• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[FAQ] Help, I am being plundered!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

Salsuero

One thing to also consider is that the Deal/SBC are huge in comparison to the bonus they provide

That's certainly true of the Deal. I don't think it's easy to argue that for the SBC, though. It's only 5x5 and that's not really "huge" in my opinion when it gives you a 30% attack boost on defense at just level 10.

ODragon

That's certainly true of the Deal. I don't think it's easy to argue that for the SBC, though. It's only 5x5 and that's not really "huge" in my opinion when it gives you a 30% attack boost on defense at just level 10.

5x5 = 25 = 12 RF+1WT = 100% def.

I guess you might be right on that one. If you consider DA 2x DD, then at 30% DA/DD, then it is effectively a 90% total vs 100% defense only.

DeletedUser30312

Very nice analysis. One thing to also consider is that the Deal/SBC are huge in comparison to the bonus they provide; the one thing they provide that almost nothing else does is attack boost when defending. Personally, I don't think they are worth the size but when you include the attack boost for your defenders, maybe you do.

I'm in agreement with @Salsuero here; the Basil is small enough to be worth it for the added attack bonus if you're worried about defense. Combine it with the TA, get them both to level 10 and you've got a +50% attack bonus for your defense which isn't bad at all. That will stop weak attackers.

Deal though is huge, and it's only a priority if you're in a serious GvG guild. Otherwise, I say wait until the later eras to build it if you feel the need and if you have enough space.

DeletedUser37533

It blows my mind this conversation is still going on. If you are being attacked by some asshole with 300% attack with one unit and 7 rogues then make the attraction of the attack go away.

The mechanics of this game pretty much makes it impossible to defend your city regardless of your defenses. My defenders have 315% defense and they still get mowed over because they are trying to attack the rogues. My units will literally pass by battle units to attack rogues. The defense element of this game is the biggest joke going.

This game is set up to benefit the attacker at every single event. What does an attacker want? Medals for the most part or for some limp biscuits plundering. Remove the benefit for the attack. Post no defense whatsoever. I post one spearfighter so the losers get 108 battle points. Either collect on time, or if you have a life, disconnect your roads. Your attacker can collect nothing. They will go away.

I always follow up an attack with a nasty email telling the attacker what appendage I would prefer them to suck.

Salsuero

It blows my mind this conversation is still going on.

Well, it wasn't... until you necro'd it. Nice job, sport.

If you are being attacked by some asshole with 300% attack with one unit and 7 rogues then make the attraction of the attack go away.

The mechanics of this game pretty much makes it impossible to defend your city regardless of your defenses. My defenders have 315% defense and they still get mowed over because they are trying to attack the rogues. My units will literally pass by battle units to attack rogues. The defense element of this game is the biggest joke going.

This game is set up to benefit the attacker at every single event. What does an attacker want? Medals for the most part or for some limp biscuits plundering. Remove the benefit for the attack. Post no defense whatsoever. I post one spearfighter so the losers get 108 battle points. Either collect on time, or if you have a life, disconnect your roads. Your attacker can collect nothing. They will go away.

I always follow up an attack with a nasty email telling the attacker what appendage I would prefer them to suck.

Well, before the latest hood change, I was attacked almost daily by an admitted cheater that Inno refused to remove from the game with over 1,000% defense in LMA. He defended his city pretty well in my opinion since I didn't make a dent, even using a Colonial Era unit. Maybe you should try 1,000%. LOL My "solution" was to laugh and not care, which was always my solution to such things. One time, though, I set my town up for a single Spearfighter on defense and allowed him to plunder my Rosarium for 7 medals. I thought it would be funny. It was. He still came back to attack me again. Meh. It was funny once. But I really couldn't care less. He took a few FPs off my town during those two weeks. I have over 40k in inventory... I survived. What I didn't do was send nasty messages whining about it. That just seems rather petty and snowflakey, doesn't it? Ahhh, well... to each his/her own, I suppose. Happy Forging!

DeletedUser15539

If someone attacks you just for Tower points, and doesn't plunder, how does this hurt you?

If someone does plunder you, then collect on time.

Come on guys, this isn't rocket science.

Salsuero

It actually is a bit. The longer you are online in the game, the more your timer runs off. So while you are waiting for those last minute to run down to collect your TF, it might have already been plundered.

Unless you're at the bottom of the hood and easy pickings, the chances of being defeated by that many players who know exactly when to hit you... every single time they attack (because you don't change up your patterns)... is probably pretty low. I'm no rocket scientist, but it doesn't take one to know you can collect relatively close to on time and mitigate almost all plundering.

Agent327

Unless you're at the bottom of the hood and easy pickings, the chances of being defeated by that many players who know exactly when to hit you... every single time they attack (because you don't change up your patterns)... is probably pretty low. I'm no rocket scientist, but it doesn't take one to know you can collect relatively close to on time and mitigate almost all plundering.

Almost all, but not all like people seem to think. Even if you are not easy pickings, die hard plunderers return several times a day and might get lucky. Collecting in time is no fail safe method for that like many seem to think.

Salsuero

Almost all, but not all like people seem to think.

If getting plundered "once in a rare while" is problematic for you, your town needs work.

Even if you are not easy pickings, die hard plunderers return several times a day and might get lucky.

Yes. And if they're willing to work that hard at it, the ONE time they do get lucky should again -- not be enough to cause chaos and anarchy for a successful town. Any successful emperor should consider it no more than a simple nuisance... and perhaps fuel for revenge -- possibly even war. It seems to me that this game is kinda built upon that premise.

Collecting in time is no fail safe method for that like many seem to think.

I don't think anyone has every claimed that it's 100% perfectly preventative. However, the odds are very unlikely that you will be enduring nonstop game-ending plundering if you collect on time, especially compared to not doing so.

Agent327

If getting plundered "once in a rare while" is problematic for you, your town needs work.

Typical answer. You are clueless about my town or if I get plundered at all. Ever considered that you can state facts that do not have to be about yourself?

Yes. And if they're willing to work that hard at it, the ONE time they do get lucky should again -- not be enough to cause chaos and anarchy for a successful town. Any successful emperor should consider it no more than a simple nuisance... and perhaps fuel for revenge -- possibly even war. It seems to me that this game is kinda built upon that premise.

No problem if they get lucky, but it should be with equal chances. HJow many players do you think know their timer is off? Obviously you don't.

I don't think anyone has every claimed that it's 100% perfectly preventative. However, the odds are very unlikely that you will be enduring nonstop game-ending plundering if you collect on time, especially compared to not doing so.

It's the "to go to" answer and advice when it comes to plundering, where in fact it is a fable.

DeletedUser37581

HJow many players do you think know their timer is off? Obviously you don't.
Is the collection timer still not working for you? It was fixed in the Flash version a loooonnnnnggggg time ago (like over a year ago).