• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

UBERhelp1

I'm in Indy following your guide. I'm closing in on "The End of This Chapter" which requires 2 PME techs to complete. Section 4 of your guide describes how to get FE units in PME but several posters have discussed getting FE units in Indy. How does an InA player get these units while being blocked by the PME tech blocker? I'm guessing they come from side quests but wanted to check before I step off into the CE cMap. Thanks.
You're looking for Part 6. Basically, don't complete the Truth or Dare quest.

Pericles the Lion

Thanks UBER. It didn't occur to me to read ahead. Duh! I only have three techs remaining in InA so it looks like I'll have to age up to PE. No big deal, I wasn't planning on staying in InA long. One last question before I step off... in taking the CE and TE provinces does it make a difference if I negotiate or do some provinces need to be attacked?

UBERhelp1

Thanks UBER. It didn't occur to me to read ahead. Duh! I only have three techs remaining in InA so it looks like I'll have to age up to PE. No big deal, I wasn't planning on staying in InA long. One last question before I step off... in taking the CE and TE provinces does it make a difference if I negotiate or do some provinces need to be attacked?
It won't matter whether you fight or nego in TE and CE at all.

Pericles the Lion

It won't matter whether you fight or nego in TE and CE at all.
Thank you. Thanks to you my InA PvP adversaries were surprised today when they came up against Commandos and MG Teams. Hopefully, I don't screw up your guidance and will soon be fielding hover tanks. GBG should be a lot more fun then. I'm very glad that I found your Guide.

theicemanguy

I wonder if it may be superior to use Hovers in PE as opposed to Indy. I'm in PE and have ~650/500 A/D, and so I can "only" auto to the low 100s (it does get kind of risky at 90+ - I had to use diamonds once). At lower attrition though, it's much less about the possibility of the hover dying and much more about reducing the likelihood that it takes a single point of damage - and it seems like you can just get through many more totally unscathed fights when you aren't facing any units that can see stealth. Max attrition isn't quite as important as just being able to fight faster and do more fights IMO.

UBERhelp1

I wonder if it may be superior to use Hovers in PE as opposed to Indy. I'm in PE and have ~650/500 A/D, and so I can "only" auto to the low 100s (it does get kind of risky at 90+ - I had to use diamonds once). At lower attrition though, it's much less about the possibility of the hover dying and much more about reducing the likelihood that it takes a single point of damage - and it seems like you can just get through many more totally unscathed fights when you aren't facing any units that can see stealth. Max attrition isn't quite as important as just being able to fight faster and do more fights IMO.
It might be easier. I personally haven't had them in any age lower than PME, so I have no idea.

Tuminator

You might be right. The main reason for me not to go te PE is mainly because of the advanced battle tactics (i.e. the enemy will go after the non-rogues first). However, you can't hit what you can't see...

On the other hand, I have about 350/350 A/D and can still autobattle with 100 attr. (making me wonder what that number will be if I have 650/650).
Only tricky opponents are the 8 howi's, but fighting them manually at 130 attr. is still a walk in the park.

Think I'm gonna hang around in InA untill I have the fighting GB's all up to atleast 60.

Pericles the Lion

I'm in InA and followed Part 6. "Truth or Dare" remains uncompleted. I ran the CE and TE map skipping provinces mentioned in Part 4. Then I negotiated Agadar on the FE map. Afterwards, I aborted a RQ and got "Dictator's Death". After completing this quest I got "Eyes Ahead" which is the first quest in the FE story. In your guide I read that I would jump to the FE storyline but I didn't expect the jump so soon. Did I mess something up?

UBERhelp1

It should be working fine since you're on the FE questline. I would have expected you'd go through more of the CE story line though.

Pericles the Lion

Thanks, so far so good. On "Even More Cyber Attacks" now. I'm looking ahead to "Last Stop : Fort Buntu" Section 4 of the guide says "be sure to take sectors of Fort Buntu by force, since this will yield 2 Rail Gun (artillery units) and 2 Satellite Spotter (ranged units)." There are 15 sectors. Will taking only 1 by force do the trick?

Pericles the Lion

Thanks again UBER. I fought one sector of Fort Buntu and negotiated the others necessary to complete the quests. I got all of the FE units available from the questline. I got tech blocked by "Evidence of Atrocity" but that's fine. I wish that I'd found your guide before aging out of IA. I would have saved up the "dead end" technologies. No matter, battling in InA with a boosted FE army should be fun. Best regards.

UBERhelp1

Thanks again UBER. I fought one sector of Fort Buntu and negotiated the others necessary to complete the quests. I got all of the FE units available from the questline. I got tech blocked by "Evidence of Atrocity" but that's fine. I wish that I'd found your guide before aging out of IA. I would have saved up the "dead end" technologies. No matter, battling in InA with a boosted FE army should be fun. Best regards.
Glad to help!

What would be a reasonable price to buy the goods needed for part 6 in your guide? To negotiate all sectors from contemporay era to oceanic future? I play on the dutch server.

Halgar

Is there a guide for "least techs to unlock per era"? I'm starting a new city to try to get hovers in InA, and am trying to save as many techs as possible for later.

I'm just working backwards from the last tech in the era to try to see what is the least that I have to unlock to make it there, but if there's already a screenshot of each era with the least amount unlocked in order to move to the next era, then it'd be a nice reference.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Is there a guide for "least techs to unlock per era"? I'm starting a new city to try to get hovers in InA, and am trying to save as many techs as possible for later.

I'm just working backwards from the last tech in the era to try to see what is the least that I have to unlock to make it there, but if there's already a screenshot of each era with the least amount unlocked in order to move to the next era, then it'd be a nice reference.
I don't have a chart, but a lot of expansions and goods buildings will have to be skipped.

Draqone

You might be right. The main reason for me not to go te PE is mainly because of the advanced battle tactics (i.e. the enemy will go after the non-rogues first). However, you can't hit what you can't see...

The tactics don't work in GBG and GE anyway.

William of Wales

Uber ... many thanks for the time and effort you spend on behalf of the FoE community. My question relates to Higher Age Troops in ME. I conquered the first two provinces by force and completed the Rin Gozen section of the ME Storyline. The Rin Gozen Warriors side quest did not appear. Subsequently I have completed 10 of the 11 provinces on the ME map, all by force, and the side quest still has not appeared. I have progressed strictly by the sequence of the storyline. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Last edited:

LGLiNGK

Uber many thanks to you and your team for that detailed guide. I wish I had all this information before I rushed through quests and conquering provinces. So I have already messed up the quest but still seeking some advice on how to best proceed. I am currently in Progressive and have gotten PME troops. I already completed "Truth or Dare" unfortunately. I am at the "End of this Chapter" quest which ask to research "Special Operations" and "Squad Tactics". So when I recently came across this thread I had already conquered most of the CE map a. I had already conquered "Salfah" a while back for the goods deposit, and two sectors of "Suqqah" was taken (already scouted) although unconquered. I figured from there I'll follow your instructions to see if I get lucky. So I fought the rest of the CE map, then conquered the TE map skipping/not scouting the three sectors mentioned. I negotiated all the sectors of "Agadar" in FE map and that's where I have stopped. Obviously nothing happened in the story quest (still at PME tech blocker) so I know I must age up to get Hovers and OF troops. What I would like to know is that whether I can get these troops if I age up from PE to PME or do I have to go CE to get the FE questline - if at all its still possible. Any advise would be welcomed. can provide screenshots if needed....Many thanks