• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Pericles the Lion

No CE units for me, only FE and now getting AF
I was in InA and I did not complete "Truth or Dare" and pushed ahead to the FE cMap following UBER's guide carefully. I don't recall precisely when but I quickly got on the FE questline and got all of the FE units, competed the rest of the FE questline then completed "Truth or Dare" which returned my 2nd RQ. After "Truth or Dare" I completed "Peace Movement" then got tech blocked by "The End of this Chapter". I'm not sure but I expect to get on the CE/TE track after I age up to CE and complete my current story quest. I'm in PE now and in no hurry to advance. With Hover tanks I don't think I need any CE units.

baldius

just completed AF map in INA my experience was to get hovers the price is zero CE or TE units so MG has to do u till u get hovers a lot negotiate in FE AFmap was a breeze with 2 hover 6 rogue but its huge takes a while only problem fighting is near middle and end where plasma artillery comes in 3 hits ur hover is dead save some emergency diamonds in 1 fight i got 5 plasmas and 4 a few times if ur rogues dont get flipped they go for ur hovers onward to OF

baldius

ended AF with roughly 1200 each good and 260 promethium also there is a quest at end to collect 200 each AF good so keep enuf to circle trade a guildie

Last edited:

shibbster

Hey folks. I have a quick question on how to use my HMA tech research when I age up tomorrow. My story is currently blocked at "build a tower ruin", which I won't be able to complete until I reach LMA. I left 7 techs unresearched in EMA, and it looks like I can leave 8 in HMA. Any tips on how I should use the HMA techs I am forced to open to get to LMA?

Halgar

Hey folks. I have a quick question on how to use my HMA tech research when I age up tomorrow. My story is currently blocked at "build a tower ruin", which I won't be able to complete until I reach LMA. I left 7 techs unresearched in EMA, and it looks like I can leave 8 in HMA. Any tips on how I should use the HMA techs I am forced to open to get to LMA?

Here is my list of techs that I have skipped or am planning to skip. I think that you're correct about 8 in HMA.

Tech that you can skip in each age prior to InA:

BA: 5 (Growing, Tools, Stonework, Woodwork, Craftwork)
IA: 5 (Iron Works, Handicraft, Sewerage, Agriculture, Plowing)
EMA: 7 (Multistory Houses, Apiary, Quarries, Casting, Crop Rotations, Fertilization, Monarchy)
HMA: 8 (Quality Products, Guilds, Conservations, Trade Routes, Chemistry, Clearing, Water Wheels, Town Houses)
LMA: 4 (Metal Working, Aristocracy, Optics, Pest Control)
CA: 2 (Porcelain, Industrial Goods)

That should leave me plenty of tech to make it to Oceanic troops. I'm hoping to have turturrets in addition to hover tanks to tear up the Industrial Age.

I'm still in Iron Age right now, and got myself stuck on "Make Peace" where you have to build a cultural building or decoration in HMA, or unlock tech for a cultural building. I didn't save a cultural building tech in Iron Age so I've been stuck there for awhile. I'm wondering if I can make the jump straight to Industrial and get through all the quests needed once GBG starts tomorrow or if I should maybe just jump to LMA for this GBG, and then Industrial for the next one. I'll have a lot of quests to catch up on once I'm past this block.

UBERhelp1

Really, you can't use them. You could use them to complete some of the Complete Techs RQs.

shibbster

Huge thanks @UBERhelp1 and @Halgar for the awesome info! I just went back and studied the tech reqs, and it looks like you need 23 to get OF troops in Indy. Any idea if the story line above Indy requires you to research something specific (e.g., a cultural or military building), or do they just say research a technology? If folks think noting this would be useful, I will be glad to dump all of the stories to a SS and send the results to Uberhelper1.

UBERhelp1

Huge thanks @UBERhelp1 and @Halgar for the awesome info! I just went back and studied the tech reqs, and it looks like you need 23 to get OF troops in Indy. Any idea if the story line above Indy requires you to research something specific (e.g., a cultural or military building), or do they just say research a technology? If folks think noting this would be useful, I will be glad to dump all of the stories to a SS and send the results to Uberhelper1.
For PE, you'll need specific techs, but you should be able to get those working through the InA questline anyways. After that it's just "a tech"

Halgar

Can I start working through the PME map while still in colonial age? I jumped from Iron to Colonial age today, and I'm a little short on forge points to make it to industrial age. If I negotiate through PME, can I still get the MG troops when my quests catch up?

Edit: I'm currently on the InA quest "Gather Strength".

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Can I start working through the PME map while still in colonial age? I jumped from Iron to Colonial age today, and I'm a little short on forge points to make it to industrial age. If I negotiate through PME, can I still get the MG troops when my quests catch up?

Edit: I'm currently on the InA quest "Gather Strength".
You could definitely get the 4 commandos, 1 champ, and 2 artillery, but I don't think you'd get the MG teams. You get them from side quests that only trigger if you haven't taken all of Che's provinces. So taking the sectors on the map will mess that up.

Halgar

You could definitely get the 4 commandos, 1 champ, and 2 artillery, but I don't think you'd get the MG teams. You get them from side quests that only trigger if you haven't taken all of Che's provinces. So taking the sectors on the map will mess that up.

Assuming that I follow the instructions below, can I start doing this before I get to the PME quest line? I leveled up to Industrial Age now, and I’m working my way through the progressive era quest line, but I’d like to keep pressing the map while I do that. The supply rewards from completing PME map sectors help to complete all of the “gather 100k supplies” type quests that I’ve got coming up. I thought that the appropriate Che quests would probably show up once I’ve gotten to the PME quests, but I’m wondering if I need to wait to start negotiating his sectors until I’m up to PME quests.

Negotiate with Che for any sector
  • Take only one out of two of Che's provinces (Rung Chien Dau or Cai Chet Nui)
  • Take a complete province next to the provinces above
  • Only negotiate Che's provinces. Don't fight him.

Edit: I think I may have just comprehended your earlier response. I'm thinking of it like a story quest that will eventually catch up when I get there, but since it's a side quest, perhaps it won't ever appear if I don't wait until I'm caught up to PME quests?

Last edited:

baldius

im curious im currently on OFmap in INA and was wondering if i can go back and finish the skipped sectors on CEandTE without screwin story up i still have truth or dare and maybe get some CEand TE units

UBERhelp1

Assuming that I follow the instructions below, can I start doing this before I get to the PME quest line? I leveled up to Industrial Age now, and I’m working my way through the progressive era quest line, but I’d like to keep pressing the map while I do that. The supply rewards from completing PME map sectors help to complete all of the “gather 100k supplies” type quests that I’ve got coming up. I thought that the appropriate Che quests would probably show up once I’ve gotten to the PME quests, but I’m wondering if I need to wait to start negotiating his sectors until I’m up to PME quests.

Negotiate with Che for any sector
  • Take only one out of two of Che's provinces (Rung Chien Dau or Cai Chet Nui)
  • Take a complete province next to the provinces above
  • Only negotiate Che's provinces. Don't fight him.

Edit: I think I may have just comprehended your earlier response. I'm thinking of it like a story quest that will eventually catch up when I get there, but since it's a side quest, perhaps it won't ever appear if I don't wait until I'm caught up to PME quests?
The side quests won't appear at all if you take all of Che's sectors. Those side quests trigger off the story and the map. So when the story reaches the point where those would trigger, it checks to make sure you haven't taken all Che's provinces and if you have, you won't get them.

Bottom line, if you want MG teams, don't do anything with the PME map until you get the story caught up.

im curious im currently on OFmap in INA and was wondering if i can go back and finish the skipped sectors on CEandTE without screwin story up i still have truth or dare and maybe get some CEand TE units
I don't think you'd get the CE units since the side quests that give them don't trigger them when you are in InA. I think you could get the TE ones though if you took the TE provinces left.