• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Halgar

The side quests won't appear at all if you take all of Che's sectors. Those side quests trigger off the story and the map. So when the story reaches the point where those would trigger, it checks to make sure you haven't taken all Che's provinces and if you have, you won't get them.

Bottom line, if you want MG teams, don't do anything with the PME map until you get the story caught up.

Understood. Thank you!

Halgar

I waited to do the PME cMap until the quests caught up per UBER's advice. Got my MG teams, and saved the Truth Or Dare quest. I moved quickly through contemporary, and got about 2/3 of the way through tomorrow cMap when I ran out of coins! I don't have enough coins to scout any further.

I was hoping to be able to fight iron age troops with hover tanks before the end of this GBG season, but I may not make coins fast enough to do that.

A cautionary tale for those who are making a leap to Industrial to start this journey.. save more FP than you think that you need, and make sure that you have plenty of coins for the scouting. Also, look at the wiki to plan out the quests so that you have 8 hour productions or 24 hour productions ready by the time that you need them. There are a lot of time wasting quests that make it very difficult to push through during one GBG season stretch. I've still got 6 days left in the season, so I'm not giving up yet.. but it's gonna be hard for me to speed up making coins.

MG teams vs iron age is still pretty funny though. :)

Last edited:

Gator54

Hello all! I have a bit of a complicated question. I am currently trying for FE units in Indy, and i am at the start of the TE map. I decided to do an RQ, and suddenly, "Dictator's death" replaced the RQ slot. I Know this is supposed to happen, but since i have yet to do the TE map yet, does that mean that i cannot skip the CE tech blocker any more? Or should i do all it takes to not fulfill dictator's death's requirements, and do the needed TE map sectors before finishing dictator's death? Posted by another a few pages back.

I am in the same place and see that the advice given is to forge ahead to FE map. So That means leaving Dictators Death AND Your Choice both open. OK, I get that.

But - My last RQ spot was just replaced by Pecunia Non Olet (MoPo 84 buildings for 2 random rewards) Does this one need to remain open too?

UBERhelp1

Hello all! I have a bit of a complicated question. I am currently trying for FE units in Indy, and i am at the start of the TE map. I decided to do an RQ, and suddenly, "Dictator's death" replaced the RQ slot. I Know this is supposed to happen, but since i have yet to do the TE map yet, does that mean that i cannot skip the CE tech blocker any more? Or should i do all it takes to not fulfill dictator's death's requirements, and do the needed TE map sectors before finishing dictator's death? Posted by another a few pages back.

I am in the same place and see that the advice given is to forge ahead to FE map. So That means leaving Dictators Death AND Your Choice both open. OK, I get that.

But - My last RQ spot was just replaced by Pecunia Non Olet (MoPo 84 buildings for 2 random rewards) Does this one need to remain open too?
You can do whatever you wish with your last RQ slot. I would recommend getting to the FE map before pushing the story any further though. If you progressed the story now, you would most likely still skip the CE blocker, but it would only jump to the TE story where you'd have to use a tech to progress. It's better to save that tech for getting more AF and OF troops later on.

Halgar

I just went through this. One of my RQ spots switched to Dictator's Death, and the other went to Pecunia Non Olet. After completing Pecunia Non Olet, I got Media Control where you win the surveillance nexus. Then it went back to the regular RQ again. I held Dictator's Death until I negotiated the entire first province of FE, and then completed it. It jumped straight from Dictator's Death to Eyes Ahead on the future quest line.

You can do whatever you wish with your last RQ slot. I would recommend getting to the FE map before pushing the story any further though. If you progressed the story now, you would most likely still skip the CE blocker, but it would only jump to the TE story where you'd have to use a tech to progress. It's better to save that tech for getting more AF and OF troops later on.

Interesting! I didn't realize that I could have gone through some TE quest line (and win some TE troops too?). I actually have lots of extra tech as I basically haven't opened anything that I didn't have to. I still have 30 unresearched tech having just started the future era quests, so I could have easily spent a few in TE. I wish that I had read more carefully, as it would have been nice to have a few extra TE troops to help when the hover tanks get tired. But I'm looking forward to pressing through that future cMap and claiming my prize.

I just need that coin production to pick up so that I can actually afford to scout the dang provinces again. :)

UBERhelp1

Interesting! I didn't realize that I could have gone through some TE quest line (and win some TE troops too?). I actually have lots of extra tech as I basically haven't opened anything that I didn't have to. I still have 30 unresearched tech having just started the future era quests, so I could have easily spent a few in TE. I wish that I had read more carefully, as it would have been nice to have a few extra TE troops to help when the hover tanks get tired. But I'm looking forward to pressing through that future cMap and claiming my prize.

I just need that coin production to pick up so that I can actually afford to scout the dang provinces again. :)
I *think* you are able to do this, since some people messed up and got TE quests. I haven't actually specifically tested it.

Halgar

FutureVSIronJPG.jpg

I went from Iron Age to Industrial at the beginning of GBG, and made it to the hover tanks with 3 days of GBG left to fight Iron Age troops! I could have done it faster if I had been smarter about saving more coins before aging up. I kept running out of coins while scouting. Thankfully there are a lot of coins to be won in the future map, so I was able to collect enough coin to scout far enough to get to the hover tanks. I also miscalculated how many forge points that I'd need. When you figure up the amount of forge points that you need, don't forget that it's going to be a lot more than just what you need to unlock the actual tech! There were a ton of "spend xx forge points" quests along the way.

I just started this new city 46 days ago specifically to get hover tanks in Industrial, and I haven't had time to level my trio past level 10 so my combat stats are pretty bad, but with the hover tanks it doesn't matter. I just fought like 40 fights in a row without having to swap out my rogues when I was giving them a test drive. This should be a fun 3 days. :) And all the forge points from GBG will help me level my great buildings much faster!

Thank you so much to UBERhelp1 for this amazing guide!!

UBERhelp1

View attachment 19151

I went from Iron Age to Industrial at the beginning of GBG, and made it to the hover tanks with 3 days of GBG left to fight Iron Age troops! I could have done it faster if I had been smarter about saving more coins before aging up. I kept running out of coins while scouting. Thankfully there are a lot of coins to be won in the future map, so I was able to collect enough coin to scout far enough to get to the hover tanks. I also miscalculated how many forge points that I'd need. When you figure up the amount of forge points that you need, don't forget that it's going to be a lot more than just what you need to unlock the actual tech! There were a ton of "spend xx forge points" quests along the way.

I just started this new city 46 days ago specifically to get hover tanks in Industrial, and I haven't had time to level my trio past level 10 so my combat stats are pretty bad, but with the hover tanks it doesn't matter. I just fought like 40 fights in a row without having to swap out my rogues when I was giving them a test drive. This should be a fun 3 days. :) And all the forge points from GBG will help me level my great buildings much faster!

Thank you so much to UBERhelp1 for this amazing guide!!
Awesome to see that! Also, just a tip for spend FP - use a 1.9 thread or the like. That way you don't have to lose FP.

Oh, and don't forget to update that defending army :p

Halgar

After I got my hover tanks in InA, I kept on going through the cMap to get Oceanic troops too. When I made it to the the Oceanic quest "Consequences", I realized that I had already won all of the Oceanic troops that were listed in the guide. I looked ahead on the quests and saw that I had several Oceanic quests to go after that, but none of the rewards were troops and I was going to eventually get stuck on the quest "Persuasion" where I have to produce 10 crayfish from the Oceanic production building that I don't have.

I figured if I was about to get stuck anyway, I might as well go back and try to get Tomorrow and Contemporary troops too.

I left "Truth or Dare" alone (uncompleted), and scouted the three provinces on the Tomorrow cMap that I skipped before. I was initially going to capture them all, but then decide to wait until the quests told me to capture them. I fought some of the sectors of Sierra Torrido before deciding to stop and complete my current Oceanic quest "Consequences".

After completing "Consequences" the story quest switched to "An Old Acquaintance" from the Tomorrow era. I fought these sectors since the guide said that it would yield more troops and I'm currently working my way through the Tomorrow quests.

Is there no tech blocker in Tomorrow?

I looked ahead at the quests on the wiki and couldn't find a blocker quest, but the quests do jump around depending on which sectors you scout first. Since I've got everything scouted from the last time I went through here, I'm not sure what order I'll get the quests in. But I'm guessing that I will eventually just complete Tomorrow and skip back to the next Oceanic quest? If that happens, then I'll go back and scout the Contemporary provinces that I skipped before, complete the next Oceanic quest, and then maybe I'll shift the quests back to Contemporary and get those troops too!

Side note: I made it to 128 attrition using hover tanks vs Iron Age opponents in the last GBG with an attack stat of only 250%/200%! I think that I could have gone even farther if I had more rogues, but I was getting a lot of deaths at that point, so I decided to stop to save what little rogues I had left! I'm interested to see how well I fare against Industrial Age in the next GBG.

Last edited:

tone10

hello first of all, thanks so much for your guide, giving away your time and hard work for the community, is too good, be proud!

i just created an account on US, so i can send message to you hope you can help me!

I just readed about your higher age troops guide, i play this game for like 15 months so far, first world ever, and i am sitted on CA, and i plan to move to industrial age trying to get those OF troops if possible, thou i would be happy already with the AF ones hehe

so id like to know how legible i am to get those troops and if it will worth, im on CA as i said, and on cMAP im on the last PME province "ong chu cuoi cung" i have all the provinces except this one, i dont even have 1 setor already. on the storyline quest i am on industrial age, at this point "New Challenges, New Dangers" and i will have to recruit 3 troops from industrial age since i reach it.

mercs arent a problem if i have to negociate further, fighting probably will be, i would like to know what do you think, if i should go for those troops!
i really want but im affraid of any mistake T_T

sorry for bothering and thanks for your time

UBERhelp1

After I got my hover tanks in InA, I kept on going through the cMap to get Oceanic troops too. When I made it to the the Oceanic quest "Consequences", I realized that I had already won all of the Oceanic troops that were listed in the guide. I looked ahead on the quests and saw that I had several Oceanic quests to go after that, but none of the rewards were troops and I was going to eventually get stuck on the quest "Persuasion" where I have to produce 10 crayfish from the Oceanic production building that I don't have.

I figured if I was about to get stuck anyway, I might as well go back and try to get Tomorrow and Contemporary troops too.

I left "Truth or Dare" alone (uncompleted), and scouted the three provinces on the Tomorrow cMap that I skipped before. I was initially going to capture them all, but then decide to wait until the quests told me to capture them. I fought some of the sectors of Sierra Torrido before deciding to stop and complete my current Oceanic quest "Consequences".

After completing "Consequences" the story quest switched to "An Old Acquaintance" from the Tomorrow era. I fought these sectors since the guide said that it would yield more troops and I'm currently working my way through the Tomorrow quests.

Is there no tech blocker in Tomorrow?

I looked ahead at the quests on the wiki and couldn't find a blocker quest, but the quests do jump around depending on which sectors you scout first. Since I've got everything scouted from the last time I went through here, I'm not sure what order I'll get the quests in. But I'm guessing that I will eventually just complete Tomorrow and skip back to the next Oceanic quest? If that happens, then I'll go back and scout the Contemporary provinces that I skipped before, complete the next Oceanic quest, and then maybe I'll shift the quests back to Contemporary and get those troops too!

Side note: I made it to 128 attrition using hover tanks vs Iron Age opponents in the last GBG with an attack stat of only 250%/200%! I think that I could have gone even farther if I had more rogues, but I was getting a lot of deaths at that point, so I decided to stop to save what little rogues I had left! I'm interested to see how well I fare against Industrial Age in the next GBG.
There's no tech blocker in TE, but the units are kinda meh and you have to research a quest to finish the TE story. It's not really worth going through it tbh. Also, you should have run through the CE story already on the way to the FE story. You can't get any CE troops in InA since the troops come from side quests and those only trigger in PME (one in ME) afaik.

Crazy how good massive hovering tanks are against soldiers with spears lol!

hello first of all, thanks so much for your guide, giving away your time and hard work for the community, is too good, be proud!

i just created an account on US, so i can send message to you hope you can help me!

I just readed about your higher age troops guide, i play this game for like 15 months so far, first world ever, and i am sitted on CA, and i plan to move to industrial age trying to get those OF troops if possible, thou i would be happy already with the AF ones hehe

so id like to know how legible i am to get those troops and if it will worth, im on CA as i said, and on cMAP im on the last PME province "ong chu cuoi cung" i have all the provinces except this one, i dont even have 1 setor already. on the storyline quest i am on industrial age, at this point "New Challenges, New Dangers" and i will have to recruit 3 troops from industrial age since i reach it.

mercs arent a problem if i have to negociate further, fighting probably will be, i would like to know what do you think, if i should go for those troops!
i really want but im affraid of any mistake T_T

sorry for bothering and thanks for your time
Replied to you in the PM.

Halgar

Also, you should have run through the CE story already on the way to the FE story. You can't get any CE troops in InA since the troops come from side quests and those only trigger in PME (one in ME) afaik.

Dang, I forgot that you couldn't get CE troops in InA due to an era trigger. But "Dictator's Death" was the ONLY story quest that I did on CE this time around. It triggered when I completed a RQ while halfway through the TE cMap on my way to getting hovers. I just waited to complete it until I was done with the first FE province and it skipped the story straight to "Eyes ahead". I do remember when I followed the guide when I was in PME on another world that I did a lot more of the CE quest line before it skipped. So maybe there is some CE story that I could do if I went back and unlocked those two CE provinces that I skipped, but if there's no troops to be had, then I doubt that I'm going to bother with that.

As far as Tomorrow era troops, after jumping back to the Tomorrow quest line per my message yesterday:

I picked up two combat drones from "The Drug Lord". Then after "Money Trail", the story quest skipped back to the Oceanic quest "Face to Face". I had only done a few Tomorrow quests (didn't write them all down). So far, the Tomorrow quest line only had me finish the province Bajatai, so I went ahead and captured the other two Tomorrow provinces that were remaining and then completed the Oceanic quest "Face to Face". This made me skip back to "Miranda Meets the Maker" on the Tomorrow quest line. Next was "Revelation", then "The Villain" (research a tech). Then "The Threat", "The Proof", The Final Move", "Manto's Escape", "A New Continent", "Hot Land", "A New Camp", "Peace in Agadar", "Keeping the Peace in Agadar", "Agadar Alliance", "Acquiring Agadar", and then back to "Not Listening" on Oceanic.

I wasn't anticipating getting Future quests again, but I guess we did skip a few the last time. So basically I spent a tech to get 2 combat drones from Tomorrow era. I was hoping for the stealth tanks (baby hover tanks!), but I had the tech to burn, so it's no big deal. I also got some diamonds at the end of the Tomorrow quests. But I agree, it doesn't seem worth the effort for just a couple combat drones.

Since I can't get CE troops, I'll probably just stay on the Oceanic quest line now until I get blocked. And maybe go back and get Las Penas and do that side quest for the diamonds. Otherwise, it looks like it's just RQ from here on out!

Another side note: Turturrets vs Industrial age are really, really effective!

Thanks again to UBERhelp1 for the dedication to the FOE community and helping so many players get to the higher age troops!

UBERhelp1

Dang, I forgot that you couldn't get CE troops in InA due to an era trigger. But "Dictator's Death" was the ONLY story quest that I did on CE this time around. It triggered when I completed a RQ while halfway through the TE cMap on my way to getting hovers. I just waited to complete it until I was done with the first FE province and it skipped the story straight to "Eyes ahead". I do remember when I followed the guide when I was in PME on another world that I did a lot more of the CE quest line before it skipped. So maybe there is some CE story that I could do if I went back and unlocked those two CE provinces that I skipped, but if there's no troops to be had, then I doubt that I'm going to bother with that.

As far as Tomorrow era troops, after jumping back to the Tomorrow quest line per my message yesterday:

I picked up two combat drones from "The Drug Lord". Then after "Money Trail", the story quest skipped back to the Oceanic quest "Face to Face". I had only done a few Tomorrow quests (didn't write them all down). So far, the Tomorrow quest line only had me finish the province Bajatai, so I went ahead and captured the other two Tomorrow provinces that were remaining and then completed the Oceanic quest "Face to Face". This made me skip back to "Miranda Meets the Maker" on the Tomorrow quest line. Next was "Revelation", then "The Villain" (research a tech). Then "The Threat", "The Proof", The Final Move", "Manto's Escape", "A New Continent", "Hot Land", "A New Camp", "Peace in Agadar", "Keeping the Peace in Agadar", "Agadar Alliance", "Acquiring Agadar", and then back to "Not Listening" on Oceanic.

I wasn't anticipating getting Future quests again, but I guess we did skip a few the last time. So basically I spent a tech to get 2 combat drones from Tomorrow era. I was hoping for the stealth tanks (baby hover tanks!), but I had the tech to burn, so it's no big deal. I also got some diamonds at the end of the Tomorrow quests. But I agree, it doesn't seem worth the effort for just a couple combat drones.

Since I can't get CE troops, I'll probably just stay on the Oceanic quest line now until I get blocked. And maybe go back and get Las Penas and do that side quest for the diamonds. Otherwise, it looks like it's just RQ from here on out!

Another side note: Turturrets vs Industrial age are really, really effective!

Thanks again to UBERhelp1 for the dedication to the FOE community and helping so many players get to the higher age troops!
That's pretty interesting that you jumped around so much for the TE questline, even getting the FE quests? Almost makes you wish you could redo the FE questline and get more hovers :)

FOBBY

Hello Uber,

I'm going to pursue Hovers while being in Indy. Can I or can I not take Canada and Mexico?

UBERhelp1

Hello Uber,

I'm going to pursue Hovers while being in Indy. Can I or can I not take Canada and Mexico?
While in InA, you can take anything you want on the InA map. You'll trigger the InA bonus questline, but that doesn't matter since you'll be able to complete it.

Took some time, but i find an interesting finding here...

Long story short, i got bored on my InA world and decided to go to CE there(still on PME as for now), completed "Dictators Death" questline before(in desperate attempt to get AAV and no CE storyline out) but not "Your Choice" one and on the map I'm on Rio Roxo. When i cancel one of PME side quest it immediately changes into "Meet Miguel Mantos" TE storyline, opening possibility to get TE troops.

(I also screenshot the tech tree, i haven't yet achieve both last 2 PME tech, opening possibility for doing this while in InA)

It seems for CE storylines (except Dictator's Death), you have to complete the entire PME story(completing Your Choice), as when i aborting quests earlier before this i never got any of CE story...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-10-02-12-28-52-894_com.innogames.foeandroid.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-02-12-28-52-894_com.innogames.foeandroid.jpg
    745 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2021-10-02-12-31-49-295_com.innogames.foeandroid.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-02-12-31-49-295_com.innogames.foeandroid.jpg
    870.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_2021-10-02-12-39-14-748_com.innogames.foeandroid.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-02-12-39-14-748_com.innogames.foeandroid.jpg
    584.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2021-10-02-12-56-05-996_com.innogames.foeandroid.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-02-12-56-05-996_com.innogames.foeandroid.jpg
    619.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Took some time, but i find an interesting finding here...

Long story short, i got bored on my InA world and decided to go to CE there(still on PME as for now), completed "Dictators Death" questline before(in desperate attempt to get AAV and no CE storyline out) but not "Your Choice" one and on the map I'm on Rio Roxo. When i cancel one of PME side quest it immediately changes into "Meet Miguel Mantos" TE storyline, opening possibility to get TE troops.

(I also screenshot the tech tree, i haven't yet achieve both last 2 PME tech, opening possibility for doing this while in InA)

It seems for CE storylines (except Dictator's Death), you have to complete the entire PME story(completing Your Choice), as when i aborting quests earlier before this i never got any of CE story...
Ok. I already knew that you could get TE troops if you wanted to. Interesting though how you still skipped through the CE story while in PME. Personally, I'd rather still skip to FE though. Uses one less tech, and the TE troops are not as good compared to hovers.

Thanks for posting it! Gives me something to think about....

Debaser

I’m an Iron Age camper looking to move up to industrial and get hover tanks. The only problem is I’ve negotiated the entire map into oceanic future. I skipped three provinces marked in TE and I only skipped 1 in CE. At some point I accidentally took the Salfah province. Will I still be able to get hover tanks in industrial or will I get blocked in CE quest line? Also if not possible in industrial could I just move to CE instead and get Hover tanks and how effective would they be if so?

UBERhelp1

I’m an Iron Age camper looking to move up to industrial and get hover tanks. The only problem is I’ve negotiated the entire map into oceanic future. I skipped three provinces marked in TE and I only skipped 1 in CE. At some point I accidentally took the Salfah province. Will I still be able to get hover tanks in industrial or will I get blocked in CE quest line? Also if not possible in industrial could I just move to CE instead and get Hover tanks and how effective would they be if so?
Wow! That must have taken a lot of trading in IA to get through the OF map, and a lot of coins.

Unfortunately taking Salfa will mean you get blocked on the CE story. If you move to CE, hovers won't be as effective (only two ages above instead of six), but I'd say hovers would probably be better in CE than MG teams in InA.

Of course, you have to go through the story questline one way or the other, so I'd recommend just go through up to CE in InA, and then hope that you get past the blocker? Then if not move up to CE if that's what you want to do. Don't forget to skip lots of techs along the way!

ant..

Are any military techs required to be researched after ME questline? I am in Indy and have 2 military techs left but i really need to do one of them so I can build breech loaders.