• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[FAQ] Help, I am being plundered!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

Salsuero

Typical answer. You are clueless about my town or if I get plundered at all. Ever considered that you can state facts that do not have to be about yourself?

Typical Agent327: "you" doesn't always apply to YOU unless you're a narcissist. Think about it... then re-read what I wrote.

HJow many players do you think know their timer is off? Obviously you don't.

Is it obvious that I don't, though? I'm not so sure that's true. Here's the thing... I don't care. If I'm plundered, I just don't let it ruin my day.

It's the "to go to" answer and advice when it comes to plundering, where in fact it is a fable.

Because it's VERY effective, especially long-term, as opposed to alternatives.

Last edited:

Emberguard

You know, YOU are the one claiming there's a problem. Why don't you supply your proof too, while you are at it?
I get problems with the app or HTML being out of sync on rare occasion still. It’s not that bad and certainly less frequent then it used to be but that doesn’t mean it’s not there. It’s most noticeable when things stop registering and need the game to be reloaded

DeletedUser26120

Deleted the last few posts - let's please stay on-topic. Thank you.

DeletedUser37581

I use several external timers that signal when I should collect my buildings. A long time ago, those timers were used to let me know when to refresh as refreshing resets the game's collection timers. I was thereby able to collect "on time". I was refreshing a dozen times a day or more. Over a year ago, the problem with the game's collection timers was fixed (from my perspective at least). I no longer need to refresh to get the collection timers back into sync - never. Because I use external timers, it would be obvious if a building's collection time deviated by even a couple of seconds over 24 hours. It just doesn't happen (for me).

What changed in the game? The client now periodically sends a message to the server requesting the time. If the game is the active window, this request message is sent every 30 seconds. If the game is not the active window, this request message is sent every 10 minutes. As the client and the server are regularly communicating about the current game time, it is easy for the client to always display the correct collection time.

@Emberguard has stated that there are still occasional problems with collection timers getting out of sync using HTML5 or the mobile app. That I cannot answer to as I only use Flash with the Chrome browser. My daily collections slip about 5 minutes a month if real life doesn't interfere.

The timer for the Aid button does not keep sync. It is not unusual for the Aid timers to update by over an hour when I refresh.
This first image was taken just before a refresh. The game hadn't been refreshed for at least 6 hours.
before-refresh.jpg
The next image was taken after a refresh. Note the jump in time left to Aid.
After-refresh.jpg
The difference in system time is 47 seconds. The difference in collection time for The Crow's Nest is 47 seconds. The difference in time for aiding is 16 minutes.

Emberguard

Good to know. It could be the rare occasions are from internet dropping out.

The funny thing is your aiding timer is out by 16 minutes while the collection timer is more or less fine. So a plunderer would be late by 16 minutes

DeletedUser37581

Good to know. It could be the rare occasions are from internet dropping out.

The funny thing is your aiding timer is out by 16 minutes while the collection timer is more or less fine. So a plunderer would be late by 16 minutes
Well, it's my Aid timer that is off before refresh. If someone has attacked me and is waiting for something to plunder, it would be their timer that would be off if they haven't refreshed recently. That would give them a false sense that they had more time available to plunder than they actually had.

Salsuero

Well, it's my Aid timer that is off before refresh.

Yup. But if you refresh just before the aid timer is supposed to expire (if it were accurately keeping time) you should be allowed to aid very close to when you "would" be allowed to aid if accurate... it's not really off by much at the end of the countdown -- maybe 30 seconds-ish. I could be wrong, though as I don't use external timers, but it's not much. And the interesting thing is... you can manually aid even though the auto-aid button hasn't finished counting down. I don't think the tavern button has the same sync issue either because I often see that I can sit in a tavern before the aid button has finished counting down, even though I sit in taverns after clicking the aid button... so I often use that as a "key" to knowing when I can jump into a town to manually aid instead of waiting for the auto-aid button. This works well for me in using my Dynamic Tower because I'm manually aiding for that anyways, but it sucks when I want to complete the rest of my daily aid because I don't want to manually aid everyone once my DT chances have run out for the day... and it's useless when there's nothing to manually aid and you just wanna click the button to start the countdown over.

Last edited:

grandmaster ubero

Guide to Attack Prevention, Reduction & Plunder Prevention and Reduction

As i have had plenty of time to read what other experienced players said about plunder and city defense on my own experiences,
i like to sum up what can be done to reduce attacks and what can stop attacks and also how to avoid or at least reduce plunder.
Note that some of these methods can be used together. What methods/s to use if any is situation based on a players needs and situation (game progress).
Not all bother with the plundered resources and attacks, for most it will at worst disrupt quests pretty much. This is not for everyone.

A. Attack Mitigation (Stop attacks 100%)

I. City Defense Shield in Tavern.
Cost Silver Coin. Stops All attacks for up to 3 days at a time.

B. Reduction of # of Attacks

I. Friendship.
Become friend with an attacker. Friends can not attack each other. This has numerous other benefits (for both)

II. Guild-mates.
Join guild with the attacker.
Very conditional but effective if you have mainly issues with same player
and not many others unless most are in same guild. Realize that most attacker attacks as a routine, it's rarely personal even if it may feel like that.

III. Camp in same age.
The longer you stay in an age the higher you normally move up in hoods, the less targeted you will be.

IV. Move up an age.
Very conditional. Currently many aggressive high level players camp in lower ages as they can use ahead of era units to win quick with no or less losses than if they advanced to later eras, so moving ahead you will avoid the middle age bullies that camp there. CE is a good era as it is easy to win in GE so you save goods with less need for negotiation.

V. Only use buildings that can never be plundered
This gives less incentive for players to attack as nothing can be plundered.

VI. Join a powerful guild with aggressive players
This may allow you to get strong players that can punish those that attack and / or plunder you. Very situational how effective this can be.

VII. Put up very strong city defense.
Most attackers will avoid attacking many times if they lose all their units or many. What is "strong" depends on world, era and hood you are in, as some hoods may have very strong attackers in such cases very strong defenses may not be sufficient in such cases B 1 if its one player is an option or A 1 if its several players which are just to strong.

C. City Defense

I. Use buildings that increases defenders defense and / or attack % and / or Tavern boost (time limited)

II. Use units that are hard to hit like stealth units and with as high defense and attack stats as possible.
Stealth tank, Hover tank, Eels

III. Variation.
Rotate the best units to defend with and how many you use of each. Like 2 artillery 2 fast 2 heavy +2 units for 1-2 different types

IV. Be unpredictable.
Change your units different times of day and different days.

V. Use units of era ahead of attacker if possible.
This prevents attacker from using Arctic Orangery and gives you better defense and attack overall

VI. Use units with reactive armor or unit that limits damage
This will require attacker to use more attacks to kill them unless they use many of those rare units that ignore special armor (like Rail Gun).

VII. Do not use rogues, especially in later eras / ages that uses the larger battle map. Enemy will usually pick of the real units first then once shot kill the rogues.

D. Plunder prevention
If above methods fail to stop attacker from breaching your defenses, these are (some of) the methods to prevent and some that reduce amount of plunder.

I. Use only buildings that cannot be plundered. Prevents /Stop plunder 100%
Great Buildings, Wishing Wells, Crows Nest etc.

II. Make sure buildings that can only be plundered when not motivated are motivated every day.
Do not use more than can be covered by aid.

III. Collect On time. If you collect on time there will be nothing for them to pick up, very simple.

IV. Dummy productions.
Run a few productions in 1 hour or less and do not collect.
If plunder picks them up they can not plunder your "real" productions until next day if they attack again then.

V. Aid attacker.
If you cannot stop them from attacking with any methods and you are lazy or to busy
and cant collect on time, another option is to aid attacker, some
attackers will only plunder those that do not aid them, but some will, so its very situational.

VI. Disconnect all buildings
One of the worst methods. Do only use if you plan to suspend playing for a time, for any reason. This will make all building idle and idle buildings
cannot be plundered as they are "switched off".

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Emberguard

VI. Disconnect all buildings
One of the worst methods. Do only use if you plan to suspend playing for a time, for any reason. This will make all building idle and idle buildings
cannot be plundered as they are "switched off".

Good Luck!
While it’s true disconnecting means you can’t be plundered, for this game if you’re suspending playing for a long time (and coming back) it’s better to leave the productions connected for three reasons
(1) then you have something to collect once you come back. If you disconnect you’ve lost all that time doing nothing and gaining nothing
(2) you’ll be removed from the hood after a week of inactivity anyway. After that your plunderers can’t even touch your city
(3) all your 24 hr timers will be synced up again

Freshmeboy

Grandmaster, your one post ahould be required reading for every new player....Good job. That's what this forum is for...

Salsuero

(1) then you have something to collect once you come back. If you disconnect you’ve lost all that time doing nothing and gaining nothing

This presumes that you haven't disconnected after everything has reached collection ready. You would simply come back to an entirely ready town if you disconnected at that point.

(3) all your 24 hr timers will be synced up again

...and your timers would be in sync once you do that collection.

Vger

This presumes that you haven't disconnected after everything has reached collection ready. You would simply come back to an entirely ready town if you disconnected at that point.
But if you do that, you give up 1 complete production cycle on every one of your buildings (including ones that can't be plundered).
If you have time to disconnect, you have time to collect.
And if you collect rather than disconnect, anything that isn't plundered while you are away puts you ahead of where you would be had you just disconnected.

Emberguard

Already thought of that.

If everything’s ready to collect you lose nothing by collecting and allow the next production to start producing. By disconnecting you gain nothing and lose everything that the absence could of produced

DeletedUser40061

Being plundered multiple times on half of my cities, iam learning to set pickup times at various intervals. I also set my external timer to keep track. As with friending, people can unfriend you for slightest infraction. Someone dropped me because he didnt like my winter pyramid.. another person ended friendship because he was tired of getting nothing except being aided.

DeletedUser41158

I plunder people on a daily basis... I go through the list and attack the same people everyday. Way I look at it if you cannot handle it then find another game!

Salsuero

If you have time to disconnect, you have time to collect.

That depends on how you collect. For me, if it only takes disconnecting one or two roads, that's WAY faster than collection... because I collect using the quests and that's time-consuming. But if I disconnect a fully collectable town, I can come back and resume it exactly the way I always do... not skip or refactor certain quests because some buildings were plundered while I was away. Also, you can't collect more FPs than your bar allows, so collection involves having to figure out and go through the process of spending those FPs before I can collect more. And no -- spending diamonds to collect is just silly to me when I can just disconnect and come back to a normal collection effort when I'm ready.

But if you do that, you give up 1 complete production cycle on every one of your buildings (including ones that can't be plundered).

And if you collect rather than disconnect, anything that isn't plundered while you are away puts you ahead of where you would be had you just disconnected.

Already thought of that.

If everything’s ready to collect you lose nothing by collecting and allow the next production to start producing. By disconnecting you gain nothing and lose everything that the absence could of produced

Why does it matter if you're taking an extended break? You are disconnecting anyways. Leaving it connected will just let people plunder you and once people realize you're not collecting, the word can even spread. Remember... the clock doesn't restart after plunder on its own. You have to "reset" the plundered building manually. So, if you're not there to do it, you lose that collection anyways. Yes, maybe you'll still have other stuff to collect, but I'd argue that the pleasure in coming back to a fully-functioning town vs. one that has been plundered several times is not something to be overlooked. Coming back, building a road, and collecting a FULL town is much more desirable in my opinion to one that has been plundered several times. I never said it was a "good" idea. I simply said this is an "option" if you're going to disconnect anyways... which you'd only do if you're leaving the game.

Last edited:

Algona

What does it matter if you get plundered during that time? By disconnecting you’re giving yourself the worst possible outcome before anything’s even happened.

Read the last couple lines of Sal's last post. Sal is playing debate games, not making a game recommendation.

Otherwise omitting mentioning how stupid disconnecting Arc is and that the majority of players have the capability to collect using mobile would be reprehensible in an advice thread.