• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

KingJMobile

Hello Uber,
I've been reading the guide a lot of times and I am still trying to figure out what to do when in Indy and getting troops higher than PME in Indy.

So, according to Part 6 of your guide, to get past the tech blocker, we transfer the story quest to a recurring quest slot once reaching FE CMap, without receiving any units along the way? That would be a challenge. Or is there another way to get CE and TE units along the way? Hovers are great but I'd still like some helicopters and AAVs.

UBERhelp1

Hello Uber,
I've been reading the guide a lot of times and I am still trying to figure out what to do when in Indy and getting troops higher than PME in Indy.

So, according to Part 6 of your guide, to get past the tech blocker, we transfer the story quest to a recurring quest slot once reaching FE CMap, without receiving any units along the way? That would be a challenge. Or is there another way to get CE and TE units along the way? Hovers are great but I'd still like some helicopters and AAVs.
You can't get any CE troops. They come only from side quests, and those don't trigger unless you are a high enough age, and InA is too low. You can get TE units by going back and taking some of the TE provinces later on, but I'm not 100% sure if you can skip directly to the TE questline from the PME one, as no one has tested that.

Whatever the case, I would save my techs and time and just go for the hovers and beyond.

So, I'm in Ina and scouted Itabarai, but didn't fully take it. Then, after scouting Rio Roxo, I got the story quest line which asked me take Rio Roxo.

Thanks. I don't really mind the extra tech, because I wasn't going to make it after all. So, can I continue following the TE story quest line? It requires me to scout Bajatai, which is one of your "forbidden" provines on your map.

UBERhelp1

Thanks. I don't really mind the extra tech, because I wasn't going to make it after all. So, can I continue following the TE story quest line? It requires me to scout Bajatai, which is one of your "forbidden" provines on your map.
Since you're already in the TE questline, you are going to have to take those provinces. Skipping the TE provinces lets you get past the TE storyline, but only if you aren't already in it.

Since you're already in the TE questline, you are going to have to take those provinces. Skipping the TE provinces lets you get past the TE storyline, but only if you aren't already in it.
It makes me wonder what I have done wrong. I left Bajatai and Villabaja unscouted.

continent map.jpg

Attachments

• back to city.jpg
    back to city.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I shall make a little log of what happened.
-In Ina, reached PME story line, "true or dare", left it uncompleted.
-Scouted and negitiated CE map, except for Suggah and Safa.
-Went to TE map, I believe the "truth or dare" quest now was called a side quest.
-Negotiated Torrinhos.
-Scouted Itabarai (or Villarabia, not completely sure). Didn't take all the sectors of Itabarai as I didn't have enough goods.
-Scouted & negotiated Villarabia.
-Scouted Rio Roxo.

Around scouting Rio Roxo, I got I believe "Meet Miguel Mantos".
I as well aborted or completed other side quests (from Ina) every step of the way. Perhabs I messed up there, as I now that Stefanos 83163 in his post [here] told to keep 2 side quests open at all time.

UBERhelp1

I shall make a little log of what happened.
-In Ina, reached PME story line, "true or dare", left it uncompleted.
-Scouted and negitiated CE map, except for Suggah and Safa.
-Went to TE map, I believe the "truth or dare" quest now was called a side quest.
-Negotiated Torrinhos.
-Scouted Itabarai (or Villarabia, not completely sure). Didn't take all the sectors of Itabarai as I didn't have enough goods.
-Scouted & negotiated Villarabia.
-Scouted Rio Roxo.

Around scouting Rio Roxo, I got I believe "Meet Miguel Mantos".
I as well aborted or completed other side quests (from Ina) every step of the way. Perhabs I messed up there, as I now that Stefanos 83163 in his post [here] told to keep 2 side quests open at all time.
Ok so by progressing the story, you skipped to to TE. Good thing you didn't progress it too fast, or you would have gotten stuck in CE!

hippobuttamus

the guide is extremely vague.
i know you took a lot of effort but ....i will have to do a lot of research to complete the ocianic goods in indutrial age .

you pretty much just said what troops you can get and that was it...maybe threw in a dont do this quest and leave a military tech .

hippobuttamus

so if i'm starting from scratch, i assume the research would be let by the story quests.
but what about the C-map, do i just get every teritory, or do i only scout /aquire sectors if a quest asks me.
also, what about side quests, do i do all side quests or just abourt till i get to recurring quests.

this are info ppl need to know.

UBERhelp1

so if i'm starting from scratch, i assume the research would be let by the story quests.
but what about the C-map, do i just get every teritory, or do i only scout /aquire sectors if a quest asks me.
also, what about side quests, do i do all side quests or just abourt till i get to recurring quests.
I'll be the first to admit that my guides can always be improved. But insulting someone and then asking for help from them? Come on man. And no matter how good a guide you write, people will still ask questions. I could make the guide much more detailed, but I'm not going to. I'm trying to make the guide as open as possible so any player, not just extremely technical ones, can still go through and get higher troops, without that info being buried behind a wall of text and complicated steps.

Also, the answers to the questions you ask are in the guide, so either you didn't read it or you missed where I talked about continent map provinces. As for the side quests, I don't completely address that. Basically, you can complete side quests as long as they are not the Truth or Dare quest.

And if you think I can do better, give me suggestions on how to improve rather than vague info. After all, if you know something that could add to the guide, tell me it because "this are info ppl need to know"

Pericles the Lion

the guide is extremely vague.
i know you took a lot of effort but ....i will have to do a lot of research to complete the ocianic goods in indutrial age .

you pretty much just said what troops you can get and that was it...maybe threw in a dont do this quest and leave a military tech .
You would have had to do a LOT more research had @UBER not gone to the trouble to compile his Guide. I did not find the guide to be vague. I followed his guidance to the letter and completed the FE cMap and FE questline (when in InA) having only a few questions that he was kind enough to answer. Frankly, my questions were more about me not wanting to screw something up rather than his guide being unclear. FWIW, the questline will guide you just fine. I found the biggest value in the Guide was it told me what to do when arriving at critical decision points and there weren't that many. Thanks again @UBER!

KingJMobile

So it's safe to start on the TE Story once you've scouted the first provinces and gotten past the CE CMap and get some TE units (without changing the Future Era Story in any way)?

Two questions on that:
When we are progressing through the CE CMap, can we not complete any side quests or recurring quests (to not risk starting the CE Story)?
When can we get the CE units from side quests later?

Thanks if you can reply