• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v1.12

cogitoergorum

I did "an old acquaintance" (4x 24hr productions), then I did "entering bisoraba" (take 2 sectors), then the next quest was "bisoraba action" (take 4 sectors), skipping friendly greetings.

I for some of the FE map I did look ahead on the wiki what quests were coming up, and scouted ahead, so that could have been the issue.
Hi, is it possible that you took Kalabuye (the 2nd Joy Danba sector) before Bisoraba? If so, I think that's the reason you didn't get "friendly greetings"

In fact, based on some reports on the fandom wiki, it seems that if you take compleyely Kalabuye before Bisoraba, that quest doesn't appear

Nicholas002

Hi, is it possible that you took Kalabuye (the 2nd Joy Danba sector) before Bisoraba? If so, I think that's the reason you didn't get "friendly greetings"

In fact, based on some reports on the fandom wiki, it seems that if you take compleyely Kalabuye before Bisoraba, that quest doesn't appear
I think I did, maybe that was it

UBERhelp1

I think I did, maybe that was it
It could have been.

ayy good to know someone finally compiled a complete guide

glad we finally got the PmE quest skip figured out - now all we have to do is test if it's possible to skip other ages in similar ways

sad that it's apparently ME+ for the Helis - I swear I've heard stories of Iron Age helecopters but I can't find them anywhere and ME is the earliest I have definitive proof of as well

I do have a new-ish world running on en1 in HMA that I was planning to use for testing more Quest Skips - are there any specific things I should be looking for at the moment?
Right now, I haven't found anything. Someone tried to skip the PME blocker via quests only (without having gone to the FE map) and that didn't work. So right now it's just looking like get to the FE map and then work through the story. I know of a couple people trying that out right now.

cogitoergorum

Hi @UBERhelp1 , I was going through the guide with a guildmate, and I think this part is still not correct:
" Be sure to not take Bisoraba entirely before Kalabuye (the second province owned by Joy Danba)"

It is actually the other way around, Kalabuye (the second Joy Danba province) should not be taken before Bisoraba (in order to leave Joy Danba there, so she can come back with the Friendly Greetings quest)

cogitoergorum

Are you sure? Because I have had people tell me that it was wrong the way you want me to change it to.
uhm... really? That's weird... For reference this is what I did and worked for me:

- in the FE map, I have negotiated only Agadar (entirely), then I fought all other provinces before Bisoraba and Kalabuye
- After scouting both Bisoraba and Kalabuye, I went straight to Bisoraba and I didn't touch Kalabuye at all. After conquering a few sectors of Bisoraba by fighting (just following what was asked by the story quest "Entering Bisoraba"), I got the "Greetings from a friend" quest with the 3 HT.
(So at this point, I also fought the second Joy Danba's province (Kalabuye) as I already got my HT and so there was no point to negotiate again)

My (personal) interpretation is: if you conquer entirely Kalabuye, Joy Danba is gone for good for the map and she can't come back with the quest rewarding with the 3 HT - so that's why I think Kalabuye should not be touched (or at least, should leave at least 1 sector untouched). Also the comments in the fandom wiki here and here seem to match with this...

What did the other people tell you actually? There may be other combinations/paths which change the triggers of the quests perhaps..

Last edited:

Ben Trovato

I agree with cogito. I've just done the FE Map from PME and I also think
Once you start the FE story, be sure to negotiate every sector owned by Joy Danba, this will give you an extra 3 Hover Tanks (heavy units)...
and
On the Future Era cMap, be sure to negotiate the provinces owned by Joy Danba. This will yield an additional 3 Hover Tanks (heavy units) towards the end of the FE story, which is a definite benefit. Hover Tanks are extremely useful, even beyond FE. Be sure to not take Bisoraba entirely before Kalabuye (the second province owned by Joy Danba), otherwise you might not get the 3 Hover Tanks (heavy units) even if you negotiate all her provinces.
are misleading.

Danba has two provinces. Yes, it's necessary to negotiate Agadar to get the extra hovers, but provided you don't fight in Kalabuye until the three hovers are in your possession it is unneccessary to negotiate Kalabuye or take it before Bisoraba. Other than scouting Kalabuye, I didn't touch it until after I had all four hovers and had completed Bisoraba. Then I fought it to save goods. I think the advice is the wrong way around and should read: be sure not to take Kalabuye completely before Bisoraba. If it works like the Che quests (PME map), taking Kalabuye too early, even by negotiation, will lose you the hovers.

Last edited: