• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Tannerite2

So I've got a question that's somewhat related to this topic and I figured yall would have some experience. I'm in CE and just finished the FE map (got 4 hovers). I was wondering if I will lose a recurring quest if I progress too far on the map, like people who advanced on the Industrial age map. I don't think there's another age like that, but I wanted to be sure.

Also, I'm no sure if anybody's mentioned it, but if you have hover tanks in PME or CE and plan to stay for a while, you should get your attack defense bonus up. Attacking army attack boost is nowhere near as useful. If your attacking army defense bonus is high enough, your hovers will never take damage and as long as they can do 1 damage, you will automatically win every fight with zero damage to your units. Obviously, the higher your attrition goes, the higher your attacking defense needs to be to compensate and the threshold is much higher in CE, but the general premise is the same. Attacking defense > attacking attack for hovers.

UBERhelp1

So I've got a question that's somewhat related to this topic and I figured yall would have some experience. I'm in CE and just finished the FE map (got 4 hovers). I was wondering if I will lose a recurring quest if I progress too far on the map, like people who advanced on the Industrial age map. I don't think there's another age like that, but I wanted to be sure.

Also, I'm no sure if anybody's mentioned it, but if you have hover tanks in PME or CE and plan to stay for a while, you should get your attack defense bonus up. Attacking army attack boost is nowhere near as useful. If your attacking army defense bonus is high enough, your hovers will never take damage and as long as they can do 1 damage, you will automatically win every fight with zero damage to your units. Obviously, the higher your attrition goes, the higher your attacking defense needs to be to compensate and the threshold is much higher in CE, but the general premise is the same. Attacking defense > attacking attack for hovers.
Yeah there's no losing of RQs past InA. And definitely get that attacking defense up. The longer you go taking only 1 damage per hit (the minimum) the better.

Tannerite2

Yeah there's no losing of RQs past InA. And definitely get that attacking defense up. The longer you go taking only 1 damage per hit (the minimum) the better.

Thank you for clarifying one the damage. I have used them some, but not a ton, so I assumed 0 was the minimum. The wording on the force field ability is very weird to me.

And thank you for telling me about the RQs as well. Now I don't have to worry about advancing.

theshowpro

I just wanted to thank Uberhelp for the guide. It was spot on and I am in PME now with all the FE troops the guide predicted I would have. Also thanks to Halgar for the clarification on how to move from one continent to the other in the World Map. One thing I would note is that in order to finish off the FE cMap you will have to take the last Jay Danbar province in order to be able to scout the last FE province. Just make sure to do this only after you have the 4 Hover Tanks.....just scout it and ignore it until then. Given the comments on the AF and OF troops, I will not rush into that and instead move into CE, rebuild my city and ramp up my attack/defence as suggested to see just how effective I can be with the Hovers. Thanks again, the guide is superb and extremely helpful Now to look at the Settlements Guide as I suck there....lol.......

King Ste

What quests exactly give the hover tanks? How far on the cMap do I need to go in order to get them? As far as I know, Joy Danba owns two provinces; will I need to negotiate his second province as well or will I get the 4 tanks earlier?

UBERhelp1

What quests exactly give the hover tanks? How far on the cMap do I need to go in order to get them? As far as I know, Joy Danba owns two provinces; will I need to negotiate his second province as well or will I get the 4 tanks earlier?
The quest, Greetings from a Friend, gives you 3 Hovers, and can only be gotten by negotiating Joy Danba's provinces. When I say in the guide, you must negotiate any provinces owned by her, .... you must negotiate any provinces owned by her.

You have to get to at least Joy Danba's second province to get the 3 hovers. To get the quest with 1 hover, Business in Bisoraba, that you get no matter how you do the FE story, you have to take Bisoraba completely.

King Ste

Any advice for Sao Mavaldo (the last TE province)? It seems impossible to either fight or negotiate. I don’t have MG Teams, though; PME champion had been very effective until now.

UBERhelp1

Any advice for Sao Mavaldo (the last TE province)? It seems impossible to either fight or negotiate. I don’t have MG Teams, though; PME champion had been very effective until now.
I mean if you can't fight it, negotiate for it. It's a bigger province so you'll need more goods, but it shouldn't be too bad from what I recall.

mintbunnies

Thanks bunches for this thread. I'm in IndyA and just finished the progressive map, moving next to Modern. However I do have a question. I completed the entire progressive map and storyline but I didn't receive my 2 tanks. Neither did I get 2 snipers but I wasn't expecting this since I picked Uxrow by fighting. Trying to figure out where I messed up because a guildmate will be following the notes from what I did.

I do have a slight suggestion for the progressive section. It's not quite clear which technologies are called for in what order. I saved a handful of technologies for the quests up to PME. However some quests called to have specific technologies unlocked such as "have 3 police stations". As a necessary building this might be good to combine as part of the quest "Research 3 technologies" quest.

In other words I research 3 old technologies from previous ages for that quest but if I had known I needed to have Law and Order researched and the techs leading up to it, I would have researched those instead. Then I could have saved my old unresearch techs.

As it is now, I probably don't have enough open to complete up to the PME storyline. I didn't save enough technologies. This doesn't bother me but I'm just attempting to chart a path for my guildmate.

I'll most likely be back when I have my next batch of questions for Modern! Ty again.

UBERhelp1

Thanks bunches for this thread. I'm in IndyA and just finished the progressive map, moving next to Modern. However I do have a question. I completed the entire progressive map and storyline but I didn't receive my 2 tanks. Neither did I get 2 snipers but I wasn't expecting this since I picked Uxrow by fighting. Trying to figure out where I messed up because a guildmate will be following the notes from what I did.

I do have a slight suggestion for the progressive section. It's not quite clear which technologies are called for in what order. I saved a handful of technologies for the quests up to PME. However some quests called to have specific technologies unlocked such as "have 3 police stations". As a necessary building this might be good to combine as part of the quest "Research 3 technologies" quest.

In other words I research 3 old technologies from previous ages for that quest but if I had known I needed to have Law and Order researched and the techs leading up to it, I would have researched those instead. Then I could have saved my old unresearch techs.

As it is now, I probably don't have enough open to complete up to the PME storyline. I didn't save enough technologies. This doesn't bother me but I'm just attempting to chart a path for my guildmate.

I'll most likely be back when I have my next batch of questions for Modern! Ty again.
I honestly don't know why you didn't get the tanks. As far as I know, fighting Uxrow worked.

And for including police stations and such, I'll have to look into that and write something up. The only problem I could see would be tons of messages about "I already unlocked Police Stations, did I mess up?" kinda thing.

mintbunnies

I honestly don't know why you didn't get the tanks. As far as I know, fighting Uxrow worked.

And for including police stations and such, I'll have to look into that and write something up. The only problem I could see would be tons of messages about "I already unlocked Police Stations, did I mess up?" kinda thing.
Oh ok lol so I've discovered what I did wrong. I read your post wrong.

Where it says:
...then take Uxrow or Omoien by fighting, or if you would prefer 2 Snipers (ranged units), take Kriegreich by fighting. Following the fighting route (no matter who you are supporting)...

Which I took to mean that after taking Uxrow by fighting first then it didn't matter after that which you fought. So I fought them all which, in retrospect, shouldn't make sense now that I think about it. So you are meaning to say pick 1 but skip the other 2, right? I misread and thought it said fight everyone it doesn't matter who you are supporting.

Reddit says this:
My next Storyquest is Let the Wars Begin where i have to take one of the following sector: Uxrow, Omoien or Kriegereich.

You can choose either attack Uxrow/Omoien or attack Kriegreich or get them all by negotiation or attack all of them.

If you get all sectors by neogation you will be able to get 2 conscripts.If i attack Uxrow or Omoien then i will be able to get 2 tanks.if i attack Kriegreich then i will be able to get 2 snipers.if i attack all sectors then i get no units

So hence I ended up with no units. Whoops.

UBERhelp1

Oh ok lol so I've discovered what I did wrong. I read your post wrong.

Where it says:
...then take Uxrow or Omoien by fighting, or if you would prefer 2 Snipers (ranged units), take Kriegreich by fighting. Following the fighting route (no matter who you are supporting)...

Which I took to mean that after taking Uxrow by fighting first then it didn't matter after that which you fought. So I fought them all which, in retrospect, shouldn't make sense now that I think about it. So you are meaning to say pick 1 but skip the other 2, right? I misread and thought it said fight everyone it doesn't matter who you are supporting.

Reddit says this:

So hence I ended up with no units. Whoops.
That's what it is then. Sorry! I added a new warning to those sections saying to take only one just to be safe.

Great guide but it's going to take a while to work through it.

In the 1st spoiler in post 1, you say the highest unit you can get when you're in Industrial is Postmodern.

On the International server, my Brisgard city is Industrial and has been attacked multiple times by another Industrial player who has 1 Hover Tank and 7 rogues.

This isn't a rumor. It's not,"I know a guy who knows a guy who ..."

I sent a message to the attacker, hoping he'd explain how it's done. He didn't. His one-word response : quests.

Any thoughts?

UBERhelp1

Great guide but it's going to take a while to work through it.

In the 1st spoiler in post 1, you say the highest unit you can get when you're in Industrial is Postmodern.

On the International server, my Brisgard city is Industrial and has been attacked multiple times by another Industrial player who has 1 Hover Tank and 7 rogues.

This isn't a rumor. It's not,"I know a guy who knows a guy who ..."

I sent a message to the attacker, hoping he'd explain how it's done. He didn't. His one-word response : quests.

Any thoughts?
Ok. So speculation-wise, I've thought it might be possible to do this but never actually knew anyone that tried it. Basically, take the skip-tech blocker in CE strategy but do that in Industrial age. It would open up the cMap to OF while in InA or below. I was working with someone who was trying to do this in BA, and trade for the goods to get to FE, but they gave up after a while because it took so long.

Here's the general strategy. At some point before hitting the tech blocker in PME, you'd have to take the cMap sectors (skipping the CE and TE ones marked in this guide) up to and including the first FE sector, at which point your story would skip to FE. However, the question is whether or not there are provinces you have to skip in PME, or even ME, or PE (see where I'm going with this?).

To do it, it would be pretty expensive, but hovers against InA units? That's really overpowered. You'd need quite a few thousand goods, but it should be possible.

Also, I wouldn't expect him to explain. If you know something like that, you keep it secret, because that's such a powerful advantage. It's probably a secret shared only among the top-top players.

When it happened, I wondered if his guild had "paid his costs". Top guild on that server for just over 2 thousand days. Has 4 of the top 6 players. But he's not one of them. He has about 40 million points and is 64th in his guild.

It reminds me of an old American TV show: The 6 Million Dollar Man. If they rebuilt #64, how many others are there?

luicio1

hello, is it possible to get attack helicopter in INDA? i heard that only attack helicopter comes out as side quest so obtainable in low era too

the quest under i mean, is it obtainable in INDA

Attachments

• -.PNG
    -.PNG
    433.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

cogitoergorum

First of all, I want to thank @UBERhelp1 for this amazing guide! I used it a while ago to obtain PME troops in InA and it worked perfectly fine, MG teams in industrial age are fantastic.

Now I'm preparing the ground to jump from InA to PME and win some OF troops. However, I have few techs left from past ages (only 8), so I was trying to figure out, what is the minimum number of techs needed to win at least the first 2 OF units (subcruisers and eels) while still in PME?

If I'm not mistaken I count 8:
- 1 tech needed in CE
- 0 tech needed in TE (skipping it entirely)
- 3 techs needed in FE
- 4 techs needed in AF if using the combination route mentioned by Nickglover
- 0 needed in OF to get the first 2 units

Is that correct? Or, is there still a 5th tech needed to finish the AF story and enter the OF one?

Thanks!

UBERhelp1

hello, is it possible to get attack helicopter in INDA? i heard that only attack helicopter comes out as side quest so obtainable in low era too

the quest under i mean, is it obtainable in INDA
Nope. Or at the very least, when I went through CE in InA, I didn't get trigger this quest. And I don't know anyone that did.

First of all, I want to thank @UBERhelp1 for this amazing guide! I used it a while ago to obtain PME troops in InA and it worked perfectly fine, MG teams in industrial age are fantastic.

Now I'm preparing the ground to jump from InA to PME and win some OF troops. However, I have few techs left from past ages (only 8), so I was trying to figure out, what is the minimum number of techs needed to win at least the first 2 OF units (subcruisers and eels) while still in PME?

If I'm not mistaken I count 8:
- 1 tech needed in CE
- 0 tech needed in TE (skipping it entirely)
- 3 techs needed in FE
- 4 techs needed in AF if using the combination route mentioned by Nickglover
- 0 needed in OF to get the first 2 units

Is that correct? Or, is there still a 5th tech needed to finish the AF story and enter the OF one?

Thanks!
Yes. Using the combo route you should be able to get the OF troops without needing more techs. But if you haven't counted the techs you can get from PE, ME, and PME, you can get a decent amount of techs. I think 3 from PE, 1 from ME, and another from PME. That's an additional 5 techs, which means you can get all the OF troops if you do the combo route.