• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Help me understand 1.9 trades PLEASE

FriarTuck

I have read in this forum that a helpful Guild will offer 4th place in ARC buildup to a newbie but I have been in 4 guilds over the last two months and it has never happened. I have to assume I misunderstood the forum entries. I have struggled with the curt, sometimes pleasant, sometimes arcane guild help and THINK I know what I’m supposed to do. Please read this line by line of my thoughts and correct me when I’m wrong. I’ll use my actual ARC as an example; It is at level 8. I have donated 286 points out of the necessary 860, leaving 574 before it levels up.
1) to get someone with an ARC 1.9 to put up points I must insure that he can’t be sniped. T?F?
2) reward for first place is 95 points; An ARC 1.9 owner could place 180 (95*1.9) on my ARC
but that person would risk sniping, thereby losing points) unless I had already filled
(860-180 = 680). T?F?
3) So I need to self ad points to get 680 or enter swaps to get the points. T?F?

When I started to write this I was pretty sure I had it right but after typing it I see I left something out. The way I described it places 2,3 and 4 would not do anything.
Help and old man out by providing me some clarity. Thanks

Ebeondi Asi

1) True you must lock the position you are asking others to fill in a 1.9 thread (For you comment in players not being helpful: You need to realize every single new person is confused by 1.9 and explaining it to each of them gets tiring. I have explained it over a hundred times myself. But I ran several Arc clubs. and do not mind explaining it many times it it teaches new players how to do 1.9 (I'm not yet burned out on it. Maybe someday.)
For level 8 Arc to add FP to move to Level 9 you need 545 total from yourself, not 680
Your added FP @ 1.9 for P1 P2 will be 498 to LOCK P1 and P2 In order to have anyone in a 1.9 thread add their FPs. you should add exactly 498 no more no less for a proper lock on your Arc.
P1 @ 1.9 will pay on your Arc 181 Fp (( all 0.5 are rolled up to the next higher)) and P2 person will pay 95 FP (@ 1.9)
The idea of LOCK is you have to make certain the person adding to your GB cannot have the position stolen. Generally the best is to have the exact amount that is double what the position costs at 1.9
Also you should only lock part at a time. Do not add all te FP you will owe at the start. Add for P1 and P2 let those get filled, then do P3 then P4 and if needed then for P5 for the level on Arc you posted you r total should only need to be 545
The reason for just double and not more is also important. If too little FP is left open, then the position can be sniped. IE: a sniper can add less than the 1.9 position value and have LOCK. and nothing you can do about it.

You cannot use swap to get your FPs added.. the problem is no one will go for others adding. and it just allows snipers the best opportunity of all. Though if you lock for P1 P2 and get them filled. Then do P3, you can fill P4 p5 with other Arc print players. or use swap to do it. So you can go 1.9 first, then swap, but not swap then 1.9

The points above all to remember is donors to your GB in a 1.9 are doing you a big favor. Yes they may get some benefit too. but you have to make it right for them, 100% your corner.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

1) True
2) 181 FPs - Round up.
3) You need to add 498 FPs in total to your Arc for spots 1 and 2 to be lockable.

Once 1st and 2nd have been filled, 28 more FPs locks for 3rd (526 total), once 3rd fills, 9 FPs (535 total) locks for 4th.

PM me for a link to a handy online calculator. Forum rules won't let me post it here.

Last edited:

FriarTuck

Well, at last I understand it. So-called helpers in 4 (yes ,four) guilds made hash of it.
I'm about to post a related question on sniping--your help would be greatly appreciated.