• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Help Us Name Our New Worlds!

DeletedUser4770

newlogo1.png
Forge of Empires is growing by leaps and bounds. We need a new naming convention for new worlds as they are added. The first set was alphabetical (A-Z). We are looking for ideas for our next set. Would you suggest- double alphabet? The greek alphabet? Presidents? Muppets??? (Remember this is NOT individual world names but SETS of names.)

Place your suggestions here between now and midnight EST on February 28th. We'll promote the top three to the developers for their review and those top three will receive 500 diamonds each!

So put on your thinking caps and let's get some really creative ways to name our next set of worlds.

WINNERS:

Since these were all really good ideas, we've chosen three at random and once the developers actually chose the route for the new names, we'll let you know.

The winners are:

Daisy the Benevolent
Konrad the mediocre
Cassaundrea

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Curious why you skipped I world. I like the roman numerals like the super bowls use.

Lucifer1904

Ancient Latin Alphabet, Would look cool if was in the traditional style and I believe would draw attention to the worlds. Here is an Image of the alphabet style.

latin_archaic.gif

DeletedUser27096

Idea 1: Countries of history (meaning using the pre-20th century names of the countries, such as ): Persia (Iran), Mesopotamia (Iraq), Abyssinia (Ethiopia), Ceylon (Sri Lanka), Siam (Thailand), Gaul (France), Burma (Myanmar), Kampuchea (Cambodia) and several African countries. Many country names would stay the same, though.

Idea 2: Names of historical noble and royal houses such as Windsor, Hanover, Oldenburg, Anjou, Bourbon, Orleans, Devonshire, St. Albans, Etc.

Idea 3: Derivation of names of famous Shakespeare characters: Oberonia, Titania, Romero, Juliencia, Hamlette, Othellor, Macbethel, etc.

bomber9530

Variations on Famous Cities or Empires throughout history (both real and fictional). For example:

Rome - Romethia
Byzantine Empire - Byzantopia
Atlantis - Atlantsil
Dubai - Dubantica

(clearly I'm terrible at coming up with names, but I think the idea is still strong if done right)

DeletedUser27096

Variations on Famous Cities or Empires throughout history (both real and fictional). For example:

Rome - Romethia
Byzantine Empire - Byzantopia
Atlantis - Atlantsil
Dubai - Dubantica

(clearly I'm terrible at coming up with names, but I think the idea is still strong if done right)
Very similar to mine above...great minds :)!

DeletedUser28503

I propose no new worlds until lag is fixed in the game. If that doesn't work then my official reply is
LAG
Laggy
TotalLaggedUp
DontLagMeBro
UugeLag
AllLag
Laggies
L@G
LagWRONG
NoLag
MylittleLags
GreatBallsOfLag
Igot5LagsOnit
YepMoreLag
LovesMeSomeLag
etc...we can go on and on with the never-ending lag creators. I mean serious if lag wasn't bad enough just imagine a handful of new lag servers to brighten up the moaning in the forums and in game chat.

JC

DeletedUser27096

Completely didn't see that post. My apologies.
No worries at all...the idea is almost always better if more people add their ideas. I like yours a lot. Maybe Inno can combine the two somehow. BTW, I'm a marketing person so am pretty good with naming stuff and creating fanciful names (although my ideas above were thought of very spur-of-the-moment so I can do better). Good luck!!

DeletedUser27096

I propose no new worlds until lag is fixed in the game. If that doesn't work then my official reply is
LAG
Laggy
TotalLaggedUp
DontLagMeBro
UugeLag
AllLag
Laggies
L@G
LagWRONG
NoLag
MylittleLags
GreatBallsOfLag
Igot5LagsOnit
YepMoreLag
LovesMeSomeLag
etc...we can go on and on with the never-ending lag creators. I mean serious if lag wasn't bad enough just imagine a handful of new lag servers to brighten up the moaning in the forums and in game chat.

JC
JC, you are too funny! I personally like the "Great Balls of Lag". Even though in my new signature, I asked that we please stop talking about balls...

spnnr

Greek/roman/Norse and other old world mythology such as heroes/places or as it will reflect the turbulent nature of these worlds eg.
agartha -city at worlds core, avalon, atlantis, baltia, camelot, diyu, elysium, musphelhiem. as for the order restarting the alphabet wouldn't be a bad idea

DeletedUser28329

Or something more mundane Planets & Moons

there are 181 known natural moons orbiting planets in our Solar System.
Mercury, Venus, Earth(or Terra if you don't like Earth), Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune,
I wont bother listing the 173 moons and dwarf planets. Google can help you there.
There are some very kewl names though
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_natural_satellites