• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[FAQ] Help, I am being plundered!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

DeletedUser32232

I agree. something has changed where the neighborhoods have become very unequal.
I am being plundered by a person with 7 million points and I have 2 million.
He has out classed me in every department.
I cannot compete with his troops mainly due to his boost.
No matter what I post for an army I am out classed.
Not very fair.
I have stopped production on everything for a while so he has nothing to take.
That means that I am not spending any resources and therefore do not need to buy any diamonds.
Good for my wallet but bad for greedy company.
If they keep the hoods unbalanced they will see their revenue drop
and then there will be some changes.
Get them in the pocket book and things will happen.
If you have 2 mil. points you have been playing this game a lot longer than I. I'm 90K and LME. I don't have a big defense like Ardak K. or others like him. If you'll allow me my 2 cents here I'll say I think you are focused on the wrong problem here. You are talking about losing the combat. These are people who plunder as a way of FOE life. They're smart and experienced on the battlefield, have an army full of rogues (and know how to use them), and come at you with attack bonuses so large you might mistake them for the GNP. You will counter all that by turning your defense over to the INNO AI. You are not only going to lose to them, you'll lose to lesser players attacking you. That's the nature of pvp here. Even Ardak K. will get beat on occasion(but with a 700+ defense bonus it's an occasion I'd like to watch). I think you have to expect to get hit and lose no matter where you are in the neighborhood. I just don't think you need to watch them take your stuff. I think the real game is in the "trying to find my stuff" dance you'll do after the combat is over. And they're limited in time. Be smart and even a little lucky and you make em dance the whole 24 hr.

Algona

Hoods are set by Tech progress not Ranking Points.

In my current hood the top ranked superbadass d00d (me!) is in CEabd has 8.6 Meg points. The lowest is CE and has 640K points.

And yeah, I can crush him any time I want, even though we are the same Era.

My advice, stop running up the tech tree and start working on your counterattack abilities and go back and read the first post in this thread for some techniques to mitigate your bad hood position and vulnerability..

DeletedUser26120

In my current hood the top ranked superbadass d00d (me!) is in CEabd has 8.6 Meg points. The lowest is CE and has 640K points.
I am in CE (V) with 10+ million and 10k+ battles.

I have all the fp and goods to jump to future era, just waiting for a hood-locking event.

Have even seen people higher than me in CE - there are some serious campers around.

Like others say it's time to slow down and work on your GBs. Someone once told me not to leave PE until I had 60% att/def and I went for 90% for good measure. It really paid off.

Volodya

I agree. something has changed where the neighborhoods have become very unequal.
He has out classed me in every department.
I cannot compete with his troops mainly due to his boost.
No matter what I post for an army I am out classed.
Not very fair.
I have stopped production on everything for a while so he has nothing to take.
That means that I am not spending any resources and therefore do not need to buy any diamonds.
Good for my wallet but bad for greedy company.
If they keep the hoods unbalanced they will see their revenue drop
and then there will be some changes.
Get them in the pocket book and things will happen.

The neighborhoods are in fact far more equitably distributed now than they used to be. Points have very little to do with players' strengths relative to each other. What matters is the age a player is in, the units they choose for attack and defense, and their attack and defense bonuses. Before the current system was implemented, neighborhoods were formed essentially at random. There was often a difference of 4 or more ages from top to bottom, resulting in bizarre scenarios such as helicopters attacking chariots. That truly was unfair and no bonus could level the table. Now, the person attacking you should be no more than one age ahead of you. Is that the case? They may have chosen to stay in their present age a long time and work on advancing their military great buildings. You may have chosen to move quickly through the ages. Those are game-play decisions with no real bearing on what is or isn't "fair." If you advance quickly you're very likely to encounter much stronger players of the same age; stronger not because of their point total but because of their bonuses.

Volodya

Never understood this strategy. You give up 100% of your production to prevent the loss of 2, 5, or even 10%?

Can't you just collect on time?

It's an emotion-based strategy rather than a reason-based one. Clearly it's not how you approach the game, but that doesn't make it necessarily less "valid." It's the flip-side of the taunting that the thieves subject their victims to, with precisely the same goal: frustrating the opposing player and making her/him enjoy the game less than they otherwise would.

DeletedUser32232

I'm new to LME, 24 att, 24def. I don't even have a CdM yet. Would you recommend I park here to build up or move up to CE to try to add Deal. I just got my Temple so I'm hoping I start seeing some watchfires. Right now things move so slowly. I only see 27 FP a day. Could use some advice.

Salsuero

I'm new to LME, 24 att, 24def. I don't even have a CdM yet. Would you recommend I park here to build up or move up to CE to try to add Deal.

Park. Work on your GBs. You don't need to be in CE to get the Deal Castle built if that's one of your goals. Work on Zeus, CoA, CdM, and SBC while you are parked. That would not be a bad idea if you are worried about getting plundered.

I just got my Temple so I'm hoping I start seeing some watchfires.

No Watchfires anymore in GE, so you won't be getting any from relics, but you could get Ritual Flames. A little harder to make room for sometimes, but each one is worth two Watchfires.

Right now things move so slowly. I only see 27 FP a day. Could use some advice.

You probably moved maybe a bit too fast to get where you are. But you can make up for it if you just work on building from your current position.

DeletedUser

I'm new to LME, 24 att, 24def. I don't even have a CdM yet. Would you recommend I park here to build up or move up to CE to try to add Deal. I just got my Temple so I'm hoping I start seeing some watchfires. Right now things move so slowly. I only see 27 FP a day. Could use some advice.
The common game terminology is LMA (Late Middle Ages) and CA (Colonial Age). CE is used to refer to Contemporary Era. It helps people understand what you're talking about if you use the common abbreviations.

DeletedUser29404

I am in CE (V) with 10+ million and 10k+ battles.

I have all the fp and goods to jump to future era, just waiting for a hood-locking event.

Have even seen people higher than me in CE - there are some serious campers around.

Like others say it's time to slow down and work on your GBs. Someone once told me not to leave PE until I had 60% att/def and I went for 90% for good measure. It really paid off.
60%/90% isnt going to cut it. Sorry. It needs to be higher IMO. Especially if your PE or higher Aged. I'm top dog in my 'hood regularly and no one can come to my city with any real success. Homies roll at +39%A/+304%D. Roadies go off at +127%A/+92%D. Theres too many PE players in my hood who have ignored development of their cities GBs (Att/Def GBs) and make my 'hood runs, laughable in most cases.

DeletedUser32311

5UkMeyLMnJjBM0hs2

I think this is the best response of all time.
24232840_10155893381077943_3979544151472209983_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32360

How is it players are able to plunder me without going through my army and I can't plunder them in return?

DeletedUser32360

Well, without giving more details, it sounds to me like they beat your Army, and returned within the 24hr window to plunder you.
I see no notification at all that they beat my army aNd when I go to their city to revenge it's not an option to plunder. I don't regularly fight anyone but I don't really see why I'm not able to plunder back. I'm not sure what other details you're looking for.

DeletedUser29404

I see no notification at all that they beat my army aNd when I go to their city to revenge it's not an option to plunder. I don't regularly fight anyone but I don't really see why I'm not able to plunder back. I'm not sure what other details you're looking for.
TBH your statement is contradicting known procdures. Are you checking your event log?

DeletedUser32360

Of course I am. That's how I know who it is. But that's what's happening which is why I'm here. It's frustrating and I don't know who to contact that will actually give me a helpful answer.

Salsuero

How is it players are able to plunder me without going through my army and I can't plunder them in return?

It's frustrating and I don't know who to contact that will actually give me a helpful answer.

It sounds like you are trying to plunder a player who has nothing ready to be plundered, and so even though you defeat them, you expect to plunder what isn't there. To be honest, you may never get to plunder this player if he's/she's smart. You can try visiting this player anytime within 24 hours to attempt to plunder something. After that, you have to fight and defeat them to try again. Good luck!

DeletedUser31225

To be able to plunder you have to visit her/his city in a specific time window: after production is complete but not yet collected. As Salsuero said it will not be easy to plunder a plunderer. But if you are determined enough who knows you may turn out to be a better plunderer than your plunderer. Best of luck!
Tip: No one can collect in time everyday ;)

DeletedUser31592

Of course I am. That's how I know who it is. But that's what's happening which is why I'm here. It's frustrating and I don't know who to contact that will actually give me a helpful answer.
Are you playing on mobile or PC? Mobile only goes back so many events, for me just a couple of hours, so it is very easy to miss if someone attacked you.
If you log onto the browser version, you can filter battles to see when they attacked.

24799362_10215224096744917_499135458455785775_o.jpg