• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

UBERhelp1

It's hard to detach PE story like he does from the tech count because many of the techs in PE have to be a specific type of tech, which you might not have available. And how far you got into PE in CA also affects how many you really had to skip.

If you research to police stations I believe you wind up with at most 4 industrial techs left at end of PE story.
If you win police stations I believe it's possible to have 12-13 industrial techs left at end of PE story (with help from work done in CA)

You need 6-7 techs for ME to FE hovers. (extra tech if you decide to do TE story to have better troops to fight FE map).
You need 16-18 techs for ME to stuck-point in OF story. (second extra tech for not trying the negotiation shenanigans to skip a tech in AF).

So if you want to research police stations, and you want all the troops with a minimum of goods you may need to skip up to 14 techs through Colonial Age.
After police stations you have 8 techs left. So ME story on you're fine, but you'll probably need more than that depending on PE research needs. You could possibly manage it with just InA techs, but I'd really have to plan it out and check.

xivarmy

After police stations you have 8 techs left. So ME story on you're fine, but you'll probably need more than that depending on PE research needs. You could possibly manage it with just InA techs, but I'd really have to plan it out and check.

Hovers you should be able to manage with just InA techs if you don't research police stations easily.

If you research police stations for "The Peace Conference", you still need a cultural tech for "Freedom of the Press" - and the only cultural tech after police stations is infrastructure. So you have to give up extra techs there and wind up with just 4 industrial techs available (Reconnaissance, Victorian Houses, Ballistics, Breech Loading) for ME+.

Edit: I see there's a second version though of peace conference that doesn't require a cultural tech. I'm sure I've got stuck with version 1 while fighting before though. Will have to keep an eye out next time through.

Last edited:

KeenWise

Part 2: Industrial and Progressive Era Troops (In CA)

This section covers the player’s ability to get InA troops and a small amount of PE troops in CA. Starting with the InA cMap, it begins to get trickier. Actions by the player on the cMap can greatly affect rewards and troops. Additionally, the InA Bonus Questline can be triggered in CA, but can only be completed in InA. This means that accidentally triggering the InA Bonus Questline will permanently remove a RQ slot until it is completed.

Industrial Age Troops
In order to avoid loss of an RQ slot, negotiate southern provinces and attack the northern ones. To gain more diamonds later on, be sure to negotiate any sector with natives defending it. Whenever possible, avoid taking sectors of Las Penas. Remember to only do what is necessary – don't work ahead, and be slow in researching technology. By following this technique, the player should receive 6 Rifleman (ranged unit), 2 Jaeger Infantry (light units), 4 Lancers (fast units), 1 Howitzer (heavy unit), 3 Breech Loaders (artillery units), and 8 Bronze Age Horsemen (fast units).

However, since the InA questline can be confusing, I've made the flowchart-ish thing below that shows all the possible routes for the InA questline, with the rewards and decisions shown to help you plan. Note that you can only avoid triggering the InA Bonus Questline (which you can only complete in InA) by either negotiating all provinces or by fighting the northern and negotiating the southern provinces.
so4TxZl.png
w59IzLj.png
yroF0b4.png

Click images to view larger

You might notice that the charts above only show how to get 3 of the 6 available Rifleman (ranged units). To get them, you must negotiate sectors of Okahe, then abort a RQ. Doing so gives you the side quest "Guns for the Natives." Completing that then gives you the quest "The Natives' Support" which yields the 3 additional Riflemen (ranged units).

Progressive Era Troops, in CA
There are a maximum of two PE troops the player can get from the PE story while still in CA, but there are four possible types of troops the player can get - 2 Conscripts (light units), 2 Tanks (heavy units), 2 Snipers (ranged units), or 1 Rapid Fire Cannon (artillery unit). Each "track" has a slightly different strategy to get them, but (and this is important), the player can not get all of these troops.

Unfortunately, the player can only get one of the above choices while in CA. For example, going for the Rapid Fire Cannon blocks the player from getting any of the other units while in CA. However, aging up to InA afterwards gives the player the ability to also get the Tanks or Snipers. So the player has to make a choice from one of the options in the table below.
Troops Gained: CATroops Gained: InA
2 ConscriptsRest of PE*
2 SnipersRest of PE*
2 TanksRest of PE*
1 Rapid Fire Cannon2 Snipers + Rest of PE*
1 Rapid Fire Cannon2 Tanks + Rest of PE*
*The rest of the PE units that can be gained are 1 Armored Car (fast unit) and 3 Conscripts (light units), but these do not depend on this decision. See Part 3 for more on the rest of the PE troops.

And so which is the best choice for you? That depends. If you like artillery, go for the Rapid Fire Cannon, but beware that you get blocked until moving to InA. If you like the other options, you only get those troops plus the rest of the PE troops (see Part 3 below), and miss out on the Rapid Fire Cannon.

So to get these troops, the "paths" will be broken down in the spoilers below, including which provinces to fight/negotiate and what techs you may need.
For all of these, you must take the first province on the map, Havre, and scout the three provinces around it, completing the story quests as you go. It does not matter if you fight or negotiate Havre.
Negotiate sectors when prompted to take sectors in the story quests. It does not matter which sectors you negotiate, as long as you do not fight at this stage.

To get the conscripts, you must both research a technology that does not unlock a military building or expansion, AND later on research a technology that unlocks a decoration, so be sure to save two techs that fit those descriptions for this purpose.
Negotiate sectors of either Uxrow or Omoien, and keep negotiating until you reach the quest Blood in the Trenches, where you are asked to take two sectors. Here, fight sectors of Kriegreich to complete this quest. Complete the next few story quests, and you will get the snipers.

To do so requires researching a technology that does not unlock a military building or expansion, AND later on researching a technology that unlocks a decoration, so be sure to save two techs that fit those descriptions for this purpose.
Negotiate sectors of Kriegreich, and keep negotiating until you reach the quest Blood in the Trenches, where you are asked to take two sectors. Here, fight sectors of either Uxrow or Omoein to complete this quest. Complete the next few story quests, and you will get the tanks.

To do so requires researching a technology that does not unlock a military building or expansion, AND later on researching a technology that unlocks a decoration, so be sure to save two techs that fit those descriptions for this purpose.
To get the Rapid Fire Cannon, the player must fight any of the sectors and research a military technology.

However, which province(s) you fight to do this will determine which units (either tanks or snipers) you can get once you age up to InA. If you would prefer to gain 2 Tanks (heavy units) later on, then take Uxrow or Omoien by fighting, or if you would prefer 2 Snipers (ranged units), take Kriegreich by fighting.

The strategy of getting Snipers and Tanks in CA was kindly provided by @Draqone, and their original post(s) on this topic can be found on the EN forums [here].

Hello again and greetings from an LMA city with CA heavies , range, and artillery. :) Almost one month since my last post way back at start of this city. I am in the CA story quests, and I want to be sure I understand the advice above, now that I am approaching a decision point. :)

1. If I understood correctly, if I want Progressive troops while I am still in CA, then I have to forgo the Indy bonus quest line. Is that right?

2. Whether yes or no to #1, staying in LMA will only delay me, right? I have 2 rq's and am working CA story, but that won't help me get Progressive troops at all, right? Ie, I have to age up to CA? Which brings when to do it --when forced by a quest? Or now (because it is hard to slow down)?

3. Also, I have skipped 23 techs from HMA down, and so far have skipped three LMAs, too. I can skip a fourth before I get to CA; ie, I can enter CA with 27 skipped researches.

4. My gut instinct is to get to CA now -- completing the fewest possible researches, meaning the last LMA cultural, res, and mil. Then I would have to choose which to do -- muskets or maritime shipping -- would it make sense to do only one of those at first? Then pause research completely while working the campaign map to avoid triggering Indy bonus quest but still triggering the Progressive quests for tanks. Does that sound right? Or should I just sit tight in LMA as long as I can, without even doing those last three LMA researches, just negging my way on the map -- would that eventually get me to Tanks, even without working on the CA story quests?

5. If you could let me know, please, if I you think I am making a mess of my plans to reach hovers in Indy, I'd appreciate it as well as any course corrections. Just writing (and editing) this post has made me pause. Lol, now I am wondering which is the right move: sitting where I am in research and working map... or moving to CA and then working the map... Hmmm.

6. (Edited to add this one) If I continue to just let the CA story quests move me along (am on #12 now), resisting any other compulsion to advance on map or tree, then I can do all the story quests ahead of me with LMA tech only... till I get to Varseilles' Beauty (#18). At that point I would complete LMA Gunpowder and enter CA via Maritime Shipping. Then I would still have the LMA cultural tech and LMA residential tech "available"... but maybe they won't matter. Hmmm. That one sounds reasonable...

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Hello again and greetings from an LMA city with CA heavies , range, and artillery. :) Almost one month since my last post way back at start of this city. I am in the CA story quests, and I want to be sure I understand the advice above, now that I am approaching a decision point. :)

1. If I understood correctly, if I want Progressive troops while I am still in CA, then I have to forgo the Indy bonus quest line. Is that right?

2. Whether yes or no to #1, staying in LMA will only delay me, right? I have 2 rq's and am working CA story, but that won't help me get Progressive troops at all, right? Ie, I have to age up to CA? Which brings when to do it --when forced by a quest? Or now (because it is hard to slow down)?

3. Also, I have skipped 23 techs from HMA down, and so far have skipped three LMAs, too. I can skip a fourth before I get to CA; ie, I can enter CA with 27 skipped researches.

4. My gut instinct is to get to CA now -- completing the fewest possible researches, meaning the last LMA cultural, res, and mil. Then I would have to choose which to do -- muskets or maritime shipping -- would it make sense to do only one of those at first? Then pause research completely while working the campaign map to avoid triggering Indy bonus quest but still triggering the Progressive quests for tanks. Does that sound right? Or should I just sit tight in LMA as long as I can, without even doing those last three LMA researches, just negging my way on the map -- would that eventually get me to Tanks, even without working on the CA story quests?

5. If you could let me know, please, if I you think I am making a mess of my plans to reach hovers in Indy, I'd appreciate it as well as any course corrections. Just writing (and editing) this post has made me pause. Lol, now I am wondering which is the right move: sitting where I am in research and working map... or moving to CA and then working the map... Hmmm.

6. (Edited to add this one) If I continue to just let the CA story quests move me along (am on #12 now), resisting any other compulsion to advance on map or tree, then I can do all the story quests ahead of me with LMA tech only... till I get to Varseilles' Beauty (#18). At that point I would complete LMA Gunpowder and enter CA via Maritime Shipping. Then I would still have the LMA cultural tech and LMA residential tech "available"... but maybe they won't matter. Hmmm. That one sounds reasonable...
1. Not necessarily. Basically you skip the InA Bonus Questline until you take Las Penas completely. Once you do, the questline will trigger (if you're CA+) and you can only complete it in InA+.
2. You're not really slowed down that much. I'd say that you should complete as much of the CA story as you can in LMA, and then move up to CA once you reach a blocker.
3. That's a lot of techs lol
4. To get the InA and PE stories, you have to be at least in CA, otherwise you'll get blocked. So you could move up to CA, or stay in LMA until you complete what CA story you can. It doesn't matter too much, as long as you're in CA while starting the InA story.
5. It seems like you've got the idea pretty well. At this point in time it's hard to mess it up. That comes later with skipping the PME blocker :p
6. That's probably what I would do.

KeenWise

1. Not necessarily. Basically you skip the InA Bonus Questline until you take Las Penas completely. Once you do, the questline will trigger (if you're CA+) and you can only complete it in InA+.
2. You're not really slowed down that much. I'd say that you should complete as much of the CA story as you can in LMA, and then move up to CA once you reach a blocker.
4. To get the InA and PE stories, you have to be at least in CA, otherwise you'll get blocked. So you could move up to CA, or stay in LMA until you complete what CA story you can. It doesn't matter too much, as long as you're in CA while starting the InA story.
5. It seems like you've got the idea pretty well. At this point in time it's hard to mess it up. That comes later with skipping the PME blocker :p
Your user name is good, but your assistance is even better. Thanks!!

p.s., i have another lma world, also at the end of the LMA research tree, actually. but that was well before i found this wonderful thread. on that world i only have six techs saved up. will go for progressives there, but thinking hovers are already hovering just out of reach. oh what a difference knowledge makes. thanks again for sharing!!

p.p.s. they have contests for everything in these forums, lol. have they ever had one for most helpful forum posts (or threads)? they could make that a vote option in addition to the like. maybe give everyone a max of five posts that they can give that tag. if someone finds a sixth useful post, then they choose to untag one and tag another if they prefer. at end of year all the tags tabulated, winners announced and rewarded, and the voting starts again with past winners made ineligible but permanently tagged "most helpful post of 20xx"

Last edited:
I might put something in about Police Stations soon, but I don't think you could get all the available troops with only the 2 in CA and all of InA.

Update for you, GE level 2 encounter 28 (3rd big one), gives saloon cultural building based on 2 weeks of data. Still hoping to get data for GE level 4 cultural building. I still believe it is possible to get the Police Stations I just can't recall where I got them on a different world, likely events.

Last edited:

logen99

I shall make a little log of what happened.
-In Ina, reached PME story line, "true or dare", left it uncompleted.
-Scouted and negitiated CE map, except for Suggah and Safa.
-Went to TE map, I believe the "truth or dare" quest now was called a side quest.
-Negotiated Torrinhos.
-Scouted Itabarai (or Villarabia, not completely sure). Didn't take all the sectors of Itabarai as I didn't have enough goods.
-Scouted & negotiated Villarabia.
-Scouted Rio Roxo.

Around scouting Rio Roxo, I got I believe "Meet Miguel Mantos".
I as well aborted or completed other side quests (from Ina) every step of the way. Perhabs I messed up there, as I now that Stefanos 83163 in his post [here] told to keep 2 side quests open at all time.
First, thank you so much, @UBERhelp1 for your your humongous work! Just amazing!

I've got kind of confussion on what to do regarding TE cmap and if we get the TE story mission prompted... I got similar result as @SummerKasper , in one world, but I didn't scout Itarabai. After going through Torrinhos by fighting, I scouted into Villariba, and then Rio Roxo. But there, after completing a RQ quest I got the TE story line prompted.
Do you think the safest way to skip any CE and/or TE story missions prompted would be to (besides having the "Your Choice: Truth or Dare" uncompleted, as well) :
1) go through those 2 Eras' CMaps as you described in your guide (leaving unscouted the sectors you described), but not touching a single mission, even the RQ ones, and then
2) once reaching FE CMap, and negotiating the full Agadar, complete or cancel any recurring mission to trigger the story mission for FE Era

I mean: would it be extremely important to not do any recurring mission, while we go through CE and TE CMaps? Thanks in advance for any light on this matter.

UBERhelp1

I mean: would it be extremely important to not do any recurring mission, while we go through CE and TE CMaps? Thanks in advance for any light on this matter.
Yes. Basically, by doing an RQ or side quest, you will cause the story to jump to that slot with Dicator's Death. If you complete that quest before taking Agadar, you'll end up.... somewhere. Depending on where you are on the maps, you could be sent back to the PME story, maybe something with the CE story (?), and possibly also to the TE story after some time.

Right now, I'm not sure what the "safe" way to get to the TE story is except for getting hovers first and then going back to take TE sectors. I would recommend that path anyways just since you get the good troops earlier.

Ben Trovato

Do you think the safest way to skip any CE and/or TE story missions prompted would be to (besides having the "Your Choice: Truth or Dare" uncompleted, as well) :
1) go through those 2 Eras' CMaps as you described in your guide (leaving unscouted the sectors you described), but not touching a single mission, even the RQ ones, and then
2) once reaching FE CMap, and negotiating the full Agadar, complete or cancel any recurring mission to trigger the story mission for FE Era

The safest way is to take Agadar before reaching "Your Choice". Pause instead on "The Horrors", the quest before Your Choice, and only advance to Your Choice after Agadar. This keeps your two RQ slots functional a little longer.

xivarmy

First, thank you so much, @UBERhelp1 for your your humongous work! Just amazing!

I've got kind of confussion on what to do regarding TE cmap and if we get the TE story mission prompted... I got similar result as @SummerKasper , in one world, but I didn't scout Itarabai. After going through Torrinhos by fighting, I scouted into Villariba, and then Rio Roxo. But there, after completing a RQ quest I got the TE story line prompted.

Regarding your situation, you might be fine anyways just to follow TE story at this point - you'll need 1 additional tech if so is all - skipping TE is not *crucial*. I took this route on one world (intentionally) and it worked out fine.

I'm not sure if you can make TE story go back away at this point or not anyways. But the good part of getting TE story is in the Falsa Cruz part you will get some stealth tanks which will make it *much* easier to fight FE map (other than Agadar that you still have to negotiate to get 4 hover tanks instead of 1).

If you're trying to skip TE story, it's important you still have an uncompleted story quest until you're through the map I think - Or just don't do *any* quest. Story has one overarching rule that cannot be bypassed: you cannot have two story quests at once. So as long as you *have* a story, it's safe to do recurrings and side quests (Other than Your Choice - because if you complete that you may get punted back to PME story and the block). When you *don't* have a story quest you have to be careful of the conditions under which you complete a quest if it's the wrong time for story to come back.

Ben Trovato

Regarding your situation, you might be fine anyways just to follow TE story at this point - you'll need 1 additional tech if so is all - skipping TE is not *crucial*. I took this route on one world (intentionally) and it worked out fine.

I'm not sure if you can make TE story go back away at this point or not anyways. But the good part of getting TE story is in the Falsa Cruz part you will get some stealth tanks which will make it *much* easier to fight FE map (other than Agadar that you still have to negotiate to get 4 hover tanks instead of 1).

If you're trying to skip TE story, it's important you still have an uncompleted story quest until you're through the map I think - Or just don't do *any* quest. Story has one overarching rule that cannot be bypassed: you cannot have two story quests at once. So as long as you *have* a story, it's safe to do recurrings and side quests (Other than Your Choice - because if you complete that you may get punted back to PME story and the block). When you *don't* have a story quest you have to be careful of the conditions under which you complete a quest if it's the wrong time for story to come back.

So are you saying there's a way to deliberately get the TE units in Indy at the cost of an extra research? Could you outline that, please?

logen99

Yes. Basically, by doing an RQ or side quest, you will cause the story to jump to that slot with Dicator's Death. If you complete that quest before taking Agadar, you'll end up.... somewhere. Depending on where you are on the maps, you could be sent back to the PME story, maybe something with the CE story (?), and possibly also to the TE story after some time.

Right now, I'm not sure what the "safe" way to get to the TE story is except for getting hovers first and then going back to take TE sectors. I would recommend that path anyways just since you get the good troops earlier.

The matter is that at my first attempt at a world (the situation described in my first message), I did Agadar by nego, and after that the FE story line didn´t trigger on RQ completion. Instead I got TE story line, and I wonder if that happened because I omitted to scout and take Itabarai. That was the only change on going through TE CMap according to guide, and it might have as well become a mistake by my part.

The safest way is to take Agadar before reaching "Your Choice". Pause instead on "The Horrors", the quest before Your Choice, and only advance to Your Choice after Agadar. This keeps your two RQ slots functional a little longer.
I see! That might be an additional safety meassure to not have "Your choice" done, even by accident. And besides, getting the 2 RQ slots fully functional is really nice, if our travel though CE and TE CMaps lasts for days...

(edited to fix typos)

Right now in another world, I've got:
- "Your choice..." as side quest, uncompleted.
- "Dictator's Death" as mission quest, uncompleted.
- TE CMAp just started, Torrinhos taken by battle, and the rest of the map to be scouted.

Would you suggest going through map till Falsa Cruz, and before scouting this one, complete "Dictator's Death", then "King of Desert", "Tomorrow Land", and every TE story quest triggered till getting the TE stealth tanks? And after that, complete TE CMap, and follow with FE part of the guide?

Last edited:

xivarmy

So are you saying there's a way to deliberately get the TE units in Indy at the cost of an extra research? Could you outline that, please?

Not *all* of them - you miss the ones on Torrino and from Viroz line as far as I know so far.

Ok so after having finished CE Map by this guide:

1) Scout and Take Torrino (i used force)
2) Scout and Take Villariba (i used force)

I finished dictator's death and was trying to get the story to restart from the point after scouting Torrino on the TE map. I was aborting side quests constantly from the point after I had scouted Torrino any time I took a sector or scouted a new province. *if* it's possible to get TE story earlier than I'm about to mention to get those early troops, it has to be before scouting Torrino. I cannot guarantee it's safe to do so.

3) Scout Rio Roxo, and abort or complete a side/recurring quest (NOT Your Choice). You will get "Meet Miguel Mantos". Follow the rest of the map as directed by the story - you may use force (i did). I had also scouted but not taken yet Itarabai. Unsure if that will be of impact.

You will gain 2 Combat Drones, 2 Stealth Tanks, 2 Antimateriel Snipers, 1 TE Champion.

You will need to research an additional tech for the quest "The Villain" (near the end of the story)

Story will follow through the end of the map and put you at the start of the FE story (you will also get the quests to scout the FE continent, first province, and for taking sectors in Agadar (by negotiation if you want 4 hovers)). You'll then join up with where this guide puts you after finishing negotiation of Agadar.

Last edited:

xivarmy

The matter is that at my first attempt at a world (the situation described in my first message), I did Agadar by nego, and after that the FE story line didn´t trigger on RQ completion. Instead I got TE story line, and I wonder if that happened because I omitted to scout and take Itarabai. That was the only change on going through TE CMap according to guide, and it might have as well become a mistake by my part.

I see! That might be an additional safety meassure to not have "Your choice" done, even by accident. And besides, getting the 2 RQ slots fully functional is really nice, if our travel though CE and TE CMaps lasts for days...

(edited to fix typos)

Right now in another world, I've got:
- "Your choice..." as side quest, uncompleted.
- "Dictator's Death" as mission quest, uncompleted.
- TE CMAp just started, Torrinhos taken by battle, and the rest of the map to be scouted.

Would you suggest going through map till Falsa Cruz, and before scouting this one, complete "Dictator's Death", then "King of Desert", "Tomorrow Land", and every TE story quest triggered till getting the TE stealth tanks? And after that, complete TE CMap, and follow with FE part of the guide?

You skip King of the Desert still. The question is if you can trigger Tomorrow's Land or Go Ashore without triggering it. It is safe to complete Dictator's Death once you've scouted the first province of the TE map at least. TE story will restart at Rio Roxo.

logen99

Not *all* of them - you miss the ones on Torrino and from Viroz line as far as I know so far.

I finished dictator's death and was trying to get the story to restart from the point after scouting Torrino on the TE map. I was aborting side quests constantly from the point after I had scouted Torrino any time I took a sector or scouted a new province. *if* it's possible to get TE story earlier than I'm about to mention to get those early troops, it has to be before scouting Torrino. I cannot guarantee it's safe to do so.

3) Scout Rio Roxo, and abort or complete a side/recurring quest (NOT Your Choice). You will get "Meet Miguel Mantos". Follow the rest of the map as directed by the story - you may use force (i did).

You will gain 2 Combat Drones, 2 Stealth Tanks, 2 Antimateriel Snipers, 1 TE Champion.

You will need to research an additional tech for the quest "The Villain" (near the end of the story)

Story will follow through the end of the map and put you at the start of the FE story (you will also get the quests to scout the FE continent, first province, and for taking sectors in Agadar (by negotiation if you want 4 hovers)). You'll then join up with where this guide puts you after finishing negotiation of Agadar.
All right, this answers my question in my previous post, thank you very much!

You skip King of the Desert still. The question is if you can trigger Tomorrow's Land or Go Ashore without triggering it. It is safe to complete Dictator's Death once you've scouted the first province of the TE map at least. TE story will restart at Rio Roxo.
I see. So, I will try to complete Dictators Death before scouting VIllariba and see what happens.

xivarmy

All right, this answers my question in my previous post, thank you very much!

I see. So, I will try to complete Dictators Death before scouting VIllariba and see what happens.

I tried at that point, my experience is you will still just be storyless at that moment (no harm in trying though).

Ben Trovato

3) Scout Rio Roxo, and abort or complete a side/recurring quest (NOT Your Choice). You will get "Meet Miguel Mantos". Follow the rest of the map as directed by the story - you may use force (i did). I had also scouted but not taken yet Itarabai. Unsure if that will be of impact.

Thanks. I would "like" this post twice if I could. It should reduce the fighting bonus needed to fight through that last sector of TE, which I found a bit of a swine with just the MG Teams.

Ben Trovato

The matter is that at my first attempt at a world (the situation described in my first message), I did Agadar by nego, and after that the FE story line didn´t trigger on RQ completion. Instead I got TE story line, and I wonder if that happened because I omitted to scout and take Itarabai. That was the only change on going through TE CMap according to guide, and it might have as well become a mistake by my part.

I didn't scout/take Itabarai either on my Indy run and I moved to Eyes Ahead as expected.

UBERhelp1

Thanks. I would "like" this post twice if I could. It should reduce the fighting bonus needed to fight through that last sector of TE, which I found a bit of a swine with just the MG Teams.
The only problem is that it will cost an extra tech that could be used later on for AF/Of troops.

KeenWise

Quick update -- have taken Okahe by negotiations. Now, to avoid Las Penas as much as possible, I should turn North, which also means fighting those provinces...