• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[FAQ] Help, I am being plundered!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

Ta 152H

Thanks for your reply. I am already pass 10. I have 5 cities with some of these GBs at level 13. I have looked at the stats when watching a playback. I sometimes work on ones I feel are good for offense. I have other things down that help. I just seems the best way is putting up the shield on the tavern. I think a lot of players do this. Again thanks I will work on them.

I'm not sure whether it is feasible to get it, but Arctic Orangery can also help on defense, if the units attacking are the same age. It can be devastating.

Also, make sure you tune your defense to the type of units this guy is attacking with, if it's pretty much the same every day. And as others have said, put down the ritual flames and watchfires. By themselves, not too effective, with Deal Castle and St. Basil, they can be very effective.

mamboking053

I understand about being attracted and plundered. One of my cities had 15 or more attacking at different times of the day. Could not make anything. I would set it for something they may not what. The question I have is about two great buildings : Cathedral of St Basil and
Deal Castle that are for defense. I have put them down leveled them but they seem to be no good for defense. Am I correct in thinking I have wasted my time with these buildings?

What age are you in and do you have any GB's besides those two?

Queen53

I’m in Oceanic Future. Three cities are done with research two half way thru. Two cities are in the ocean map the others are still in Arctic map. I will fight the map unless because of a quest. Monastery, tiger’s den, RITUAL FLAMES, WATCH FIRES and what comes with sets buildings

MY GBs are:

Zeus all 12 or 13

Tower of Babel all

Lighthouse of Alexandria all

Hagia Sophia all

Cathedral of Aachen all 15 or 17

St Mark’s Basilica all

Cathedral of St Basil all 15 to 17

Castel Del Monte all 20 to 25

Deal Castle all 15 to 17

Frauenkirche of Dresden all

Royal Albert Hall all

Capitol all

Chateau Frontenac all 20 to 25

Alcatraz all 15 to 20

The Habitat 4

Cape Canaveral all

Innovation Tower all

Dynamic Tower 4

The Arc 3

Orangery 2 10 to 11

Atlantis Museum 1

KRAKEN 2 5

Temple of Relics all

OBSERVATORY all
The cities that are attracted the most do have the orangery and the Kraken

mamboking053

I’m in Oceanic Future. Three cities are done with research two half way thru. Two cities are in the ocean map the others are still in Arctic map. I will fight the map unless because of a quest. Monastery, tiger’s den, RITUAL FLAMES, WATCH FIRES and what comes with sets buildings

Oh, ok. I thought you were relatively new like me, lol.

I didn't think being attacked would be a problem up at that point, except, maybe, in the GVG.

Queen53

I guess the main thing I what to know is what do I do to defend myself. Being attacked is not a problem it is being plundered 15 times a day. Other wise it does not bother me. I am use to it. I have been playing this game for some time. And I have also done GVG without help. Thanks for reply.

Agent327

You can not defend yourself against attackers with a high bonus. Even with a high defense you have to be lucky you have the right units, to win one fight. After that they come back with different units and you are screwed again.

Ta 152H

I have Monastery, tiger’s den, RITUAL FLAMES, WATCH FIRES and what comes with sets buildings in any space I have. (Need more SPACE)

Monastery has to go, replace it with watchfires and ritual flames. Tiger's den too, unless you need the happiness.

Hit them back, and plunder them.

What is your defense, both the attack bonus and defense bonus? What level is your AO? Are you getting attacked by units of your age?

Algona

What are your cities defensive boosts? What are the attacker's boosts?

What's being plundered? Set pieces? Goods, Special, mundane buildings?

DeletedUser31882

I understand about being attracted and plundered. One of my cities had 15 or more attacking at different times of the day. Could not make anything. I would set it for something they may not what. The question I have is about two great buildings : Cathedral of St Basil and
Deal Castle that are for defense. I have put them down leveled them but they seem to be no good for defense. Am I correct in thinking I have wasted my time with these buildings?

I second most of the advice already given.

I'd say the GBs can be good, but require support from Watchfires, Ritual of Flames and/or other defense granting buildings to give your defense a chance at pushing back on an ambitious plunderer. It also depends on the ATK/DEF% of the attacker. I assume most dedicated Plunderers will have 90+%Atk/Def, so a the 60+%Atk/Def from DC/StB will have to be supplemented just to remain even with attackers. Add Rogues/Traz to the plunderer toolbelt, and my assumption is the defender needs to double their def in comparison to the attacker to begin reliably thwarting breaches.

I second Algona & TA152H's questions, as that information can help everyone give advice to help improve your specific situation.

Queen53

I thank all that have responded. I stopped making goods as can never get them, Palaces and other special builds are big targets. The ones that I found that attached are: 79,153,523 attack 284 defense 183 second one 24,652014 attack 96 defense 214. Mine 10,817788 attack 96 defense 214 This city is not that old compared to the other ones I have. So I am not in a good place.

DeletedUser35211

This is probably the single most common thing that people ask about on the forum. There are several ways to address it, depending on what you are looking for:

What are some strategies to minimize my chances of getting plundered?

There is no way to eliminate the chance of being plundered, but to minimize it you can:​
  • Schedule your production times so you can collect right after they finish. You can only be plundered when you have uncollected items in your city, so this is by far the best method.
  • Run multiple short productions; you can only be plundered once per player per 24 hours, so if you can't collect on time, this will at least minimize your losses. You should still collect as often as possible.
  • Post the strongest defensive army you can. This won't stop players who are several ages ahead of you, but it will often deter players in your age or lower.
  • Send a friend invite to your attacker. You can't attack friends, so if they accept this will make you safe. Implicitly you are promising to aid your friend regularly, and if you don't you will probably get dropped from their friends list and become subject to attack again.
  • Offer to contribute a few FP (per day, per week, or just once) to the attacker's Great Buildings. This may be a smaller price than the plundering losses, and also gives you a chance to receive rewards for the Great Building donations.
  • Try to join the guild of the player who is attacking you. You can't attack fellow guild members. Do be aware of any guild policies in the guild you want to join.
  • Join a guild that has some powerful cities in your neighborhood. Many guilds will try to protect their members by threatening to plunder people who have plundered one of their own. (On the other hand, some guilds try to plunder people in other guilds that they are at 'war' with, so this could make you a target; talk to someone in the guild about your situation first.)
Being plundered makes me angry, can you help me feel better?

You certainly have my sympathy, especially if you are being plundered by a player much more advanced than you. It is unpleasant to be stuck in a neighborhood with aggressive advanced players. But you will probably be rotated out of this neighborhood before too long. Over the long run, things tend to even out. You'll find yourself in easy neighborhoods sometimes too.

In the meantime, take advantage of high-age players in your neighborhood. By aiding them you have the chance to get blueprints for high-age great buildings. You might see if some of them would like to trade high-age goods for forge point donations; you can earn a lot of goods that way. If you have a lot of high-age players, there's a good chance a few will be using two spears as a defensive army. You can beat that, and a single plunder from a high-age building can make up for all your losses from being attacked.

Added: The new (January 2017) neighborhood rules modify this a bit; you should no longer find yourself in a hood with far advanced players. But there will be players an age ahead of you, and players with much stronger attack bonuses than you. That is still frustrating, but a strong defensive army is likely to impose some losses on your attacker, and you have the option to build up your great buildings as well.​

I am philosophically opposed to games that reward conflict and aggressive behavior. Is there any way to opt out of the player-vs-player part of the game?

No, it is an intrinsic part of the game and the developers have made it clear that they don't plan to change that. If this makes the game unpleasant for you, then your best bet might be to find a different game that doesn't have this element. Elvenar is another city-building game that doesn't have PvP fighting.​

I think it is immoral for people to plunder me, will you support me in condemning them?

No, players who plunder are playing the game as intended, and are not acting in an immoral way. No actual damage is being done to anyone, and by playing the game you are agreeing to subject yourself to its rules. Condemning someone who plunders you doesn't make any more sense than condemning a chess player for capturing your pawn.​

How do I find out who is plundering my stuff?

DeletedUser29404

I guess the main thing I what to know is what do I do to defend myself. Being attacked is not a problem it is being plundered 15 times a day. Other wise it does not bother me. I am use to it. I have been playing this game for some time. And I have also done GVG without help. Thanks for reply.
Set your collections to 24 hours and simply collect on time. Its the simplest method of discouraging attackers who visit repeatedly. Your Home Army will never "lose' units; and attackers will begin to regret attacking you if they lose 1 or 2 units, and consistently find no plunder. Additionally, change your Hone army dedenders to get better matchups vs the Attackers Army. Never leave a 216 Army as a defense, and never use Rogues as part of your City defense.

DeletedUser29404

I thank all that have responded. I stopped making goods as can never get them, Palaces and other special builds are big targets. The ones that I found that attached are: 79,153,523 attack 284 defense 183 second one 24,652014 attack 96 defense 214. Mine 10,817788 attack 96 defense 214 This city is not that old compared to the other ones I have. So I am not in a good place.
Your post is kind of confusing; the numbers you posted dont seem legitmate in the sense of realistic. Generally, at least in my disscusions with other players we express these numbers like this:
Away team: +95%A/+85%D
Home team: +40%A/+250%D
This is a written formala which accurately reflects your Cities capabilities.

DeletedUser31420

... folk who are getting repeatedly plundered are usually being snot bubbles beaten by folk more powerful. Plunderers don't waste their time on level playing fields.

And I think therein lies the fundamental problem that's got people so up-in-arms about this whole thing: if you want a snowball's chance in hell of being successful in this game, the only way to do it is to dump hundreds of dollars into it. You want watchfires/ritual flames? You want a complete blueprint set for GBs in a reasonable time frame? You have to spend your actual money to the point of possibly putting yourself in a tight spot financially. Algona, as correct as you are in what you've said, you're an exception.

You kids throw around the word bully like you think you know what it means. Attacking someone and plundering them in a game designed for such a purpose is far from bullying, it is simply superior gameplay. Pretty sure you are the one that "doesn't get it" and is getting pissed off.

My biggest issue with this game--and I suspect this aligns with surferbum's issue--is not the attacking/plundering. Because really, plundering happens so sporadically that it doesn't legitimately affect people. My biggest issue is that I'm always in a neighborhood with people who are practically invincible due to spending untold hundreds of dollars, and I get farmed along with those of us who are on par with our own advancement but don't have that kind of money. This is just a game, but the developers allow people to dump limitless amounts of money into it like they're investing in stock. The standard has shifted so drastically that those of us who play normally are being targeted by these players and blamed for "not collecting on time," "not playing right," "not understanding the game," or something equally stupid. You can understand the game and do everything humanly possible, but still be butt-f***ed on a daily basis due to unregulated pay-to-win. It's not our fault, and it honestly shouldn't be our responsibility to treat this game like a job (I saw that mentioned in someone else's comment) just so we can play at all.

So Jenny, your comment only applies in one of two situations: you're either attacking, or being attacked by, someone in your immediate point range. I will agree that it can be superior gameplay, but only if both people are evenly matched. Otherwise it's not superior gameplay; it's exploiting the pay-to-win feature.

As a general solution to the problem, I say force the advanced players (the ones with millions of points) into their own neighborhood and make them submit to the game's limitations of fighting on a level field. You know, like the rest of us. If players like surferbum are being attacked by people whose cities are nothing but special event buildings, GBs, and watchfires, then it's not unreasonable for them to be upset about the way the game is structured. As it stands, there is no effective counter-balance to this pay-to-win nonsense, and I think it's something InnoGames needs to address and fix.

DeletedUser30900

And I think therein lies the fundamental problem that's got people so up-in-arms about this whole thing: if you want a snowball's chance in hell of being successful in this game, the only way to do it is to dump hundreds of dollars into it. You want watchfires/ritual flames? You want a complete blueprint set for GBs in a reasonable time frame? You have to spend your actual money to the point of possibly putting yourself in a tight spot financially. Algona, as correct as you are in what you've said, you're an exception.

My biggest issue with this game--and I suspect this aligns with surferbum's issue--is not the attacking/plundering. Because really, plundering happens so sporadically that it doesn't legitimately affect people. My biggest issue is that I'm always in a neighborhood with people who are practically invincible due to spending untold hundreds of dollars, and I get farmed along with those of us who are on par with our own advancement but don't have that kind of money. This is just a game, but the developers allow people to dump limitless amounts of money into it like they're investing in stock. The standard has shifted so drastically that those of us who play normally are being targeted by these players and blamed for "not collecting on time," "not playing right," "not understanding the game," or something equally stupid. You can understand the game and do everything humanly possible, but still be butt-f***ed on a daily basis due to unregulated pay-to-win. It's not our fault, and it honestly shouldn't be our responsibility to treat this game like a job (I saw that mentioned in someone else's comment) just so we can play at all.

So Jenny, your comment only applies in one of two situations: you're either attacking, or being attacked by, someone in your immediate point range. I will agree that it can be superior gameplay, but only if both people are evenly matched. Otherwise it's not superior gameplay; it's exploiting the pay-to-win feature.

As a general solution to the problem, I say force the advanced players (the ones with millions of points) into their own neighborhood and make them submit to the game's limitations of fighting on a level field. You know, like the rest of us. If players like surferbum are being attacked by people whose cities are nothing but special event buildings, GBs, and watchfires, then it's not unreasonable for them to be upset about the way the game is structured. As it stands, there is no effective counter-balance to this pay-to-win nonsense, and I think it's something InnoGames needs to address and fix.
I give you the best joke of the month title:)

DeletedUser31592

So, you've raced to PME in a little over a year, still not reaching 1M ranking points, no GBs past CA, and you are complaining that your problems are due to other people spending money?

It has nothing to do with racing tech, not advancing your GBs, and overall not developing your city properly. It is definitely all because the other people spent money. :rolleyes:

My newest city- opened November 2017. So, 9 months old now. 512K ranking points. ZERO above era GBs. Just aged into LMA a week ago. ZERO real life dollars spent. While these numbers aren't really impressive (512K points in 9 months, or 512K points for LMA), when you factor in no above-era GBs, they start to look better. So, your city, 6ish months older than mine, 5 eras above mine, doesn't even have double the ranking points. THAT is a problem with YOUR game play. Not your peers and their spending.

(Need to get through GE before planting my CdM, but space is cleared out for it.) Also, I just aged up 8 days ago, so it is still being 'renovated', hence the mix of houses.
zorksog.JPG

ZGBs.JPG

DeletedUser35712

And I think therein lies the fundamental problem that's got people so up-in-arms about this whole thing: if you want a snowball's chance in hell of being successful in this game, the only way to do it is to dump hundreds of dollars into it.
Or camp in any age and then get an arc. Seriously, this game doesn't require money to become successful. If you want to progress much faster, then maybe some diamonds could do the trick, but if you play slow and steady, you'll win. Unless if you really care about being #1 in a world, then money doesn't matter. Heck, one player on this forum got #3 in his world just by camping in HMA and being one of the first to get an arc to level 80

You want watchfires/ritual flames? You want a complete blueprint set for GBs in a reasonable time frame?
Most players just accumulate a bunch of watchfires from playing the game for a long time, not because they blew a bunch of diamonds. Ritual flames can be acquired through GE. BPs aren't even that hard. Heck, on Cirgard, I started a city there and in less than 48 hours, without spending any money, I got a Lighthouse of Alexandria. (Guild hop and take trades is my advice). Don't just blame non-spending players who understand the underlying mechanics of the game as diamond users.

You have to spend your actual money to the point of possibly putting yourself in a tight spot financially.
Nope, you don't. Unless if you want to cruise through being #1 in a new world, that is never the case.

My biggest issue with this game--and I suspect this aligns with surferbum's issue--is not the attacking/plundering. Because really, plundering happens so sporadically that it doesn't legitimately affect people.
Alright, some resemblance of a nugget of reason in this long-winded rant that fails to align with reality.

My biggest issue is that I'm always in a neighborhood with people who are practically invincible due to spending untold hundreds of dollars, and I get farmed along with those of us who are on par with our own advancement but don't have that kind of money.
Maybe it's because you don't Heavy Quest, have an adequate friends list, or not have strong GBs that you should have built up instead of racing through the tech tree. Seriously, slow down and build up your GBs and don't touch the research tree for now. As I've heard from the fighters on the forum, nearly every defense can be cracked if you know how to play good.

This is just a game, but the developers allow people to dump limitless amounts of money into it like they're investing in stock. The standard has shifted so drastically that those of us who play normally are being targeted by these players and blamed for "not collecting on time," "not playing right," "not understanding the game," or something equally stupid.

What? WHAT? W H A T ? So you are saying that players who don't know how to play shouldn't be admonished by the community to play better and should be wallowing in some fake victim complex, or coddled by the developers? If you can't accept advice on how to "git gud" then you deserve the consequences for the way you play.

You can understand the game and do everything humanly possible, but still be butt-f***ed on a daily basis due to unregulated pay-to-win.
No you don't. There are specific strategies that you can do to not screw yourself over. I could tell you how to HQ, one of the best anti-plunder game strategies, but I don't know if you want to based on your attitude right now. Based on @JCera 's comment, you don't even know a lot of the basic concepts on being successful in this game. Sit down and learn. Read the guides. Read this forum. Then you will know a lot more about this game.

It's not our fault, and it honestly shouldn't be our responsibility to treat this game like a job (I saw that mentioned in someone else's comment) just so we can play at all.
Oh my goodness, the victim complex keeps on coming... You're in PME. Find a time that you are on every day (such as just before you go to sleep or something) and set 24-hour productions. You can easily just play 10 minutes a day and be successful. Now, if you can find me a job that only requires me to be there for 10 minutes a day the same time every day, let me know. Us broke university students would love that kind of job.

Except the reason why you aren't evenly matched is because you are not good. Seriously, I read the forums on posts years ago, and this game used to be that Progressive Era and Bronze Age players were in the same hood. Now, it is based on the tech tree, so there is no issue. If you don't get "evenly matched" with somebody, then it's most likely somebody didn't plan on developing their city before researching the next techs. In this case, Big Shocker... it's you.

Well, you didn't even try to make a proposal on the forums about your idea, so you had no chance of Inno accepting your idea here. Stop cloaking yourself as a victim and start learning how to get better in the forums. There is an effective counter-balance to those higher ranked players right now. It's called slow down on the tech tree and build up your Great Buildings. Camp if you need to. Also, participate in events and GE to get those special buildings.

And one last thing before I slam my head on my desk and laugh myself to death: get rid of that silly self-victimization complex.