• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

cogitoergorum

Hi @UBERhelp1 , I was going through the guide with a guildmate, and I think this part is still not correct:
" Be sure to not take Bisoraba entirely before Kalabuye (the second province owned by Joy Danba)"

It is actually the other way around, Kalabuye (the second Joy Danba province) should not be taken before Bisoraba (in order to leave Joy Danba there, so she can come back with the Friendly Greetings quest)

cogitoergorum

Are you sure? Because I have had people tell me that it was wrong the way you want me to change it to.

uhm... really? That's weird... For reference this is what I did and worked for me:

- in the FE map, I have negotiated only Agadar (entirely), then I fought all other provinces before Bisoraba and Kalabuye
- After scouting both Bisoraba and Kalabuye, I went straight to Bisoraba and I didn't touch Kalabuye at all. After conquering a few sectors of Bisoraba by fighting (just following what was asked by the story quest "Entering Bisoraba"), I got the "Greetings from a friend" quest with the 3 HT.
(So at this point, I also fought the second Joy Danba's province (Kalabuye) as I already got my HT and so there was no point to negotiate again)

My (personal) interpretation is: if you conquer entirely Kalabuye, Joy Danba is gone for good for the map and she can't come back with the quest rewarding with the 3 HT - so that's why I think Kalabuye should not be touched (or at least, should leave at least 1 sector untouched). Also the comments in the fandom wiki here and here seem to match with this...

What did the other people tell you actually? There may be other combinations/paths which change the triggers of the quests perhaps..

Last edited:

Ben Trovato

I agree with cogito. I've just done the FE Map from PME and I also think
Once you start the FE story, be sure to negotiate every sector owned by Joy Danba, this will give you an extra 3 Hover Tanks (heavy units)...

and
On the Future Era cMap, be sure to negotiate the provinces owned by Joy Danba. This will yield an additional 3 Hover Tanks (heavy units) towards the end of the FE story, which is a definite benefit. Hover Tanks are extremely useful, even beyond FE. Be sure to not take Bisoraba entirely before Kalabuye (the second province owned by Joy Danba), otherwise you might not get the 3 Hover Tanks (heavy units) even if you negotiate all her provinces.

are misleading.

Danba has two provinces. Yes, it's necessary to negotiate Agadar to get the extra hovers, but provided you don't fight in Kalabuye until the three hovers are in your possession you'll be fine. It is unneccessary to negotiate Kalabuye or take it before Bisoraba. Other than scouting Kalabuye, I didn't touch it until after I had all four hovers and had completed Bisoraba. Then I fought it to save goods. I think the advice is the wrong way around and should read: be sure not to take Kalabuye completely before Bisoraba. If it works like the Che quests (PME map), taking Kalabuye too early, even by negotiation, will lose you the hovers.

Last edited:

DreadfulCadillac

shucks, I only ever got 2 PME troops and some ME troops while in PE... wish I had this guide back then lol @UBERhelp1. Awesome guide BTW, will be looking at this to check before I ever do campaign map in the future.

UBERhelp1

Alrighty. So what do you all think of this. I had a friend test this and he got the hovers without completely taking either Kalabuye or Bisoraba. So on the safe side, I'd say don't take either before you get the quest.

To get the extra 3 Hover Tanks, be sure to negotiate Agadar, the first province owned by Joy Danba. Then, later on the cMap, be sure not to completely take either Bisoraba or Kalabuye (the second province owned by Joy Danba) before receiving the 3 Hover Tanks quest (Greetings from a Friend). Once you get the Hover Tanks, it no longer matters whether you fight or negotiate the rest of Kalabuye.

cogitoergorum

Alrighty. So what do you all think of this. I had a friend test this and he got the hovers without completely taking either Kalabuye or Bisoraba. So on the safe side, I'd say don't take either before you get the quest.

To get the extra 3 Hover Tanks, be sure to negotiate Agadar, the first province owned by Joy Danba. Then, later on the cMap, be sure not to completely take either Bisoraba or Kalabuye (the second province owned by Joy Danba) before receiving the 3 Hover Tanks quest (Greetings from a Friend). Once you get the Hover Tanks, it no longer matters whether you fight or negotiate the rest of Kalabuye.

I think this works!

Ben Trovato

Then, later on the cMap, be sure not to completely take either Bisoraba or Kalabuye (the second province owned by Joy Danba) before receiving the 3 Hover Tanks quest (Greetings from a Friend). Once you get the Hover Tanks, it no longer matters whether you fight or negotiate the rest of Kalabuye.

@UBERhelp1 It's a lot better. I think you still need to mention not fighting in Kalabuye before getting the hovers. Might I suggest:

"Then, later on the cMap, be sure not to fight in Kalabuye (the second province owned by Joy Danba) or completely take it or Bisoraba before receiving the 3 Hover Tanks quest (Greetings from a Friend). Once you get the Hover Tanks, it no longer matters whether you fight or negotiate the rest of Kalabuye."

StarLoad

hello, can i get AAV, missile arts, and assualt tanks in ME? it says using the tech skipper trick, (leaving sectors in CE, TE, and conquering the first FE and finally unlocking the end of this chapter) seems like those troops are not given by story quest but side quest, need to know how to obtain them

also 1 more question, im in ME in a world and wondering is it possible to get attack helicopters for real? if i have the choppers, it would be so awesome! the first flying unit in FOE..

Last edited:

Stefanos 83163

Hello all,

this is a question about hover tanks or higher troops in InA/PE.

I am in InA and have fully researched the technology tree. I have developed the main quest story to PME, got the 5 MG team, but got stuck on "Bring in the Colonel" where I need a tech to continue. To complete the remaining 8 PME main quests I need to continue to PE, but that shouldn't make a difference for this thread.

I went down the cMap to CE (two regions left open) and on to TE (three regions left open) - all fought for, not negotiated. After the Rio Roxo region, a side quest to get the Nexus building was now triggered. No more troops from CE or TR have come so far.

My question: I don't understand the next steps when I reach the FE cMap and negotiate Agador. What triggers the change in story quests? I still have the "Bring in the Colonel" quest - will this disappear or do I need to continue with the story quest line for it to then disappear? Keep in mind that I am still in InA and just want to go to PE to continue (not to PME).

Looking forward to your answers!

UBERhelp1

hello, can i get AAV, missile arts, and assualt tanks in ME? it says using the tech skipper trick, (leaving sectors in CE, TE, and conquering the first FE and finally unlocking the end of this chapter) seems like those troops are not given by story quest but side quest, need to know how to obtain them

also 1 more question, im in ME in a world and wondering is it possible to get attack helicopters for real? if i have the choppers, it would be so awesome! the first flying unit in FOE..
I'm pretty sure that you can get the attack helicopters in ME. Beyond that, I haven't done any testing seeing which CE side quests will trigger in ME.

Hello all,

this is a question about hover tanks or higher troops in InA/PE.

I am in InA and have fully researched the technology tree. I have developed the main quest story to PME, got the 5 MG team, but got stuck on "Bring in the Colonel" where I need a tech to continue. To complete the remaining 8 PME main quests I need to continue to PE, but that shouldn't make a difference for this thread.

I went down the cMap to CE (two regions left open) and on to TE (three regions left open) - all fought for, not negotiated. After the Rio Roxo region, a side quest to get the Nexus building was now triggered. No more troops from CE or TR have come so far.

My question: I don't understand the next steps when I reach the FE cMap and negotiate Agador. What triggers the change in story quests? I still have the "Bring in the Colonel" quest - will this disappear or do I need to continue with the story quest line for it to then disappear? Keep in mind that I am still in InA and just want to go to PE to continue (not to PME).

Looking forward to your answers!
You need to continue the story quests after Agadar, and then hope that the story jumps to FE. So far no one I've talked to has reached this point yet, so I hope you get lucky!

StarLoad

I'm pretty sure that you can get the attack helicopters in ME. Beyond that, I haven't done any testing seeing which CE side quests will trigger in ME.

You need to continue the story quests after Agadar, and then hope that the story jumps to FE. So far no one I've talked to has reached this point yet, so I hope you get lucky!
thank you very much for the tip! X D

Ben Trovato

@UBERhelp1 I've just finished the Arctic Future map. I had done the same analysis as @NickGlover314, and unsurprisingly given that we used the same source material, come to the same conclusion, that neither fighting the whole map nor negotiating it all is optimal. However, I decided to go a more fighting route than he did, negotiating only the first five native provinces and fighting the rest. This also yielded the full set of possible AF units for the lower number of technology researches. [I negotiated a couple of sectors of Temple Floe because plasma artillery was tough on my hovers. That will have made no difference.]

I think the easiest way to explain the combination method is as follows:
  • Negotiate the first five native provinces: Nutarniq, Iluliac, Tuklavik, Ananevut and Qaniit.
  • Fight at least one sector each of Nilak and Nunataq.
  • Negotiate or fight the rest of the continent as you please.
You get 14 Recon Raiders (RR) fast units, 11 Surrogate Soldiers (SS) ranged units, and 10 Battle Fortresses (BF) heavy units.

With 0 technology researchesNo units
With 1 technology research2RR, 2SS
With 2 technology researches2RR, 4SS, 2 BF, +above
With 3 technology researches7RR, 5SS, 5BF, +above
With 4 technology researches3RR, 3BF, +above

I can't be certain that you need to fight the sector of Nunataq as well as Nilak, but there's anecdotal evidence to suggest that the peaceful status resets at various points on the map. These might be at the opening of the various stages, or not. By fighting sectors before the two quest branch points (which occur just after Nilak and Nunataq), you should have shown sufficient aggression to get the extra troops: 2RR after Nilak and 3SS after Nunataq.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Higher Age Units Guide v1.13
  • Updated AF Combination Strategy
  • Added @Ben Trovato to the Awesome People list (thanks!)
  • Updated FE troop information (taking provinces)

King David XXI

It should definitely be possible for you to get advanced units, and I think you'll be able to make it through the PME questline. Since you're in InA, it won't matter that you triggered the bonus questline. You'll be able to complete it whenever you want. Once you hit the PE map, just follow what the guide says and it should all be good.

And thanks for the feedback :)
Should I be doing Bonus Quests too? (preemptive strike - Acquire Embruniez & Navarrone).
My main quest is at a halt already because I don't have a residential tech to research only have got 2 tanks and 1 Rapid fire cannon

King BunBun

Around a year ago I figured out that I could get higher Goods by going ahead on the cMap. Then it was clear expansions were there as well! So, my "spare" time went into the cMap and away it went. One day I was attacked by a player my same age with 3 ages higher units so that became my goal. Google searches led me to UBERhelp1 and immediately I saw where I had messed up. It took months and very careful moves but finally got evened out. In all that I was forced to go into CE, but that is fine. 11 more quests and it ends at "Persuasion". This is what FE had for me. 9 Surrogate Soldiers, 13 Recon Raiders and 9 Battle Fortresses. I had made the mistake of fighting one or two of the first AF sectors ahead of time for some quest (Didn't take notes), but otherwise followed exactly how it's written. I plan to camp here in CE a while now.....

UBERhelp1

Should I be doing Bonus Quests too? (preemptive strike - Acquire Embruniez & Navarrone).
My main quest is at a halt already because I don't have a residential tech to research only have got 2 tanks and 1 Rapid fire cannon
Personally I'd try to complete the bonus questline. Frees up another RQ slot.

And ouch. Still though, the RFC is really helpful, and so are the tanks. They can soak up a little more damage.

Around a year ago I figured out that I could get higher Goods by going ahead on the cMap. Then it was clear expansions were there as well! So, my "spare" time went into the cMap and away it went. One day I was attacked by a player my same age with 3 ages higher units so that became my goal. Google searches led me to UBERhelp1 and immediately I saw where I had messed up. It took months and very careful moves but finally got evened out. In all that I was forced to go into CE, but that is fine. 11 more quests and it ends at "Persuasion". This is what FE had for me. 9 Surrogate Soldiers, 13 Recon Raiders and 9 Battle Fortresses. I had made the mistake of fighting one or two of the first AF sectors ahead of time for some quest (Didn't take notes), but otherwise followed exactly how it's written. I plan to camp here in CE a while now.....
Woohoo! Glad to hear it.

Is it possible to get the side quests of PME (champion) and CE, regardless of age? This way you should be able to get PME and CE units in bronze age, theoratically.