• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[FAQ] Help, I am being plundered!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

Darth Mole

I am right there with you on the feeling crappy after having been plus dered.....I also don'T think it is a cool idea, BUT.....after having been on the receiving end for a while, then...I subscribed to the pprincipal.....when in Rome...do as.....:)
And with your 2 accounts you can always plunder yourself

DeletedUser29623

Excuse this noob question, but how does plundering work? I understand that the attacker has 24 hours to plunder, and assume they can only pick one building. Are they able to see when a production is due, or do they have to keep coming back to check what's available?

DeletedUser29295

Excuse this noob question, but how does plundering work? I understand that the attacker has 24 hours to plunder, and assume they can only pick one building. Are they able to see when a production is due, or do they have to keep coming back to check what's available?

You have to keep comming back and checking on it. But if you note when you plundered said building, you can return on a regular basis until the hoodie changes the time.

DeletedUser29295

OK, I just took the time to read this entire thread. And nothing in here from people complaining about being plundered surprises me in the least. See, by the definition being bandered about, I must be among the worst hood bullies here. I attack, and I tax. All the time when I am playing. Once GE is finished, if there is no GvG I can do, I attack, and plunder my hood. 10k points or 1m points, I will attack you, and one way or another beat you, then tax you. I am in LMA: I have played this game for 169 days now. I got some excellent advice when I started because I asked questions (not as much here, because I have only been on the forum for a month). More expierenced players told me what I needed to do for the type of gameplay I wanted. I have spent, oh, maybe $50 on the game for diamonds. Most used in GE when I need to negotiate.

And boy do I get hate mail from my hood: amazing stuff at times. Mostly about me "stealing" from them. And one common thing I see in almost every city is this: you advanced far too quickly for your own good. You find it awesome to have your city hall looking all decked out, while you have 3 GB's and no defense for your silly city. Or, even better, you have NO GB's: in my hood right now there are 73 players: I am ranked #2. Of those , 4 are my friends. So there are 69 oppertunities to tax them. And of those 69, 21 HAVE NO GB's. 20 are using just 2 spearchuckers. Most don't have the basic idea of how to build a city efficently. And they want to cry to ME for wiping the mat with them. I have tried to give advice, but it falls on deaf keyboards 9/10 times. So if you want to be plundered as little as possible, follow the advice in the OP. Because I will return until I get the taxes from you I want.

I have willingly sacrificed FP's to get the prints/GB's I have now. I give everything I can back to my Guild. And I help the ones on my friends list that help me as well. Hoodies will come and go, but our Guildmates and friends will only change when we want them to.

So if you want to complain that your 30 minutes a day should be the same as my couple of hours a day, you are dead wrong: as someone said earlier, you get out of this game what you put into it.

DeletedUser29645

I would like to know how a player that has Progressive Era town hall can attack me with Postmodern Era commandos? That's a military 2 tech levels ahead of town level. I am Progressive Era and can't get commandos, I can not defend against that.

DeletedUser27889

They do not see when your buildings are due, they need to keep coming back and checking if anything is able to be plundered.
I would like to know how a player that has Progressive Era town hall can attack me with Postmodern Era commandos? That's a military 2 tech levels ahead of town level. I am Progressive Era and can't get commandos, I can not defend against that.
They needed to fight far ahead on the continent map. Sometimes unattached troops are given when you overtake provinces. A player uses those (+rogues most likely) to give themselves a boost in PvP and also fight on towers with less/no other competition.

DeletedUser29645

They do not see when your buildings are due, they need to keep coming back and checking if anything is able to be plundered.

They needed to fight far ahead on the continent map. Sometimes unattached troops are given when you overtake provinces. A player uses those (+rogues most likely) to give themselves a boost in PvP and also fight on towers with less/no other competition.
Ok, I looked at my past continent maps up to modern, where I'm at now, and the only thing given was coins, supplies, medals expansions and goods deposits. No troops. The only unattached troops I have picked up was from guild expedition or special events and always at my tech tree level not 2 levels ahead of town level.

DeletedUser

Ok, I looked at my past continent maps up to modern, where I'm at now, and the only thing given was coins, supplies, medals expansions and goods deposits. No troops. The only unattached troops I have picked up was from guild expedition or special events and always at my tech tree level not 2 levels ahead of town level.
The troops are awarded from Story Quests that are associated with advances in the Continent Map.

DeletedUser29055

How far would you need to go into the postmodern / modern continent map for these? Is there some information about the story quests?

DeletedUser

How far would you need to go into the postmodern / modern continent map for these? Is there some information about the story quests?
For that information, I will have to defer to those that pay more attention to those things. I am usually surprised when I find I've completed a Story Quest. In fact, sometimes when I do remember to look at them and fulfill the one showing, there are like 10 or more following that one that I've apparently already fulfilled without knowing it. LOL

DeletedUser27889

They don't show as loot because as Steven said they come from quest givers for taking X province or what have you. I'm sorry I have no idea how far into it you would have to go, but this is how I have received advanced troops and the only way I know it is possible to receive them.

DeletedUser29295

They don't show as loot because as Steven said they come from quest givers for taking X province or what have you. I'm sorry I have no idea how far into it you would have to go, but this is how I have received advanced troops and the only way I know it is possible to receive them.

It is the same way with me: I finally have a few colonial troops. Right now I am heading to America on a scout because I have 51 provinces now. So every time I complete part of the Myciena Questline, 3-4 more are already done.

DeletedUser13068

This is probably the single most common thing that people ask about on the forum. There are several ways to address it, depending on what you are looking for:

What are some strategies to minimize my chances of getting plundered?

There is no way to eliminate the chance of being plundered, but to minimize it you can:​
  • Schedule your production times so you can collect right after they finish. You can only be plundered when you have uncollected items in your city, so this is by far the best method.
  • Run multiple short productions; you can only be plundered once per player per 24 hours, so if you can't collect on time, this will at least minimize your losses. You should still collect as often as possible.
  • Post the strongest defensive army you can. This won't stop players who are several ages ahead of you, but it will often deter players in your age or lower.
  • Send a friend invite to your attacker. You can't attack friends, so if they accept this will make you safe. Implicitly you are promising to aid your friend regularly, and if you don't you will probably get dropped from their friends list and become subject to attack again.
  • Offer to contribute a few FP (per day, per week, or just once) to the attacker's Great Buildings. This may be a smaller price than the plundering losses, and also gives you a chance to receive rewards for the Great Building donations.
  • Try to join the guild of the player who is attacking you. You can't attack fellow guild members. Do be aware of any guild policies in the guild you want to join.
  • Join a guild that has some powerful cities in your neighborhood. Many guilds will try to protect their members by threatening to plunder people who have plundered one of their own. (On the other hand, some guilds try to plunder people in other guilds that they are at 'war' with, so this could make you a target; talk to someone in the guild about your situation first.)
Being plundered makes me angry, can you help me feel better?

You certainly have my sympathy, especially if you are being plundered by a player much more advanced than you. It is unpleasant to be stuck in a neighborhood with aggressive advanced players. But you will probably be rotated out of this neighborhood before too long. Over the long run, things tend to even out. You'll find yourself in easy neighborhoods sometimes too.

In the meantime, take advantage of high-age players in your neighborhood. By aiding them you have the chance to get blueprints for high-age great buildings. You might see if some of them would like to trade high-age goods for forge point donations; you can earn a lot of goods that way. If you have a lot of high-age players, there's a good chance a few will be using two spears as a defensive army. You can beat that, and a single plunder from a high-age building can make up for all your losses from being attacked.

Added: The new (January 2017) neighborhood rules modify this a bit; you should no longer find yourself in a hood with far advanced players. But there will be players an age ahead of you, and players with much stronger attack bonuses than you. That is still frustrating, but a strong defensive army is likely to impose some losses on your attacker, and you have the option to build up your great buildings as well.​

I am philosophically opposed to games that reward conflict and aggressive behavior. Is there any way to opt out of the player-vs-player part of the game?

No, it is an intrinsic part of the game and the developers have made it clear that they don't plan to change that. If this makes the game unpleasant for you, then your best bet might be to find a different game that doesn't have this element. Elvenar is another city-building game that doesn't have PvP fighting.​

I think it is immoral for people to plunder me, will you support me in condemning them?

No, players who plunder are playing the game as intended, and are not acting in an immoral way. No actual damage is being done to anyone, and by playing the game you are agreeing to subject yourself to its rules. Condemning someone who plunders you doesn't make any more sense than condemning a chess player for capturing your pawn.​
If you oppose aggressive behavior or think it's immoral you must be college "snowflakes" that need coloring books, or safe zones or better yet mommy's apron, this isn't even the real world, you are going to melt if you enter the big bad real world. I figured out how to out smart my plunderers, you need to be smarter than what you are working with. Isn't condemning immoral & or aggressive? I ask because those are not apart of my life & I'm only aggressive in this game nice huh? Get out of here, may you be plundered non stop.

DeletedUser13068

I am pretty sure you can also AID the enemies in your neighborhood and thus block them from plundering you for 24 hours. If you can do this at the time of your choosing, you can control the time frame when you would be open to attack from that player. Fight back with kindness :)
"Fight back w/ kindness"? Isn't that like mercy killing? an oxymoron . That's how we won WWII

DeletedUser30246

I get text messages when my productions are finished (in a timeframe I have predetermined that I could collect quickly to avoid plunder) and usually they even come about a minute ahead of the game- and I know this because I will get the text while logged in to FoE on my laptop, and about a minute or so the finished productions appear- as expected and easy to collect. Just a thought.

DeletedUser27927

This article alludes to getting other members of one's guild to counterattack a plunderer.

Is it possible to attack someone not in your neighborhood? If so, how does one do this?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27927

I am pretty sure you can also AID the enemies in your neighborhood and thus block them from plundering you for 24 hours. If you can do this at the time of your choosing, you can control the time frame when you would be open to attack from that player. Fight back with kindness :)

Aiding a plunderer does not stop the jerk from plundering you, it stops you from counterattacking.