• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Curley Jue

@mangelwurzel: thanks!! I just arrived in the new world. my rogues behaved like pizarro. i will try to fight the frenchman in the north. but with EMA units and 190 %Attack it is very likely that i need to negotiate north and south. i will post the result. Unfortunately my camping vacation in EMA will take another two months as my arc is on 10 and shall go to 80 before next age. ..

Plunder Queen

@mangelwurzel: thanks!! I just arrived in the new world. my rogues behaved like pizarro. i will try to fight the frenchman in the north. but with EMA units and 190 %Attack it is very likely that i need to negotiate north and south. i will post the result. Unfortunately my camping vacation in EMA will take another two months as my arc is on 10 and shall go to 80 before next age. ..
I totally messed up getting Indy troops in CA so I went straight to Indy to get PME troops. Good luck!

UBERhelp1

I mean, you could always wait until you move up in age to progress on the map.

Also, if you want more diamonds, then negotiate those sectors with natives (those with Braves and Mounted Braves as units), even in the North. By not fighting them, it triggers a quest that gives diamonds.

-Sebastian-

so do u scout the first province of FE map before finishing the PME quest to get tanks?

I'm not 100% sure, but from what I understand you need to actually acquire the entire 1st FE province. By negotiating, since it's owned by Joy Danba. But I also think you might need to skip some provinces in CE and TE.

Nicholas002

I'm not 100% sure, but from what I understand you need to actually acquire the entire 1st FE province. By negotiating, since it's owned by Joy Danba. But I also think you might need to skip some provinces in CE and TE.
according to my memory of Raino YouTube's now-removed video, you only have to take at least a sector in the first province, not the whole thing.
but if you know taking the whole thing works, might as well just do that. no point risking all that work...

-Sebastian-

Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't talking about "Canada" (owned by Barthelemy Philipeaux) or "Mexico" (owned by El Hacha Gonzalez). Those are the Indy bonus provinces, and I don't think it matters whether you fight or negotiate them. I meant the "North" and "South" sides from the American Civil War, owned by President Cartwright and General Dee, respectively. Those, it does matter whether you fight or negotiate.

-Sebastian-

according to my memory of Raino YouTube's now-removed video, you only have to take at least a sector in the first province, not the whole thing.
but if you know taking the whole thing works, might as well just do that. no point risking all that work...

All I really know is that it didn't work when I took just 1 sector of the first FE province. But then, I took some of the "special" provinces in CE and TE, so maybe that was why I failed. I dunno. The guy who did it who told me what to do, said he only negotiated 1 sector in FE, but also that he took the same provinces in CE and TE that I did. So maybe he was right about the FE map, but forgot that he took a CE or TE province later? I dunno.

Ideally, we'll all try a bunch of stuff, and figure out what's absolutely necessary. The worst that can happen is that we get those hover tanks in CE instead of PME, and miss out on a few TE units and a few diamonds. :)

Viktor.

Once you skip to the FE story in PME, can you keep going and get OF units?
Yes currently im at PME with Hoover tank( i didnt get the 4 hoover tank coz there is still a trick there even you negotiate all sectors you may end up getting 1) I didnt know that Raino will delete those awesome videos about hoover tank.

Viktor.

Yes currently im at PME with Hoover tank( i didnt get the 4 hoover tank coz there is still a trick there even you negotiate all sectors you may end up getting 1) I didnt know that Raino will delete those awesome videos about hoover tank.
Right now i have surrogate and working out to finish the whole Arctic map.

Viktor.

All i can say even you only have 1 hoover they 're still OP at GbG. which you can make 3000 battles with regular camp usage. But you cant fight 8 universal and Ifv + Mg team coz it will damage your Hoover a bit will lose your continuous streak. Thats when you use your own era troops to fight with that. Hoover is great at artillery mix up or IFV +commando ( but only good at 50 attrition)

Onyxblack

All i can say even you only have 1 hoover they 're still OP at GbG. which you can make 3000 battles with regular camp usage. But you cant fight 8 universal and Ifv + Mg team coz it will damage your Hoover a bit will lose your continuous streak. Thats when you use your own era troops to fight with that. Hoover is great at artillery mix up or IFV +commando ( but only good at 50 attrition)

I've been able to auto-battle up into the 70-80 attrition range (444/307 currently)

Curley Jue

I mean, you could always wait until you move up in age to progress on the map.
thanks for this excellent guide. great like the topic as it is one of the complex aspects in a game where is some routine...
despite the guide i messed it up as i was greedy. i lost reoccuring quest slot as i negotiated Garrincton

for a day i wanted to quit but now it’s fine.

I value camping in combination with extensions that much that I run the risk to destroy the triggers.

Curley Jue

To get 5 MG teams (ranged units) from the story quests early in the PME map, you must:
  • Negotiate with Che for any sector
  • Take only one out of two of Che's provinces (Rung Chien Dau or Cai Chet Nui)
  • Take a complete province next to the provinces above
If i follow this 100% my feeling is that i can keep my option to get the MGs in INA while camping in EMA and negotiate the map up to CE and trigger the quest in INA. correct? Any hints/ warnings? I am willing to run the risk (i need space) but want to reduce it.

UBERhelp1

If i follow this 100% my feeling is that i can keep my option to get the MGs in INA while camping in EMA and negotiate the map up to CE and trigger the quest in INA. correct? Any hints/ warnings? I am willing to run the risk (i need space) but want to reduce it.
Wait. I'm confused. Are you in InA or EMA?