• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[FAQ] Help, I am being plundered!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

DeletedUser

What is a PVP tower and how do I find it? Also how do I know who my neighbors are?
On the Continent Map in each era's provinces, there will be one with a tower in it. That is the PvP tower. You can access the weekly tower tournament standings there on either PC or mobile. On PC you can also access it through your Town Hall/Event History. At the top of Event History will be a series of links to each era's PvP tournament's current standings. You can scroll left or right to see lower/higher eras, although you won't be able to access the ones you haven't reached/conquered on the C-Map.

For neighbors, you look on the Social Bar at bottom of screen. On mobile it is the button on lower right with the icon of 3 people. After tapping that, your neighbors can be accessed with the tab on the left. (Center tab is guild, right tab is friends.) On PC, it is in center bottom of screen. There are 4 tabs to the right of the box of buttons on lower left. The left-most tab simply brings up the Social Bar, the 3 on the right enable you to choose between neighbors (left), guild (center) and friends (right). (You can also bring up the desired portion of the Social Bar by simply clicking on the appropriate tab on the right.)

DeletedUser35550

You know that tavern build it up as fast as you can....you can send out up to 80 friend requests and that will help you do that..in that tavern is city shield that cost 9000 silver per day...so building that tavern and those friends can sheild you from attacks and plundering..trust it was nuch worse before the restriction on high level player last year....so I feel your pain
Yup, I was attacked by high level players Day 1 in Bronze Age and they would plunder the only thing of value, the long house, even after getting the best units of the age, they would come in with EMA or HMA and wipe out the defenses - they have tried to keep everyone around the same level in the hood, but you'll have the diamond dogs and the bullies lurking to pounce on new players in the era, but that's how the game goes - if you don't like being attacked, don't develop past Late Iron age , leaving Tactics locked

On the flip side, the game is skewed in favor of attackers, it does get frustrating getting beaten by someone with 1 unit and 7 rogues - If we were able to program our defenders manually, it would level the plying field, or lower the cost of the City Shield or let people use coins or diamonds if they are that upset about being plundered.

DeletedUser36339

On the Continent Map in each era's provinces, there will be one with a tower in it. That is the PvP tower. You can access the weekly tower tournament standings there on either PC or mobile. On PC you can also access it through your Town Hall/Event History. At the top of Event History will be a series of links to each era's PvP tournament's current standings. You can scroll left or right to see lower/higher eras, although you won't be able to access the ones you haven't reached/conquered on the C-Map.

For neighbors, you look on the Social Bar at bottom of screen. On mobile it is the button on lower right with the icon of 3 people. After tapping that, your neighbors can be accessed with the tab on the left. (Center tab is guild, right tab is friends.) On PC, it is in center bottom of screen. There are 4 tabs to the right of the box of buttons on lower left. The left-most tab simply brings up the Social Bar, the 3 on the right enable you to choose between neighbors (left), guild (center) and friends (right). (You can also bring up the desired portion of the Social Bar by simply clicking on the appropriate tab on the right.)

Thank you. Perfect explanation. I was able to figure it out with your direction. Much appreciated.

DeletedUser3485

A couple of thoughts.

1. You base your dismissal of those who plunder on ... what, exactly? My own experience is that .. just like the rest of the game, those who plunder are a mix of players who purchase diamonds and those who do not pay at all. And, some of the most skilled, hardest working and generous players are those who plunder.

2. Who do you think pays for YOU to play for free? Do you think Inno provides this game and all of it's changes because this is a philanthropic venture? You get to play for free because there are those who are willing to pay. I cannot understand why you have such a crappy attitude about them.
Who says I have a crappy attitude about them? Just stating a basis truth. You look at the players that do most of the plundering and they have bought extra attack % event buildings. And it's laughable that you call players that buy their way through the game " skilled and hard working" Skilled at using a credit card? And generous? To whom, their guildmates? There's no generousity to the players they plunder. You seem too defensive, you must be one of those hard working plunderers. lol
Inno pays for me to play free with their sponsors, the players don't. In fact the coiners don't give a rat's butt if I'm playing or not. But if thinking that gives you some comfort for being a dirt-bag plunderer, then by all means, think that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30900

Childish reply icarusethan. why don't you try using your real account instead of the one you come here to reply to make snotty comments?
This is my real account, I think you need to make your monthly payment for your IQ already.

Volodya

Inno pays for me to play free with their sponsors, the players don't. In fact the coiners don't give a rat's butt if I'm playing or not. But if thinking that gives you some comfort for being a dirt-bag plunderer, then by all means, think that.
Who are these "sponsors?" Inno's experiment with running video ads was short-lived and presumably a failure. I have no idea what other "sponsors" you may be thinking of. Please explain.

DeletedUser8428

Who says I have a crappy attitude about them? Just stating a basis truth. You look at the players that do most of the plundering and they have bought extra attack % event buildings. And it's laughable that you call players that buy their way through the game " skilled and hard working" Skilled at using a credit card? And generous? To whom, their guildmates? There's no generousity to the players they plunder. You seem too defensive, you must be one of those hard working plunderers. lol

The COINERS? ROTFL, thanks for that.

DeletedUser26120

It's insensitive of you to characterize people volunteering (and receiving game currency as compensation
Just happened to come across this while handling another forum report - I'd like to point out that we are not paid staff.

We do not receive official compensation for being a forum moderator or ingame moderator.

DeletedUser

Just happened to come across this while handling another forum report - I'd like to point out that we are not paid staff.

We do not receive official compensation for being a forum moderator or ingame moderator.
You're splitting hairs here. Yes, you're a volunteer. No, you're not what most of us would consider "paid staff." But unless they've changed things since I toyed with becoming a moderator, you do receive in-game compensation. And since it would have to be approved by Inno, it is most certainly "official."

DeletedUser37299

I got attacked 6 TIMES today. 6 times!!! Like I get the odd one here or there or one a day but SIX??? Grrr. I am reasonably new to the game and am going to try some of what I have read here. Unfortunately I can only play when I get home from work and of course need to keep producing goods to meet my goals. I guess I have to adjust those goals in order to try and stop the plundering. Any other tips would be most welcome!

DeletedUser36624

Given that this is mid-hood, if you haven't been getting attacked at this frequency the whole week, my best guess is that you might have done something like send out a group message to the entire hood, which I guarantee would stir up a hornet's nest.

There are quests that require plundering, it's a fully intended part of the game. The only 100% defense is to collect on time, but you can reduce it by putting up a full defense of current age troops.

mamboking053

I got attacked 6 TIMES today. 6 times!!! Like I get the odd one here or there or one a day but SIX??? Grrr. I am reasonably new to the game and am going to try some of what I have read here. Unfortunately I can only play when I get home from work and of course need to keep producing goods to meet my goals. I guess I have to adjust those goals in order to try and stop the plundering. Any other tips would be most welcome!

If you have the game on mobile and can spare 3 minutes in a bathroom or something, you can log in, swipe-down your city every four or eight hours, and be in the clear.

DreadfulCadillac

I dont agree. i have gotten lots of event buildings from qeusts,never spent any money on this game, and i still love to plunder people

mamboking053

Lol. Please, go on. It amuses me.

Freshmeboy

If your goods buildings are getting plundered daily scrap them and focus on motivated buildings that can't be hit..Then its time to set up your collections for a time that you can hit every night after work. Do the recurring quests..as many as you can. Without goods buildings, you will receive more goods than supply and coin that way. The events are very important..they are geared for the new players so don't fail to get your SoKs or specialty buildings every event and build your forge point production power..And lastly..it's a game brother..a bunch of pixels tied to numbers that in the long run mean little and are there for enjoyment only..Don't sweat the small stuff, keep grinding and reward yourself with time spent here..Good liuck

Emberguard

Depends really on what length production you're running and the size difference between motivated buildings and standard goods buildings.

Two 8hr productions would spread out the risk and may still be more productive if half of it is taken then simply swapping out to motivated buildings (depending on your age). I wouldn't recommend swapping out if it's still really early in the game without first looking into your productions times, using the tavern shield on occasion if it's a particularly bad neighbourhood and whether it'd be worth putting a couple of watchfires in the deadend spots of your roads

There's no logic in putting a motivated building that gives 5 goods to replace a same sized (or smaller) building that can still give 10 after another 10 is plundered and you've got an excess of coins and supplies

Last edited:

DeletedUser29404

As a prolific plunderer, I can agree with the other posts, and the ones I have left here in this thread.
I suggest the 24hr production cycle; set for when you are 100% certain that you can collect it, the minute it is "ready"
I can also suggest joining a good/great Guild
Sometimes, just being in a top rated guild gives you an advantage; as some other players are in Guilds which have a "non-agression" treaty with your Guild.
Write to the peeps attacking you daily. Offer something fps wise, for them to leave you alone. A single fp on your attackers GB(s) each day *might* sway them enough to leave you alone. This is a great diplomatic action, as plunderers are mostly interested in plundering FPs, and Goods. If your willing to trade a few forge points to keep your goods, you win. If you leave just coins and supplies laying around, plunderers will take those, as a last resort.
Keep your defending Army full, and with the Best Units you have. Do NOT use Rogues (which you may/may not have) for City Defense. You will never lose the units; perhaps just the Battles.
Lastly, think outside the box. Look to form some type of communication with your serial plunderers. The "pity" card can get played, by you; especially if they have an enourmous Age/Attack advantage over you
After a while, it gets boring attacking 200K pt players, when you have a few million points of your own.
I've found that just writing people, and pointing out the pointlessness of their actions, coupled with the idea of donating to them, works out in most cases.
Send Friend requests and Mo/Po them daily. That helps too. The chances of reducing your losses is higher, if you can cut the attacks from (in your case, 6), to maybe just 1 or 2/day.
Remember also, we ALL had to suffer through this part of the game; we ALL ended up in hoods with dramatically advanced players/campers. It forces all of us to look for solutions, as opposed to just quitting FoE.

DeletedUser25171

I've found that just writing people, and pointing out the pointlessness of their actions, coupled with the idea of donating to them, works out in most cases.
Send Friend requests and Mo/Po them daily. That helps too. The chances of reducing your losses is higher, if you can cut the attacks from (in your case, 6), to maybe just 1 or 2/day.

I've also found that just displaying a good attitude makes a lot of plunderers change their minds. Remember, these people are playing for entertainment, too--they aren't actually trying to feed a band of bloodthirsty brigands! They want to have fun. Show them that you are fun, even if they aren't plundering you. I sent one guy a message warning him that one of his raiders may have contracted a social disease from a young lady who offered him "something nice" in exchange for sparing her cottage from the raid. I also implied that she was neither young nor a lady, and that he needed to identify that plunderer and get him to a doctor before things started dropping off the man. Guy sent me a note saying that nothing in the game had ever made him laugh so hard. He promised never to plunder my city ever again, and then sent me a friend request. We were friends for over a year before he apparently left the game entirely.

And like someone else said, these are ones and zeroes, not actual goods. Cartoon crops in a cartoon city. Getting plundered shouldn't give you any more grief than Homer Simpson getting a flat tire.