• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

ODragon

I and others have lost our story quests in CE, all at varying times. Most people I've talked to have lost theirs sometime after when they first reached the Future Map, I lost mine midway through the TE map. No one really knows when you get them back, for all of us it took at least a few provinces (I got mine at the very end of the TE map, and it was apparent I had skipped many of the TE story quests, others have gotten them near the middle of FE). Obviously, I don't know your exact situation though.

Its pretty frustrating... I appreciate you letting me know I'm not the only one. Maybe I'll go back to CE and finish the one there, see if it opens anything, then start back on TE. I really want to keep going but no point if I'm not going to get the story quest back. I'm only doing it for the troops!

UBERhelp1

Huh. My guess is that it has something to do with how sectors are taken, but I can't confirm that. It might explain why you can skip part of the CE and all the TE questline in PME. Maybe skipping those sectors skips the story quests for a bit?

Probably one of the weirdest and hardest things to pin down exactly in this game.

ODragon

So taking that one sector in CE opened up a new CE story line, "Madman the Martyr".

This led to "The King of the Desert" which is not mentioned as being next on a wiki but that may be because of how far I am on the map. Almost 1400 diamonds (thanks to CF). Did the research, got the diamonds,
-got 2 Microwave blasters for infiltrating 3 sectors of Torrinhos (The Slick Businessman Story Quest),
-then 2 more by acquiring 3 sectors of Torrinhos (Business Proposals Story Quest). ---YOU HAVE TO FIGHT HERE---

If you didn't fight above, you lose out on:
-Acquiring 5 sectors of Torrinhos (No Business Story Quest) gave me 1 anti-Material Sniper + 1 Ultra AP.
-Recruit 6 your age or 8 previous age + build a military building or research military tech gave me 1 anti-Material Sniper + 1 Ultra AP (Private Security Story Quest).

Whole bunch more story quest....
Who Pulls the Strings (Story Quest) gives 2 Stealth Tanks (scout a province NOT controlled by Commandante Viroz).

8 Hours+ until I can do more of the story quest...

ODragon

There is an error in post 5's image. You have to open Arial Fire Support to be able to get Globalization to get Stress Management to keep the story quest going.

CE-Res1.jpg

I also attached a high-res, large image of the research table, it's mine so already filled in. Maybe you want to re-highlight like your original (which was nice and helpful, just not completely correct).

CE-Res2.jpg

UBERhelp1

There is an error in post 5's image. You have to open Arial Fire Support to be able to get Globalization to get Stress Management to keep the story quest going.

View attachment 17288

I also attached a high-res, large image of the research table, it's mine so already filled in. Maybe you want to re-highlight like your original (which was nice and helpful, just not completely correct).

View attachment 17289
On my to-do list for when I have the time to edit it. Thanks!

I'll edit the text for now until I put the new image in

UBERhelp1

View attachment 17288

View attachment 17289
Edited, credited, added, and added you as an awesome person.

Whitey aka App

Part 1: Early Middle Age and Colonial Age Troops
These two ages of troops are grouped together because the path to acquiring them is rather straightforward and simple.

Early Middle Age Troops
The highest era troops a player can receive in BA and IA are two Armored Infantry (heavy units). These are obtained via the EMA Bonus Questline. This questline can be triggered in any age, but most players reach it in IA. It is triggered by completing the story quest "Maktaba" and taking the province Dunkelwald.

The EMA Bonus Sectors follow the mountains near the IA and BA provinces on the cMap, and the questline guides the player through these sectors. Fighting these sectors can be tricky, as the player is up against barbarians. These troops boost their allies after they die, so do not auto battle unless you have a high attack boost. Instead, manually fight and take each barbarian down to a few health points. Then, you can eliminate them one by one. This saves you having to deal with ever-stronger enemies. Of course, you can always negotiate! There's no difference in rewards depending on whether you fight or negotiate.

To get the EMA troops, the questline requires the player to research 1-2 technologies, so reserve some for this questline. Two technologies are needed if the player has not yet unlocked Military Tactics and therefore can not do PvP fights (one quest requires plundering buildings or researching a technology). Note that this questline will not take over an RQ slot, so it can be completed at the player's leisure.

Colonial Age Troops
Unfortunately, there are no higher era troops available to players in EMA or HMA. However, for players in LMA, there are five Grenadiers (heavy units) and two Field Guns (artillery units) available. These are obtainable through the LMA Bonus Questline. This questline only triggers when the player’s city is LMA or higher, after they have acquired the Grand Gap sector. This questline will “take over” a recurring quest slot until it is completed.

There are no technology requirements for this questline, other than placing buildings that are from LMA.

Be aware, though, that the bonus questline gives diamonds as one of its final rewards. By aborting the quest “Dungeon or Death Sentence,” the player receives ten more diamonds as a reward, making a total of fifty. If this quest is fulfilled, the player receives only forty diamonds.
I’m confused. I’m in IA and don’t understand how to get ema troops.

Oh and I conquered Dunkenwald

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

I’m confused. I’m in IA and don’t understand how to get ema troops.

Oh and I conquered Dunkenwald
What is the name of your current story quest? You have to complete "Maktaba" to trigger the questline besides taking Dunkenwald. Also, you will probably have to either abort or complete some side or recurring quests for the bonus questline to appear.

Once the bonus questline does appear, just follow the prompts of the quests and take provinces as it asks you to.

Whitey aka App

What is the name of your current story quest? You have to complete "Maktaba" to trigger the questline besides taking Dunkenwald. Also, you will probably have to either abort or complete some side or recurring quests for the bonus questline to appear.

Once the bonus questline does appear, just follow the prompts of the quests and take provinces as it asks you to.
My current story quest is to acquire veletrites.

Whitey aka App

Could I have done something to make it no longer available? My side quest is to research technologies. I’m not ready research ema techs. I guess there’s no way to skip a bonus/side quest.

Maelric

Just skipped the CE tech block in PME and went straight to the future story quest line by doing pretty much what was stated in the forums earlier.
However, I ended up fighting a lot of the CE map instead of negotiating it so I don't think that part matters. I also accidentally explored Salfah on the CE map but I didn't touch touch any of the provinces. I left the 3 sectors unexplored on the TE MAP and negotiated the entire TE MAP.

Atokirina

Hope it helps ya ;)

note this is a screen shot before i got them - I did have to explore one of them for one of the quests - but didn't take any sectors of it
If you strictly follow the story questline, and you don't conquer any extra provinces on the continent map: do you automatically skip those provinces or can you make mistakes by purely following the story questline?

UBERhelp1

If you strictly follow the story questline, and you don't conquer any extra provinces on the continent map: do you automatically skip those provinces or can you make mistakes by purely following the story questline?
I think that you end up taking those provinces by following the story questline, which will then throw up the CE tech blocker quest.

Atokirina

I think that you end up taking those provinces by following the story questline, which will then throw up the CE tech blocker quest.
If you don't conquer those provinces, your story questline will just change when you conquer the first Future Era province?

UBERhelp1

If you don't conquer those provinces, your story questline will just change when you conquer the first Future Era province?
If you don't conquer those provinces and take up to the first FE province, then your CE questline will skip to FE at some point along the way.

Atokirina

But it doesn't matter which story quest you already completed? You can just stop with the story when the quest asks you to conquer one of those provinces you aren't allowed to conquer.

UBERhelp1

But it doesn't matter which story quest you already completed? You can just stop with the story when the quest asks you to conquer one of those provinces you aren't allowed to conquer.
As far as I know, it works if you have not yet completed the PME story quest "The End of this Chapter" before taking the first FE province. I don't know if it will still work if you are further into the CE story.