• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

airwolf123

now i have read that you can not scout like 2 areas in the IND c-map or it will give you the bonus quest and take away your RQ ok i have done that and maybe ind.jpgi went to far on the c-map now that i am in the ME BUT my question is

can i scout the bonus area in IND i have 2 open on top and 2 open on bottom in bonus area and the 2 i didn't scout in normal area ( won't scout normal ones ) so i can do them or will scouting the bonus are also give you the bonus quest and take away one of your RQs ???

UBERhelp1

now i have read that you can not scout like 2 areas in the IND c-map or it will give you the bonus quest and take away your RQ ok i have done that and maybe View attachment 17342i went to far on the c-map now that i am in the ME BUT my question is

can i scout the bonus area in IND i have 2 open on top and 2 open on bottom in bonus area and the 2 i didn't scout in normal area ( won't scout normal ones ) so i can do them or will scouting the bonus are also give you the bonus quest and take away one of your RQs ???
If I'm reading this right you are currently in ME, but you are on the InA cMap?

The bonus questline will not trigger until you take both Garrison and Las Penas, but that really is only a concern if you are below InA. If you are in ME, then you will be able to complete the bonus questline without a problem.

airwolf123

no i am still in CA for the game but on the C-map i am up to the ME part i just do not want to trip the bonus quest that will take away one of my RQ and don't want to go more on the C-map but i do want to do the bonus area on the C-map in the IND if it will not start the bonus quest and as you can see on map i did not take or scout las penas but the area in the bonus area is open so can i scout that and take it and my questions is,,, the bonus quest will NOT start and take away one of my RQ if i do take the bonus areas that are open now ?

Rob Bin Dahood

Just to add to the knowledge, I'm on my way to the hover tanks in one of my cities and can advise the following:
1. For completeness, yes as others have done I avoided scouting the two CE and three TE provinces (I do wonder if avoiding the three TE provinces matters but am not keen to conduct that experiment) - you do end up scouting one of the CE provinces as part of the CE story quest
2. I have pretty much fought the entire CE and TE maps so fighting or negotiating these maps I don't think matters
3. When reaching the FE map, I scouted and negotiated one sector of Agador (the first province) before completing the PME blocking story quest
4. Completing that PME quest leads you into the CE storyline. I got exactly the same quests and order that Onyxblack detailed in post #48. Except I also got ( I think onyxblack just left it off his list) at the end "Dictator's Death", which is the story quest before "King of the Desert"
5. Completing "DIctator's Death" gave me a PME side quest, ending up with 3 PME side quests and no story quest.
6. Completed/aborted PME side quests until I got to RQ's, completed a RQ and .... got another RQ! (not expected)
7. Went to the FE map, negotiated the rest of Agador, completed a RQ and got the desired "Eyes Ahead" in the FE story quest.

I do think the critical elements to avoiding "King of the Desert" are:
a) avoiding the two provinces in CE (until someone tests taking the entire TE map I wonder if avoiding the three TE provinces is necessary)
b) reaching the FE map and scouting the first province BEFORE completing the PME blocking quest (as I remember this was what Raino said in his video, but to be safe I negotiated one sector of Agador before completing the blocking quest)

UBERhelp1

no i am still in CA for the game but on the C-map i am up to the ME part i just do not want to trip the bonus quest that will take away one of my RQ and don't want to go more on the C-map but i do want to do the bonus area on the C-map in the IND if it will not start the bonus quest and as you can see on map i did not take or scout las penas but the area in the bonus area is open so can i scout that and take it and my questions is,,, the bonus quest will NOT start and take away one of my RQ if i do take the bonus areas that are open now ?
I can't tell you for sure. I don't know if the bonus questline will trigger or not should you take the bonus provinces without taking Las Penas. I suppose it is worth a try though.

Viktor.

Just to add to the knowledge, I'm on my way to the hover tanks in one of my cities and can advise the following:
1. For completeness, yes as others have done I avoided scouting the two CE and three TE provinces (I do wonder if avoiding the three TE provinces matters but am not keen to conduct that experiment) - you do end up scouting one of the CE provinces as part of the CE story quest
2. I have pretty much fought the entire CE and TE maps so fighting or negotiating these maps I don't think matters
3. When reaching the FE map, I scouted and negotiated one sector of Agador (the first province) before completing the PME blocking story quest
4. Completing that PME quest leads you into the CE storyline. I got exactly the same quests and order that Onyxblack detailed in post #48. Except I also got ( I think onyxblack just left it off his list) at the end "Dictator's Death", which is the story quest before "King of the Desert"
5. Completing "DIctator's Death" gave me a PME side quest, ending up with 3 PME side quests and no story quest.
6. Completed/aborted PME side quests until I got to RQ's, completed a RQ and .... got another RQ! (not expected)
7. Went to the FE map, negotiated the rest of Agador, completed a RQ and got the desired "Eyes Ahead" in the FE story quest.

I do think the critical elements to avoiding "King of the Desert" are:
a) avoiding the two provinces in CE (until someone tests taking the entire TE map I wonder if avoiding the three TE provinces is necessary)
b) reaching the FE map and scouting the first province BEFORE completing the PME blocking quest (as I remember this was what Raino said in his video, but to be safe I negotiated one sector of Agador before completing the blocking quest)
This is most detailed way to skip those Blocker of CE and whole TE questline. This is mostly how i did it. Goodluck, hope you get 4 hoover. 4 hoover still a tricky one, i negotiated the whole map except fort buntu( Last sector must be fight over to get additional FE units) but still got only 1 hoover. There is a trick in the Bonta Town to Bisoraba which im not still sure. I created a new city to experiment that out. But in my main at US, that 1 hoover is still doing some wrecking havoc at gbg.

ant..

I am on part 2 of the OF map and have acquired all provinces except Tangled Fins which the story quest now says to acquire.
But I have the option of getting on the boat.
Is it possible that this might be a way of getting around the blocker Persuasion in OF storyline?

UBERhelp1

I am on part 2 of the OF map and have acquired all provinces except Tangled Fins which the story quest now says to acquire.
But I have the option of getting on the boat.
Is it possible that this might be a way of getting around the blocker Persuasion in OF storyline?
That boat just takes you to the next OF map (there's multiple). The Persuasion quest is further along. And even if you could get past it, people report the story ending after OF until you age up to VF.

Lando6

I'm in PE right now, will it hurt me/my questline much for me to work my way through the CE and TE maps (excluding the 2 CE and 3 TE noted provinces)? I'm currently sitting at PME "Bring in the Colonel" which requires a tech, so I'll have to age up at some point, since I don't have any spare techs open. Do you think it's possible to skip the PME tech blocker (The End of this Chapter) and all of the CE/TE storyline and make it to FE quests by scouting the first FE province after completing Bring in the Colonel (this is 4 quests before The End of this Chapter. Thanks.

UBERhelp1

I'm in PE right now, will it hurt me/my questline much for me to work my way through the CE and TE maps (excluding the 2 CE and 3 TE noted provinces)? I'm currently sitting at PME "Bring in the Colonel" which requires a tech, so I'll have to age up at some point, since I don't have any spare techs open. Do you think it's possible to skip the PME tech blocker (The End of this Chapter) and all of the CE/TE storyline and make it to FE quests by scouting the first FE province after completing Bring in the Colonel (this is 4 quests before The End of this Chapter. Thanks.
You won't mess up the questline working through the CE and TE maps (and yes, leave out the noted provinces).

And I doubt you will skip the remainder of the PME questline, but I suppose there is a chance.

Lando6

ok. sweet. I'll give it a try. It's gonna take me a while to work through CE and TE maps. I've been harvesting goods hardcore for a month and I'm pretty much ready to make my age up run to CE and then my storyline run to the beginning of OF. 6k ME, 7k PME, 10k CE, 12k TE, 12k FE, and 25k AF goods. I had to spend about 1500 fps to trade up my PE goods, but dang, its gonna be worth it. Ok I'm done talking myself up now. lol. I love this game!

UBERhelp1

ok. sweet. I'll give it a try. It's gonna take me a while to work through CE and TE maps. I've been harvesting goods hardcore for a month and I'm pretty much ready to make my age up run to CE and then my storyline run to the beginning of OF. 6k ME, 7k PME, 10k CE, 12k TE, 12k FE, and 25k AF goods. I had to spend about 1500 fps to trade up my PE goods, but dang, its gonna be worth it. Ok I'm done talking myself up now. lol. I love this game!
Wow! That's pretty impressive. Good luck! :)

Rob Bin Dahood

I have completed the Hover Tank gathering from PME in a second city but something weird happened along the way ...
TL;DR - don't touch side quests

Raino had mentioned this in his video but I had forgot. Details: still in ME, had stopped at the "Your Choice Truth or Dare" PME story quest which is 2 before the PME tech blocking quest and still had ME side quests to do (as ... duh ... I wasn't meant to be touching them)

Completed the CE map, had moved on to the TE map and was scouting the first province when I mindlessly completed an ME side quest. Upon completion, my "Your Choice Truth or Dare" story quest turned into a side quest and I got "Dictators Death" as my story quest (which is the one before the CE blocking quest).

Obviously this is a worry as now if I complete Dictators Death I could get the next CE story quest and Hover Tanks in PME goes down the drain. I got out of it by getting to the FE map and scouting, completing the Your Choice Truth or Dare side quest (and got another ME side quest), and then prayed by completing Dictators Death something good would happen, which it did - I got Peace Movement so I was returned to the PME storyline.

So, completing the CE map can trigger the CE story quest Dictators Death even when in ME so ... don't touch those side quests.

Personally I find it really weird that a story quest can be turned into a side quest and you can jump up and down ages in the story quest line.

Rob Bin Dahood

Also UBERHelp1, I believe you only get the last 4 FE units if you begin the last province (Fort Buntu) by fighting. My understanding is negotiating gives you an alternative quest that does not give you the troops.

UBERhelp1

I have completed the Hover Tank gathering from PME in a second city but something weird happened along the way ...
TL;DR - don't touch side quests

Raino had mentioned this in his video but I had forgot. Details: still in ME, had stopped at the "Your Choice Truth or Dare" PME story quest which is 2 before the PME tech blocking quest and still had ME side quests to do (as ... duh ... I wasn't meant to be touching them)

Completed the CE map, had moved on to the TE map and was scouting the first province when I mindlessly completed an ME side quest. Upon completion, my "Your Choice Truth or Dare" story quest turned into a side quest and I got "Dictators Death" as my story quest (which is the one before the CE blocking quest).

Obviously this is a worry as now if I complete Dictators Death I could get the next CE story quest and Hover Tanks in PME goes down the drain. I got out of it by getting to the FE map and scouting, completing the Your Choice Truth or Dare side quest (and got another ME side quest), and then prayed by completing Dictators Death something good would happen, which it did - I got Peace Movement so I was returned to the PME storyline.

So, completing the CE map can trigger the CE story quest Dictators Death even when in ME so ... don't touch those side quests.

Personally I find it really weird that a story quest can be turned into a side quest and you can jump up and down ages in the story quest line.
Wait, just to clarify, you are in ME, had the truth or dare quest uncompleted, were on the TE map, and completed an ME side quest which made the story jump straight to Dictator's Death? When did you move up to PME? Did you go through the cMap as you completed quests (sounds like you were scouting/taking TE provinces while in the CE story? And the story went from PME (truth/dare) to CE(D. death) to PME (P. movement) to ???

Also UBERHelp1, I believe you only get the last 4 FE units if you begin the last province (Fort Buntu) by fighting. My understanding is negotiating gives you an alternative quest that does not give you the troops.
Ah. Yes. That's correct. I'll update the section soon.

UBERhelp1

Fixed! Thank you!

Rob Bin Dahood

Wait, just to clarify, you are in ME, had the truth or dare quest uncompleted, were on the TE map, and completed an ME side quest which made the story jump straight to Dictator's Death? When did you move up to PME? Did you go through the cMap as you completed quests (sounds like you were scouting/taking TE provinces while in the CE story? And the story went from PME (truth/dare) to CE(D. death) to PME (P. movement) to ???

Yes, you have it correct. I didn't move up to PME until I was on the FE map and had scouted Agadar.

And yes, when I realised I had Dictators Death as my story quest, I left it uncompleted and raced through the TE map to get to the FE map and scout Agadar. Once I had done that, I completed the (now) side quest Truth or Dare and then held my breath as I completed Dictators Death. And all this while I was in ME.

AK94

So I'm planning on moving from CA to PME and get some hovers. I want to do it as GBG begins so I can fight against CA units. I want to prepare as much as I can as I want those hovers as fast as possible. So my question is if I'm able to move ahead on the cMap all the way to scouting the first provins of the FE map?