• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[FAQ] Help, I am being plundered!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

DeletedUser28670

I'm slightly offended by this Frrooosty. Wasn't Frosty the Snowman supposed to be nice?

DeletedUser28670

You have to understand, you're dealing with a company (INNO) whose culture is BASED on thievery. They promote, encourage, condone, support thievery because they themselves are thieves. A greedier buch of bile never existed.
On what planet is theivery GOOD? In some countries, they still cut off your hands for stealing, but INNO thinks stealing is GOOD! Daily viewing of the movie "Wall Street" must be required viewing for all employees. This is the kind of company you're dealing with. They take a perfectly good game and RUIN it with a culture based on stealing, these are the morals of these "people" (aka CRIMINAL TRASH).
I wonder if the INNO types teach their own children that stealing is ok, something to be encouraged. They aught to be incarcerated for contributing to the delinquency of minors!

If you think about it, there is really no good reason for the stealing that goes on. They use the euphamism "plunder", which, if you look it up, means "steal", as if changing the word somehow makes it "OK." The terms are synonomous. Any way you slice it, it's amoral and cannot be supported by logic. It can ONLY be supported by GREED.

Considering that many players spend real USD on the game, the stealing is not virtual, it is REAL. This type of criminal facilitation is illegal and these INNO thugs aught to be locked in a room with a key and then throw away the ROOM.

But fret not, a class action suit is in progress, citing INNO with criminal facilitation. You may actually get a chance to "Plunder" INNO! If we can manage to hack the inno servers, we'll just call it "Plundering", because after all, as long as we call it "plundering", then it's OK, right?

But to address your situation, the only thing you can do is this:
DON'T SPEND ONE DIME ON INNO GAMES, not until INNO shows some moral fibre and eliminates stealing from the game. MONEY is the only thing these inno criminals understand, so hit 'em where it hurts.
We are in a game. Please remember that.

DeletedUser29263

My problem is not so much being attacked and plundered. My problem is the people who attack me are hundreds of thousands of points ahead of me. They have obviously spent a great deal of real money to get their cities to the level they are while I have not spent a single dime on this game and progressed rapidly. It's as if u spend your money on this game you have a distinct advantage. My point is, as in real life those with money have power.

DeletedUser25166

My problem is not so much being attacked and plundered. My problem is the people who attack me are hundreds of thousands of points ahead of me. They have obviously spent a great deal of real money to get their cities to the level they are while I have not spent a single dime on this game and progressed rapidly. It's as if u spend your money on this game you have a distinct advantage. My point is, as in real life those with money have power.
Or you are one of those players with a level 9 Hagia, and raced ahead in Tech Tree. Get your military defense up to par sparky

DeletedUser26154

They have obviously spent a great deal of real money

Let me be completely serious here.
Free to play vs Pay to Win.
A lot of us have been there before.
The in-game store allows a huge advantage to the payers in PvP.

There is no doubt about it.
Paying money gives you an advantage.
That's one of the many reasons why I don't plunder.
I would feel like a Pay-To-Win Bully if I did.

There is nothing wrong with being a Pay-To-Win Bully in this game.
You'll get many nasty letters and a bad reputation.
Some people can hold their own like that, from beginning to end.
I imagine it being an interesting existence.

9eace1ba153e853c18191a16615aa5ab.png

I love Premium Cultural and Premium Supply Buildings.
I adore Watch Fires, Champion Retreats and Rogue Hideouts.
I look forward to collecting Forge Points and Coins from my Shrines of Knowledge.
Being a Payer has profound advantages.

Algona

Free roller here. Since the hood shuffler change I;ve been top 5 of my hood through 3 Era Changes, quite often 4 times the score of same Era but lower ranked players

i just started a new city. It's been in the top5 of every hood since week 2.

It might be people spending money. Do you really begrudge those who pay for all of us any advantage?

Or it may well be you are playing poorly compared to many others in your 'hood.

Have you tried asking anyone for help and maybe fix your problem? Sure, it;s easier to blame external factors you have no control of, but that ain;t gonna get you where you want to go. Unless you want to continue to get plundered?

That goes for almost all players who have problems getting plundered. If you want it to stop quit complaining and start asking for help.

DeletedUser

My problem is not so much being attacked and plundered. My problem is the people who attack me are hundreds of thousands of points ahead of me.
This makes no sense. What in the world difference does it make whether they're barely ahead of you, behind you or millions of points ahead of you? Either you have a problem being attacked and plundered, or you don't have a problem at all. Their ranking points have nothing to do with you. It just means that they have more GBs, or that they've fought more battles than you (which is probably the case, if they're plundering you instead of vice versa), or they've used/donated more goods than you, because that's what the ranking points are based on. Even if they've spent money to do it, so what? Why does everybody always cry about the money players? If it weren't for them, we wouldn't still have a game to play...or at least one worth playing. There would be no updates, no new content, no bug fixes. As another player would say, "Suck it up, buttercup!"

Thor of Westeros

i've attacked players of equal points and they have atrocious defense boosts or barely bother putting up a decent defense, be it 7 rogues or 2 spearmen. my guess is they arent educated about how this game works. thats on their guild & themselves. boost up your 3 army GB's, put up a quality defense, acquire watchfires. and you will be fine. or just keep getting plundered. your choice.

DeletedUser29206

hmmm... I have spent some $$$ on the game but mostly to get to a point where it makes sense to camp out for a while. Looking at having a good range of up and down goods to trade with. In the top 10 for my hood, with a few players 5x my size. That being said I was being attacked some but in most cases they either retreated or lost. I also collect on time so it would basically mean the best they would get out of losing 5-7 units is some PvP points. Probably why the 1-2 per shuffle who have made it thru the defenses have not come back. I had one early on who would attack and retreat on a daily basis, I do not know if this helps boost his numbers up, but it was interesting to watch. I could plunder or play for PvP points but personally prefer the trade and economics side of the game. Pay to Win does not necessarily mean neighborhood bully, consider i have m/p'd close to 23k in 30 days time... in return I also collected close to 3 mil coin and spent it and acquired 12 full blueprints. In my case helping seems to pay better than plundering ;)

Mustapha00

Or you are one of those players with a level 9 Hagia, and raced ahead in Tech Tree. Get your military defense up to par sparky

That is, of course, one possibility, though an unlikely one.

Chances are far better than he is on the low end of a very aggressive hood of people who have leveled their offensive GBs (Zeus, CdM, CoA, Traz, AO, etc.) to very high levels and are one or possibly two Ages ahead of him (that being about the maximum range of Ages, + or - 2, that I have seen since Inno took steps to rework their hood allocation algorithm).

It is MUCH easier to boost your ATT than it is to boost your DEF. That is a fact.

Yes, players can and do attain very high defensive numbers...but then most of them are well advanced in the game as well or have greater knowledge on how to achieve high DEF while hanging out in earlier Ages. I forget where I read it on these Forums, but I recall someone saying that a DEF of 50% is the equivalent of same-Age troops if the person is actually one Age behind his attacker, which is entirely reasonable for the defender to attain.. But the attacker, chances are, has at least +50% ATT, so that means the lower Age player has to now have 100% DEF boost in order to stay even- and that's not as easy a task as the 50% is. In this game, the attacker has an almost overwhelming advantage, to the point that, before the tweak to the hood reorganization, defense by one's military was almost futile, which is why "collect on time" was the mantra of the aggressive player. It's better now, but the attacker still has a very large advantage (which is directly counter to real world history in which the defender usually had the advantage).

DeletedUser29263

No actually I have a Castle del Monte that I am trying to level up as fast as possible to strengthen my defenses. I am working on getting good to build another the that provides defense. Feel free to take a look at my city and give me any advice you might have. I only have 3 watchfire and try to get one every chance I get. I am a relatively new player who could use all the help I can get.

DeletedUser

No actually I have a Castle del Monte that I am trying to level up as fast as possible to strengthen my defenses. I am working on getting good to build another the that provides defense. Feel free to take a look at my city and give me any advice you might have. I only have 3 watchfire and try to get one every chance I get. I am a relatively new player who could use all the help I can get.
Castel del Monte does nothing for your defense, its boosts only apply when you are the one attacking. The Deal Castle and St Basil's Cathedral are the GBs that provide defense boosts for when you are attacked.

DeletedUser25166

CDM does nothing for city defense

DeletedUser26120

Honestly don't waste your time putting defense in your city unless you can hit over 200%.

I routinely beat 180% defenses and under with 0 losses in PME and it's even easier in earlier ages.

Best advice I can give you is to be active and collect on time.

DeletedUser28670

Castel del Monte does nothing for your defense, its boosts only apply when you are the one attacking. The Deal Castle and St Basil's Cathedral are the GBs that provide defense boosts for when you are attacked.
Some might argue that it has a pyshological effect, e.g oh, I attacked him, he has a CDM with a high boost, he will attack me back etc.

DeletedUser

Some might argue that it has a pyshological effect, e.g oh, I attacked him, he has a CDM with a high boost, he will attack me back etc.
I guess that's possible. I never pay attention to what GBs a person I attack has in his city. I rout his troops, and then I pillage whatever he leaves uncollected. Then I do the same to the next town. And when I'm done, I go have a beer in a friend's Tavern. LOL

DeletedUser29613

when I started playing FoE over 2 years ago, my neighbourhood changed every 4 to 5 weeks. I would sometimes be at the bottom, and sometimes in the middle, never at the top. This game was fun then. But from June of 2015, I have been near the bottom, and their is only one or two players I could beat. I am attacked daily by numerous players, which takes a great deal of fun out of a game where I can not progress forward as quickly as the ones attacking me, because the goods I need are plundered. Often while I am gathering goods, I am being plundered. Obviously these players either have no life or they are sharing their game so to monitor 24/7. I conclude this because I change the collection time from morning to night to middle of the night to afternoon but to no avail.

Also, the ones attacking me have numerous (35 or more) watchfires, which they obviously earned 3 years ago before I started playing, when acquiring them was quick and easy. which is quite unfair.

I am fine with the concepts that I am plundered, I have done it in the past, but when I have little and sometimes no chance of plundering, this I feel is unfair, especially when during special events, I cannot complete tasks, because a task maybe to plunder. Thus others that do plunder move further ahead.

I understand that a computer is set to combine players together with similar strengths/levels, and sometimes your at the bottom, middle or top, but to be at the bottom for 10 consecutive months is not a fair system.
I am right there with you on the feeling crappy after having been plus dered.....I also don'T think it is a cool idea, BUT.....after having been on the receiving end for a while, then...I subscribed to the pprincipal.....when in Rome...do as.....:)