• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

mOid

I'm scouting the first FE province now. I'm holding truth or dare and one recurring quest line. However, I messed up and took Las Penas and ended up in the Bonus Quests. I still have 3 of those to complete, the current one is asking me to research a tech that opens a cultural building.

Should I complete the bonus quests before I move on the FE map? Or, can I hold it for the FE quest that requires a tech to be researched?

I figure I better complete the bonus quests before I take the first FE province. I'll lose an unresearched tech but I have 20 which I believe is enough.
Anyone know if I can leave the Bonus Quest open or should I finish those first?

UBERhelp1

I'm scouting the first FE province now. I'm holding truth or dare and one recurring quest line. However, I messed up and took Las Penas and ended up in the Bonus Quests. I still have 3 of those to complete, the current one is asking me to research a tech that opens a cultural building.

Should I complete the bonus quests before I move on the FE map? Or, can I hold it for the FE quest that requires a tech to be researched?

I figure I better complete the bonus quests before I take the first FE province. I'll lose an unresearched tech but I have 20 which I believe is enough.
Anyone know if I can leave the Bonus Quest open or should I finish those first?
You can absolutely leave the bonus quest open if you want to. Personally, I would wait until you have to research for the FE questline before researching a tech, just in case, but it's up to you on that.

Agnyshastra

I will negotiate the Sheikh's provinces, but am planning on fighting the rest in the CE and TE maps. What troops combos are recommended? Currently in PME.

UBERhelp1

I will negotiate the Sheikh's provinces, but am planning on fighting the rest in the CE and TE maps. What troops combos are recommended? Currently in PME.
You should be able to manage with artillery, maybe some tanks and MG teams if you need them. It also depends on how much of an attack boost you might have, and if you are good ant manually fighting.

It is the cMap, so that means that regular units will be attacked instead of untransformed rogues, so you don't use a lot of rogues.

Agnyshastra

Thank you for your answer, and also for this detailed guide!

Just making sure I've understood correctly: Stop doing story quests at "Your Choice: Truth or Dare" and then acquire the CMap provinces of CE and TE (except the ones you've told to leave) and Agadar (by negotiation). Then complete Your Choice and most of the CE quests, after which it will automatically skip to FE. Then progresses as normal. Did I miss out anything?

But I have a question, if the entire TE storyline is skipped then when does this part come into play?
Tomorrow Era Troops
On the TE cMap, be sure to fight sectors of Torrinhos. This will yield additional troops, namely 2 Anti-Materiel Snipers (ranged units) and 2 Ultra AP (light units).

In total, the player can gain 4 Microwave Blaster (artillery units), 4 Anti-Materiel Snipers (ranged units), 2 Ultra AP (light units), 4 Stealth Tank (heavy units), and 2 Combat Drones (fast units). The TE story requires one technology to be researched.

Also, as an aside, a TE cultural building, the Surveillance Nexus, can be given from a quest after taking Rio Roxo in ages as early as InA!

The Angry Blanket

I hate to be one of those people that asks before reading, but I have searched all I can think of.
I am in Indy, finishing the last province on TE cMap, I only have 2 techs left.
I have The PME troops up to and including the Champion, Truth or Dare is still open
What is my best plan of attack from here.
Can I still get any FE troops in Indy?
How far can I go if I move up to PE?

UBERhelp1

Thank you for your answer, and also for this detailed guide!

Just making sure I've understood correctly: Stop doing story quests at "Your Choice: Truth or Dare" and then acquire the CMap provinces of CE and TE (except the ones you've told to leave) and Agadar (by negotiation). Then complete Your Choice and most of the CE quests, after which it will automatically skip to FE. Then progresses as normal. Did I miss out anything?

But I have a question, if the entire TE storyline is skipped then when does this part come into play?
Tomorrow Era Troops
On the TE cMap, be sure to fight sectors of Torrinhos. This will yield additional troops, namely 2 Anti-Materiel Snipers (ranged units) and 2 Ultra AP (light units).

In total, the player can gain 4 Microwave Blaster (artillery units), 4 Anti-Materiel Snipers (ranged units), 2 Ultra AP (light units), 4 Stealth Tank (heavy units), and 2 Combat Drones (fast units). The TE story requires one technology to be researched.

Also, as an aside, a TE cultural building, the Surveillance Nexus, can be given from a quest after taking Rio Roxo in ages as early as InA!
No, do not complete Truth or Dare. Once you get to the FE map, then complete or abort a quest that *isn't* truth or dare.

As for the TE storyline, you can take provinces at any point and the story will jump to there. Personally, I'd get the FE troops first and then go back and take some of the TE sectors. Your story should jump back there and you can get some of the troops.

UBERhelp1

I hate to be one of those people that asks before reading, but I have searched all I can think of.
I am in Indy, finishing the last province on TE cMap, I only have 2 techs left.
I have The PME troops up to and including the Champion, Truth or Dare is still open
What is my best plan of attack from here.
Can I still get any FE troops in Indy?
How far can I go if I move up to PE?
With only two techs, I think you have just enough to get hovers. If you go to PE, you'd probably be able to get everything possible.

Agnyshastra

No, do not complete Truth or Dare. Once you get to the FE map, then complete or abort a quest that *isn't* truth or dare.

As for the TE storyline, you can take provinces at any point and the story will jump to there. Personally, I'd get the FE troops first and then go back and take some of the TE sectors. Your story should jump back there and you can get some of the troops.
Oh okay, thanks. So when will I be able to complete/abort Truth or Dare?

UBERhelp1

Oh okay, thanks. So when will I be able to complete/abort Truth or Dare?
Once you complete/abort truth or dare, you will no longer be able to get any higher troops until PME (and maybe CE, not too sure on that). I would only complete/abort it after you get all the OF troops available, and before the quest "Persuasion." Otherwise, you'll miss out on some troops.

Wait untill I have the hovers before moving up?
Can I make it to OF in PE from here?
You could get the hovers now. If you move up to PE and research PE techs only as the story questline asks you to, you should definitely be safe getting all the available troops.

KingJMobile

@UBERhelp1 In the TE Cmap, which province do you have to scout/conquer to start the TE Story? I know that taking Rio Roxo will start the story with "Meet Miguel Mantos" but I've heard that in Part 4 of your guide that taking one of the skipped provinces can restart the story and get a couple units. (Basically I just want to start the TE Story as early as possible to yield the maximum possible units).

UBERhelp1

@UBERhelp1 In the TE Cmap, which province do you have to scout/conquer to start the TE Story? I know that taking Rio Roxo will start the story with "Meet Miguel Mantos" but I've heard that in Part 4 of your guide that taking one of the skipped provinces can restart the story and get a couple units. (Basically I just want to start the TE Story as early as possible to yield the maximum possible units).
As far as I know, unless you are in CE, you can only get the TE troops after Rio Roxo. I haven't tested any of it though myself.

MooingCat

Hey! I have a quick question on technologies. Unless otherwise stated in the initial guides, are the technologies required just any technology, or are there type requirements for more than the ones specified? For example, after the PE quest that requires you to research a cultural building, are there more future ones that require a cultural building to be researched?

UBERhelp1

Hey! I have a quick question on technologies. Unless otherwise stated in the initial guides, are the technologies required just any technology, or are there type requirements for more than the ones specified? For example, after the PE quest that requires you to research a cultural building, are there more future ones that require a cultural building to be researched?
Unless stated otherwise they're just any technology. So, basically past PE there's no specific tech requirements (unless you count the tech blockers)

My theory is doing anything with Kalabuye before completing the "Taking Bokutu" quest will cause you to skip directly to "Entering Bisoraba."
Followed this. Negotiated Agadar, fought next 7. Completed “taking Botuku” by fighting all of Botuku. Then scouted Kalabuye then scouted Bisorba. The next quest was "An Old Acquaintance".

GrybuKaras

Hi Uber, thank you very much for detailed guide. I am happy owner of OF units in INA. But I run out of tech for the last units and will need to advance to PE to get them. But now I got idea to go for VF units, but not sure if my theory is correct. So maybe someone having more experience can tell that this plan is wrong.
  1. Collect last OF units from quest line.
  2. Scout untouched TE provinces and and trigger TE quest line
  3. Before completing any TE quests, push cMAP to VF map.
  4. Expect that quest from TE will jump to VF quests, as I will be on VF map.
  5. According to wiki you can get 2x Ronin Bots before getting blocked by specific VF tech.
Do you think this plan could work? I am a bit skeptical about 3. if you can push to VF map being in PE, and also if quest line could jump skipping remaining OF quest line.

I am still month behind to finish OF map (its way to too big) to test this. Maybe someone has experience with this?

Thank you in advance.

UBERhelp1

Hi Uber, thank you very much for detailed guide. I am happy owner of OF units in INA. But I run out of tech for the last units and will need to advance to PE to get them. But now I got idea to go for VF units, but not sure if my theory is correct. So maybe someone having more experience can tell that this plan is wrong.
  1. Collect last OF units from quest line.
  2. Scout untouched TE provinces and and trigger TE quest line
  3. Before completing any TE quests, push cMAP to VF map.
  4. Expect that quest from TE will jump to VF quests, as I will be on VF map.
  5. According to wiki you can get 2x Ronin Bots before getting blocked by specific VF tech.
Do you think this plan could work? I am a bit skeptical about 3. if you can push to VF map being in PE, and also if quest line could jump skipping remaining OF quest line.

I am still month behind to finish OF map (its way to too big) to test this. Maybe someone has experience with this?

Thank you in advance.
It won't work. After finishing the OF questline, you lose the story and get a third recurring quest until you move to VF.

You absolutely could push the VF map if you wanted to, but the questline won't jump there.