• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[FAQ] Help, I am being plundered!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

DeletedUser30900

More power to you! Personally, I'd rather take the beating then pay a "protection fee".
I really don't get it though, losing 7 points a week is worse than pay 5 points at once , why people not getting it :0

DeletedUser28670

i have plenty of coin and supplies, but without goods, i cant progress my tech tree, or even trade for the lumber i need
1. Set all your goods buildings on 24 hour production.
2. Mark down the time that you set the building to produce (E.G 8:00 AM)
3. Come back 10 Minutes earlier the next day (E.G 7:50 AM)
4. Have your mouse over the goods buildings at the same time.
5. Collect.

DeletedUser27889

Been stuck at lower iron age, tried the 'send friend request' but all it did was make me unable to 'seek revenge' only to have them drop me from their friends list so they could attack and plunder me again. how is Iron age, pre archer, supposed to defend against middle ages?
It is rare now to be in a hood with more than one age and usually the higher age gets shifted out pretty quickly.

There is a city shield option in the tavern that prevents any attacks. You may not have yours build up enough to use it.

Try politely asking for a reprieve in your profile.

Try politely asking people to stop via messages. Key word politely, remember these aren't people breaking rules. Something along the lines of ' I'm just starting out here and I would really appreciate it if you'd give me the chance to grow my city. I know you can attack me and win so I'm appealing to you as one player to another.' The people attacking you aren't monsters or criminals, just other players of the game.

I too have never hear of this clock stopping thing apart from what snake mentioned and the game being frozen.

DeletedUser26120

all my production and goods buildings are showing 10+ hours before completion
That may be part of your problem right there. Sounds like you are using the 1 or 2 day production option.

Besides the fact that gives up a ton of goods on plunder, it also produces less goods overall than the 4 or 8 hour options.

Two 8 hour productions is 20 goods, same amount as the 24 hour option. So you can actually get 30 goods a day on a 8 hour cycle.

I'd try using shorter production times and making sure you'll be on to collect. If you get plundered then at least you lose less goods and will have gotten some off the other productions.
how is Iron age, pre archer, supposed to defend against middle ages?
Normally players in your hood should be no more than 1 age above or below you, but if you joined an older world with very few BA or IA players then you may have to deal with that problem.

DeletedUser31505

I found the issue, the game was freezing, and since i leave my browser at home running, i kept forgetting to close the tab, so i was seeing '10 hours' when in fact the production had already completed.

I would do the 8 hour option, however my job doesnt have a set schedule (im an understudy for a Resource Management consultant firm actually, difference between me and an intern is interns dont usually end up covered in poison ivy, animal waste, and wasp/bee stings at the end of the day) Some days i work 10 hours, some days i work 14, i typically choose the 24 hour options because i know i wont work later than 11pm, so setting the 24 hour cycle at 2 am means i will be sure to be home for it. I dont always have cell reception when on site at the jobs, since a lot of the jobs are in the middle of nowhere.

My only continuing issues are my defensive troops vanishing, and being attacked upwards of 20 times in a single day. I get plundering is an important part of the game, but as i said, i just got really unlucky with my first neighbor, and ended up as on of the bottom 10 players, with about 40 or so who use plundering as a farming system.

Tactically, its intelligent, it reduces over all cost for the attacker in terms of goods production, unfortunately, until i unlock Processions (im only 7 dye short) i can advance no further tech wise. (then i need archers to unlock military tactics)

I seem to have gained a slight reprieve however, since its been almost 5 hours since the last attack on my Langendorn city. Perhaps some of those who were plundering me hadn't realized i was getting hit so hard so often, and saw this.

DeletedUser29295

And i think the terms trolls might still apply. My Langendorn city, in the 4 days i played on it, was attacked and plundered 39 times, all on the 3rd and 4th days, and the only buildings plundered were my goods houses, i have plenty of coin and supplies, but without goods, i cant progress my tech tree, or even trade for the lumber i need.

And this is what every good taxer (plunderer) goes for: event stuff and goods. I have NO goods buildings in my city. I have NO supply buildings in my city I attack, I win, and I tax. That is how we survive. Before I moved up to Colonial, I was "nice" to the lower hoodies. But now, if your advanced in Eras before you are ready for it, I will take the best of what you have.

DeletedUser28670

I found the issue, the game was freezing, and since i leave my browser at home running, i kept forgetting to close the tab, so i was seeing '10 hours' when in fact the production had already completed.

I would do the 8 hour option, however my job doesnt have a set schedule (im an understudy for a Resource Management consultant firm actually, difference between me and an intern is interns dont usually end up covered in poison ivy, animal waste, and wasp/bee stings at the end of the day) Some days i work 10 hours, some days i work 14, i typically choose the 24 hour options because i know i wont work later than 11pm, so setting the 24 hour cycle at 2 am means i will be sure to be home for it. I dont always have cell reception when on site at the jobs, since a lot of the jobs are in the middle of nowhere.

My only continuing issues are my defensive troops vanishing, and being attacked upwards of 20 times in a single day. I get plundering is an important part of the game, but as i said, i just got really unlucky with my first neighbor, and ended up as on of the bottom 10 players, with about 40 or so who use plundering as a farming system.

Tactically, its intelligent, it reduces over all cost for the attacker in terms of goods production, unfortunately, until i unlock Processions (im only 7 dye short) i can advance no further tech wise. (then i need archers to unlock military tactics)

I seem to have gained a slight reprieve however, since its been almost 5 hours since the last attack on my Langendorn city. Perhaps some of those who were plundering me hadn't realized i was getting hit so hard so often, and saw this.
Firstly......
Do you have a few GBs? I have 0 goods buildings in IA- I'm not planning to have more than 1 every once in a while until maybe the ME. How am I getting my goods? Recurring Quests and every once in a while I will buy some goods from my guildmate who has a few thousand in each early-age good :)

If you really, really need some goods ask around if anyone has the IA goods you need then pay FPs to them in exchange for goods.

DeletedUser31505

Lord Muggle, i have yet to complete the blue prints for any of the Great Buildings, my iron age town has only the goods buildings i need to unlock higher tech trees, Lumber, Wine, Dye, and soon Limestone (need to unlock Sewerage soon)

I'm trying to advance slowly, focusing on expansion reward tech trees, to make as much room for GBs as possible.

DeletedUser28670

Lord Muggle, i have yet to complete the blue prints for any of the Great Buildings, my iron age town has only the goods buildings i need to unlock higher tech trees, Lumber, Wine, Dye, and soon Limestone (need to unlock Sewerage soon)

I'm trying to advance slowly, focusing on expansion reward tech trees, to make as much room for GBs as possible.
No, no, no. I see you built 3 BA goods buildings which means that 1 is not boosted. Use the two boosted goods buildings and trade for the others.

Wally the second

Read some guides but also play smart.....

If you cant defend, friend them or offer them something.... from personal experience I made deals in the past for neighbors to donate fps into my GBS.

FPs= Forge points

GBs= great buildings
Well this all makes sense to me EXCEPT I can't figure out how you identify the plunderer. I usually come upon the icon - for example when I can't get to the game on time - but how do I figure who that is?

DeletedUser29404

Well, thats a tough spot to be in. The desperation tactic is to not have your goods buildings producing anything for a day. This kinda keeps the plunderers offa your city. They'll keep returning hoping to 'get lucky' on your goods buildings, which, at least for 24-48 hours wont give them anything. They may grow tired of "waiting" and by then the timer to plunder you has since expired. Wait for the timer on them to reset, than polish them immediately. It wont stop them coming either, but it may afford you a chance with some of them to start reproducing your goods. Keep after the friend requests as well. The chances are they wont accept, deliberately, but the odd chance is they do, and a former Plunderer is now a (even temporary) friend. If you need thr goods that badly, have you tried investing in their city?

DeletedUser29404

In the Event Window, it shows you who attacked you, what time, and when they plundered you.

DeletedUser31225

Neighbors change but few things never change.
  • having BA, IA defense or rogues only defense (not talking about 2 spearfighters)
  • having only non boosted goods building
  • placing city defense
  • never give aid to neighbors
Whenever I visit my neighbors I always wonder who taught these strategies so well to these many players. There are so many discussions about plundering and how to minimize it but most players I meet as hoodies follow only above strategies. Does anyone know why?

DeletedUser29404

I have zero idea what your trying to explain in your post InfamousChan. Esp when mentioning "boosted goods buildings", and BA, IA defense. Thats his Cities age; and he has no other real options. He's #Blessed if he HAS Rogues at his Age

DeletedUser12620

Well this all makes sense to me EXCEPT I can't figure out how you identify the plunderer. I usually come upon the icon - for example when I can't get to the game on time - but how do I figure who that is?

Check your news feed and see who has attacked/plundered.

DeletedUser29404

Its not the news feed. It is in your Town Hall on the Events Tab. In game its called the Event Window. It lists 50 past events (on mobile) and the last 6 days on a Desktop/Laptop with the browser.