• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[FAQ] Help, I am being plundered!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

RaveWolf

Oh, I forgot to add this to my previous post...
Either way, please don't try to change the game...
Best to make the Devs aware of this thread... https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?forums/proposals.24/

I thought I would join the Discussion about it first...
upload_2018-3-21_21-20-25.png
...but after your response, it's clear the Devs made a mistake!!

I would ask you to stick around the Forum.
The forum definitely helped me improving my game play. You should stick around.

Thanks Stephen and InfamousChan, heartly Appreciated!! but after the uncalled for backlash I've received here, the Plundering feels like an unexpected puddle!!

Plundering is a part of the game and as I have said I accepted, but Algona decided to take the personal route, which to me is 100 times worse than the plundering!!
My Online Profile name "RaveWolf" I've had since the late 90's. Thanks for trashing it!!
"Victorious warriors win first then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." - YES I thought I was doing just that by levelling up through Era and Age as 99% of Games work... The higher you level up the stronger you get!! Not the same concept in this game.

Last edited:

Graviton

Your first post in this thread boils down to, "I accept plundering completely, and now I will complain about being plundered anyway." That's not going to escape ridicule around here.

This forum community is very helpful, and at the same time pretty harsh if it appears that you're complaining about something before reading the forum, because the answers and advice to most complaints are already here.

My advice: let this one go, don't take it personally (because nobody here knows you personally, so by definition it can't be). Take a breath and stick around.

DeletedUser

but after the uncalled for backlash I've received here
Honestly, what you "received" was so mild that I am rather taken aback at your continued insistence that you've been treated unfairly here. I have seen others verbally savaged for coming to the Forum to complain about being plundered. And that's players who were fairly new to the game. Considering the fact that you've played long enough to reach the current highest era, and still didn't understand the game well enough to see what you had done wrong, you were handled with kid gloves here. Even @Algona's comments were extremely mild in comparison to how snarky he can get. As I said, I do have sympathy for your position, and the fact that there's no easy, quick solution to your problem. However, complaining about the treatment you got here won't make it any better.
"Victorious warriors win first then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." - YES I thought I was doing just that by levelling up through Era and Age as 99% of Games work... The higher you level up the stronger you get!! Not the same concept in this game.
And you keep posting stuff like this, which doesn't help your case for being taken seriously. If you had been paying attention, you would have noticed this way before you got to OF. Now if all you're going to do is strike back over the alleged backlash, you'd be better off staying away from the Forum. However, if you can swallow your pride a little bit and admit that you have some stuff to learn about this game, then stick around and do some reading. I guarantee you'll learn stuff.

RaveWolf

Your first post in this thread boils down to, "I accept plundering completely, and now I will complain about being plundered anyway."
Totally twisted my words, but the rest of your post is duly noted and thank you.

And you keep posting stuff like this, which doesn't help your case for being taken seriously.
Again as I mentioned... I "THOUGHT" based on the knowledge gained from hundreds of games I've been playing since the 1980's like Arcades, ATARI, ZX-Spectrum, Commedore VIC-20, Commedore 64, Nintendo, Game & Watch, Gameboy, PS 1,2 and 3... etc... It is the general concept that the higher you level the more skills you gain... So without ANY INPUT from ANYONE, that is how I played the game. Clearly I was wrong which I admitted numerous times.

If you had been paying attention, you would have noticed this way before you got to OF
"Paying attention" in what way? I don't do GvG as I'm not in the US, and my time is not in line with my Guilds GvG times.
The need to use GB's was only realised once I started losing to City attacks.
I moved up pretty quick and was doing very well. I hardly got plundered until I reached TE. Once I started getting Plundered, I then questioned it and was only then informed about the advantages of GB's. After that, most of my focus was on GB's... Unfortunetly events pushed me the rest of the way up to AF, Once in AF I decided to push through to OF so I could One-Up and Reno my Buildings to OF to assist in getting more FP's and Goods to hopefully speed up my GB progression.

However, if you can swallow your pride a little bit and admit that you have some stuff to learn about this game
I have nothing left... I have laid it all out there... I have admitted it multiple times over and over again... I have nothing left to admit!!

swallow your pride
You are right and Noted!!
As far as the Game is concerned, I have admitted my mistakes over and over again...
As far as learning is concerned, yes that will never end. We are always learning... Hell, that is why I'm here.
As far as the forum is concerned, I merely stated a concern, Again based on not knowing that Age/Era was the only factor used for hood rotation... Now that I know, I have accepted it... and have moved on.

To finish off, I've given everything honestly, so that I can get info and learn. I was asked questions and answered them, I'm not here to fight, I'm here to learn which as I have also mentioned over and over again, I am greatful for all the knowledge. I apologise for the constant posts, but I refuse to be treated like crap for having an opinion.

I simply raised a concern, I gave my opinion, then tried to provide a possible solution to it.
PLEASE do till me if this is not how the Forum works and guide me in the correct path?

Moving on, I will swallow my pride and simply ignore all and any negative responses from now!! Unless constructive of course. :D
Peace!!

DeletedUser

@RaveWolf, since you apparently are in a guild that doesn't know how to help you, I will give you some advice for your situation. I don't know what GBs they told you to build/level up, but they are not the same ones you would need for GvG/GE/PvP. What you need to do is build the Deal Castle and St Basil's Cathedral, if you don't already have them. Make leveling them up a priority, as they will not only boost the defense of your city defense army, but the attack rating of it also. And put in as many Watchfires and Ritual Flames as you can find room for. Replace any and all decorations with these 2 items. Put your best 8 troops in city defense. You already know to collect on time.

RaveWolf

@RaveWolf, since you apparently are in a guild that doesn't know how to help you, I will give you some advice for your situation. I don't know what GBs they told you to build/level up, but they are not the same ones you would need for GvG/GE/PvP. What you need to do is build the Deal Castle and St Basil's Cathedral, if you don't already have them. Make leveling them up a priority, as they will not only boost the defense of your city defense army, but the attack rating of it also. And put in as many Watchfires and Ritual Flames as you can find room for. Replace any and all decorations with these 2 items. Put your best 8 troops in city defense. You already know to collect on time.

Thanks for the advise Stephen,
I have been doing exactly as you've stated since TE, I have also put other GB's up to help with required FP's to level them higher.
The Guild is great, I just never needed said help until TE, which they did provide.
I haven't had much luck in getting Ritual Flames or Watchfires, but have a handful at least.

Cheers! :D

DeletedUser32232

I currently have 10 Million points while he is in the region of 200 Million points.
All this means is he is where he need to be to be top of the heap in OF. You need to build to compete at that level.
I decided to stop for 1 day thinking he might have given by now and Bam! attacked and plundered again while collecting.
You are the one making this personal. He doesn't care about you. For him there is only the game. He probably hits his neighborhood daily and when you relaxed for a day BAM you got caught in the daily sweep.
This @$$ is has been watching my city like a hawk for 4 weeks now.
It seems your problem is with one guy. Why, at 10m points, is this significant? Your Arc is probably producing a river of fp so what's up with the drama over a 5 fp hit on your palace or similar. This is distracting you from your game plan. Do the best you can and accept what you cannot change. No matter where you are or how big you've become there will always be someone around who's bigger.
I came here seeking answers and some intel, and perhaps share an idea like MANY OTHER PEOPLE DO ON THIS FORUM!!!
Participating in the Forum is a good thing. However, the people on this forum love this game and PvP/plunder is a HUGE part of it. so you are not going to find much sympathy with a "woe is me" post. Read past answers on this and other plunder threads. The info is voluminous on making yourself unattractive to plunderers or making your plunder hard to find. But you won't find much on 'change the game'. Hope you 're able to deal with your @$$.

DeletedUser34834

I am getting robbed almost every other day. Now I have read every post about how not to get robbed. I am getting to a point of dropping the game. I did not sign up here to get robbed and there is others that I have seen that are just as frustrated as me. So I am asking, if the developers are saying robbing is part of game then I suggest that maybe you guys need to change that attitude. With the world now changing due to workplace violence and school shootings that research is now finding out that kids and adults are learning to be aggressive due to these games. Now if the developers do not want to change then please delete my account. I am not going to be part of a aggressive player game, I am here to have some fun and not be plundered every other day. Thanks....

DeletedUser

I am getting robbed almost every other day. Now I have read every post about how not to get robbed. I am getting to a point of dropping the game. I did not sign up here to get robbed and there is others that I have seen that are just as frustrated as me. So I am asking, if the developers are saying robbing is part of game then I suggest that maybe you guys need to change that attitude. With the world now changing due to workplace violence and school shootings that research is now finding out that kids and adults are learning to be aggressive due to these games. Now if the developers do not want to change then please delete my account. I am not going to be part of a aggressive player game, I am here to have some fun and not be plundered every other day. Thanks....
"I pity the fool!"

DeletedUser30900

Hey, just drop it. Bye! If you get mad, go call UN and report us as potential terrorists wtever :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

Well, it took 3 years and hundreds of posts complaining about plundering, but I've finally seen someone belittle the horrors of workplace violence and school shootings by comparing them to plundering.

Speaking of, why are you complaining about the plundering instead of the fighting?

Is fighting OK but stealing unacceptable?

I see you've fought 37 fights. Isn't that just a few too many fights to reconcile with your no violence in games stance?

Or is it that it's OK for you to do the attacking?

If you don't like violence in the media, why did you name yourself, misspelled as it is, after a TV chatacter famous for beating up people?

It's OK, we dig you are frustrated, but really, if you want help, try asking for help instead of.sinking into a self created morass of morale quandary.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31225

..With the world now changing due to workplace violence and school shootings that research is now finding out that kids and adults are learning to be aggressive due to these games. Now if the developers do not want to change then please delete my account. I am not going to be part of a aggressive player game....

Plundering is a part of this game. You do not like it. That is ok. You do not have to plunder. Like every choice you make in this game there are outcomes/consequences if you do not plunder. Many players did it successfully btw :) But why do you want to force your choice on others?
Do you try to take King, Queen etc of your opponent in a chess game? Will you be an aggressive person if you do that? Or do you propose not to make war in chess?

DeletedUser8428

If one of the core functions of the game isnt to your liking, you're smart to stop playing the game. However, I need to point out that there is no agreement in the scientific community that "kids and adults are learning to be aggressive due to these games".

Last edited by a moderator:

Graviton

I am getting robbed almost every other day. Now I have read every post about how not to get robbed. I am getting to a point of dropping the game. I did not sign up here to get robbed and there is others that I have seen that are just as frustrated as me. So I am asking, if the developers are saying robbing is part of game then I suggest that maybe you guys need to change that attitude.

We need to change our attitude? Then why is it only newbs who b*tch about being plundered? Perhaps people who've played for more than a few weeks have figured something out that you haven't. Which, ironically, would be to change your attitude toward plundering, since it's clearly and obviously and without a doubt part of the game, and as you claim to have read, there is a fool-proof way to avoid it: collect on time.

Games like this cause school shootings? I bet you're a hoot on Facebook.
Have a tissue.jpg

DeletedUser29295

Here, have a few tissues to wipe the tears from your eyes.

DeletedUser31882

*facepalm*

As someone who agrees that violent video games normalize violence and thus should be used/viewed with caution, especially with young impressible children, I get very frustrated when people use said correlation studies to say "Violent video games cause violence". That is untrue and unscientific. There are many more variables in play than 'I play 10 Hours of Call of Duty & Doom every week'. Parenting, Cultural norms, community, social economic status are just a few confounding variables to the 'Violent video games cause workplace violence & school shootings'. If you actually care about the issue, please do some more research into the topic. Don't fall into the 'Won't someone, please, Think of the children!' bandwagon.

Sorry to hear you don't like being pillaged. You could ask for advice instead of complaining about reading. Especially when the OP has 90% of the information you need to get started.

If that doesn't work, try Elvenar out.