser26120

Nice city defense but how much space is that taking up?

Can't imagine the tradeoff is worth it at all, considering how infrequently people tend to attack and the fact you probably collect on time 80%+ of the time.

DeletedUser26154

Nice city defense but how much space is that taking up?

Let's figure it out.

pt 1.png pt 2.png

Not counting the 5% from the Cherry Blossom Garden Set.
Because that's a set-bonus thing.

Not going to count the Military Building bonus because that's just extra and not "intentional".

4 Ritual Flames = 8 Little Squares [LS] = 32 Def
108 Watchfires = 108 LS = 432 Def
Monastery = 9 LS = 20 Def
Saint Basil's Cathedral [Has additional bonuses for Attack Strength and for Guild Support Pool as well] = 25 LS

Saint Basil's Cathedral has the worst "Efficiency" per LS, but it offers other benefits.
Attack Strength for your city defending troops, and Guild Support Pool.
Trade-off.
More function at the cost of much lower efficiency per LS.

The bulk of my city defense comes from Watchfires and are highly efficient.
They allow me to fill gaps in my city floor plan that would otherwise be empty.

Colored lines help highlight my Watchfires and Ritual Flames.
The circle shows the only empty space left in my city.
3 x 2 space with access to a road.
Everything else is tight.

my city now.png

We can thank Two-Lane Road mechanics for this situation.

DeletedUser26154

you probably collect on time 80%+ of the time.

Closer to 95% of the time, I'm there on my computer or mobile, within 2 minutes of my goods being ready to collect.
The timer on my phone lets me know when it's time to collect.

DeletedUser28503

It works for me, and has since LMA, but my life revolves around Collect On Time.

My City Defense bonus is now over Five Hundred Percent.

View attachment 3278

No one will dare try to plunder me now.
Thats funny wish u was in my hood the guy with 50%/600% defense I'm sure felt the same until I stopped in with my 344%/130 attack and spanked him then took who his 5fp farm. Needless to say he decided to start aiding my city again.

JC

DeletedUser26154

Thats funny wish u was in my hood the guy with 50%/600% defense I'm sure felt the same until I stopped in with my 344%/130 attack

A Silver Relic completed my Awesome Invincible Defense.

relic 5 silver.png

Now Praxis City is Utterly Unbreakable.

Invincible Defense.png

Breakfast buffet opens at 6 a.m.

DeletedUser28993

This is probably the single most common thing that people ask about on the forum. There are several ways to address it, depending on what you are looking for:

What are some strategies to minimize my chances of getting plundered?

There is no way to eliminate the chance of being plundered, but to minimize it you can:​
  • Schedule your production times so you can collect right after they finish. You can only be plundered when you have uncollected items in your city, so this is by far the best method.
  • Run multiple short productions; you can only be plundered once per player per 24 hours, so if you can't collect on time, this will at least minimize your losses. You should still collect as often as possible.
  • Post the strongest defensive army you can. This won't stop players who are several ages ahead of you, but it will often deter players in your age or lower.
  • Send a friend invite to your attacker. You can't attack friends, so if they accept this will make you safe. Implicitly you are promising to aid your friend regularly, and if you don't you will probably get dropped from their friends list and become subject to attack again.
  • Offer to contribute a few FP (per day, per week, or just once) to the attacker's Great Buildings. This may be a smaller price than the plundering losses, and also gives you a chance to receive rewards for the Great Building donations.
  • Try to join the guild of the player who is attacking you. You can't attack fellow guild members. Do be aware of any guild policies in the guild you want to join.
  • Join a guild that has some powerful cities in your neighborhood. Many guilds will try to protect their members by threatening to plunder people who have plundered one of their own. (On the other hand, some guilds try to plunder people in other guilds that they are at 'war' with, so this could make you a target; talk to someone in the guild about your situation first.)
Being plundered makes me angry, can you help me feel better?

You certainly have my sympathy, especially if you are being plundered by a player much more advanced than you. It is unpleasant to be stuck in a neighborhood with aggressive advanced players. But you will probably be rotated out of this neighborhood before too long. Over the long run, things tend to even out. You'll find yourself in easy neighborhoods sometimes too.

In the meantime, take advantage of high-age players in your neighborhood. By aiding them you have the chance to get blueprints for high-age great buildings. You might see if some of them would like to trade high-age goods for forge point donations; you can earn a lot of goods that way. If you have a lot of high-age players, there's a good chance a few will be using two spears as a defensive army. You can beat that, and a single plunder from a high-age building can make up for all your losses from being attacked.

Added: The new (January 2017) neighborhood rules modify this a bit; you should no longer find yourself in a hood with far advanced players. But there will be players an age ahead of you, and players with much stronger attack bonuses than you. That is still frustrating, but a strong defensive army is likely to impose some losses on your attacker, and you have the option to build up your great buildings as well.​

I am philosophically opposed to games that reward conflict and aggressive behavior. Is there any way to opt out of the player-vs-player part of the game?

No, it is an intrinsic part of the game and the developers have made it clear that they don't plan to change that. If this makes the game unpleasant for you, then your best bet might be to find a different game that doesn't have this element. Elvenar is another city-building game that doesn't have PvP fighting.​

I think it is immoral for people to plunder me, will you support me in condemning them?

No, players who plunder are playing the game as intended, and are not acting in an immoral way. No actual damage is being done to anyone, and by playing the game you are agreeing to subject yourself to its rules. Condemning someone who plunders you doesn't make any more sense than condemning a chess player for capturing your pawn.​
If you cannot get to the game to gather goods try to time it so goods are only available for collection when you are on. You can also disconnect your roads and replace those parts when you log on with trails which cost nothing.

DeletedUser11991

i have a question how can a player attack and plunder my goods before they are even ready ..? i have been getting attacked and plunderd so i am online collecting my goods when 10 seconds before my goods are done they got plunderd .how is that possaible ..?

DeletedUser25273

A few seconds before I could see if it has been a while since you refreshed. If your local copy of the game has fallen a bit behind in time, the building might actually be done a bit before the game tells you. One key thing about the game is that the server view is always what is considered real, and your local game will keep a close approximation to that (since it would be way too slow to be continually pulling all the information over the internet). There is a regular heart beat of information transferred relaying changes that the server doesn't think your game knows, and actions like collections the local game tells the server and get the final result from there.

DeletedUser18482

Plundering is part of the game but Inno's latest hood shuffle put me in with Ocean Future when I just entered CE. I'm getting killed all day and I can't even time my collections. Everyone wants to plunder. I thought we got away from wildly different hoodies.

DeletedUser8152

Plundering is part of the game but Inno's latest hood shuffle put me in with Ocean Future when I just entered CE. I'm getting killed all day and I can't even time my collections. Everyone wants to plunder. I thought we got away from wildly different hoodies.
We still seem to get things like this occasionally, but it is much rarer that it used to be.

DeletedUser

If you're on a newer world, there may not be very many higher age players yet, so the ones that are there get grouped with lower age players in the hood, possibly.