• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

UBERhelp1

Hello all! I have a bit of a complicated question. I am currently trying for FE units in Indy, and i am at the start of the TE map. I decided to do an RQ, and suddenly, "Dictator's death" replaced the RQ slot. I Know this is supposed to happen, but since i have yet to do the TE map yet, does that mean that i cannot skip the CE tech blocker any more? Or should i do all it takes to not fulfill dictator's death's requirements, and do the needed TE map sectors before finishing dictator's death?
I would not complete Dictator's Death yet, and instead get to the FE cMap. Then continue on with Dictator's Death. Hopefully it will work from there.

I would not complete Dictator's Death yet, and instead get to the FE cMap. Then continue on with Dictator's Death. Hopefully it will work from there.
That's the way i did it.

But i do not believe there is a difference. I even lost the main quest in future era completely in the middle of the map and got it back later after i aquired another sector.
I believe getting around the tech blocker in InA consists in using 2 things together:
1) "Your choice: truth or dare" is not a main quest (it even says in the ingame description) and the game will give you always the next available main quest.
2) Dictator's death and the future questline ("Eyes ahead") are starting with progress on the respective maps, not quests done before.

If either of this is changed in the future it will stop to work. And i would think it would be extremely easy for Inno to do that. Just change the flag for "your choice" from side quest to main quest: Done.
If this is not possible because main quests are programmed to not be skippable, then the trigger for "Eyes ahead" - the future quest you can complete because it triggers when you aquire Agadar, not when you have done a quest before- could simply be expanded with "has done: Hot land" or any other quest before. Should be doable in 5 minutes from a programming perspective :cool:

Really lazy, Inno;) I guess its just an oversight in the code. Really believe now that word is spreading about it it will get fixed sooner than later- its just too unbalanced, got to 88 attrition yesterday with just 300/200 boost without any losses. Been playing 4 months and am the fourth best fighter in the second highest guild on my server. Don't think it will or should stay this way.

Last edited:

Kyogre

Got it. I am almost done with the marked tiles on the TE Cmap, and I should finish tomorrow(been rushing progress). If i get cucked, i will let you know here. If i don't get cucked, i will let you know too.

Tuminator

So, I just moved to InA while at the beginning of the PE cMap and I'm kinda blocked by the mission 'The Peace Conference', making me build two police-stations.
I cannot do so without researching half the tech-tree (11 in total including 'law and order). I can't see how I could have avoided this, and unfortunately I already researched all the previous tech-trees.

Is it possible to get the police station as a reward in GE? If not, I would have to spend 11 techs to complete just 1 mission. This would make it impossible to even get PME troops while in Ina, since there are only 8 techs left to research. Im I screwed?

On another note: since its possible to get OF-troops while in InA, is it correct to asume I could also get OF-troops while advancing to PE or ME?

You could try to win a police station in an event, but who knows how many tries or diamonds it would take. It would be extremely rare in GE (30% and 3 possible buildings? So around 10% chance per week?)
I had to research a lot of techs to get it too- knowing it would come i only used the prerequesite techs for "law and order" as much as possible before. If you don't have any techs left from lower ages, it could get difficult to get far ahead while in InA. But getting hovers and more in PE still would be a great thing.

Lowest possible age for OF-troops is InA, in higher ages they are even easier to get.

Last edited:

Tuminator

Thanks for your reply. If I don't get lucky in the next GE, I'll guess I will just advance with the story and research those police stations.
OF troops in PE are still pretty nice :)

baldius

Thanks for your reply. If I don't get lucky in the next GE, I'll guess I will just advance with the story and research those police stations.
OF troops in PE are still pretty nice :)
on that quest also but i got optional to delete 8 musketeers dunno if its coz im still in CA

Update on IA troops while in CA. going for 2 tanks.
  • Negotiated all sectors of Harve, and which included negotiating 1 sector for "Landing Party",
  • completed "More Presence, More Power"
  • completed "Know More" scouted the 3 provinces,
  • completed "Host the Delegates" and "Schledorf or Joffre"
  • completed "let the Wars Begin:" by negotiating 1 sector in Kriegreich
  • Completed "Peacekeeper" by negotiating 4 sectors in Kriegreich
  • Completed "08/15" (researched Iron Age production building)
  • Got "Blood in the Trenches. Fought 2 sectors in Uxrow (which had a 10% bonus on its Attack/defense)
  • Completed “Horrors of War”
  • Completed Schledorf's Gratitude, got 2 tanks
So far, never triggered “Guns for the Natives” side quest, Each time I completed a story quest, I then completed 2 RQs before going to the next Story Quest, just to see what side quests might be triggered.

Worked in Progressive to trigger several side quests, but did not trigger anything in Industrial Map.

Next Story Quest “Slow and Steady” triggered 2 Side Quests: “Captain Starbucks Reports”, which pays out diamonds, and “Build a Trading Company”

captain starbucks.jpg

Kyogre

Ok, i managed to get the hovers and other stuff. This shows that even if you get the story quest to come back during the TE map, as long as you don't finish "Dictator's Death", you can still jump past CE blocker and TE straight to FE. Furthermore, when i scouted bisoraba, i took it completely before scouting Kalabuye. Even so, i managed to get all 4 hovers. This also shows that it is not important whether you take bisoraba or not, it is much more on kalabuye.

Now that I've receveid all the IA units possible in CA (I wnet for 2 tanks), is it safer to not advance on the story quest until I'm ready to move to IA?
I'd like to preserve all options for getting ME and PME troops once I move to IA. Thanks for any advice.

UBERhelp1

Now that I've receveid all the IA units possible in CA (I wnet for 2 tanks), is it safer to not advance on the story quest until I'm ready to move to IA?
I'd like to preserve all options for getting ME and PME troops once I move to IA. Thanks for any advice.
You could if you want to, or you could go further on the map. If you plan on getting more troops though, you'd be safer if you saved techs to research for later. Those tend to run out quickly.

You could if you want to, or you could go further on the map. If you plan on getting more troops though, you'd be safer if you saved techs to research for later. Those tend to run out quickly.
Thanks for your always excellent advice @UBERhelp1 . Will slowly advance on Cmap, as long as quests do not require any new tech to be researched. Will only post any really interesting outcomes.

woodchuck321

I'll be damned. Thanks Stefanos 83163 for the testing. Hovers in Industrial is insane.

Edit: If the key is an abortable Story quest, isn't there one of those earlier that we could screw with?

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

I'll be damned. Thanks Stefanos 83163 for the testing. Hovers in Industrial is insane.

Edit: If the key is an abortable Story quest, isn't there one of those earlier that we could screw with?
No. Unfortunately that's part of the bonus questline. Currently the latest blocker is in the PE story line, where you need police stations and such.

woodchuck321

No. Unfortunately that's part of the bonus questline. Currently the latest blocker is in the PE story line, where you need police stations and such.

Ah, I didn't remember if it was on bonus or main storyline.

This seems like the limit for the skip to FE-OF then, unless someone comes up with a skip for PE. Has there been any research into the Helecopter quest requirements?

UBERhelp1

Ah, I didn't remember if it was on bonus or main storyline.

This seems like the limit for the skip to FE-OF then, unless someone comes up with a skip for PE. Has there been any research into the Helecopter quest requirements?
I haven't done any research on that front.

So yeah. Basically we're stuck with InA as the lowest. I do know some people working on getting to the FE map while still in BA. There might be some other times when the questline skips to FE instead of having to go through the whole story along the way. Otherwise, even if you could do it eariler the tech requirements just keeps going up and up.