• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

UBERhelp1

So I'm planning on moving from CA to PME and get some hovers. I want to do it as GBG begins so I can fight against CA units. I want to prepare as much as I can as I want those hovers as fast as possible. So my question is if I'm able to move ahead on the cMap all the way to scouting the first provins of the FE map?
Yes. You are fine to scout ahead. Make sure to skip the CE and TE sectors as shown in the guide. If you want to get the hovers the same day that you move to PME, you will have to speed up scouting on the FE map using diamonds (you don't get hovers until later in the FE story)

UBERhelp1

So I finally got to future era map. Here to report my findings.
View attachment 17510

I stopped at the quest "Shiek Over" had one of the areas scouted for the quest, but not the other (Salfah), I am still in PME in the research tree.
View attachment 17514

View attachment 17511

I read here that Salfah was one of the areas to not scout in order to do the skip so I thought it was a good enough place to stop.

After I got to the future era map and got the first sector I started scouting Salfah:
View attachment 17515

I wasn't keeping track of the quests I got after that because I was fully expecting to not be able to skip King of the desert (sorry), but there were a few madman quests if I am remembering correctly. Eventually I noticed I got to a quest that me TE goods, and upon checking the wiki it was a TE quest aka "Money Trail"! The quest prior to this gave me 2 combat drones (which I forgot were TE troops) so I believe it was "The drug lord".
View attachment 17513

I believe this means I have successfully skipped the desert king. So looks like completing the PME story line by completing Squad tactics and Special Operations is fine.

Edit: Yup, I just got Danbas war quest which is a future era quest after finishing Money Trail.
View attachment 17516

EDIT2: I just read the updated guide again! Had no idea I had to skip TE sectors. But I had scouted everything but didn't take these 3 by total luck, though not exactly the same as you had in your guide:
View attachment 17517

EDI 3: oof just noticed about negotiating instead of fighting in FE map rip 3 hovers. I had a question, I am at Danbas war with 7 techs from previous eras left. How far will this take me? 3 used in FE story, 4 in AF and then I'm blocked?
Ok. So. Something interesting seems to be that you can skip the CE blocker and get to the TE questline. I suppose someone might want to do that. AFAIK, there's two ways to get that to happen. Take TE provinces that you should skip otherwise, or don't completely take Agadar. Might have to write that up into the guide. It costs an extra tech though. [rant]See why it is so hard writing a guide for this? So many different possibilities, triggers, and situations.[/rant]

And 3 techs will get you through FE, and 4 will get you partway through AF. Still, that isn't too bad.

Atokirina

Is it possible to get Oceanic troops before PME?

I created an account a few months ago and in each ERA, I'm researching the minimum amount of technologies to get in the next era, I'm going towards the Late Middle Ages atm.

Lando6

Is it possible to get Oceanic troops before PME?

I created an account a few months ago and in each ERA, I'm researching the minimum amount of technologies to get in the next era, I'm going towards the Late Middle Ages atm.

No. There is a tech block in the PME quest line that does not seem possible to "jump" like the tech block in CE.

Bcp 0105 the Scu

I can confirm that if you skip the two provinces in CE, you skip the CE tech blocker.. I had already taken the TE provinces in my preparation before that section was added to the guide, and I did end up having to go through at least part of the TE storyline, but no issues getting hovers in PME otherwise. To be precise, I had one of the two CE provinces previously scouted, but no sectors in either were taken.

I didn't keep great records of which quests, but I had 6 open prior era techs coming into it, and my last one was used to unlock the first AF troops (2 recons). That was more required tech than I expected to get there, and I don't think I did the FE map incorrectly as per the guide. Shortly after that quest, I unthinkingly went back and cleaned up the last two CE provinces, and the next quest I got was the CE tech block. That seems like that will eventually prevent me getting all possible OF troops whenever I era up to CE, so... don't do what I did, if that's your goal. In the meantime, the hovers and I will have fun hitting 100+ attrition in PME gbg.

"
Skipping the Tech Blocker
After taking the first FE province, you can finish the PME story. Then, follow the story through the CE storyline. It will ask you to scout one of the CE provinces that you skipped. Make sure to abort through recurring quests as you progress through the story, since there are a good amount of CE side quests that give units that can trigger. You can get 2 Missile Artillery (artillery units), 2 Attack Helicopters, (fast units), 2 Assault Tanks (heavy units), and 3 Anti-Aircraft Vehicles (ranged units). The CE story will need 1 tech to be researched. "

This part of the PME guide seems very confusing. Is it saying that all the side quests must be Aborted in order to skip the tech blocker? I'm assuming that by "recurring quests" the Author actually means side quests, as aborting recurring quests would simply result in them recurring.

And, if that's the case, is the list of units there to tell you what you'll be missing out on?

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Is it saying that all the side quests must be Aborted in order to skip the tech blocker?
No. But the side quests give the units.

I'm assuming that by "recurring quests" the Author actually means side quests, as aborting recurring quests would simply result in them recurring.

And, if that's the case, is the list of units there to tell you what you'll be missing out on?
Nope. Recurring quests. The CE story gives you no troops directly, but as you progress through the story, side quests are triggered that then give you units. Side quests take up the same slots as recurring quests, so you must either complete or abort a recurring quest for the side quests to show up. To be safe, I recommend aborting an RQ often through the CE story so that you don't end up missing a side quest that gives units. The list of units you get from CE is all units from the side quests.

I hope that answers your questions? I get that some parts of the guide are a bit hard to understand, and I do plan on rewriting them, but right now I don't have the time and prefer to have the information out there rather than not, even if it is a bit confusing at times.

Thank you for the clarification.

Abort recurring quests as often as possible to see if they go away and side quests pop up,

That's what I got out of that, hopefully that is correct.

This is the part that I found confusing:

"Make sure to abort through recurring quests as you progress through the story, since there are a good amount of CE side quests that give units that can trigger. "

Particularly the part at the end that states "that can trigger" I took that to mean they could trigger the tech blocker.

Last edited:

Lando6

Here’s an update for anyone trying to skip the CE tech blocker and jump to the FE story quests. My experience is very similar to robnzof’s. I will lay out my scenario.

I was in PE getting ready to age up a couple times to CE. I skipped the two provinces in CE that have been mentioned before (Salfah/Suqqah), and I also skipped the 3 TE provinces as well. I made it all the way through the TE map and negotiated the first province in FE. You can fight most of TE with PE units and 400+ attack. At that time, I was able to make it to the PME quest “Bring in the Colonel” (it required a tech, which I didn’t have any open). I think it was at this time I got the “Side Quest” "Dictator's Death", which is supposed to be a CE story quest. I completed this quest. I researched a tech/aged up to Modern Era and proceeded to the PME quest “The End of this Chapter” which required PME tech (Squad Tactics/Special Operations). That was gonna be a big jump for me, so I decided to complete as many side quests as I could while moving up to PME (which wasn’t recommended, but I wanted to get some diamonds and other things along the way). Once I researched these two, I jumped to the CE story quest. That left me a little nervous, but I decided to proceed with the quests. One required me to scout one of the provinces I left un-scouted in CE, no big deal. I don’t remember exactly which quest it was, but it was somewhere around “Dictator’s Delusion” that I completed and then the story quest jumped to the FE quest “Eyes Ahead” (and stay there, I’m about 10 quests into FE currently). So I was able to skip the CE tech blocker, the rest of the CE storyline, as well as all of TE.

So now I have 11 tech open for me, which is more than enough for me to get part way through the OF questline (there’s an OF specific tech block) and get some awesome higher aged units. Big thanks to UBERhelp1 and everyone who posted their experiences on here.

Tytan the Great

When working the Future map, besides negotiating Agabar obviously to get more hovers,, is there a difference between fighting and negotiating the rest of the map?

UBERhelp1

When working the Future map, besides negotiating Agabar obviously to get more hovers,, is there a difference between fighting and negotiating the rest of the map?
Yes! A huge one. You have to negotiate all of Joy Danba's provinces, not just Agadar. Otherwise you will miss out on an extra 3 hovers.

Does anyone recall if any of the side quests that give units were "hidden rewards"?
I don't believe so, iirc they all showed the units you would get. You can always look the quest up on the wiki that shall not be named if you are unsure.

GodDalton

Hi guys, i'm a little bit confuse.
I'm currently in CA and i'll age up in couple of days, to indy.
Following this guide, i can get up to FE units?
Can i get back my RQs or is it a choice , keeping RQ or get higher age troops?

UBERhelp1

Hi guys, i'm a little bit confuse.
I'm currently in CA and i'll age up in couple of days, to indy.
Following this guide, i can get up to FE units?
Can i get back my RQs or is it a choice , keeping RQ or get higher age troops?
You can get up to PME troops. You can keep your RQs. The InA bonus questline requires you to be in InA to finish it, so you'll be fine.

Tytan the Great

Quick update: thanks Uber for the guide, and it worked. Here is what I did:
1. I was in ME, and I advanced the quest until the second to last PME quest which asked to research the 2 PME tech.
2. I finished the PME, CE, and TE maps, skipping the 2 CE and 3 TE provinces as described in the guide. I fought most of them, except a few TE sectors with stealth tanks.
3. In FE, I negotiated all of Agadar, then scouted the 2 provinces next to it. I stopped at this point on the map.
4. I aged up to PME, finished the PME tech tree, including the last 2, which will lead to the CE quest line.
5. I completed the CE quest line, doing exactly what was asked. They are pretty easy. Toward the end, after “Dictator’s Death”, I got the “Eyes Ahead” quest, completely skipping the TE quest line.

Right now, I’m working the FE quest line, and should eventually get to the Hover Tank. It is a long project, each province takes at least a day to scout so be patient. While working the CE quest line, after every story quest, I aborted the recurring quest a few times, and got many side quests that reward CE troops. I got a few of each except the strike team. AAV are really good.

Edit2: just got the 4 hovers as expected. However, I didn’t have to negotiate the 2nd Joy Danba sector, which is Kalabuye. I received the quests for 3 hovers after scouting both Kalabuye and Bisoraba, and received 1 as part of the story quest to scout the last province Fort Buntu. I followed the quests line exactly, so not sure if I got lucky or what.

Last edited:

Curley Jue

On the Modern Era map, it is important to fight the first two provinces. This triggers the quest "Rin Gozen's Warriors," which yields 4 Bazooka Teams (light units).
I am in Industrial Age. I arrived on the Modern Ara map. I assume that i need to follow the story/main quest AND „fight first 2 provinces“ to trigger this quest correct?

Last edited: