• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Nicholas002

The video for showing how to get hover tanks in PME on YouTube has been set to private... Which stinks... I've been setting up to rush the quest line for the past 3 weeks... And my go date is tomorrow once the gbg starts.

I am currently in progressive era, quest is up to the last part of PME, and I am mapped up to TF (all but one sector in agadar is complete)

If all goes well, I plan on questing up to 'The end of this chapter' in PME, negotiating the last sector in Agadar, and then completing the quest 'The end of this chapter'... if all goes well It should start a quest line in TF skipping the rest. Then i will rush that quest line, and spend diamonds to explore as i work to get the 4 hovertanks, negotiating everything.

This should allow me to be fighting progressive era troops in gbg with hover tanks... ... ... that is if i did everything correctly...
Cool. I am doing similar this Thursday, but on a smaller scale.
I am going from HMA to LMA and getting the CA units, hopefully within minutes of aging up.

Onyxblack

Are you skipping any provinces on the CE and TE map? And will you be acquiring the entire 1st province on the Future map?
Yep, I am, but looks like I got stuck. My questline went right to Dictators Death in CE.... (Skipping all other CE), waiting for my 5min productions to see if i get screwed by the king of the desert or not... screen shot of maps...

Nicholas002

my city is packed... got to do 5 min x 20... in buildings from your age or previous. So used a few one up's on 2x sleigh builders and will let you know what happens currently at 14/20 so have at least 15 mins left..
make sure to start the productions with a finger on your left hand. that is the trick to skipping king of the desert.

No one has proved that it is necessary, but everyone who managed to skip king of the desert clicked with their left hand, so there is no point risking all that work, with something so simple.

Im just kidding, but that's about how intricate and weird the loopholes are, lol

Onyxblack

Last two 5 min just started... to save the amount of posts on this thread I will save the post button for after its completed... That note; Yes i did start the last two with my left hand, lets see where the quest-gods take me.

... /spongebob5minslater.jpg

PEACE MOVEMENT!!!!!!! PME QUEST!

I went from CE quest to PME Quest?! What?!

Onyxblack

ouch. sorry to hear that :(
It didn't go to king of the desert - so I am happy... Will report back one i get my traz flipped so i can get some current age troops so i can delete them

Peace Movement.... The End of this Chapter.... Around the world.... and.... Into the desert... damnit, it didn't skip it...

beach head
meet the sheik
shiek over
a madman and his men
macabre madman
madman's menace
madman-at-arms

looks like the king of the desert might get me...

madmans message...
madman's magic
madmans monsters
madmans mayhhem
madman's military
the dangerous dictator
dictator drama
dictator dungeon

i dont feel so good

dictator's dynamite
madman's mischief

EYE AHEAD!!! FUTURE QUEST!

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

It didn't go to king of the desert - so I am happy... Will report back one i get my traz flipped so i can get some current age troops so i can delete them

Peace Movement.... The End of this Chapter.... Around the world.... and.... Into the desert... damnit, it didn't skip it...
From what I heard, you still go through some of the CE questline. It just skips past the end part, with King of the Desert.

(Note for future readers, skips the end part when the correct provinces are skipped)

UBERhelp1

Looks like i got it!!! Am doing future quests right now... Though its going to be close, I only have two available researches and I know there's at least two required to get the hover tanks just doing the future quests... hope this isn't all in vain!
I count 3 techs to get to them... hope I messed up though.

Curley Jue

Great guide. I am interested in Part 2. Getting IA units in CA.
I am still in EMA but I want to get the 2 expansions of the IA map and "buy" them with goods.
In addition to that I want to make sure not to destroy the trigger of the quest that provides IA Units as soon as I am in CA.
I am a bit lost... The guide tells in Part 2 " Industrial Age Troops In order to avoid loss of an RQ slot, negotiate southern provinces and attack the northern ones."" Is it crucial to fight? Will be tough with EMA Units...

-Sebastian-

I am a bit lost... The guide tells in Part 2 " Industrial Age Troops In order to avoid loss of an RQ slot, negotiate southern provinces and attack the northern ones."" Is it crucial to fight? Will be tough with EMA Units...

It may be. There are 4 main paths for the Indy Story Quests: if you fight against both North and South, if you fight against the North and negotiate with the South, if you negotiate with the North and fight against the South, and if you negotiate with both North and South. (There's also a separate choice when it comes to fighting or negotiating the first province with Chief Sitting Duck.) We can get slightly different units each way, but I don't know all the details. (I'm pretty sure that we get slightly more diamonds, if we take a more negotiate-y path.)

The 2 main goals seem to be to get through the Indy map without triggering the Indy Bonus Quests, and to get through the Indy Story Quests without triggering the Indy Bonus Quests. A side goal is to get all the expansions on the Indy map. If you fight against the North and negotiate with the South, you can do this. I don't know about the other 3 paths; I think some of them won't allow you to accomplish all 3 goals.

The Indy Bonus Quests seem to be triggered by acquiring both Las Penas and Garrincton. Acquiring only one of them is safe, though. And most people prefer to acquire Garrincton, because it gives an expansion. The path that involves fighting against the North and negotiating with the South lets us do this; I don't even think it requires us to scout Las Penas at all (which is helpful in terms of Daily Quests). I think some of the other 3 paths might require scouting both provinces, or even acquiring both provinces, or maybe just acquiring Las Penas (which would be a problem if you've already acquired Garrincton). But that would only be a problem if you wanted to get PE units while in CA or Indy.

(I'm running an experiment now where I negotiated the entire Indy map, but I'm in EMA tech and LMA story quests now, so it'll be a while before I get to Indy and see what happens with the story quests.)

If you try negotiating with both sides, let us know what happens when you get to the Indy story quests? :)

Onyxblack

so do u scout the first province of FE map before finishing the PME quest to get tanks?
yes; first province needs to be completed before hand. You will need to do some ce quests but it will bounce all over the place. (see my previous post when i thought i wasn't going to get it). But yes, complete first province of FE then do the quests. DO NOT RESEARCH ANYTHING UNLESS absolutely necessary. Once in FE quests you will need to have two things available to research and you will be at the end of the PME tab due to quests. You NEED to have at least a handfull of the 'optional' researches available.