• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[FAQ] Help, I am being plundered!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

DeletedUser15820

I just started plundering again and noticed something that appeared unusual. I plundered a ziggurat and got some supplies (green numbers) but lost some coin (red numbers) or perhaps it was the opposite. I am in Oceanic future and the ziggurat was in arctic future, if that matters. My balances of supplies and coin were too high to see the actual direction of the change in the totals. Is this a bug or an intended consequence?

DeletedUser26120

Now that I've been plundering for a while here are a couple of tips that make it more difficult for me.

1) Players who leave 1 building (usually a residental) available to plunder. This means I have to click 'sabotage' and check their whole town - as opposed to players who collect everything and the sabotage button is greyed out. Latter is much easier to monitor. So if you are getting plundered, leave 1 building open. This may help lead to fatigue for the plunderer in their checking.

2) Best DA in all ages is pretty much 8 heavy units. Very difficult to beat without losing men (assuming you have the average 150%+ def), this is more true the higher age up you go. I've noticed mixed DAs are easier to beat in general, as are 8 fast/ranged/light or 8 artillery - don't do those.

With 12 pages of discussion this thread really should be re-posted with all relevant tips in first post. There's been quite a few added in the replies and almost nobody's going to read 12 pages of posts.

Darth Mole

It amazes me, as a plunderer, how few players actually care about being plundered. Rarely do I get a message. Very rarely do I get a friend invite. Rarely do I get any retaliation. Rarely do they change their defenses. I'm not sure a lot of people notice!

DeletedUser26120

I get some responses but you're right, it is a small percentage. I think it also depends on the hood - higher ages will have more active/dedicated players. I'm seeing more responses in PME than I did in ME that's for sure.

ODragon

It amazes me, as a plunderer, how few players actually care about being plundered. Rarely do I get a message. Very rarely do I get a friend invite. Rarely do I get any retaliation. Rarely do they change their defenses. I'm not sure a lot of people notice!
Agree completely; very little changes in defense/etc... Although, I have noticed two interesting things this week in my new CA neighborhood.

1) 2+ people have separated part of their Cherry Blossom set so I could no longer plunder FP. I still attack and take what I can.

2) This lovely note on someone's land. "I bother no one and yet cannot even manufacture anything because of raids. Very frustrating."

DeletedUser26120

Yeah you won't get many responses in CA. Wait till PME. :)

I now have about 4 or 5 people attacking my city daily. Get plundered now and then but it doesn't bother me because a) I make way more than I lose and b) When I'm getting plundered I don't lose anything, just miss out on a bit of production.

I can make up for my losses in just 3 or 4 plunders and I'd say I average 30 a day.

I agree with you though, it is crazy how some people will shoot themselves in the foot because of plundering - moving blossom and garden ruins sets, using 4x5 buildings as bait and missing out on those fps, setting up goods buildings they don't have deposits for, etc.

All those measures are so ineffective and only causes them to miss out on things in their own city since it won't be plundered 24/7 - they'd collect at least part of the time. I actually PM people about this all the time, trying to help them out. Most don't listen.

DeletedUser25483

You have to understand, you're dealing with a company (INNO) whose culture is BASED on thievery. They promote, encourage, condone, support thievery because they themselves are thieves. A greedier buch of bile never existed.
On what planet is theivery GOOD? In some countries, they still cut off your hands for stealing, but INNO thinks stealing is GOOD! Daily viewing of the movie "Wall Street" must be required viewing for all employees. This is the kind of company you're dealing with. They take a perfectly good game and RUIN it with a culture based on stealing, these are the morals of these "people" (aka CRIMINAL TRASH).
I wonder if the INNO types teach their own children that stealing is ok, something to be encouraged. They aught to be incarcerated for contributing to the delinquency of minors!

If you think about it, there is really no good reason for the stealing that goes on. They use the euphamism "plunder", which, if you look it up, means "steal", as if changing the word somehow makes it "OK." The terms are synonomous. Any way you slice it, it's amoral and cannot be supported by logic. It can ONLY be supported by GREED.

Considering that many players spend real USD on the game, the stealing is not virtual, it is REAL. This type of criminal facilitation is illegal and these INNO thugs aught to be locked in a room with a key and then throw away the ROOM.

But fret not, a class action suit is in progress, citing INNO with criminal facilitation. You may actually get a chance to "Plunder" INNO! If we can manage to hack the inno servers, we'll just call it "Plundering", because after all, as long as we call it "plundering", then it's OK, right?

But to address your situation, the only thing you can do is this:
DON'T SPEND ONE DIME ON INNO GAMES, not until INNO shows some moral fibre and eliminates stealing from the game. MONEY is the only thing these inno criminals understand, so hit 'em where it hurts.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8152

You have to understand, you're dealing with a company (INNO) whose culture is BASED on theivery. They promote, encourage, condone, support theivery because they themselves are theives. A greedier buch of bile never existed.
On what planet is theivery GOOD? In some countries, they still cut off your hands for stealing, but INNO thinks stealing is GOOD! Daily viewing of the movie "Wall Street" must be required viewing for all employees. This is the kind of company you're dealing with. They take a perfectly good game and RUIN it with a culture based on stealing, these are the morals of these "people" (aka TRASH).
I wonder if the INNO types teach their own children that stealing is ok, something to be encouraged. They aught to be incarcerated for contributing to the delinquency of minors!
Look, there's no need to hold back. Tell us how you really feel!

DeletedUser

You have to understand, you're dealing with a company (INNO) whose culture is BASED on thievery. They promote, encourage, condone, support thievery because they themselves are thieves. A greedier buch of bile never existed.
On what planet is theivery GOOD? In some countries, they still cut off your hands for stealing, but INNO thinks stealing is GOOD! Daily viewing of the movie "Wall Street" must be required viewing for all employees. This is the kind of company you're dealing with. They take a perfectly good game and RUIN it with a culture based on stealing, these are the morals of these "people" (aka CRIMINAL TRASH).

If you think about it, there is really no good reason for the stealing that goes on. They use the euphamism "plunder", which, if you look it up, means "steal", as if changing the word somehow makes it "OK." The terms are synonomous. Any way you slice it, it's amoral and cannot be supported by logic. It can ONLY be supported by GREED.

Considering that many players spend real USD on the game, the stealing is not virtual, it is REAL. This type of criminal facilitation is illegal and these INNO thugs aught to be locked in a room with a key and then throw away the ROOM.

But fret not, a class action suit is in progress, citing INNO with criminal facilitation. You may actually get a chance to "Plunder" INNO! If we can manage to hack the inno servers, we'll just call it "Plundering", because after all, as long as we call it "plundering", then it's OK, right?
I'm pretty sure this entire post violates Forum Rules, besides being terribly offensive, even to people that don't work for Inno. If you hate the game, go do something else with your time instead of trying to cause trouble. It'll do your blood pressure good. :D

DeletedUser25483

Actually, it would only offend criminal types. And I don't hate the game, just INNO's lack of integrity. I don't belive I mentioned any particular nationality, besides, I happen to be of German descent so I find the very question to be offensive! Not all video game companies are thieves, but certainly INNO qualifies in that they facilitate stealing in order to generate revenue.
My blood presure is doing just fine, but what is it that offends you, people who believe stealing is wrong, or just people who disagree with you? Show me a player who hasn't spent money on this game and I'll show you someone who's not being victimized by thieves!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25483

Like I said, DON'T SPEND ONE DIME ON INNO GAMES, not until INNO shows some moral fibre and eliminates stealing from the game. MONEY is the only thing these inno criminals understand, so hit 'em where it hurts.

DeletedUser26154

Like I said, DON'T SPEND ONE DIME ON INNO GAMES, not until INNO shows some moral fibre and eliminates stealing from the game. MONEY is the only thing these inno criminals understand, so hit 'em where it hurts.

And what does this have to do with being plundered?
You joined this thread just to bash Inno.

DeletedUser

Actually, it would only offend criminal types. And I don't hate the game, just INNO's lack of integrity. I don't belive I mentioned any particular nationality, besides, I happen to be of German descent so I find the very question to be offensive! Not all video game companies are thieves, but certainly INNO qualifies in that they facilitate stealing in order to generate revenue.
My blood presure is doing just fine, but what is it that offends you, people who believe stealing is wrong, or just people who disagree with you? Show me a player who hasn't spent money on this game and I'll show you someone who's not being victimized by thieves!
I think you need to watch those accusations you're throwing around. I don't take kindly to being called a "criminal type". I am also of German descent, and find your post offensive on that basis, even if no other. And I do spend money on this game, and I've been plundered, sometimes repeatedly, but never felt victimized by "stealing". That's just the nature of the game. As I said, if you hate the game (and plundering is an integral part of the game, so if you hate plundering, then you hate the game) find something else to do with your time. The rest of us are sick and tired of hearing whiny little children like you slamming this excellent game and company.

Algona

A greedier buch of bile never existed.

I'm sure you could get rid of most of the bile with a little judicious editing of your post.

Hmmm, maybe not. Delete the whole thing?

INNO doesn't lie to us, they ton't steal from us, They say exactly what they are going to do, then do it. The horror! And they have the gall to make a profit from it. Horror upon horrors!

You're worried about the theft of fictitious electronic representations in the game when the fictitious slaughter of million of ephemeral electronic sprites occurs each day?

Priorities screwed up much?

Why dont you go join a neighborhood watch program and help prevent some real crime instead of railing against the unreal?

Rhetorical question, pretty sure we all know the answer.

DeletedUser26120

Googled: innogames class action lawsuit.

Only relevant results were people (perhaps this guy) posting "we are commencing one" on other forums. Nothing in news, etc.

I'll believe that when it's in the news, and if it were real it probably would be.

Anyway thanks for the laugh, I plunder hundreds of times a week so to read your post as it applies to me was a real good chuckle.

Darth Mole

Frrosty by name, Frrrosty by nature.