• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Help in GBG

King Reaper VII

I am always finishing GBG with like 132 negotiations and, only like 27 fights. I might need help with fighting all of GBG. Any help will be appreciated!

RazorbackPirate

What is your age, GBs, boosts, and fighting technique? Auto, Semi-Auto, Manual? Move from one to another? What do you do in GE and how do you do it? Are you fighting in it? How far?

King Reaper VII

HMA, GBs: L7 Traz, L4 OBS, L12 Arc, L3 HC, L4 SMB, L10 Trio, L4 TOR, and L5 CF. I mostly do negos fight most of L1-L2, and nego 3-4. I always auto battle with 1 Heavy Unit and 1 artillery, and 6 rogues. Boosts: Attack 103%, Defense 156%.

Johnny B. Goode

HMA, GBs: L7 Traz, L4 OBS, L12 Arc, L3 HC, L4 SMB, L10 Trio, L4 TOR, and L5 CF. I mostly do negos fight most of L1-L2, and nego 3-4. I always auto battle with 1 Heavy Unit and 1 artillery, and 6 rogues. Boosts: Attack 103%, Defense 156%.
Are you talking about GE or GBG? Because this post indicates that it is GE, but the thread title and your first post say GBG.

In any case, I would never auto battle with Rogues using an artillery unit. Rogues will have a tendency to move forward before they are transformed, and the ones that turn into an artillery unit are then sitting ducks. The only age where I use the same regular unit with 6-7 Rogues is Future with a Hover Tank. Every other age up to that, I look at the enemy army and pick an appropriate regular unit. For example, if the enemy army is all cavalry then I use a light unit with the Rogues.

Also, you should work on raising the levels of your Trio. 103% attack is fairly low to be relying on auto battle, even in HMA.

Johnny B. Goode

In any case, I would never auto battle with Rogues using an artillery unit.
I need to amend this. While it is true in every age up to Future, it is not true in Future. If an enemy army is half or more stealth units, I will use 2 Rail Guns with 6 Rogues and auto battle. This is because Rail Guns ignore stealth and can hit flying units.

RazorbackPirate

I was talking about mainly GBG
And I asked about fighting in GE because we can compare the stats of the opposing army to the comparable attrition in GBG. In theory, he should at least be achieving the same level of boost each day in GBG as he's doing in GE weekly. I'll have time to check the actual stats later, but my gut says 27 overall in GBG compared to 16 weekly in GE seems off. I don't think attrition rises that quickly.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Autobattling with such a weak attack is the biggest problem, and with rogues makes it worse. 103 attack is pretty low for success in GBG in any era.

On the other hand a 156 defense (I'm assuming that is regular defense and not attack defense) is pretty much worthless. Focus on replacing those defense buildings with either attack or attack defense buildings unless the defense is a side effect from event buildings that give other desired benefits.

After your attack defense gets over 100, keeping it around 2/3 of your regular attack value will help a lot, since as your attrition goes up in GBG your troops will take damage, and the more they can sustain the longer they survive.