• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[FAQ] Help, I am being plundered!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

DeletedUser31499

Having a good offense can also be your best defense against being plundered. The city attacker troops have a big advantage against the city defenders. With 245/145 attach bonus I can defeat city defense's with 64/700 bonus, same age troops.

I see so many cities where the offensive GBs have not been leveled but a few levels. Get your attack up to snuff. Beat all 64 encounters of GE by fighting... and when you get attacked and plundered... return the favor. It works wonders.

Salsuero

What does it matter if you get plundered during that time?

I already explained why it might matter... multiple times.

By disconnecting you’re giving yourself the worst possible outcome before anything’s even happened.

Depending on what is most important to you, that may be true. However, I'm not advocating for leaving the game... or disconnecting one way or the other. I'm simply saying... if someone is here for advice, they probably don't like being plundered. There's a way to not be plundered called "disconnecting your town" and my thought on THAT "strategy" is that some folks don't like being plundered... even when on vacation. You don't have to think I'm making sense. It's not about making sense if you're interest is solely in maximizing your collection. Some folks prefer not to give anything to aggressive neighbors. Some people don't like the negative morale of coming back to a plundered town. And some people want to be able to stick to their routine when it comes to collection. It is what it is.

Sal is playing debate games, not making a game recommendation.

That's not entirely true. While I'm not recommending disconnecting at all... IF that is what someone's going to do, I can understand some of the motivation behind them doing so and I'm offering reasons why they might not want to collect BEFORE disconnecting. I wouldn't exactly call what I'm saying a "debate game" though. I'm being serious.

DeletedUser30312

Being plundered multiple times on half of my cities, iam learning to set pickup times at various intervals. I also set my external timer to keep track. As with friending, people can unfriend you for slightest infraction. Someone dropped me because he didnt like my winter pyramid.. another person ended friendship because he was tired of getting nothing except being aided.

Sounds like people I wouldn't miss on my list.

grandmaster ubero

Regarding "Era-Trolls" and Plunder
I'd like to comment on this topic as its related to plunder very much.
The first era of FoE as i see it, was designed to be relatively easy, short and not to costly to manage, because new players do not have much resources and strong military to push fast in the game, unless spending massive amount of diamonds right away.

The first age or era in FoE IMO is similar to a "starting platform" or kinda "test platform" for those that start playing so that they can test the game out and see if they like it, and those that do, can then move on and expand their city and "empire", this was and still is one the main intended purposes with the game. Fight and expand your empire (your city is included in this obviously)!

Now, some of these new players are unsure and have little ability to defend initially as it takes time to build up defenses and a military to strike back so they are easy game for any veteran who camps in lowest age due to them generally having vastly stronger military both attack and defense (some may have little or no city defense but don't count on it). IMO The purpose of the lowest era is not for this platform to be used for veteran players to camp, and certainly not intended at all, for the sole reason so they can stomp on any new player they see just for their own amusement, and to the detriment to innogames by reducing the new player base and potentially hurting them financially.

If Innogames want to allow them "Era-Trolls" or "First Age-Bullies" to hang around, you have to find ways to fight back, so what can a total new player be expected to possibly then do, to fight back against these veteran overpowered trolls that hangs around in the first age for years?

Id like to answer that question, maybe it can help some new players understand why they are being attacked and how to react and act.

1. Focus on moving up to the next era or age, as soon as possible, but do not rush it to much, make sure you have the resources to move up then make the move. If you leave the lowest age you will avoid the lowest era bullies or "trolls" for sure.This is the best option but not the fastest.

2. Do not lash out, complaining will not hurt the attacker, it will give them fuel to attack you even more! Do not feed the "Trolls"! :)
Be patient and calm. Over the long run you will overcome them, even if you suffer some losses, with proper collection scheme you will get the resources eventually to move up an age. Everyone started as a weakling in this game, those that prosper are those that are able to have the virtues you need to survive.

3. Most attackers attack same time every day, set your production about 1 hour before they usually attack, even if they win they will have to hang around for
23 hours then for a shot at plunder.

4. Set only 24 hours productions and use a app or kitchen timer.

5. If you just started out, another option is to move on to the newest server and world in the game, you will not find any multi year campers there hanging around the earliest age attacking new players and "bullying" them! This is very effective but a very drastic measure, you may have to abandon an already established city to do this one.

6. Until Innogames allows new players to buy a "Do-Not-attack-Me-Forever"-Shield for diamonds (when hell freezes over?) you can try and max out friends and use taverns "City shield" but for new players i doubt this is is a good option, its just to expensive for them, they would not be able to use it very often, to say the least.

I know there are ideas floating around about allowing players to buy "Peace Treaty" that will allow a player to never be attacked or attack other players ("PVP" or Player vs. Player) as this is and have always been a Battle game in principle, such a thing would violate one of the games fundamental principles, so i don't see such a item to ever be tested or released on all servers, it simply goes against everything the game is about, it's not a city building pacifist game it's a War game with city building & management functions, not the other way around, until new players realize this and accept this you will continue to have people complaining and leaving the game in the early stages sadly cause they simple do not understand the purpose of the game and how it works.

Freshmeboy

Sorry, Grandmaster its not a WAR game..it's an empire building game with war as an aspect ...war has historically been a part of every empires' domination but not the only part....It's called Forge of Empires, not Battle or War of Empires...

mamboking053

3. Most attackers attack same time every day, set your production about 1 hour before they usually attack, even if they win they will have to hang around for
23 hours then for a shot at plunder.

4. Set only 24 hours productions and use a app or kitchen timer.

If you are not on often than the 24 hr collects is for you. If you are really active than you should continue with 8 hr productions because even if they plunder, you still produce more than you would have with a single 24hr production. Also, if you are active you can be on to collect when they finish and it's very hard to snipe within that window.

Jern2017

I didn't bother to read past the part at the beginning of your post where you referred to people who camp in an age and fight as "bullies".

What makes you think new players should be on the same level as people who have played the game longer and simply decided to stay in a certain era longer? It makes perfect sense that such players will not have a strong military, high level GBs, goods, FP and medals stock etc.

There are people who whine and complain about this and are always at the bottom of the neighborhood and there are people who learn from more advanced players and work on developing their city.

mamboking053

Sorry, Grandmaster its not a WAR game..it's an empire building game with war as an aspect ...war has historically been a part of every empires' domination but not the only part....It's called Forge of Empires, not Battle or War of Empires...

People get PISSED when you snipe or plunder them, but the weird part is that they seem to think it's against the rules or something. You can make friends and be sociable, but this is still a competitive game and I'm more like the Mongol's than Mr. Rogers when it comes to neighbors.

DeletedUser37581

I must be leading a charmed life. In 4 different worlds, I've never encountered these era-troll bullies. And I don't mean I've been able to avoid being plundered - my cities are rarely attacked even when young and vulnerable.

DeletedUser40527

The purpose of the lowest era is not for this platform to be used for veteran players to camp, and certainly not intended at all, for the sole reason so they can stomp on any new player they see just for their own amusement, and to the detriment to innogames by reducing the new player base and potentially hurting them financially.
The lowest era is Stone/Bronze age. You cannot attack or BE attacked by other players in this age. You must be in iron age in order to be attacked, and then only if you have researched Military Tactics which is near the end of the iron age tech tree.

Emberguard

The lowest era is Stone/Bronze age. You cannot attack or BE attacked by other players in this age. You must be in iron age in order to be attacked, and then only if you have researched Military Tactics which is near the end of the iron age tech tree.
Yeah. It used to be the case of being attackable in Bronze Age.

I think it’s more of a problem that it was moved to Iron Age without a tutorial then it is that you can get plundered. I found the feature quite intuitive to figure out when I started playing -BUT- that was when it was available straight away. It’d be nice if it had some sort of tutorial or brief mention when unlocking the tech just to bring attention to what it is.

I must be leading a charmed life. In 4 different worlds, I've never encountered these era-troll bullies. And I don't mean I've been able to avoid being plundered - my cities are rarely attacked even when young and vulnerable.
yeah and I’ve found the same even on my worst cities that don’t have any advanced GBs at all and are in the bottom half of the hood. There’s very few plunderers. When there are regular plunderers it’d usually only one or two at a time and that shouldn’t even effect a city

People get PISSED when you snipe or plunder them, but the weird part is that they seem to think it's against the rules or something. You can make friends and be sociable, but this is still a competitive game and I'm more like the Mongol's than Mr. Rogers when it comes to neighbors.
Totally. And that’s the ridiculous part, they try to claim moral highground while spiting and cursing those playing the game that they signed up to. NPCs take far more in negotiations

Salsuero

I didn't start playing this game with the goal of remaining at the bottom of my neighborhood. Even though I didn't know how to play the game when I started, I learned and got better. I didn't complain that people who knew how to play were doing so. I just took things in stride and worked to get to a point where I wasn't a basement dweller. If you can't do this, perhaps your empire is the kind that "should" fail. Not all empires in history were successful, after all. You can either be predator or prey... the choice is yours. That's what makes this a "game" and not just an "already finished with little to no effort".

DeletedUser41411

When a player makes many requests of another not to attack, then the player who insists on attacking is a bully.

DeletedUser41411

When a player makes many requests of another not to attack, then the player who insists on attacking is a bully. Look at the city of the individual, usually well developed. They are punks with a chip on their shoulder and to prove it they attack and plunder. The game does not require them to do it they have the choice to plunder or go learn a new technology. Providing that they have not spent all the spare change they have to buy diamonds then they should be able to go and learn.

DeletedUser

When a player makes many requests of another not to attack, then the player who insists on attacking is a bully. Look at the city of the individual, usually well developed. They are punks with a chip on their shoulder and to prove it they attack and plunder. The game does not require them to do it they have the choice to plunder or go learn a new technology. Providing that they have not spent all the spare change they have to buy diamonds then they should be able to go and learn.
Ain't no chip on my shoulder. I just like the occasional plunder outing.

Emberguard

When a player makes many requests of another not to attack, then the player who insists on attacking is a bully.
well no. Making a request in and of itself doesn’t determine whether or not something is bullying. I could make many requests that you hand over all your FPs and goods. That doesn’t make you a bully for not giving me free FPs and goods.

Likewise you asking someone not to play the game doesn’t make them a bully for playing the game that you signed up to.

here’s the thing. Even with a brand new city that’s never spent on diamonds and hasn’t got an advantage I still get the “don’t plunder me” messages.

And as to developed or not developed cities, some players never bother to develop their cities no matter how far up the ages they go. That’s their choice not to develop. If they need help they should be asking for help instead of a free pass. I don’t know of any game you sign up and that’s not consent to playing with an opponent in a opponent based game. It’s not normal for an opponent to have to ask before they attack each time

I take no issue with players choosing not to actively use a section of the game. However by signing upto the game you’re drinking from the same cup. There’s no moral high ground to claim here that’d allow you to say others are bullying based purely on whether they attack your city and plunder

Last edited:

DeletedUser36572

Your poor attempt to virtue signal, is like an attempt to wakeboard in a prom dress ... It may be good for a few laughs, but that’s about all it’s worth.

Lost A Shoe

DeletedUser

Speaking for myself, I don't mind the occasional plunder. I lost 10 Ebony today to a player with 8 iron age ballistas. No problem, good job. I'm curious to come back at him/her with 8 ballistas of my own. Ballista throwdown :)

The objection comes when you pick up a career plunderer. I have one guy (advanced GBs, rogue 6:2 army, 141% attack bonus) that attacks me every day at the same time (+/- 2 minutes) and then waits for any resources to become available. I've had him plunder me 36 hours AFTER attacking me. (No joke: I have the logs to prove it). So much for "Collect your goods on time." Personally, I think it's just a bot.

I think Inno has an opportunity here. I would gladly pay 50 or 100 diamonds to block this one guy on this one world from attacking my city. I bet a lot of other targets of his would as well. Has it ever been proposed?
Not something you can propose, since it alters the plundering system and it involves Diamonds. However, there is a City Shield that you can buy in the Friends Tavern.