• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

cogitoergorum

Yes. Using the combo route you should be able to get the OF troops without needing more techs. But if you haven't counted the techs you can get from PE, ME, and PME, you can get a decent amount of techs. I think 3 from PE, 1 from ME, and another from PME. That's an additional 5 techs, which means you can get all the OF troops if you do the combo route.

Great! No, I actually have 8 techs available in total, but including already those that I can leave from PE/ME/PME... so I can't get more than that. Still I'm interested at least in the subcruisers, so I'm ok with that. Thanks!

luicio1

Contemporary Era Information
A side quest can
Nope. Or at the very least, when I went through CE in InA, I didn't get trigger this quest. And I don't know anyone that did.

Yes. Using the combo route you should be able to get the OF troops without needing more techs. But if you haven't counted the techs you can get from PE, ME, and PME, you can get a decent amount of techs. I think 3 from PE, 1 from ME, and another from PME. That's an additional 5 techs, which means you can get all the OF troops if you do the combo route.
thank you

luicio1

btw, i've got a commando in INDA, but missed the MG teams as i accidently fought some sectors.
would be using commando in INDA gbg be useful?
i have read your guide(this one) for a long time, and thanks to it i've got 3 conscripts, 1 armored car, 2 parachutes, 2 battle tanks, 2 mahinized infantry, 7 bazooka and 1 commando till now, i need an advise which of those higher era troops be worth it in gbg : )

UBERhelp1

btw, i've got a commando in INDA, but missed the MG teams as i accidently fought some sectors.
would be using commando in INDA gbg be useful?
i have read your guide(this one) for a long time, and thanks to it i've got 3 conscripts, 1 armored car, 2 parachutes, 2 battle tanks, 2 mahinized infantry, 7 bazooka and 1 commando till now, i need an advise which of those higher era troops be worth it in gbg : )
All probably have their uses. If you are autobattling, I'd be careful with all of them. Definitely don't use parachutes, since they get killed really easily. The conscripts and armor car are nice, but they will become more obsolete the higher attrition you get to since they aren't that far above InA units. Personally, I'd go between either battle tanks or the commando. The one thing though is to be very careful. It's really easy to be quickly autobattling and forget to revive a unit before you click out of the window.

Whichever way you decide to go, you'll probably be fine honestly. Just be sure to keep an eye on the units' health.

UBERhelp1

Hey!

I wanted to thank you for your guide. It inspired me to check if I can get tanks/snipers in colonial, and it seems it's possible.

I explained how I managed it here:
Wow! Thank you! I'll have to write this up soon (and of course I'll credit you!).

[EDIT] Yup. All checks out. Sometimes I really think that they keep changing stuff or I was blind when I researched all this lol. Interestingly, you can get one of four PE units (RFC, conscripts, tanks, snipers) in CA. It really comes down to preference which one you get though. Personally, I still like the RFC, especially for ME battles, since then you can go on to get tanks or snipers in InA, but it's really nice having that option. I know a lot of people that would go for the snipers. By the way, your journal is pretty good. The Belgian/waffles joke made me laugh. Hope you keep writing it!

Last edited:

generalwoo

I'm in PME, and my story quest is on "The End of this Chapter." Unfortunately, I cleared the entire CE map when I was in PE, so I know I can't get the hover tanks until I move up. Since I can't get around the CE blocker, is it safe to take the entire TE map now? Should I still negotiate the first sector in FE before completing "The End of this Chapter," or does that not matter anymore?

FluffyPhoenix

So there are quest blockers that can be skipped, but I'm really curious to what extent. Like, can I sit in the Bronze Age, having done the bare minimum amount of quests to get going and then negotiate all the way up to FE, do a questline, then jump all the way there? There's this talk of hovers in ME and I'm curious what else is doable and skippable.
I'm willing to try this out, but I'd need someone who's cool with funding almost every good up to the FE maps to test this out.

UBERhelp1

I'm in PME, and my story quest is on "The End of this Chapter." Unfortunately, I cleared the entire CE map when I was in PE, so I know I can't get the hover tanks until I move up. Since I can't get around the CE blocker, is it safe to take the entire TE map now? Should I still negotiate the first sector in FE before completing "The End of this Chapter," or does that not matter anymore?
At this point you are pretty much stuck as far as I know. By taking the whole CE map, then you end up with the tech blocker quest at the end of the CE story. You can still get CE troops though, which can be helpful.

So there are quest blockers that can be skipped, but I'm really curious to what extent. Like, can I sit in the Bronze Age, having done the bare minimum amount of quests to get going and then negotiate all the way up to FE, do a questline, then jump all the way there? There's this talk of hovers in ME and I'm curious what else is doable and skippable.
I'm willing to try this out, but I'd need someone who's cool with funding almost every good up to the FE maps to test this out.
I'd like to know this too. I had a guy that was trying to figure this out, starting in BA and going to the FE map and then pushing the cMap to see where you could jump to the FE story. He made it to I think InA or PE and then either got busy or lost interest in the game. So, if anyone else wants to try it go right ahead. The only thing is that I'm not sure whether or not there are provinces you have to skip on the map, like the CE/TE maps. Or maybe even InA or the first map. I just don't know.

The people who did figure this out don't like to share (obviously) since that gives them such a major advantage, but if I ever figure it out I'll be sure to write it up and share with you all!

FluffyPhoenix

I'd like to know this too. I had a guy that was trying to figure this out, starting in BA and going to the FE map and then pushing the cMap to see where you could jump to the FE story. He made it to I think InA or PE and then either got busy or lost interest in the game. So, if anyone else wants to try it go right ahead. The only thing is that I'm not sure whether or not there are provinces you have to skip on the map, like the CE/TE maps. Or maybe even InA or the first map. I just don't know.

The people who did figure this out don't like to share (obviously) since that gives them such a major advantage, but if I ever figure it out I'll be sure to write it up and share with you all!

I've been at this game for years, so I won't be losing interest. I just don't feel like trying to establish a world and getting the FP income in order to buy all the goods to do it. I bought up to OF part 2 in my IA world and don't feel like doing all those payments or math again. I have about 10k diamonds that could be put towards speeding things up once scout times get longer.
I know I've blocked myself from hovers in my Indy world, and my hunch is that you have to forego the MGs, but I don't know for sure.

cogitoergorum

Hi @UBERhelp1 , I'm going through part 4 of the guide and finally got the quest "Greetings from a friend" to obtain the 3 hover tanks. I followed the guide and everything worked fine, but I want to mention something that may be important:

- There are reports of people who didn't get this quest even though they negotiated all Joy Danba sectors (see the comments here and here for example). I think the reason for that is explained in the 1st comment of the 1st link: after scouting Bisoraba and Kalabuye, it is important NOT to conquer completely Kalabuye before Bisoraba (otherwise, Joy Danba is gone for good from the map, so she cannot come back with the quest that gives the 3 HT as reward; at least this is my personal interpretation).

So to simplify, I think one can simply just go straight to Bisoraba without touching Kalabuye, and then after taking the first 2 sectors of Bisoraba, the quest appears (I did this way and it worked).

Also, I want to mention that I got the quest "An Old Acquaintance," that gives the additional 3 Exoskeleton Soldiers, after fighting all FE sectors (except from Agadar of course). So it seems it doesn't matter whether to fight or negotiate the FE sectors, the quest is triggered anyway

UBERhelp1

Hi @UBERhelp1 , I'm going through part 4 of the guide and finally got the quest "Greetings from a friend" to obtain the 3 hover tanks. I followed the guide and everything worked fine, but I want to mention something that may be important:

- There are reports of people who didn't get this quest even though they negotiated all Joy Danba sectors (see the comments here and here for example). I think the reason for that is explained in the 1st comment of the 1st link: after scouting Bisoraba and Kalabuye, it is important NOT to conquer completely Kalabuye before Bisoraba (otherwise, Joy Danba is gone for good from the map, so she cannot come back with the quest that gives the 3 HT as reward; at least this is my personal interpretation).

So to simplify, I think one can simply just go straight to Bisoraba without touching Kalabuye, and then after taking the first 2 sectors of Bisoraba, the quest appears (I did this way and it worked).

Also, I want to mention that I got the quest "An Old Acquaintance," that gives the additional 3 Exoskeleton Soldiers, after fighting all FE sectors (except from Agadar of course). So it seems it doesn't matter whether to fight or negotiate the FE sectors, the quest is triggered anyway
Thank you! I updated the guide based on what you said. I had been wondering about that for a while.

cogitoergorum

Thank you! I updated the guide based on what you said. I had been wondering about that for a while.

You're welcome! Be careful though, seems you swapped the two provinces in the updated post (should be "Be sure to not take Kalabuye entirely before Bisoraba" rather than "Be sure to not take Bisoraba entirely before Kalabuye") :) (perhaps my post wasn't clear enough, sorry in that case)

UBERhelp1

You're welcome! Be careful though, seems you swapped the two provinces in the updated post (should be "Be sure to not take Kalabuye entirely before Bisoraba" rather than "Be sure to not take Bisoraba entirely before Kalabuye") :) (perhaps my post wasn't clear enough, sorry in that case)
Oops! Typed to fast. Thanks again!

cogitoergorum

Hi again, I'm going to venture through the AF map in a couple of days (but will take several weeks I guess), but in the meantime I found this post of this guy who created an awesome roadmap of the Arctic Future quests:
Link

Especially, it seems to match what Nickglover said about skipping 1 tech: when negotiating stage 1 provinces, seems one can avoid the path containing "Getting ready (3)", which is the quest requiring the additional tech.
I will test how accurate this chart is as I will be going through the AF map in the next weeks

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Hi again, I'm going to venture through the AF map in a couple of days (but will take several weeks I guess), but in the meantime I found this post of this guy who created an awesome roadmap of the Arctic Future quests:
Link

Especially, it seems to match what Nickglover said about skipping 1 tech: when negotiating stage 1 provinces, seems one can avoid the path containing "Getting ready (3)", which is the quest requiring the additional tech.
I will test how accurate this chart is as I will be going through the AF map in the next weeks
That's certainly interesting. Definitely tell me one way or the other after you go through AF!

Daniel The 4ger

So I’m in ME and I got all the way up to AF, did I mess up massively, or can I still get units? I got every province in FE by negotiating.

UBERhelp1

So I’m in ME and I got all the way up to AF, did I mess up massively, or can I still get units? I got every province in FE by negotiating.
You might be able to still get units, and you might be able to help me test something. Where are you in the story quests?