• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

TreeMan3210

@UBERhelp1, something weird happened when I completed the quest "Dictator's Death". After completion, I was faced with a million Progressive Era side quests, having got past all of them (or aborting them), I was left with 2 recurring quest slots and "Your Choice: Truth or Dare".

As I couldn't do anything but abort the quest, "Your Choice: Truth or Dare", now I've got the two Rocket Artillery and I have to research the last two techs in PME. :(

@KingJMobile Oh, I'm sorry for you :( . But have you tried completing / aborting any of the recurring quests before aborting "Truth or Dare"? I thought the game shouold realize that there is no active story quest (since "Truth or Dare" is a side quest), and give you one when you do this. I may be wrong though, @UBERhelp1 can possibly clarify.

KingJMobile

@UBERhelp1 @TreeMan3210 , so what happened was in order:
  • Had to research three techs in the PME questline, but I had only two techs left in indy, so I had to age up.
  • Completed a recurring quest, and started the PE side questline which was build tarmac roads.
  • Left “Your Choice: Truth or Dare” incomplete
  • Didn’t complete/abort any side quest/recurring quest, and got to the TE Cmap
  • Completed the side quest to build tarmac roads
  • Got the quest “Dictator’s Death” and completed it
  • A million PE side quests came rushing in, completed/aborted all of them, and I was left with 2 PE recurring quests and “Your Choice: Truth or Dare”

Last edited:

KingJMobile

I had just scouted the first province Torrinhos.
I hope the Story Quests continue normally, though I'm not so sure about the CE Story. If all continues normally, I'll just go to PME and continue on.

UBERhelp1

I hope the Story Quests continue normally, though I'm not so sure about the CE Story. If all continues normally, I'll just go to PME and continue on.
Oh wait so you never actually took a TE sector? That's probably what went wrong. To skip to FE, you have to actually take the first FE province.

[EDIT] Actually wanted to add to this and what @xivarmy said below. Maybe try taking a TE province and it'll redo the story. My guess is it figured you completed the CE story, and hadn't reached TE yet, so it just paused it.

Last edited:

xivarmy

I just attempted the same thing you were yesterday. Good news, the TE story *will* come back at the point when you scout Rio Roxo with "Meet Miguel Mantos". This is in time to get 2 Stealth Tanks to keep fighting with after Falsa Cruz - but you do have to fight 2/3 of the TE map first. I did manage to do so with just the MG team + rogues though.

I want to attempt a world where I try to get the TE story to appear from the start but it'll be a long time til I'm there on another world (my closest is in LMA but lacks some of the military support to efficiently fight CE map)

As long as you don't touch "Your Choice: Truth or Dare?" or possibly go back and complete skipped CE provinces that may unlock King of the Desert, you're fine. Just check after each sector completion/scout if the story is back yet by aborting a quest other than your choice.

Last edited:

KingJMobile

Oh, can I still start the TE story now that I have the quest “The End of this Chapter”?
I’m going to take a TE sector first and see what happens.

xivarmy

Oh, can I still start the TE story now that I have the quest “The End of this Chapter”?
I’m going to take a TE sector first and see what happens.

No you cannot. You needed to not abort Your Choice.

To elaborate on what's going on with the methods to skip those two blocker quests:

The CE blocker you're making story disappear by creating one of the conditions where you are not eligible for *any* story quests. I am not sure what the exact prereq for King of the Desert is missing - whether it's that you didn't do the Madman/Sheikh questlines or whether it's that you don't actually have the two skipped provinces you weren't forced to scout & take by the story you bypassed or whether it's that you're no longer on the CE continent.

The PME blocker-skip, story is "missing" while you have "Your Choice: Truth or Dare?" because they gave you one pseudo-story quest they wanted to let you abort to make a decision and this got flagged as a Side Quest.

----

Since Story can occasionally go missing, they added in points at which story can resume as well - where regardless of completing previous story quests, it can come back just for being at the right spot on the map. The point that was chosen in Uberhelp's guide was after negotiating the first FE province. An earlier point if you *do* want TE story is after scouting Rio Roxo.

I kinda wish there's an earlier still point so as to get the early stealth tanks from Viroz questline - but after scouting the first TE province is too late if such a point exists (that's when I tried to get it back too). The natural next test would be if you have to have left the CE continent at all in order to not get King of the Desert. See if you can get the quest to scout the next continent or the quest to scout the first province of the new map.

Last edited:

KingJMobile

You know what, I might as well follow on the Story at this point. I really don't want to exploit the Story Quests any longer. Though I am not sure about the CE questline, as I received the quest "Dictator's Death". Hopefully that might just cut out the CE tech blocker in the end.

xivarmy

You know what, I might as well follow on the Story at this point. I really don't want to exploit the Story Quests any longer. Though I am not sure about the CE questline, as I received the quest "Dictator's Death". Hopefully that might just cut out the CE tech blocker in the end.

As long as you don't touch anything more on the CE map, it should for sure remain skipped (unless you somehow fulfill whatever the missing prereq is for King of the Desert, it would've already shown up if it was going to).

TE story will also likely not resume until you scout Rio Roxo (and only after you complete End of this Chapter). If you want it to resume you should avoid doing more on the TE map until you have finished End of this Chapter.

Warmonger Maddy

Part 4: Oceanic Future Troops, in PME

Skipping the Tech Blocker

The Future Era Story
Only take sectors as requested by the FE storyline. Especially, do not take the province Kolaburg completely until the quest "Down the Rabbit Hole," as otherwise you will have to research an additional technology.
Please Help!
I am trying to get HT in PME. I was on the quest "Kolaburg Crisis" which requires to "Infiltrate 4 sectors of Kolaburg" and "Buy 5 forge points". In order to save coins I acquired Kolaburg because acquiring it meant I wouldn't have to infiltrate as it would auto-complete. Then it gave me the quest "Down the rabbit hole" with the requirement of "Research a technology" and "Spend 40 forge points" when I compleated this quest I ended up with 3 recurring quests and no story quest. Now I don't know what to do or how to get back the story quest. Please help!

UBERhelp1

Please Help!
I am trying to get HT in PME. I was on the quest "Kolaburg Crisis" which requires to "Infiltrate 4 sectors of Kolaburg" and "Buy 5 forge points". In order to save coins I acquired Kolaburg because acquiring it meant I wouldn't have to infiltrate as it would auto-complete. Then it gave me the quest "Down the rabbit hole" with the requirement of "Research a technology" and "Spend 40 forge points" when I compleated this quest I ended up with 3 recurring quests and no story quest. Now I don't know what to do or how to get back the story quest. Please help!
Scout the next province and after aborting an RQ the story quest should reappear.

Warmonger Maddy

I got them...had to acquire Bonta Town and scout Botuku and complete/abort a recurring quest...then I got my story quest back. Thanks anyways and Thanks again a lot for this awesome guide...

AceUniverse

Sorry, so it says 22 research is needed. Does that mean 22 research is needed, not including any from the InA age? Because I want to collect some of the expansions from EMA - CA and not sure how many I can collect.

UBERhelp1

Sorry, so it says 22 research is needed. Does that mean 22 research is needed, not including any from the InA age? Because I want to collect some of the expansions from EMA - CA and not sure how many I can collect.
In total, to get through the PE-OF stories, while taking the cheapest routes in terms of techs needed, you need 22. You can fulfill that with some from InA, or complete part of the PE story early in CA, or however you do it if you want all the troops possible. you need 22.

You do need Police Stations though for the story, and you can get them from GE/events, so you have to decide whether you'd want to wait to try and get them or if you unlock them on the tech tree.

AceUniverse

In total, to get through the PE-OF stories, while taking the cheapest routes in terms of techs needed, you need 22. You can fulfill that with some from InA, or complete part of the PE story early in CA, or however you do it if you want all the troops possible. you need 22.

You do need Police Stations though for the story, and you can get them from GE/events, so you have to decide whether you'd want to wait to try and get them or if you unlock them on the tech tree.
So I don't really need to save like 20 researches before InA then?

xivarmy

So I don't really need to save like 20 researches before InA then?

It's hard to detach PE story like he does from the tech count because many of the techs in PE have to be a specific type of tech, which you might not have available. And how far you got into PE in CA also affects how many you really had to skip.

If you research to police stations I believe you wind up with at most 4 industrial techs left at end of PE story.
If you win police stations I believe it's possible to have 12-13 industrial techs left at end of PE story (with help from work done in CA)

You need 6-7 techs for ME to FE hovers. (extra tech if you decide to do TE story to have better troops to fight FE map).
You need 16-18 techs for ME to stuck-point in OF story. (second extra tech for not trying the negotiation shenanigans to skip a tech in AF).

So if you want to research police stations, and you want all the troops with a minimum of goods you may need to skip up to 14 techs through Colonial Age.

Last edited: