• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[FAQ] Help, I am being plundered!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

DeletedUser14066

This is all well and good but what about the ones that don't accept? And how do you handle the recycle event? When you just get used to your neighbors and defeat them by adjusting your schedule to oppose their attacks the neighbors change and you have to get used to another set of vastly superior attackers. Again I believe their are not enough players all together to allow the developers to create a closer range of players to assemble and group together. It seams ridiculous to have a player ranked 1 or 2 to be attacking player 75 when there is a 24 million point spread. I am sorry if they have misjudged people and believe they can make more money by assuming the 75th ranked person will spend their way up the ladder. But this is just linear thinking and actually has the reverse effect. My belief is that people will not spend hard earned money on a game that is no fun to play. Kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?

DeletedUser8152

I don't know why the hood system works the way it does, but if I were running a game like this, I would try a bunch of different systems for different hoods and servers, and stick with the one that generated the most income.

DeletedUser14066

You kids throw around the word bully like you think you know what it means. Attacking someone and plundering them in a game designed for such a purpose is far from bullying, it is simply superior gameplay. Pretty sure you are the one that "doesn't get it" and is getting pissed off.

I am sorry but I don't believe a heavy weight should ever be pitted against a feather weight, nor do I believe that 5A should play against 1B. This to me is mute. Governments definition on bulling: "Bullying is unwanted, aggressive behavior that involves a real or perceived power imbalance". It is unfortunate that game-play like this one promotes bullying and not game skill or strategic deployment skills. But it mimics this in several ways but upon close observation it manipulates lower brain function to a level of 'me vs. you', and unfair game tactics to the point it is not tactical rather brute force to win battles in PvP where players are not closely matched but such an imbalance exist to the point it takes almost no thought to defeat an opponent. Just sayin'.

Algona

surferbum, you are absolutely right. You made me remember this guy back in junior high and high school. He was much taller, bigger, stronger than I was. Prototypical bully! Any chance he got he would knock me down.

Then my coach would say 'run it again!'

Game, as in voluntary participation. Explicitly within the rules and encouraged by the founder of the game.

You trivialize a serious problem by grossly misusing the word.

DeletedUser14066

surferbum, you are absolutely right. You made me remember this guy back in junior high and high school. He was much taller, bigger, stronger than I was. Prototypical bully! Any chance he got he would knock me down.

Then my coach would say 'run it again!'

Game, as in voluntary participation. Explicitly within the rules and encouraged by the founder of the game.

You trivialize a serious problem by grossly misusing the word.

I don't trivialize the seriousness of the problem, just make it more aware. Bullying is everywhere and it needs to stop. More so in the games we play either day to day or periodically. I too was bullied in school, because I was so popular the not so popular much bigger guys would pick on me and try to beat me up. It became futile because of their size but I did try to fight back, and much like this game in PvP, this is why I am so opposed to the outlandish imbalance. From reading these post I do not believe I am alone in this battle. As in the game, not only are they pushing you down but they are taking your lunch money also.

Ylisaveta

You were so popular that you got beaten up? Sad story, bro.

However, attacking and plundering your neighbors is not bullying. It is sanctioned and encouraged by the designers. There may be players that exhibit bullying behaviors, but you haven't said that, and that would be reportable. You've just slapped a label on gameplay you don't like. A badly overused label, and in this case, a misused one.

Come into my hood, I will not bully you. But my imaginary army will brutally slaughter your imaginary army, and then I might take some of your imaginary stuff.

iamtheemperor

I don't trivialize the seriousness of the problem, just make it more aware. Bullying is everywhere and it needs to stop. More so in the games we play either day to day or periodically. I too was bullied in school, because I was so popular the not so popular much bigger guys would pick on me and try to beat me up. It became futile because of their size but I did try to fight back, and much like this game in PvP, this is why I am so opposed to the outlandish imbalance. From reading these post I do not believe I am alone in this battle. As in the game, not only are they pushing you down but they are taking your lunch money also.

But you are trivializing the very serious problem of bullying by equating serious real-world physical and emotional distress with a computer game being played within its intended design. And if you really were bullied in real life as you say you were, then I, as someone who was also bullied, can't understand why you don't see the difference. A gay kid in the 80s in the buckle of the bible belt did not a happy school life have.

If someone is threatening you with actual harm, please report them immediately. But if someone is winning a game against you because they are better than you or have been playing longer... well that's the object of just about every game ever invented.

Algona

Succeeding within the rules in competition is not bullying, trying your best honorably is not harassment, and fairly kicking the crap out of people in a game is not evil.

Of course you're not alone in your new found 'battle'. Lots of people who are lousy at games blame better players for 'cheating' or 'bullying' or 'coining' or 'not-having-a-lifeing' or anything but their own inadequacy. You losing is an affront to society, an outrage to be corrected! So, sure, I think you will fit in well with the lousy gamer group. And since you and your ilk are lousy gamers, you'll loose that imaginary battle as well. And then blame someone else for losing. Again.

Meanwhile, in burst your bubble news, if you get harassed, picked on, or beat up, you ain't popular. Popular people have friends who help out.

And in I guess I was not clear enough news, I was talking about football practice. You know, a game where ginormous people try to impose their physical will upon others?

DeletedUser24552

This is all well and good but what about the ones that don't accept? And how do you handle the recycle event? When you just get used to your neighbors and defeat them by adjusting your schedule to oppose their attacks the neighbors change and you have to get used to another set of vastly superior attackers. Again I believe their are not enough players all together to allow the developers to create a closer range of players to assemble and group together. It seams ridiculous to have a player ranked 1 or 2 to be attacking player 75 when there is a 24 million point spread. I am sorry if they have misjudged people and believe they can make more money by assuming the 75th ranked person will spend their way up the ladder. But this is just linear thinking and actually has the reverse effect. My belief is that people will not spend hard earned money on a game that is no fun to play. Kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?
If they don't accept, they don't accept, and it's on to the 24 hour production schedule to reduce the opportunities for plunder. As for the neighborhoods changing every couple of weeks, that's just part of the challenge of the game. This is a game of long-term strategy, a marathon and not a sprint. Part of the unique challenge is to deal with changing situations and to adjust your playing style to those changing situations.

DeletedUser14066

Succeeding within the rules in competition is not bullying, trying your best honorably is not harassment, and fairly kicking the crap out of people in a game is not evil.

Of course you're not alone in your new found 'battle'. Lots of people who are lousy at games blame better players for 'cheating' or 'bullying' or 'coining' or 'not-having-a-lifeing' or anything but their own inadequacy. You losing is an affront to society, an outrage to be corrected! So, sure, I think you will fit in well with the lousy gamer group. And since you and your ilk are lousy gamers, you'll loose that imaginary battle as well. And then blame someone else for losing. Again.

Meanwhile, in burst your bubble news, if you get harassed, picked on, or beat up, you ain't popular. Popular people have friends who help out.

And in I guess I was not clear enough news, I was talking about football practice. You know, a game where ginormous people try to impose their physical will upon others?

How is this game is even remotely like football? Each team has the same number of players and skill levels in football. That's what makes football a popular sport. What if one team brought knives and the other balloons? Would it a popular sport, or grow old after a few games? Probably with the bullies, they thrive on that kind of stuff. And God help us if this game becomes evil, then it will have made a whole different level way beyond what is acceptable. I still have not had anyone explain how this is normal, acceptable, or close to fair when grouped with someone 20 times higher than another. Rather "It's the rules" keeps getting thrown around. I'm just sayin, can't we pit similar level players together. Just trying to help out the little guy. I personally don't care, I can walk away at any time and do quite frequently. And for the record, I like the battles, they can be fun. But I don't see the excitement value of plundering after a no contest battle. All I hear is whining from others about bullying and why it is acceptable, instead of helpful advise or creative solutions. Although my experience with bullies is they are no more intelligent than their own actions, suffer from some type of inferiority complex and only rely on their own omnipotent, obtuse behavior to harass and intimidate others that are just trying to get along, have fun and help. It is so funny to see some peoples' reactions to the plundering post and how they show their true colors. Which reminds me of a Mark Twain quote "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

DeletedUser13838

How is this game is even remotely like football? Each team has the same number of players and skill levels in football. That's what makes football a popular sport.

I stopped reading here. Do you seriously believe this is true? Teams have the same players (like foe armies have the same number of units) but teams do not at all have the same skill levels. As a lifelong jets fan I feel that I speak with some authority here. The most popular sport in the world is soccer and there are a small handful of very good teams that are worlds better than all the others. But they play each other just the same.

Algona

can't we pit similar level players together. J

Sure, and about 5 minutes later you'll be whining that the guy in the same age as you has higher attack GBs and a better grasp of tactics and a Traz and is a bully for beating the snot out of you. Ever consider the My Little Pony game?

Each team has the same number of players and skill levels in football.

Quoted for posteriority, err, I mean, posterity.

Just trying to help out the little guy.

Then next time someone asks about plundering, instead of blathering about in game bullies or giving really crappy advice, just point to jealis's OP.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

'Tis a pity you did not remember that quote until you had thoroughly removed all doubt.

DeletedUser14066

It's sad when all you can do is double quote. Outstanding job.

DeletedUser6163

Here is a thought. Unhook your roads. I have not experimented greatly with this but I believe it leaves nothing to plunder until you can resume the game at a later time. See if that works for you.

I hope no one follows this bit of advice. Slighting the one plunderer would not only hinder your own productions but you also hinder every single player that visits your city to help you either by aiding or donating FP. Unhooked buildings can not be plundered, but they also cannot be aided or great buildings leveled. This is a classic case of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

DeletedUser9433

1.Probably with the bullies, they thrive on that kind of stuff. 2.I still have not had anyone explain how this is normal, acceptable, or close to fair when grouped with someone 20 times higher than another. Rather "It's the rules" keeps getting thrown around. 3. Although my experience with bullies is they are no more intelligent than their own actions, suffer from some type of inferiority complex and only rely on their own omnipotent, obtuse behavior to harass and intimidate others that are just trying to get along, have fun and help. 4. It is so funny to see some peoples' reactions to the plundering post and how they show their true colors.
1. Again with the bullies, get a grip on life, this game is make believe, no bullying to see here folks, move along.
2.It is normal and acceptable because the Devs say it is so by their actions or inaction's regarding neighborhoods. Fair is a concept used to express ones' own inability to be successful and blame that poor performance on the behavior of others.
3. Once again you seem unable to grasp the concept of being bullied.
4. Finally something upon which we both seemingly agree since it is so easy to not be plundered.

DeletedUser10415

96b3dbcb233e4e41ae9b678c375f04de.jpg