• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

AustinJ78

This guide is amazing! I'm in CA, and followed the steps for getting IndA and PE troops, and it worked flawlessly! The amount of work and collaboration that went into this is mind-boggling. Thank you so much, to everyone who has made this happen!!

I had a quick question. I'm planning to stay in CA for a little while, but am looking forward to following this guide once I move on to IndA. In the meantime, I'd like to conquer the PE provinces that I scouted during the process, so I don't get Campaign Map tasks in my Daily Quests. I looked through the next few sections of the guide, but I wasn't confident I didn't miss something.

Is it safe to conquer Kriegreich and Omoien via combat (or negotiation), while I'm still in CA, and not screw up any chances for future troops once I've advanced to IndA and beyond?

I'm interested to try your strategy starting in Bronze age. I'm now on the Ina cmap and have not followed your attack / negotiation advise as I had not read it prior. At the moment, I can't fight any further imo since I can't beat the Ina artillery with my ema heavy unit. Would it be possible to advance to the FE stort quest without any further fight?

UBERhelp1

This guide is amazing! I'm in CA, and followed the steps for getting IndA and PE troops, and it worked flawlessly! The amount of work and collaboration that went into this is mind-boggling. Thank you so much, to everyone who has made this happen!!

I had a quick question. I'm planning to stay in CA for a little while, but am looking forward to following this guide once I move on to IndA. In the meantime, I'd like to conquer the PE provinces that I scouted during the process, so I don't get Campaign Map tasks in my Daily Quests. I looked through the next few sections of the guide, but I wasn't confident I didn't miss something.

Is it safe to conquer Kriegreich and Omoien via combat (or negotiation), while I'm still in CA, and not screw up any chances for future troops once I've advanced to IndA and beyond?
It should be fine yes. And thanks for the feedback :)

I'm interested to try your strategy starting in Bronze age. I'm now on the Ina cmap and have not followed your attack / negotiation advise as I had not read it prior. At the moment, I can't fight any further imo since I can't beat the Ina artillery with my ema heavy unit. Would it be possible to advance to the FE stort quest without any further fight?
So I'm not quite sure how early you can skip to the FE quests, at least InA at the earliest that I have proof of (and I have someone testing that right now). You can always try to get to the FE map in BA and start progressing the story, and you should be able to make it without having to fight. Just make sure that you skip Las Penas and the CE/TE sectors I show in the FE-troops-in-PME part along the way, and maybe you'll get lucky.

King David XXI

Hey all! I've been playing for years and going reaaaally slowly. I just got into InA, have Arc 101, Cape 84, CDM 81, etc.
I've only just stumbled upon this thread and can't believe I didn't find your GEM earlier!!! So first off congrats on this diamond and thanks so much do sharing it with the rest of us!! I'm just wondering if I discovered this too late...... If you could possibly take a look and share your advice it would be greatly appreciated!
-I'm mid tech tree already researched Rifleman Range but not yet Jaeger. Screenshot_20210529-235132_Forge of Empires.jpg
-Conquered Las Penas , got 4 of Dragon city (fought and maybe also negotiated), and scouted St. Marquee but didn't do anything there yet.
-Current quests are: Towards Garrincton! (acquire SM & Dragon city), SQ: Pothole Panic, RQ: Produce art pieces.
Do you or anyone know if it's still possible for me to get advanced units? TIA!!!

UBERhelp1

Hey all! I've been playing for years and going reaaaally slowly. I just got into InA, have Arc 101, Cape 84, CDM 81, etc.
I've only just stumbled upon this thread and can't believe I didn't find your GEM earlier!!! So first off congrats on this diamond and thanks so much do sharing it with the rest of us!! I'm just wondering if I discovered this too late...... If you could possibly take a look and share your advice it would be greatly appreciated!
-I'm mid tech tree already researched Rifleman Range but not yet Jaeger. View attachment 18826
-Conquered Las Penas , got 4 of Dragon city (fought and maybe also negotiated), and scouted St. Marquee but didn't do anything there yet.
-Current quests are: Towards Garrincton! (acquire SM & Dragon city), SQ: Pothole Panic, RQ: Produce art pieces.
Do you or anyone know if it's still possible for me to get advanced units? TIA!!!
It should definitely be possible for you to get advanced units, and I think you'll be able to make it through the PME questline. Since you're in InA, it won't matter that you triggered the bonus questline. You'll be able to complete it whenever you want. Once you hit the PE map, just follow what the guide says and it should all be good.

And thanks for the feedback :)

King David XXI

It should definitely be possible for you to get advanced units, and I think you'll be able to make it through the PME questline. Since you're in InA, it won't matter that you triggered the bonus questline. You'll be able to complete it whenever you want. Once you hit the PE map, just follow what the guide says and it should all be good.

And thanks for the feedback :)
Yayy! Thanks for your reply and so FAST!! :) So that means I should just plow through the cMap all the way till PE and not do quests or tech tree until then? I'll be following Part 3 of this guide, right?
On another note, do you have any YouTube videos on this topic? :)

UBERhelp1

Yayy! Thanks for your reply and so FAST!! :) So that means I should just plow through the cMap all the way till PE and not do quests or tech tree until then? I'll be following Part 3 of this guide, right?
On another note, do you have any YouTube videos on this topic? :)
Well, finish up the InA map and questline, and then everything should work normally for PE.

And no, I don't have any youtube videos of anything FoE, but it is something I've been thinking of doing for some time. That's probably the next step though for all of my guides, short of creating a dedicate website for everything.

DpakoH

Uber, thank you for sharing this info, you and anyone behind all that hard work that was put into this article are legends in my books, well done!!!

I would like to clarify few aspects of this guide, if I may.
1. The highest era troops you can get in Industrial Age are PME troops;
2. Tomorrow and higher age's troops can be acquired only upon reaching CE and researching "Stress management."
3. You can/may however acquire 3 Hover Tanks from FE even if you haven't unlocked PME tech required to progress further in the story by "skipping over the CE story questline's tech blocker quest." but it's iffy? This is the part when I raise my eyebrows. Could you explain to me this part please?

I would like to collaborate with you on the 3rd point. My current goal is to camp in InA. If you could give me more info on what you think needs to be done to get 3 Hover Tanks while in InA, I'd share my experience here.

UBERhelp1

Uber, thank you for sharing this info, you and anyone behind all that hard work that was put into this article are legends in my books, well done!!!

I would like to clarify few aspects of this guide, if I may.
1. The highest era troops you can get in Industrial Age are PME troops;
2. Tomorrow and higher age's troops can be acquired only upon reaching CE and researching "Stress management."
3. You can/may however acquire 3 Hover Tanks from FE even if you haven't unlocked PME tech required to progress further in the story by "skipping over the CE story questline's tech blocker quest." but it's iffy? This is the part when I raise my eyebrows. Could you explain to me this part please?

I would like to collaborate with you on the 3rd point. My current goal is to camp in InA. If you could give me more info on what you think needs to be done to get 3 Hover Tanks while in InA, I'd share my experience here.
1. Yes, sort of. I know you can get higher, but I'm not sure yet exactly how that's done. So for the purposes of this guide right now PME is the highest you can get.
2. Once again yes, sort of. It's a weird part of the guide I have to rewrite a bit. You can get past the CE blocker in PME, but then you end up skipping TE generally, so there's different paths to getting TE+ troops depending on what age you are in. But in CE, you have to research Stress Management and all that to get higher troops.
3. It is a little iffy. Some players ended up skipping to the TE story instead, or don't get to the FE story at all, and I'm not exactly sure what they did differently that made it do that. However, what's in the guide is what worked for me, so I know that works. Any other ways of doing it? I can't say for sure whether they'll work or not. And to finish the PME story you have to research the last two PME techs.

----------
To be clear, everything I'm writing below is purely speculation and my theory on how this works. I have not tested this at all. I do not know if it will work. So with that said, I believe that on the quest "Your Choice: Truth or Dare," it becomes an abortable quest. Then, by aborting a side or recurring quest without completing the Truth or Dare one, the story jumps to that spot instead. You complete the story there until the PME tech blocker, and then either abort or complete the Truth or Dare one. I believe that then the story proceeds normally.

Why do I think this? I have a couple clues. First, based on a player asking another player who got Hovers in InA, they had something set up where they were going to show how they did it. An account was set up with the goods needed for the cMap and they were told to leave as many techs unresearched as possible since a lot would be needed. They ended up with about 25 unresearched techs. Those techs line up with completing the whole PE, ME, PME, CE, and FE stories, along with some extra (AF, OF?). But then the one stopped responding to messages. He did say though that he's surprised no one else figured it out yet.

Also, there's no other part of the story where a story quest becomes abortable. If it's possible to skip the story, it would have to be there or pretty close to it.

I have some people testing this. One is in InA trying to skip the PME blocker, and the other is in BA trying to reach the FE map, then work their way through the story to see when it finally skips. Hopefully we get info back soon on what works and what doesn't.

1337Akira

So I'm in PE, and I accidentally scouted the CE province Salfah (province with the PE goods deposit), did I just screw myself out of getting FE troops until CE, or is there still a way to get them in PME?

UBERhelp1

So I'm in PE, and I accidentally scouted the CE province Salfah (province with the PE goods deposit), did I just screw myself out of getting FE troops until CE, or is there still a way to get them in PME?
You might have messed that up. Don't take Salfah and you might be fine, but I think there's a good chance that you'll be asked to take Salfah and then you won't be able to skip the CE tech blocker.

Nicholas002

So I finally got there in Z world! Future units in PME!
2021-06-06 17_34_53-Forge of Empires.png

To note: I did not receive the quest "friendly greetings" for the extra 3 hovers, despite only negotiating with Joy Danba's provinces.
the other provinces, I did a mixture of fighting and negotiating.

perhaps, to get "friendly greetings" you have to negotiate the whole FE map? I dunno...

Draqone

So I finally got there in Z world! Future units in PME!
View attachment 18850

To note: I did not receive the quest "friendly greetings" for the extra 3 hovers, despite only negotiating with Joy Danba's provinces.
the other provinces, I did a mixture of fighting and negotiating.

perhaps, to get "friendly greetings" you have to negotiate the whole FE map? I dunno...

Did you take only 2 sectors of Bisorabia, as the quest asked, before progressing? Not doing this might break the quests.

Nicholas002

Did you take only 2 sectors of Bisorabia, as the quest asked, before progressing? Not doing this might break the quests.
I did "an old acquaintance" (4x 24hr productions), then I did "entering bisoraba" (take 2 sectors), then the next quest was "bisoraba action" (take 4 sectors), skipping friendly greetings.

I for some of the FE map I did look ahead on the wiki what quests were coming up, and scouted ahead, so that could have been the issue.

woodchuck321

Part 7: Author's Note

As new ages are released, and if it becomes possible to again get higher era units, this guide will be updated. Additionally, as research is completed on some sections of gaining higher age units, the information will be posted here.

Want to read other guides by me about this game? Check out the list below for more!

For my own reference and for fun, the spoiler below contains a full changelog.
  • Higher Age Units Guide v1.12
    • Added more PE troops in CA information (courtesy of @Draqone)
    • Added @Draqone to the Awesome People list (thanks!)
    • Added blurb about possibly getting Hover Tanks in InA to the end of Part 3.
  • Higher Age Units Guide v1.11
    • Fixed AF troop information
    • Added AF combination strategy (via @NickGlover314's help)
    • Added @NickGlover314 to Awesome People list (thanks!)
  • Higher Age Units Guide v1.1
    • Finally fixed InA troop info... that was a nightmare
    • Made InA troop flow chart... once again that was a pain
    • New formatting of titles across all my guides
    • Fixed CA troops in LMA info (forgot musketeers!)
    • Other small fixes in grammar
    • Hopefully clearer explanations of some sections
  • Higher Age Units Guide v1.05
    • Oceanic Troops in PME information added!
  • Higher Age Units Guide v1.04
    • Fixed FE troop info
  • Higher Age Units Guide v1.03
    • Added abbreviation info chart
  • Higher Age Units Guide v1.02
    • Updated information to be more clear
    • Formatting changes for easier understanding of information
    • Updated EMA troop information (there were some errors)
    • Other small changes
  • Higher Age Units Guide v1.01
    • Updated CE troop information
    • Added Awesome People list (thanks!)
  • Higher Age Units Guide v1.00
    • Guide posted

Also, thank you very much to the people below for their help with clarifying or supplying information or helping with research:
Forum Members:
Redditors:
  • u/Limeox (Research help)
  • u/woodchuck321 (Research help)

Please note: This is a public guide, but do not plagiarize it nor claim any parts of it as your own. This includes the guide format, pictures, charts, strategies, or any other information without first obtaining permission from the author(s). Thank you for your understanding.

Finally, thanks for reading, and any feedback or comments are appreciated. If you find any errors, please PM me. Also, if anyone knows of ways to obtain units others than what is described in this guide, please feel free to share that knowledge with the community; it would be greatly appreciated.
-UBER​

ayy good to know someone finally compiled a complete guide

glad we finally got the PmE quest skip figured out - now all we have to do is test if it's possible to skip other ages in similar ways

sad that it's apparently ME+ for the Helis - I swear I've heard stories of Iron Age helecopters but I can't find them anywhere and ME is the earliest I have definitive proof of as well

I do have a new-ish world running on en1 in HMA that I was planning to use for testing more Quest Skips - are there any specific things I should be looking for at the moment?

cogitoergorum

I did "an old acquaintance" (4x 24hr productions), then I did "entering bisoraba" (take 2 sectors), then the next quest was "bisoraba action" (take 4 sectors), skipping friendly greetings.

I for some of the FE map I did look ahead on the wiki what quests were coming up, and scouted ahead, so that could have been the issue.

Hi, is it possible that you took Kalabuye (the 2nd Joy Danba sector) before Bisoraba? If so, I think that's the reason you didn't get "friendly greetings"

In fact, based on some reports on the fandom wiki, it seems that if you take compleyely Kalabuye before Bisoraba, that quest doesn't appear

Nicholas002

Hi, is it possible that you took Kalabuye (the 2nd Joy Danba sector) before Bisoraba? If so, I think that's the reason you didn't get "friendly greetings"

In fact, based on some reports on the fandom wiki, it seems that if you take compleyely Kalabuye before Bisoraba, that quest doesn't appear
I think I did, maybe that was it

UBERhelp1

I think I did, maybe that was it
It could have been.

ayy good to know someone finally compiled a complete guide

glad we finally got the PmE quest skip figured out - now all we have to do is test if it's possible to skip other ages in similar ways

sad that it's apparently ME+ for the Helis - I swear I've heard stories of Iron Age helecopters but I can't find them anywhere and ME is the earliest I have definitive proof of as well

I do have a new-ish world running on en1 in HMA that I was planning to use for testing more Quest Skips - are there any specific things I should be looking for at the moment?
Right now, I haven't found anything. Someone tried to skip the PME blocker via quests only (without having gone to the FE map) and that didn't work. So right now it's just looking like get to the FE map and then work through the story. I know of a couple people trying that out right now.