• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

MWAHAHAHA!!! Industrial Age and just collected my Hovers :cool:
Now invincible in PvP Arena even against those dasterdly players in PE that have higher age (OF) troops lol. I just whooped some Mech CRAPS etc from a player I was always having to avoid.

Wanted to come and thank @UBERhelp1 and the many other contributors that paved the way here.

And of course ask some advice.
I've 2 techs left and Uberhelp already pointed out that I can get AF troops. My query regards my Recurring Quests. I DO NOT want to lose them. This happened me in BA when I went too far on the map and all my quests became blocked. With a high Chateaux, RQs were my bread and butter and still are to an extent. Back then I had to age up to Indy to get the quests back. That was IA, EMA, HMA, LMA & Colonial with no questline. I want to avoid this at all costs. As it stands, the Truth or Dare quest slot is effectively gone.

So can I safely navigate towards AF troops without losing my 1 remaining RQ slot? Can I get the second RQ slot back? Would going back to the skipped TE sectors be better?

I would be happy now to do nothing else so as not to risk losing the 1 remaining RQ .

Any advice welcome.

Farti

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

MWAHAHAHA!!! Industrial Age and just collected my Hovers :cool:
Now invincible in PvP Arena even against those dasterdly players in PE that have higher age (OF) troops lol. I just whooped some Mech CRAPS etc from a player I was always having to avoid.

Wanted to come and thank @UBERhelp1 and the many other contributors that paved the way here.

And of course ask some advice.
I've 2 techs left and Uberhelp already pointed out that I can get AF troops. My query regards my Recurring Quests. I DO NOT want to lose them. This happened me in BA when I went too far on the map and all my quests became blocked. With a high Chateaux, RQs were my bread and butter and still are to an extent. Back then I had to age up to Indy to get the quests back. That was IA, EMA, HMA, LMA & Colonial with no questline. I want to avoid this at all costs. As it stands, the Truth or Dare quest slot is effectively gone.

So can I safely navigate towards AF troops without losing my 1 remaining RQ slot? Can I get the second RQ slot back? Would going back to the skipped TE sectors be better?

I would be happy now do nothing else to risk losing the 1 remaining RQ .

Any advice welcome.

Farti
At this point you can't lose the other RQ slot. What I would recommend is going for the AF troops, and once you get all the troops you can with those techs and before the next tech blocker (PM me and I can help you figure this out) abort Truth or Dare. at which point you'll be taken back to the PME story, get Rocket Artillery, and then get tech blocked in PME, but you'll have two RQ slots again. However, this would mean you would not get any other troops AF and above until you move up to CE for certain, or possible PME. If you are fine with one RQ slot, then I would recommend keeping Truth or Dare so that you can get AF and OF troops once you move up to PE and have more techs to research. At the same time though a second RQ slot could be handy if you plan on camping in InA for a long time.

Warcoss

Is there anyway I can fight from InA to the MG teams on 110/80 a/d? Like fight ina map then use InA units to fight PE then PE unit + rogues for ME, then ME + rogues for PmE to the MG? I know attack is low but it’s a diamond farm

UBERhelp1

Is there anyway I can fight from InA to the MG teams on 110/80 a/d? Like fight ina map then use InA units to fight PE then PE unit + rogues for ME, then ME + rogues for PmE to the MG? I know attack is low but it’s a diamond farm
You should still be able to. Just be careful when fighting and you'll be fine. If possible, use tavern or inventory boosts.

I'm in InA, working on getting Hoovers. Fought through all CE and TE, but skipped the CE and TE sectors marked in Part 4 of this guide
I just got to FE, and negotiated the first province (Agadar).

These are the 3 open quests I have:
1) Dictator’s Death (CE Story Quest)
2) Your Choice Truth or Dare (PME Side Quest)
3) Gadgeteer (TE Side Quest, to produce 7 nano drones and 7 tools)

I’ve 7 Techs left, all InA.

If I understand correctly, I should now:
  • Keep “Truth or Dare” open until I get all 3 Hoovers (which means I get no CE or TE troops) (EDITED: Actually, based on post # 782,should keep it open until I move to PE, I'm fine with 1 or even 0 RQs for a while)
  • Follow the story quest through CE, then TE (?), then finally to FE
  • Only do the bare minimum on the C-map, based on the story line
  • Do what side quests I can, and abort any (like gadgeteer) that require a future era building/product, etc. Note: I totally don’t care if I lose my Recurring Quests for a while, if there is a chance to get more troops by doing side quests.
  • Once I get to the FE story line, negotiate Kalabuye (Joy Danba) and don’t take either Bisoraba or Kalabuye before getting 3 Hovers through "Greetings from a Friend."
  • After that, I can abort “Truth or Dare” (make any difference if I abort of complete?)
Is that correct?

Thanks @UBERhelp1 and everyone contributing to this amazing guide, and all the advice to get this far!

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

I'm in InA, working on getting Hoovers. Fought through all CE and TE, but skipped the CE and TE sectors marked in Part 4 of this guide
I just got to FE, and negotiated the first province (Agadar).

These are the 3 open quests I have:
1) Dictator’s Death (CE Story Quest)
2) Your Choice Truth or Dare (PME Side Quest)
3) Gadgeteer (TE Side Quest, to produce 7 nano drones and 7 tools)

I’ve 7 Techs left, all InA.

If I understand correctly, I should now:
  • Keep “Truth or Dare” open until I get all 3 Hoovers (which means I get no CE or TE troops) (EDITED: Actually, based on post # 782,should keep it open until I move to PE, I'm fine with 1 or even 0 RQs for a while)
  • Follow the story quest through CE, then TE (?), then finally to FE
  • Only do the bare minimum on the C-map, based on the story line
  • Do what side quests I can, and abort any (like gadgeteer) that require a future era building/product, etc. Note: I totally don’t care if I lose my Recurring Quests for a while, if there is a chance to get more troops by doing side quests.
  • Once I get to the FE story line, negotiate Kalabuye (Joy Danba) and don’t take either Bisoraba or Kalabuye before getting 3 Hovers through "Greetings from a Friend."
  • After that, I can abort “Truth or Dare” (make any difference if I abort of complete?)
Is that correct?

Thanks @UBERhelp1 and everyone contributing to this amazing guide, and all the advice to get this far!
If the only thing you want is hovers, then yes. If you want all the troops, keep Truth or Dare open until you get the last possible OF troops. Once you no longer have Truth or Dare, no matter what, you will not get any other troops until you move up to PME. If you think that any time between InA and PME you'll want more, I'd keep it open until you've received everything.

If the only thing you want is hovers, then yes. If you want all the troops, keep Truth or Dare open until you get the last possible OF troops. Once you no longer have Truth or Dare, no matter what, you will not get any other troops until you move up to PME. If you think that any time between InA and PME you'll want more, I'd keep it open until you've received everything.
Thanks! Will keep Truth or Dare open and see how far I get.

BadDR

I'm on the FE map and just received the "An Old Acquaintance" quest. I thought I'd outline my path since I wasn't able to find a definitive one on this thread.

Negotiated Agadar
Fought the next eight provinces, ending with Botuku
At the quest "Taking Bokutu," I scouted Kalabuye first, then scouted Bisoraba
I didn't touch Kalabuye while waiting for the scouting of Bisoraba to complete

My theory is doing anything with Kalabuye before completing the "Taking Bokutu" quest will cause you to skip directly to "Entering Bisoraba." Just like you don't get "Greetings from a Friend" if you've removed Joy Danba from the map by taking Kalabuye, you might not get "An Old Acquaintance" if you've already encountered her by taking one of its sectors.

UBERhelp1

I'm just curious, is it possible to get CE units in Indy (and of course face the CE tech blocker)?
I honestly don't know, but my guess would be no. Since none of the CE units actually come from the story quests, but rather side quests that are triggered, I think it's unlikely. I know that in ME, the only CE troops you might be able to get are attack helicopters, but I haven't seen any mention of that in a while. If none of the other unit related side quests are triggered in ME, then I doubt that they would in ages below it. Of course, if anyone is willing to try and report back, I'll never say no to that. But the odds are against you.

Now, can you get the rest of the CE story? That's a completely different question. I think you might be able to, if you take the two skipped provinces(?) As before, I've never tested this since you are essentially wasting your chance.

@UBERhelp1
One tiny bit of info you may wish to include in your excellent guide is the need to trade up for 30 purified water (FE goods) to complete the FE Story Quest "water needed". That set me back 2 days while I waited to make enough trades.
Are there any other FE story quests that require FE goods, before I obtain all the Hoovers? Thanks again for this resource!!

UBERhelp1

@UBERhelp1
One tiny bit of info you may wish to include in your excellent guide is the need to trade up for 30 purified water (FE goods) to complete the FE Story Quest "water needed". That set me back 2 days while I waited to make enough trades.
Are there any other FE story quests that require FE goods, before I obtain all the Hoovers? Thanks again for this resource!!
Based on a quick look, yes you will need some goods. However, I don't necessarily feel like it should be added. I focus more on what you can't get more of - troops and techs. I don't list how many coins and/or supplies you'd need, for example. Additionally, since you receive amounts of goods from the questlines before and after many of the quests requiring you to pay those resources, I would have to list out in order what you need when. If you have a CF, that information would be even more confusing since you'd have to factor in those boosts.

Idk. Does anyone else think I should add it? If a lot of you think it would be useful I'll go through and do it for every questline.

UBERhelp1

Don't! It's not at all worth the effort. This was my first time trying for Advanced era units. Next time I'll know to build up my FE stocks while working my way through the CE and TE maps. Just a good learning experience! ;)
If it's worth the effort to a couple people it's worthwhile. I'll have to think of a way to do it so that people can easily understand it, but it isn't a bad idea.

Ionfrigate

Hi, Thanks for the great tutorial.

I play in France server, so I registered an ingame account for share my own experience about the CE tech block. For these two CE provinces ( Salfah and Suqqah) supposed to be skipped, I took Salfah and left just Suqqah, but I still skipped the CE main quest. It doesnt seem to need to skip both.

I was already in CE at that time so I was not prepared to skip stress management, it was just an accident. I lost almost all TE units except 2 drones. But after that I still succeeded in getting all FE-OF units.

What I guess is that before I got stuck in the final OF quest "persuation", I could still have a chance to finish Salfah and Suqqah, to jump main quest back to CE and TE to get the lost TE units back. But I didn't try it at that time for fear of some unexpected outcomes.

I'm not sure if anyone else has the same experience?

Last edited:

Warcoss

I may have missed it, but while it says I skip CE/TE does that mean I miss out on those units if I go to FE? Or will I still get some of the quests from those eras while I hold onto truth or dare

UBERhelp1

Hi, Thanks for the great tutorial.

I play in France server, so I registered an ingame account for share my own experience about the CE tech block. For these two CE provinces ( Salfah and Suqqah) supposed to be skipped, I took Salfah and left just Suqqah, but I still skipped the CE main quest. It doesnt seem to need to skip both.

I was already in CE at that time so I was not prepared to skip stress management, it was just an accident. I lost almost all TE units except 2 drones. But after that I still succeeded in getting all FE-OF units.

What I guess is that before I got stuck in the final OF quest "persuation", I could still have a chance to finish Salfah and Suqqah, to jump main quest back to CE and TE to get the lost TE units back. But I didn't try it at that time for fear of some unexpected outcomes.

I'm not sure if anyone else has the same experience?
If you take Salfah and Suqqah before Persuasion, the story might jump back. As for TE, if you take the provinces your story will go back and you'll be able to get some of the units.

I may have missed it, but while it says I skip CE/TE does that mean I miss out on those units if I go to FE? Or will I still get some of the quests from those eras while I hold onto truth or dare
If you are below PME, you miss out on CE no matter what. However, you can get the TE units. To do so, instead of waiting to get to FE to abort a quest other than truth or dare, do so after completing the CE map (skipping the CE provinces). You'll lose the story for a little bit after CE and then get it back on the TE map. You just have to keep pushing the map until it appears again, taking the skipped provinces. The other option is to proceed as described in the guide, then at any point you want take the skipped TE provinces and your next story quests should jump back to the TE story.