• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[FAQ] Help, I am being plundered!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

DeletedUser29404

Thats fine. But, your wrong. And it doesn't help others, if you supply them with information which isnt 100% correct. Many people come here cuz they need help. Confusing them makes it harder for those small percentages of players. I've no issue with whatever you choose to call it, tho.

DeletedUser12620

Thats fine. But, your wrong. And it doesn't help others, if you supply them with information which isnt 100% correct. Many people come here cuz they need help. Confusing them makes it harder for those small percentages of players. I've no issue with whatever you choose to call it, tho.

That' understandable :oops:

DeletedUser31796

Man, does anyone else hate the psychic raider? :p

By which I mean, a guy who hits you the same time every day, but that time he likes to raid just coincidentally happens to be around the time all your 24 hour buildings have goods waiting. So he hit me six times in a row this week and because I was off five minutes on collection this morning, he got my palace again.

THAT REALLY SUCKS GET ME OUT OF THIS NEIGHBORHOOD INNO. *babyrage*

DeletedUser26965

By which I mean, a guy who hits you the same time every day, but that time he likes to raid just coincidentally happens to be around the time all your 24 hour buildings have goods waiting. So he hit me six times in a row this week and because I was off five minutes on collection this morning, he got my palace again.

Understanding Why You are Attacked and Plundered and What to Do About It

DeletedUser26154

By which I mean, a guy who hits you the same time every day, but that time he likes to raid just coincidentally happens to be around the time all your 24 hour buildings have goods waiting.

If a guy shows up at the same time to rob me, I'm going to make sure I'm not there the next time.
What you do is 3-Day City Shield and delay your collections.
Let your collections sit there ... uncollected.
As your City Shield prevents you from being plundered.

Have your City Shield Running 24 hours before you do this.
Now with your City Shield and you not touching anything.
This resets your timers so you can collect when Mr. Predictable...
A.K.A. Mister Shows Up Every Day At That Time Because You Are Always There.

You set your timers so you collect when he's not around and ready.
He ain't gonna change, so you have to change.
If you don't, he won't, and this will happen to you every single day.
That's why Inno gave us Tavern City Shield.

780409aebd9727942b243e939d38482c.png f30e30e5480bb7f835612d2f2fb1c6cc.png

So the Players can have a way to get out of that situation.

Algona

Between Kraken and the new 'plunder-bolt' I expect that the number of complaints about plundering will go up. As with most game changes it will take the player base a while to figure out that plundering just got a hell of a lot easier, but it will happen.

Those unmotivateable Event Prizes will get a lot less desirable.

Ardak, how do you think your defense will hold up when you start seeing neighbors with power leveled Kraken?

DeletedUser26154

Ardak, how do you think your defense will hold up when you start seeing neighbors with power leveled Kraken?

Against all but the hardest Players.

30188f42aeeb5eb1b0d7c245b31f247c.png

But I am friends with them so no worries.

DeletedUser30312

Between Kraken and the new 'plunder-bolt' I expect that the number of complaints about plundering will go up. As with most game changes it will take the player base a while to figure out that plundering just got a hell of a lot easier, but it will happen.

Inno's done some work to improve PvP this year:

• We've got building sets with nice piles of rewards that can't be motivated and are always vulnerable to plundering.
  • The Atlantis Museum
  • To a lesser extent, the Kraken, but that's useful in combat in general.

I wonder how much was intentional on their part, and how much is just emergent gameplay.

Those unmotivateable Event Prizes will get a lot less desirable.

I already find the multiproduction buildings to be undesirable because of the inability to motivate them. Set buildings have more temptation to build, because they offer various useful boosts.

DeletedUser31825

What the **** is going on with the tech tree? I just hit Iron Age and I can't fight or plunder because the Defense and the PVP Tower is locked out until I hit Military Tactics.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29404

Please tell me what world and time you collect. I'll come to your city, and guard your Palace. Is it a Full Set by the way?

DeletedUser31505

Psychic raiders lol.

More likely, they took note of the time your productions finished, and marked it. Have a guy doing this in my current neighborhood. No hate though, hes just playing the game. Early on it was pretty rough with the plundering and delayed my tech advancement by about 2 weeks.

My advice, watch those replays, see what units they have to attack, and alter your defense accordingly.

DeletedUser32232

I've been reading a lot of the posts on neighborhood attack/plunder wish to add my thoughts for the people posting their frustrations. All neighborhoods have bullies. It's kinda like all flowerbeds have bees. A fact of life. Are you really going to let a few bees keep you out of the flowerbed? I bring up Duke.Q8, an HMA player on my EMA neighborhood. He hit me daily. It wasn't personal. It was annoying and angered me. Until I visited his city and then my jaw hit the floor. This guy was so huge my anger instantly evaporated to be replaced by awe. Zeus at lvl 19, CdM/17, CoP/15 Arctic Orangery/16, Arc/31. This person has 7 rogue hideouts with an Alcatraz up 31 levels and was not to be resisted but survived. I learned during my daily rout that I can make him need to heal a little and I can make him settle for a few coins from a residence. I can survive. I'm LMA now and that neighborhood is months behind me but I still follow him because checking his city out is kind of a mystical experience for me. On these very pages are thoughts posted by players who plunder as a way of FOE life. They don't understand why people do absolutely nothing to avoid it. If you are in a neighborhood where attacks happen frequently you MUST change your habits. DOING NOTHING IS NOT AN OPTION. Play the game. No one knows when your production comes due unless you let them figure it out. Don't do that! Read Zephyrus Kinslayer and Arduk Kumerin. Their advice is solid. DO NOT be your own worst enemy. You will not get them to change their nature but you can make them earn it. DOING NOTHING IS NOT AN OPTION. Play the game! Rock on Duke!

DeletedUser28670

I've been reading a lot of the posts on neighborhood attack/plunder wish to add my thoughts for the people posting their frustrations. All neighborhoods have bullies. It's kinda like all flowerbeds have bees. A fact of life. Are you really going to let a few bees keep you out of the flowerbed? I bring up Duke.Q8, an HMA player on my EMA neighborhood. He hit me daily. It wasn't personal. It was annoying and angered me. Until I visited his city and then my jaw hit the floor. This guy was so huge my anger instantly evaporated to be replaced by awe. Zeus at lvl 19, CdM/17, CoP/15 Arctic Orangery/16, Arc/31. This person has 7 rogue hideouts with an Alcatraz up 31 levels and was not to be resisted but survived. I learned during my daily rout that I can make him need to heal a little and I can make him settle for a few coins from a residence. I can survive. I'm LMA now and that neighborhood is months behind me but I still follow him because checking his city out is kind of a mystical experience for me. On these very pages are thoughts posted by players who plunder as a way of FOE life. They don't understand why people do absolutely nothing to avoid it. If you are in a neighborhood where attacks happen frequently you MUST change your habits. DOING NOTHING IS NOT AN OPTION. Play the game. No one knows when your production comes due unless you let them figure it out. Don't do that! Read Zephyrus Kinslayer and Arduk Kumerin. Their advice is solid. DO NOT be your own worst enemy. You will not get them to change their nature but you can make them earn it. DOING NOTHING IS NOT AN OPTION. Play the game! Rock on Duke!
Congratulations sir! You are a fine example of the best kind of plundered, one that doesn't complain, instead tries to learn from your,experiences props to you!!

DeletedUser31825

Great post and I agree - I learn a lot from being attacked and occasionally plundered - I know it's not personal, it's part of the game. I also attack and plunder to show people their weak points and to encourage them to build a strong defense. If you have the tavern Silver, there is a City Shield that prevents plundering, also change your collection times, production times and the other suggestions.

Worst come to worst you get plundered, big deal, it's not like they are actually breaking into your house, relax and then hit them back twice as hard

DeletedUser32232

Congratulations sir! You are a fine example of the best kind of plundered, one that doesn't complain, instead tries to learn from your,experiences props to you!!
Thanks for the kind words but it's not so. I'm a selfish man. This is my game and I meant what I said about surviving. If I'm still standing after the Duke comes through then "I win".

DeletedUser32232

Great post and I agree - I learn a lot from being attacked and occasionally plundered - I know it's not personal, it's part of the game. I also attack and plunder to show people their weak points and to encourage them to build a strong defense. If you have the tavern Silver, there is a City Shield that prevents plundering, also change your collection times, production times and the other suggestions.

Worst come to worst you get plundered, big deal, it's not like they are actually breaking into your house, relax and then hit them back twice as hard
More great advice CoverOpsForce. i hope people who feel victimized by the plunder are reading your posts. If one feels like hitting back try it right away. Maybe the attacker has made a mistake and used the same forces for defense and they won't be healed yet. Also when you attack you play against the game AI and it's a weak player. Just keep in mind then you'll be the attacker and you'll have to heal after.

DeletedUser32241

when I started playing FoE over 2 years ago, my neighbourhood changed every 4 to 5 weeks. I would sometimes be at the bottom, and sometimes in the middle, never at the top. This game was fun then. But from June of 2015, I have been near the bottom, and their is only one or two players I could beat. I am attacked daily by numerous players, which takes a great deal of fun out of a game where I can not progress forward as quickly as the ones attacking me, because the goods I need are plundered. Often while I am gathering goods, I am being plundered. Obviously these players either have no life or they are sharing their game so to monitor 24/7. I conclude this because I change the collection time from morning to night to middle of the night to afternoon but to no avail.

Also, the ones attacking me have numerous (35 or more) watchfires, which they obviously earned 3 years ago before I started playing, when acquiring them was quick and easy. which is quite unfair.

I am fine with the concepts that I am plundered, I have done it in the past, but when I have little and sometimes no chance of plundering, this I feel is unfair, especially when during special events, I cannot complete tasks, because a task maybe to plunder. Thus others that do plunder move further ahead.

I understand that a computer is set to combine players together with similar strengths/levels, and sometimes your at the bottom, middle or top, but to be at the bottom for 10 consecutive months is not a fair system.

I agree. something has changed where the neighborhoods have become very unequal.
I am being plundered by a person with 7 million points and I have 2 million.
He has out classed me in every department.
I cannot compete with his troops mainly due to his boost.
No matter what I post for an army I am out classed.
Not very fair.
I have stopped production on everything for a while so he has nothing to take.
That means that I am not spending any resources and therefore do not need to buy any diamonds.
Good for my wallet but bad for greedy company.
If they keep the hoods unbalanced they will see their revenue drop
and then there will be some changes.
Get them in the pocket book and things will happen.

DeletedUser32241

I agree. something has changed where the neighborhoods have become very unequal.
I am being plundered by a person with 7 million points and I have 2 million.
He has out classed me in every department.
I cannot compete with his troops mainly due to his boost.
No matter what I post for an army I am out classed.
Not very fair.
I have stopped production on everything for a while so he has nothing to take.
That means that I am not spending any resources and therefore do not need to buy any diamonds.
Good for my wallet but bad for greedy company.
If they keep the hoods unbalanced they will see their revenue drop
and then there will be some changes.
Get them in the pocket book and things will happen.