• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Tuminator

While pushing trough te CE and TE maps, I accidentally scouted one of the provinces on the CE-map that should remain untouched. Am I screwed now?

Tuminator

It was Salfah.

I'm playing on mobile, and the 'return'button was right on top of the scout-button, making me accidentally scout Salfah instead of returning to the main screen.
Aaargghh!

I'm now pushing TE-map, already triggerd 'Dictators Death' (but not yet completed it).

UBERhelp1

It was Salfah.

I'm playing on mobile, and the 'return'button was right on top of the scout-button, making me accidentally scout Salfah instead of returning to the main screen.
Aaargghh!

I'm now pushing TE-map, already triggerd 'Dictators Death' (but not yet completed it).
Then you might be fine. I'd still try for it anyways.

theicemanguy

I just managed to get hovers in progressive. (I was already in PE when this got discovered.) Everything in the guide is totally right; I pushed the map before getting to "Truth or Dare?". The MG teams from PME were enough to fight almost everything manually (I have about 650/500 A/D), except for a few sectors in the FE map where both waves had 3 or 4 hovers. If I wasn't able to fight, it would have been pretty tough - it takes oh so many goods to negotiate everything. I'm pretty sure "Dictator's Death" always triggers; I was on the FE map, completed "Dictator's Death," and the next quest was "Eyes Ahead."

Ben Trovato

I'm not sure I'm picking up on the detail here. How far do you have to move on the map before Truth or Dare? Are there stopping points before Agadar? Do you leap both tech blockers, PME and CE, in a single bound (apart from Dictator's Death)? Doing this in PME, I found getting some CE units helpful in fighting through FE. It would be good to also have them working from IndA.

Last edited:

theicemanguy

I'm not sure I'm picking up on the detail here. How far do you have to move on the map before Truth or Dare? Are there stopping points before Agadar? Do you leap both tech blockers, PME and CE, in a single bound?

The way I did, I moved all the way to Agadar before "Truth or Dare?". After getting "Truth or Dare?", I then completed a recurring quest and received "Dictator's Death" in its place. I completed "Dictator's Death" and got "Eyes Ahead" next. I assume it's equally possible to get to "Truth or Dare?" and then move to Agadar afterwards.

ant..

How many techs should be left behind?
I've started a new city, currently in EMA and I don't want to leave all these expansions behind if not necessary.

UBERhelp1

How many techs should be left behind?
I've started a new city, currently in EMA and I don't want to leave all these expansions behind if not necessary.
As it says in the guide, you'll need 13 techs to get hovers, or 23 techs to get all the possible troops in InA. Some of those should be completed by using InA techs, but beyond that I'd save every tech possible, or plan out what I want to research and then find how to get the techs I need while having enough for the story.

theicemanguy

Are the AF/OF troops actually worth it? Trying to figure out if I should spend the time to keep going (I have plenty of techs available).

UBERhelp1

Are the AF/OF troops actually worth it? Trying to figure out if I should spend the time to keep going (I have plenty of techs available).
If you have the techs, I'd go for it. You can also get diamonds from the questline, and some expansions from the map. You'll also be able to get plenty of AF and OF goods.

BantyRooster

I stumbled across this guide 3 weeks ago and had just gotten to industrial age. I read your guide numerous times and even went through the story quests a few times on wiki. I appreciate the work you've done and particularly the sharing it. I managed 138 attrition on the last day of this past GBG season. Amazed & thrilled! Thanks!! Bok bok!

UBERhelp1

I stumbled across this guide 3 weeks ago and had just gotten to industrial age. I read your guide numerous times and even went through the story quests a few times on wiki. I appreciate the work you've done and particularly the sharing it. I managed 138 attrition on the last day of this past GBG season. Amazed & thrilled! Thanks!! Bok bok!
I appreciate that! Thanks for the feedback!

Pericles the Lion

Your guide is great! I'm in Indy working thru the PME cMap. The active story quest is "Checking out Che" and I have two "Guerrilla Warfare" side quests active. One wants me to nego two sectors in Cai Chet Nui and nego 2 sectors in Rung Chien Dau. The other wants me to recruit 6 units and pay 75K supplies. Does it matter what order I do these quests? Thanks.

UBERhelp1

Your guide is great! I'm in Indy working thru the PME cMap. The active story quest is "Checking out Che" and I have two "Guerrilla Warfare" side quests active. One wants me to nego two sectors in Cai Chet Nui and nego 2 sectors in Rung Chien Dau. The other wants me to recruit 6 units and pay 75K supplies. Does it matter what order I do these quests? Thanks.
It shouldn't.

Tuminator

I managed to get all the FE-troops while in InA, big thumbs up for this guide!

Unfortunatly I have no more techs left to get the AF/OF-troops, unless I advance to PE. Considering the advanced battle tactics I'm not sure if it will be worth the trouble.
What do you guys think: a. stay in InA using hoovers, or b. progress to PE and go for the AF/OF-troops (my main goal for now is to fight as much as possible in GBG)

I managed to get all the FE-troops while in InA, big thumbs up for this guide!

Unfortunatly I have no more techs left to get the AF/OF-troops, unless I advance to PE. Considering the advanced battle tactics I'm not sure if it will be worth the trouble.
What do you guys think: a. stay in InA using hoovers, or b. progress to PE and go for the AF/OF-troops (my main goal for now is to fight as much as possible in GBG)

I only use hovers and Railguns to fight in InA GbG although i have all AF units and getting OF troops soon. I'm thinking about progressing to PE because in InA howitzers at a high attrition can easily kill your hovers because of stealth detection. There is no stealth detection in PE...

Last edited:
How do you reach something like 138 attrition? Do you have sky high boosts? I can only get to around 80, max 90 attrition if fighting manually and avoiding 8 howitzer armies.

Pericles the Lion

I'm in Indy following your guide. I'm closing in on "The End of This Chapter" which requires 2 PME techs to complete. Section 4 of your guide describes how to get FE units in PME but several posters have discussed getting FE units in Indy. How does an InA player get these units while being blocked by the PME tech blocker? I'm guessing they come from side quests but wanted to check before I step off into the CE cMap. Thanks.