• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[FAQ] Help, I am being plundered!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

DeletedUser30968

being plundered is part of the game. there will always be someone that has better armies or army strength than you. you try to put up the strongest army to defend and defense strength you can put up to either deter or do the most damage to the attackers armies.

RaveWolf

Firstly, I understand and fully accept the fact that Plundering is part of the game and don't dispute it in any way whatsoever...
However I do feel that it is highly unfair and unpleasant to be attacked and plundered by someone who is relentless and IMPOSSIBLE yes 100% Impossible to beat!!
I currently have 10 Million points while he is in the region of 200 Million points.
He is Rank 2, while I am Rank 516.
You need to level out the playing field!!

I have collected on time, and also used the city shield for over a week.
I decided to stop for 1 day thinking he might have given by now and Bam! attacked and plundered again while collecting.

You guys seriously have to come up with a way to retaliate against plunderes... Perhaps add a Trap system within the Tavern that you can place on any building of your choosing. The attacker will have no idea which building, but the risk is theirs to plunder if they are willing to take the risk. Perhaps it could be a reverse plunder, or something similar, but they must also be unaware that it is set up. It is a trap after all.
You could even create a Fort GB, that defends against attackers, the higher the level the higher the percentage of deflecting an attack. This could also add a whole new dimention to the game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser32397

You guys seriously have to come up with a way to retaliate against plunderes
Guess what, there already is. It's this little button here.
Eqcwgj.jpg

Algona

I currently have 10 Million points while he is in the region of 200 Million points.

Are you in OF?

If not, you should swap out either tomorrow or next Monday. Take it as a lesson in what it's like at the top of the game You have months to get ready.

RaveWolf

Are you in OF?

If not, you should swap out either tomorrow or next Monday. Take it as a lesson in what it's like at the top of the game You have months to get ready.

attacked and plundered again while collecting
Clearly you missed this one.
...and yes, I'm half way through OF.
This @$$ is has been watching my city like a hawk for 4 weeks now. I have ALWAYS collected on time!!

Last edited:

DeletedUser30900

So you push all the way through without leveling GB to the right level and now you claiming it’s not pleasant to be plundered ? You are the one get yourself into this situation. And sorry, not every time there is a “ try again” botton

DeletedUser

While points don't always mean something, in this case they are a glaring clue to the reason for this situation. Since you are, as you state later, halfway through OF, you have messed up and you're going to have to live with it for a while. I had around 10 million points in CE, and wasn't even the most powerful player in that age. What your 10 million points in OF means is that you advanced too quickly without building up your city and GBs properly as you've gone. Since you are now basically a sitting duck for many, many OF players, it is going to be more difficult for you to catch up.
It is highly ironic that you have violated the principle you have quoted in your signature.
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
- The Art of War (Sun Tzu)
Sure seems to me that you have gone to war first and are now seeking to win. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser31882

You guys seriously have to come up with a way to retaliate against plunderes... Perhaps add a Trap system within the Tavern that you can place on any building of your choosing. The attacker will have no idea which building, but the risk is theirs to plunder if they are willing to take the risk. Perhaps it could be a reverse plunder, or something similar, but they must also be unaware that it is set up. It is a trap after all.
You could even create a Fort GB, that defends against attackers, the higher the level the higher the percentage of deflecting an attack. This could also add a whole new dimention to the game.

If you had a proposal where the trap just 'canceled' the pillage, I'd lean yes in supporting it. Make it a consumable item, as the Tavern already has the city shield buff that effectively eliminates plundering.

The problem is it may fall under DNSL (Altering pillaging), but at least it could start a discussion and shake other ideas out of the community.

I'm more for expanding the game to make it more interesting/fun for all players, but I don't think increasing the risk of plunderers by a harmful booby trap will ever get support. Plunderers already have to invest in military GBs & the time in stalking other players to perform 'perfect pillages' on those with venerable collections. While it is frustrating to lose to the 200 million point player, the points are not the problem, it's the amount of time that player invests in getting into your storehouses versus the time you spend to evade them. If they have your collection time locked down, you either live with that or take the time to change the collection time. That way you stop being a fish in a barrel and you force the plunderer to spend time in hunting you again.

and that little button helps against...

Hunt them back. You say 100% impossible to beat them? Assuming you mean their defense, then you now have something to emulate. Or you could provide details and ask for feedback on what you could improve.

The nature of FoE is there is no way to make a 'level' playing field without ruining the game. Too many variables to attempt to control.

DeletedUser

The nature of FoE is there is no way to make a 'level' playing field without ruining the game. Too many variables to attempt to control.
The only way to make a "level" playing field would be to take cash and Diamonds out of the equation. And don't hold your breath for that one. Even then, players would still race up the tech tree without developing their city properly, just like now. And they would still end up in OF with insufficient defense and get plundered by those who took the time and effort to develop their city properly. And we would still have players whining that it isn't fair and asking to be bailed out of their self-induced dilemma.

Algona

Nuts. The playing field is level. We all have the same options, the same decisions, nothing is banned or barred from any player. The only differences between players arise form when they started playing and the decisions made.

Any other viewpoint inevitably leads to clamoring about unfairness and wanting the game changed and other such silliness, as the ironically named RaveWolf so perfectly demonstrates.

A wolf wannabee lamb races into the wolf pack's den and is shocked when the real wolves tear them to shreads. HIGHlarious stuff.

RaveWolf

Nuts. The playing field is level. We all have the same options, the same decisions, nothing is banned or barred from any player. The only differences between players arise form when they started playing and the decisions made.

Any other viewpoint inevitably leads to clamoring about unfairness and wanting the game changed and other such silliness, as the ironically named RaveWolf so perfectly demonstrates.

A wolf wannabee lamb races into the wolf pack's den and is shocked when the real wolves tear them to shreads. HIGHlarious stuff.

WTF!! Why do have to take this to a personal level now??????

God forbid anyone ask a question or shares an opinion on a forum of all places!! I mean, what is this world coming too??
There are a few things that others said that made me see things a little differently and I LIKED THEIR Responses!!
I'm sorry if some people aren't PERFECT like you!! Please don't $h!t on us peasants your royal highness!!

May I be so bold as to ask what the occational Rotations are for, how often they occur and what is the rotation factor based on???

DeletedUser32397

May I be so bold as to ask what the occational Rotations are for, how often they occur and what is the rotation factor based on???
Where you are in the tech tree. Just imagine if the hoods DIDN'T change. Then research junkies would be OP.

DeletedUser

It seems that the hood rotations now serve to keep players together that are relatively close in tech tree research, i.e. era, while still enabling fresh interactions with a variety of different players. Which is a way more level playing field than there used to be, when you could be stuck in a hood with players 4, 5 or more eras ahead of you. Tanks against Archers was fun. Not.
They occur every two weeks, unless there is an event going on that has a common neighborhood component, as the Carnival Event had. The rotation factor is era-based, which is to say tech-tree-progress-based.

Algona

God forbid anyone ask a question or shares an opinion

I posted my opinion. You're the one swearing at me for posting my opinion. That's OK; no apology needed. It;s a common mistake: Posters want to defend the rights of posters to have opinions then get upset when someone has an opinion they don't like.

WTF!! Why do have to take this to a personal level now??????

Why now? Contrary to popular opinion Algona Sooth Sayer is not omniscient. While i've seen players with 1 Meg RP in Future, I never thought that someone would race to OF so woefully unprepared.

So until you posted and answered a simple question about your Era, I had no idea anyone could get as far as you have and not have run into the inevitable problems you have.

I've taken a gander at your cuty and GBs, I am astonished that you haven't been relentlessly hammered by plunderers for years. That's actually really bad luck for you. If you had been mercilessly plundered in a few different hoods years back you would have asked the questions you needed to ask much sooner to stop making the fundamental mistake you've been making for years.

As noted hoods rotate based on tech tree every two weeks except during Events.

The good news is you will see hood rotations.

The bad news is you're stuck at the highers Era with hundreds of other players of the highest Era. Every hood rotation you'll have dozens of players in you hood who will have the potential to plunder you. I guess it really depends on how many rabid pluderers there are in OF in your world, Throw in the DC Quests asking players to win X battles and your likely position at the bottom of the hood and you will be attacked. Lvl 8 Deal, lvl 7 SBC and a half dozen RFs and WTs ain't gonna keep the real wolves out.. Collect On Time will help but you have too many plunderable targets.

More good news, you have a lot of Expansions still available so there is opportunity to transform your city into something that is not plunder bait.

More bad news, that's gonna take a lot of effort and sacrificing some of the dozen+ juicy unmotivatable plunder targets in your city.

Or you can keep getting plundered. Whichever you prefer. As I said earlier, the only difference between players are the decisions made.

Here's one decision you can make right now. You can waste more time telling me what a bad person I am, although I'm not the one plundering you, nor am I the one who put you in your position, or you can get to work fixing your city by asking someone you aren't mad at how to get out of the situation you put yourself in.

Either way, please don't try to change the game to mitigate the consequences of your game play decisions.

RaveWolf

1) Firstly I've only been in one Guild!!
2) I have only played on one Server!!
3) Yes I made mistakes... I never once mentioned nor sent out any signs that I had all the answers.
4) Yes!! I am behind on my GB's, I learnt way too late of their benefits or purpose, and Yes! I am paying the price.
5) Yes!! I wrongly assumed that The Higher I was in Era or Age, the stronger I'd be!! "My fault" that no-one told me any better.
6) I did not know that Age/Era was the ONLY factor that the rotation was based on. I learned something new from you lot and am hugely grateful.
Now I am a little wiser... Thank you!!

I came here seeking answers and some intel, and perhaps share an idea like MANY OTHER PEOPLE DO ON THIS FORUM!!!
I shared a thought, God Forbid!!

What I DID NOT come here for however, is attacks and insults!!
Again, I appologise that I'm not Perfect, and I appologise for being on this Forum where I clearly am unwelcome and do not belong.

Thanks Again to those that gave advise and shared your intel, it is highly appreciated!!

Cheers. I'm outa here!!

DeletedUser

What I DID NOT come here for however, is attacks and insults!!
Actually, the reaction to your posts has been rather mild. I've seen much, much worse. And if you hadn't acknowledged your role in creating your situation, it would have gotten much worse. We all feel for you, as it's never pleasant to be in a situation without a quick remedy, no matter whose fault it is. And we've tried to give you a some advice to make it a little easier on you as you try to deal with it. I would ask you to stick around the Forum. There is always something to learn, no matter how long you've played, and there's usually a good dose of humor in the postings. And not always at someone's expense, although some people just seem to be asking for it sometimes. Anyway, best of luck dealing with your situation, and here's hoping that player will rotate to another hood on Monday.

DeletedUser31225

1) Firstly I've only been in one Guild!!..Yes I made mistakes...Cheers. I'm outa here!!

I made ALL the beginner's mistakes. Then my mentor found me. She had some success convincing me of my mistakes but soon she had to leave due to RL. Then I found this forum. It took some time but slowly I realize members are very knowledgeable, helpful and to the point. The forum definitely helped me improving my game play. You should stick around.