• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Jern2017

Great guide, @UBERhelp1!

I am nearing the end of the AF questline and it appears I will be able to research two technologies for the OF questline. I was surprised at how many AF units you get from quests, I'm currently at 24!

UBERhelp1

Higher Age Units Guide v1.02
  • Updated information to be more clear
  • Formatting changes for easier understanding of information
  • Updated EMA troop information (there were some errors)
  • Other small changes

Lando6

Awesome guide. A little daunting though. I'm planning on making a run from PE to CE and then progressing the questline up to the very beginning of OF. I did a little math (by little, I mean about a day's worth) and found that I'm gonna need a staggering amount of goods to accomplish this feat. I plan to fight most all of CE and TE, and then will negotiate with FE and AF since I have once less tech than I really need. With that being said, I'm coming up with around 11k TE, 15k FE, and 37k AF goods. I'm hoping to connect with some generous guildmates to get all of these, but I'm sure I'll have to fork over some FPs for them. We'll see. I'm planning now, so when I decide to jump in a couple months, I'll be ready.

UBERhelp1

Wait, does this mean I have no way of skipping The King of the Desert quest?

I am in PME, I completed " The End of this Chapter " by researching the last two techs in PME. I currently have Sheilk's Country story quest (CE) and have only taken Amaryah City province. Was I meant to have not completed " The End of this Chapter " and just go ahead in the map until I hit future era map to skip it??
No one really knows. If you want to try and take the first FE province and then continue on the story quests, go ahead.

Awesome guide. A little daunting though. I'm planning on making a run from PE to CE and then progressing the questline up to the very beginning of OF. I did a little math (by little, I mean about a day's worth) and found that I'm gonna need a staggering amount of goods to accomplish this feat. I plan to fight most all of CE and TE, and then will negotiate with FE and AF since I have once less tech than I really need. With that being said, I'm coming up with around 11k TE, 15k FE, and 37k AF goods. I'm hoping to connect with some generous guildmates to get all of these, but I'm sure I'll have to fork over some FPs for them. We'll see. I'm planning now, so when I decide to jump in a couple months, I'll be ready.
Yeah, negotiating costs are pretty crazy. Remember though that you don't need all of those AF goods right away, it will take a long time to scout all the provinces on the way, so you do have more time. Something I'm learning right now as I trade down goods for the cMap is that TE goods are really hard to come by, but FE and AF goods aren't too bad. I don't need nearly as many goods (and no AF), but what I did was buy an SC set and trade SAAB-AF, 1:2, and then from AF-FE, 1:2. However, those TE goods are being a real pain. No one stays in TE long (most just skip it) and the TE GB aren't that great.

The Fire Lord

Thanks for writing this! I'll go through my notes and see if there's anything useful I can add...

Also, regarding hover tanks in PME, I failed the first time I tried, when I left one CE province unscouted, took all of the TE provinces, and took 1 sector of the first FE province. I've got a second experiment in progress; an Iron Age city where I'm working on the last 3 TE provinces, and then it's off to FE. I've gotten everything on the map except 1 province in Indy (Las Penas), to avoid triggering the Indy Bonus Quest. I was thinking of just acquiring all provinces plus the first FE province, but that was just a guess on my part. Do you have other ideas, about leaving various provinces unscouted, or scouted but unacquired? Thanks again!
Do you thing you can hit the FE map in the IA?

Lando6

I believe it is possible to go that far even in the Iron Age, but that's gonna severely drain your goods and take a very long time. You are very limited in IA unless you've been camping their for a long time (i.e. more than a year).

P.S. Uber: I noticed when you start to scout a place you can either pay coins and then pay diamonds to speed it up. Do you know if 50 diamonds is standard across all maps/provinces? If I was really in a pinch, I could just do that to save time. That'll get a bit expensive though. Assuming it's 50 per province, that would be 2k diamonds just for AF, but that would speed things up by more that 80 days!

UBERhelp1

I believe it is possible to go that far even in the Iron Age, but that's gonna severely drain your goods and take a very long time. You are very limited in IA unless you've been camping their for a long time (i.e. more than a year).

P.S. Uber: I noticed when you start to scout a place you can either pay coins and then pay diamonds to speed it up. Do you know if 50 diamonds is standard across all maps/provinces? If I was really in a pinch, I could just do that to save time. That'll get a bit expensive though. Assuming it's 50 per province, that would be 2k diamonds just for AF, but that would speed things up by more that 80 days!
Yes, it is always 50 diamonds per scouting, no matter the time left. It would be pretty expensive, and honestly if you have the hovers you will probably be fine in terms of units for a while. I wouldn't rush the AF/OF ones.

UBERhelp1

what path should you take for future? I already negotiated joy, what do you do next?
In FE, follow what the story quests tell you to do.

And you can reach any age's map in any age, it just costs a lot to get there when that age is far in advance. Unless we figure out a way to skip the story questline blockers in lower ages (and testing IS being done to figure that out), then there isn't much of a point except for expansions.

ODragon

With respect, as it is your guide, I'm curious why the TE information hasn't been added.

We now know (thanks to post 91) exactly where combat drones come from and how to get them.

UBERhelp1

With respect, as it is your guide, I'm curious why the TE information hasn't been added.

We now know (thanks to post 91) exactly where combat drones come from and how to get them.
Sorry for not following up on it. Thanks for the reminder.

Are you talking story or side quest for the combat drones? I have CD listed as troops you can get through the story quest (2 of them), so did you get more?
In total, the player can gain ..., and 2 Combat Drones (fast units).

ODragon

Sorry for not following up on it. Thanks for the reminder.

Are you talking story or side quest for the combat drones? I have CD listed as troops you can get through the story quest (2 of them), so did you get more?

Story quest... Maybe I don't understand your point for this thread or maybe I'm doing things wrong. I've fought 8/13 of the maps and I'll I've gotten is 2 Combat Dones. My error lost me 2 Anti-Material Snipers in the first sector and 3 recurring quests.

My point is, I thought this thread would be able telling you how and when side quests (or story) quests will be open and what caused it. Unless I happed to pick all but 1 of the wrong sectors on my way to Future, I'm guessing maybe I should have negotiated. I don't want to see people make the same mistakes I did but if the thread is only going to say "hey, you can get these" without explaining how, what's the point?

Map.jpg

I feel like there is a second story quest that I haven't opened yet and I'm not sure how I missed it. It looks like a new Story Line (or section I wasn't offered) starts with "Goodbye, Comandante!", it says "Good. You control Villariba, Villabaja and Itabarai. You stripped Comandante Viroz of all his power. He is powerless now, a pathetic leftover from a failed regime." I only have 1 of 3 of those sectors mentioned but then again, I don't have an active story quest so who knows if completing those 2 will add the quest or not (2nd set of anti-material snipers).

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Story quest... Maybe I don't understand your point for this thread or maybe I'm doing things wrong. I've fought 8/13 of the maps and I'll I've gotten is 2 Combat Dones. My error lost me 2 Anti-Material Snipers in the first sector and 3 recurring quests.

My point is, I thought this thread would be able telling you how and when side quests (or story) quests will be open and what caused it. Unless I happed to pick all but 1 of the wrong sectors on my way to Future, I'm guessing maybe I should have negotiated. I don't want to see people make the same mistakes I did but if the thread is only going to say "hey, you can get these" without explaining how, what's the point?

View attachment 17283

I feel like there is a second story quest that I haven't opened yet and I'm not sure how I missed it. It looks like a new Story Line (or section I wasn't offered) starts with "Goodbye, Comandante!", it says "Good. You control Villariba, Villabaja and Itabarai. You stripped Comandante Viroz of all his power. He is powerless now, a pathetic leftover from a failed regime." I only have 1 of 3 of those sectors mentioned but then again, I don't have an active story quest so who knows if completing those 2 will add the quest or not (2nd set of anti-material snipers).
I think that both you and I are misunderstanding the other. What I tell the player to do if they are following the story quests is to only scout/take provinces when asked to, not before. I indicate where you should fight ("On the TE cMap, be sure to fight sectors of Torrinhos. This will yield additional troops, namely 2 Anti-Materiel Snipers (ranged units) and 2 Ultra AP (light units)").

Also, by following the story quests you should have received 4 Microwave Blasters from said quests before even taking Torrinhos completely. If you didn't, I don't know what you did.

Maybe by skipping the provinces you did kept you from triggering the other questline. I'd try taking those sectors and seeing what happens.

ODragon

Maybe by skipping the provinces you did kept you from triggering the other questline. I'd try taking those sectors and seeing what happens.

Hence why this thread needs to be a lot more detailed... And why I am posting the specifics I am.

UBERhelp1

Hence why this thread needs to be a lot more detailed... And why I am posting the specifics I am.
I'm doing the best I can with the info I've got. And until we have people test all the different ways of taking TE sectors, we won't know exactly what sequence triggers all the quests. Unless Inno changed the quests, their order, and/or their triggers, then the tips I gave (scout/take sectors only as directed, fight Torrinhos) should give you all the troops.

So let me ask some questions. More may follow depending on your answers.
  1. What age are you in right now?
  2. Did you work ahead on the provinces, or only scout/take them as directed by story quests?

ODragon

I'm doing the best I can with the info I've got. And until we have people test all the different ways of taking TE sectors, we won't know exactly what sequence triggers all the quests. Unless Inno changed the quests, their order, and/or their triggers, then the tips I gave (scout/take sectors only as directed, fight Torrinhos) should give you all the troops.

So let me ask some questions. More may follow depending on your answers.
  1. What age are you in right now?
  2. Did you work ahead on the provinces, or only scout/take them as directed by story quests?

I'm in CE and at the moment, only 3 recurring quest. Sometimes I move ahead hoping for a side quest or opening a story quest. Based on what's going on now, I have to move since there is no quest. That's what happened most of the times I didn't have quest before.

UBERhelp1

I'm in CE and at the moment, only 3 recurring quest. Sometimes I move ahead hoping for a side quest or opening a story quest. Based on what's going on now, I have to move since there is no quest. That's what happened most of the times I didn't have quest before.
Wait, so you lost the story quests? How did you manage to do that? I didn't know you could get that to happen until later eras.

ODragon

Wait, so you lost the story quests? How did you manage to do that? I didn't know you could get that to happen until later eras.

Correct, no story quest at all at the moment. I'm hoping it hitting the correct sector will trigger it to start again or at least get side quest.

UBERhelp1

Correct, no story quest at all at the moment. I'm hoping it hitting the correct sector will trigger it to start again or at least get side quest.
Huh. When did you lose the story quests? Also, what does your CE map look like?

WildOdd

I and others have lost our story quests in CE, all at varying times. Most people I've talked to have lost theirs sometime after when they first reached the Future Map, I lost mine midway through the TE map. No one really knows when you get them back, for all of us it took at least a few provinces (I got mine at the very end of the TE map, and it was apparent I had skipped many of the TE story quests, others have gotten them near the middle of FE). Obviously, I don't know your exact situation though.