• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

GodDalton

Ive age up to indy and i took las penas thinking the " avoid las penas whenever possible " was only for ca... is my 2nd rq gone for good? Can i still get higher troops?

UBERhelp1

Ive age up to indy and i took las penas thinking the " avoid las penas whenever possible " was only for ca... is my 2nd rq gone for good? Can i still get higher troops?
Yup. You can still get higher era troops. However, to get your RQ back you now have to finish the InA bonus questline.

GodDalton

Nice, thank you. So if i just follow the story line after completing the indy bonus quest, is there a risk of loosing it again? Like trigering another era bonus quest? I dont see any other warning in your walkthrough

UBERhelp1

Nice, thank you. So if i just follow the story line after completing the indy bonus quest, is there a risk of loosing it again? Like trigering another era bonus quest? I dont see any other warning in your walkthrough
Nope. After the InA bonus quest, there are no more bonus quests in the game.

GodDalton

If i choose to get the conscript in the part 2 can i still get the tank ? In part 2 you say to be careful which sectors you take. In part 3 you mention it again but only if you choose rapid fire canon. So if i choose to neg for the conscript i can get all the other troops after regardless which sector i take?

UBERhelp1

If i choose to get the conscript in the part 2 can i still get the tank ? In part 2 you say to be careful which sectors you take. In part 3 you mention it again but only if you choose rapid fire canon. So if i choose to neg for the conscript i can get all the other troops after regardless which sector i take?
Yes and no, so you get either the conscripts or the RFC. If you fought, you get either the tanks or snipers depending on which provinces you attacked first. So negotiating, you will not get the tanks/snipers, nor the RFC

icarusethan

No. The OF troops are the limit that you can get. After OF, you have to be in the age to get anywhere in the questline, so you can't get any more higher aged troops.
well, that stinks... I'm in FE and soon gonna be in AF. As far as i can tell, None of the AF/OF troops work better than hover in auto... i guess i don't need to rush the story line then

GodDalton

Im still in indy and on pme map now. I got the commando with predator quest. Does it matter if you neg or fight for the rest of the remaining troops?

UBERhelp1

Im still in indy and on pme map now. I got the commando with predator quest. Does it matter if you neg or fight for the rest of the remaining troops?
To get the MG teams, you have to follow the instructions laid out in that part of the guide.

Part 4: Oceanic Future Troops, in PME
This is probably the most complicated section in this guide. To get FE troops in PME, you have to skip over the CE story questline's tech blocker quest. And to do that, you have to follow some very specific requirements. Note that the exact requirements are a little iffy, you have a little bit of flexibility in what will actually work, however this is what I am 100% sure works.

Preparation
First, the player should not have completed the PME story questline yet (the second last quest is "The End of this Chapter," which requires you to research the last two techs in PME, it is probably easiest to stop at this quest. Before completing the PME story, you have to take provinces on the cMap in CE and TE, and also the first FE province, Agadar. Note that you must negotiate Agadar to get an extra 3 Hover Tanks (heavy units)!

However, there are specific provinces that must be skipped on the CE and TE maps. See the spoiler below for the maps and the provinces you have to skip in each age.
Skip the provinces that remain unscouted on these maps, and don't forget to take the first FE province (Agadar)
waw9MQ4.png

nmRqXzl.png

Skipping the Tech Blocker
After taking the first FE province, you can finish the PME story. Then, follow the story through the CE storyline. It will ask you to scout one of the CE provinces that you skipped. Make sure to abort through recurring quests as you progress through the story, since there are a good amount of CE side quests that give units that can trigger. You can get 2 Missile Artillery (artillery units), 2 Attack Helicopters, (fast units), 2 Assault Tanks (heavy units), and 3 Anti-Aircraft Vehicles (ranged units). The CE story will need 1 tech to be researched.

Towards the end of the CE story, you will skip from the CE story to the FE story, jumping over the CE story's tech blocker quest. After this happens, the story will progress like normal.

Future Era Story
Once you start the FE story, be sure to negotiate every sector owned by Joy Danba, this will give you an extra 3 Hover Tanks (heavy units), and they are one of the most powerful units in the game.

Only take sectors as requested by the FE storyline. Especially, do not take the province Kolaburg completely until the quest "Down the Rabbit Hole," as otherwise you will have to research an additional technology. Also, be sure to take sectors of Fort Buntu by force, since this will yield 2 Rail Gun (artillery units) and 2 Satellite Spotter (ranged units).

Also, if the player receives the quest "An Old Acquaintance," they will receive an additional 3 Exoskeleton Soldier (light units). It is not quite known how this quest can exactly be triggered, or what causes it not to be triggered. I got this quest when negotiating all the FE provinces.

In total, the player can gain 4 Hover Tanks (heavy units), 6 Exoskeleton Soldier (light units), 2 Drone Swarm (fast units), 2 Rail Gun (artillery units), and 2 Satellite Spotter (ranged units). The FE story requires 3 techs to be researched, 4 if the player takes Kolaburg completely before the quest "Down the Rabbit Hole."

After the story quests jump to FE, the story follows along normally, but I did want to add the above information just because it is so important. The player is not tech blocked after they skip the CE blocker until they reach the end of the OF story. To see more information on the AF and OF stories, troops, and cMaps, see Part 5 (below).
This is a great guide thanks! I just started the FE story as planned and now I'm wondering when to take the skipped CE and TE provinces on the cMap. Any information about that? thanks a lot!