• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Tytan the Great

If I were you I'd continue on the PME cMap to get the champ as well. But that's just my preference.

I'm not a fan of Raino, since they tend to leave out information or not tell you certain things, but most of it is accurate as far as I can tell.

You should get some AAVs (I think, not 100% sure. Once again, I haven't tested this so I can't verify it) from the cMap, and you'd want to negotiate the Sheik's provinces. You get more diamonds. :)
I got the champ, and am currently stuck at the end of the PME quest line where it asks to research 2 PME tech. I am debating about aging up to PME sooner.

Cennyan

Thanks for this min-guide! I am now the proud owner of four shiny Hover Tanks in CE breaking 100 attrition a night!

-Sebastian-

Thanks for writing this! I'll go through my notes and see if there's anything useful I can add...

Also, regarding hover tanks in PME, I failed the first time I tried, when I left one CE province unscouted, took all of the TE provinces, and took 1 sector of the first FE province. I've got a second experiment in progress; an Iron Age city where I'm working on the last 3 TE provinces, and then it's off to FE. I've gotten everything on the map except 1 province in Indy (Las Penas), to avoid triggering the Indy Bonus Quest. I was thinking of just acquiring all provinces plus the first FE province, but that was just a guess on my part. Do you have other ideas, about leaving various provinces unscouted, or scouted but unacquired? Thanks again!

UBERhelp1

Thank you. That’s what I want to know. Any tips for going though the Contemporary map?
Thanks for writing this! I'll go through my notes and see if there's anything useful I can add...

Also, regarding hover tanks in PME, I failed the first time I tried, when I left one CE province unscouted, took all of the TE provinces, and took 1 sector of the first FE province. I've got a second experiment in progress; an Iron Age city where I'm working on the last 3 TE provinces, and then it's off to FE. I've gotten everything on the map except 1 province in Indy (Las Penas), to avoid triggering the Indy Bonus Quest. I was thinking of just acquiring all provinces plus the first FE province, but that was just a guess on my part. Do you have other ideas, about leaving various provinces unscouted, or scouted but unacquired? Thanks again!
Alright. My best source of information on the CE map to skip the quests is on the German forums, [here]. Basically what they say is to skip the tech blockers you must not take Salfah or Suqqah. Then you take the first FE province, and complete the PME tech blocker quest (research the last two PME techs). Then, hopefully, completing the story quest rush that follows, you avoid having to take the whole CE map, therefore skipping the tech blockers.

-Sebastian-

Alright. My best source of information on the CE map to skip the quests is on the German forums, [here]. Basically what they say is to skip the tech blockers you must not take Salfah or Suqqah. Then you take the first FE province, and complete the PME tech blocker quest (research the last two PME techs). Then, hopefully, completing the story quest rush that follows, you avoid having to take the whole CE map, therefore skipping the tech blockers.

Thanks! I'll look into that. The guy in my guild who did it said that he skipped only Suqqah, and showed me a screenshot. But it's possible that he might have taken Salfah afterwards, and forgot about it. I skipped only Suqqah, but that wasn't enough, so maybe I needed to skip another province too/instead (I'd thought that Al-Shadyra was the other optional province, but maybe I was wrong, or maybe we get to pick one). But possibly more importantly, I only took the first sector of the first FE province, and not the entire first FE province.

I've already taken all the CE provinces in my 2nd city, but I'll have the FE province within a week, and then I'll start aging up from IronA. It might take a while before I get those story quests to FE, though. ;-)

P C C

Part 3:
Postmodern Era Troops
Early on in the PME cMap, the "Predator" side quest can be triggered, which results in the player receiving one Commando (light unit). To reach this quest, the player goes through a short side-quest line (abortable). It starts with "Guerilla Warfare," which actually yields diamonds. Some players receive a second quest of the same name which also yields diamonds.
For me, the second Guerilla Warfare quest had 2 random rewards though I assume diamonds could have been one of them if lucky. (I accidentally aborted the first one, suppose that could have affected the second.)

Thanks for this guide, I just added the 5 MG that come after the above and am definitely enjoying using them against PE units. It may be implied, but just in case: infiltrating Che sectors was fine as long as I didn't actually fight.

WinnerGR

Part 2: Industrial and Progressive Era Troops (In CA)
Industrial Age Troops
In order to avoid loss of an RQ slot, negotiate southern provinces and attack the northern ones. To gain more diamonds later on, be sure to negotiate any sector with natives defending it. Whenever possible, avoid taking sectors of Las Penas. Remember to only do what is necessary – don't work ahead, and be slow in researching technology. By following this technique, the player should receive 1 Rifleman (ranged unit), 2 Jaeger Infantry (light units), 4 Lancers (fast units), and 8 Bronze Age Horsemen (fast units).
OK I am looking at doing this but how far do I need to go in the Indy Map to get the first reward i.e. number of provinces to get 1 Riflman ?

UBERhelp1

OK I am looking at doing this but how far do I need to go in the Indy Map to get the first reward i.e. number of provinces to get 1 Riflman ?
Assuming you are in CA, you will need to take Okahe and scout the next two provinces, infiltrating some sectors. The quests will give you 1 Rifleman and 2 Jaegers before requiring you to do anything else.

WinnerGR

Assuming you are in CA, you will need to take Okahe and scout the next two provinces, infiltrating some sectors. The quests will give you 1 Rifleman and 2 Jaegers before requiring you to do anything else.
Wow , thats not too far way from where I am , thanks.

WinnerGR

I have done that now and I got 3 small FP packages .
Where are my units ?

Bozman0

There is an error in the VF troops
You can not get VF troops in OF
I am in OF finished the tech and campaign map 7 provinces into VF. The story line ended with the last quest for OF. Contacted support they stated the VF story-line will continue when you move to VF.
I just moved into VF and support was correct the story line started.
The VF troops are not available in OF for me anyway

UBERhelp1

There is an error in the VF troops
You can not get VF troops in OF
I am in OF finished the tech and campaign map 7 provinces into VF. The story line ended with the last quest for OF. Contacted support they stated the VF story-line will continue when you move to VF.
I just moved into VF and support was correct the story line started.
The VF troops are not available in OF for me anyway
So, the story quests just stopped? Did you take provinces only as directed by the story, or did you work ahead?

Bozman0

So, the story quests just stopped? Did you take provinces only as directed by the story, or did you work ahead?
Followed the story line got to the last quest for OF story line stopped went on fandom to see what the next quest was take a province in VF did that to see if the story line would kick in it did not. then took a couple more provinces to see if it would kick in it did not. sent a request to support they stated I would have to move into VF for the story line to continue. I move into VF and the story line did start again

Onyxblack

The video for showing how to get hover tanks in PME on YouTube has been set to private... Which stinks... I've been setting up to rush the quest line for the past 3 weeks... And my go date is tomorrow once the gbg starts.

I am currently in progressive era, quest is up to the last part of PME, and I am mapped up to TF (all but one sector in agadar is complete)

If all goes well, I plan on questing up to 'The end of this chapter' in PME, negotiating the last sector in Agadar, and then completing the quest 'The end of this chapter'... if all goes well It should start a quest line in TF skipping the rest. Then i will rush that quest line, and spend diamonds to explore as i work to get the 4 hovertanks, negotiating everything.

This should allow me to be fighting progressive era troops in gbg with hover tanks... ... ... that is if i did everything correctly...

-Sebastian-

The video for showing how to get hover tanks in PME on YouTube has been set to private... Which stinks... I've been setting up to rush the quest line for the past 3 weeks... And my go date is tomorrow once the gbg starts.

I am currently in progressive era, quest is up to the last part of PME, and I am mapped up to TF (all but one sector in agadar is complete)

If all goes well, I plan on questing up to 'The end of this chapter' in PME, negotiating the last sector in Agadar, and then completing the quest 'The end of this chapter'... if all goes well It should start a quest line in TF skipping the rest. Then i will rush that quest line, and spend diamonds to explore as i work to get the 4 hovertanks, negotiating everything.

This should allow me to be fighting progressive era troops in gbg with hover tanks... ... ... that is if i did everything correctly...

Are you skipping any provinces on the CE and TE map? And will you be acquiring the entire 1st province on the Future map?