• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

High-Level Aid Efficiency

DeletedUser36326

For all of those players that can be considered “high-level” do you have any difficulties getting all the buildings that can be aided in your city aided every day?

Technically with a friends list of 140 and a guild of around 50 you should at least be able to bank on 190 aids a day. That should be suitable for anyones city. However, I have about 80 aidable buildings in my city and they don’t get motivated every day. I figured this must get worse as you age up since the top people seem to have cities with little else but event buildings.

Jern2017

I imagine a lot of people don't aid every day. Also, there's a good chance not all if your friends are active anymore. The last time I cleaned my friends list, I removed about 30 inactive players.

ODragon

Also why the event buildings are such a good deal when it comes to space efficiency. They may not always be as good as a SoK but getting what you get from them with one aid is a good deal.

DeletedUser32906

Only up to Progressive but Typically in Noarsil all my forge points producers get motivated daily. Not all my Estates and Living Quarters do but a portion of those do as well most days.

DeletedUser36624

It's really important to curate your friends list, punt those that are inactive or barely active and replace them.

Algona

CE and PME cities. Depends on configuration. I cull my Friends list weekly and check Guildies Aid activity. I don't have Guildies as Friends, a surprising number of players do.

CE city, 80 member Guild, 78 Friends Over the last five days I received 200 Aids from Friends, 200 from Guildies. More then sufficient but this city has 50 FoY / WW. When it ran a more conventional configuration while i was traveling from Guild to Guild I used a lot of Self Moti Kits and the occasional Mass Moti.

PME city. 47 member Guild, 70 Friends. Over the last five days 110 Aids from Guildies, 220 Aids from Friends. This is just barely sufficient for this city, but this city is no where near as large as or has as many motivatable buildings as my CE city.

Technically with a friends list of 140 and a guild of around 50 you should at least be able to bank on 190 aids a day.

No, even the most active players don't Aid every day.

There are some very good reasons to have players on your Friends list who do not Aid regularly.

Assuring having 140 active Friends is time intensive because once over 80 you have to recruit players with less then 80 Friends to replace inactive Friends.

I've found that 60% +/- Aid rate to be reasonable over time for planning purposes.

Emberguard

Yeah I usually don't cull until I've reached the 140 friends. Better to have the 60 partially inactive then not at all

Goth Almighty

Assuring having 140 active Friends is time intensive because once over 80 you have to recruit players with less then 80 Friends to replace inactive Friends.

How do you recruit new friends once you have sent 80 emails? A message to someone in your neighborhood, perhaps, "Send me a friend invite."? I can't see why anybody would but I would greatly appreciate learning how to increase my friends list to 140.

DeletedUser36624

Yeah I usually don't cull until I've reached the 140 friends. Better to have the 60 partially inactive then not at all
Once I've got 80 solid on my list, then I will accept people I don't carefully check out first and only boot the slackers once I'm close to 140. But I've got about a dozen still I want to replace. One guy started out great, but apparently decided he wanted a new city and only does a driveby on the old one a couple times a week. I had another who just boom stopped after being a phenomenal every day sitter, and given the great history, I waited because sometimes real life happens. Two weeks later, they were back sitting every day. Two week vacations I can deal with. Lackadaisical players can have lackadaisical friends, and I'll be an awesome friend who has awesome friends.

Emberguard

How do you recruit new friends once you have sent 80 emails? A message to someone in your neighborhood, perhaps, "Send me a friend invite."? I can't see why anybody would but I would greatly appreciate learning how to increase my friends list to 140.
(1) Plunder - it will more then triple your invites
(2) Global chat - advertise that you're looking for friends there
(3) Never tried it through PM - anything that reads "Group PM" I never even open

mamboking053

(1) Plunder - it will more then triple your invites
(2) Global chat - advertise that you're looking for friends there
(3) Never tried it through PM - anything that reads "Group PM" I never even open

Wow, that's counter-intuitive. I always avoided plundering so that people would aid me.

Emberguard

Wow, that's counter-intuitive. I always avoided plundering so that people would aid me.
If you aid daily that'll increase the amount of aid backs and from your event history you can check which ones would be best to send a friend invite

However I don't aid much. So plundering increases invites and my tavern as a consequence is nearly always full and my city motivated even though I barely aid my friendlist other then on the odd occasion.

Of course it could be massively more efficient if I tended to my friendlist daily, but it does work to plunder if you want minimal maintenance on your friendlist as many once on there will still visit/aid on occasion (especially during an event)

when I do purge my friendlist because it's full I find at least 80-90 are still aiding me - the rest are dumped and slowly replaced with new friends

My goal isn't to micro manage my friendlist - it's to to get as much oomph for as little effort as possible. Plundering achieves this

Last edited:

Emberguard

It's worth noting though that someone on the en servers has a nearly 100% success rate with their friendlist aiding them

What they do is
(1) advertise on global they're looking for active friends that both aid and tavern visit daily
(2.1) state that they will do the same
(2.2) Aid/tavern visit all friends daily
(3) send a private message to each individual player that hasn't aided for a few days reminding them that their friendship is based on mutual aiding and if they wish to remain friends then they expect to see an improvement
(4) keep a private note of every friend they've ever had and how successful they were in aiding regularly / reason for unfriending

They were so consistent both in deed and advertising that many players (without being asked) would actually start commenting on how good of a player he was to add to your friendlist whenever he popped onto global or someone else wanted to know who they should add as a friend

Also worth noting that by sending players a message prompting them to aid back it trains them to get into the habit of doing so

Last edited:

mamboking053

It's worth noting though that someone on the en servers has a nearly 100% success rate with their friendlist aiding them

What they do is
(1) advertise on global they're looking for active friends that both aid and tavern visit daily
(2.1) state that they will do the same
(2.2) Aid/tavern visit all friends daily
(3) send a private message to each individual player that hasn't aided for a few days reminding them that their friendship is based on mutual aiding and if they wish to remain friends then they expect to see an improvement
(4) keep a private note of every friend they've ever had and how successful they were in aiding regularly / reason for unfriending

They were so consistent both in deed and advertising that many players (without being asked) would actually start commenting on how good of a player he was to add to your friendlist whenever he popped onto global or someone else wanted to know who they should add as a friend

Also worth noting that by sending players a message prompting them to aid back it trains them to get into the habit of doing so

100% aiding per day should be an achievement medal. It would actually be a decent one too.

I might try this, though it does sound like a lot of work.

Mustapha00

An observation: I noticed that, unless I am much mistaken, no one mentioned counting on MoPo from those in your Neighborhood- which is entirely appropriate, given that no more than a third of them will do so (at least in my experience, whether I MoPo them or not) on a good day.

On four of my five worlds, I am experiencing no problems. About the only thing that might not get MoPo is a Supplies building, but I can live with that.

However, on my fifth world, which is the one on which I am least advanced (Progressive, I think), I am a member of a small, but terrific, Guild and have the usual passive-aggressive Neighbors. But what puzzles me is that I haven't been able to get beyond 90-ish Friends, despite posting on the World Forum here (East-Nagach, by the way) and on Global when I play on my PC (admittedly not very often). If there is a silver lining here, it's that my Friends lists members are very active, of which I am appreciative.

Volodya

An observation: I noticed that, unless I am much mistaken, no one mentioned counting on MoPo from those in your Neighborhood- which is entirely appropriate, given that no more than a third of them will do so (at least in my experience, whether I MoPo them or not) on a good day.

On four of my five worlds, I am experiencing no problems. About the only thing that might not get MoPo is a Supplies building, but I can live with that.

However, on my fifth world, which is the one on which I am least advanced (Progressive, I think), I am a member of a small, but terrific, Guild and have the usual passive-aggressive Neighbors. But what puzzles me is that I haven't been able to get beyond 90-ish Friends, despite posting on the World Forum here (East-Nagach, by the way) and on Global when I play on my PC (admittedly not very often). If there is a silver lining here, it's that my Friends lists members are very active, of which I am appreciative.
I play on E. I can't send requests, but if you send me one I'll accept it.

RazorbackPirate

That's my problem there: I'm out of Friend Invitations and have had only >one< person send me a request since I purged my list a few weeks back.
If you can get access to a browser, jump onto Global Chat and solicit friend requests. You don't have to stay on browser, just log in post your message and go back to mobile.